• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
No, it's more like this: "I really like Link. I like him so much, that I'm not only going to make him a fast/strong character, but I am also going to give him the most projectiles in the game, all of which are broken!"

Again, it goes like this: "Ganondorf is awesome. The way he is a fast/strong character with a high weight value, a lagless Up-Smash, cheap, effortless combos, broken kill moves, and great combo potential really got me through the hardest decision on whether to make this a balanced game, or a free-for-all/2-on-2 and 4-on-4 party game!"
but I hate Sm4sh Kirby:He's a letdown, and all he manages to do is annoy people, which doesn't secure a victory. And let's not talk about his combo potential... or the lack thereof.
Did you get a different copy of Smash 4 than the rest of the planet?

-edit-
Just noticed Spirst's post.

Last edited:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
What's everyone doing for their summer break? I'm actually at Canada right now to visit my relatives, but my lifestyle hasn't changed much. I still stay at home mostly and do computer things/play video games. I'll probably stay home the entire break (with the exception of going out to see Jurassic World) after I come back to America.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
What's everyone doing for their summer break? I'm actually at Canada right now to visit my relatives, but my lifestyle hasn't changed much. I still stay at home mostly and do computer things/play video games. I'll probably stay home the entire break (with the exception of going out to see Jurassic World) after I come back to America.
I hope to earn some money, hang with friends, including my lover.
I get lonely easily....

cstonic

NNID
spindashupair
3DS FC
3711-8023-0131
Switch FC
SW-5972-4790-7111
Attend tourneys, play/practice smash, talk to friends, draw, and come back to this thread every once in a while.

Also, I've been wondering about this, does Mewtwo have any attacks that hit below the ledge? I thought dsmash did but I cant seem to land it.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Attend tourneys, play/practice smash, talk to friends, draw, and come back to this thread every once in a while.

Also, I've been wondering about this, does Mewtwo have any attacks that hit below the ledge? I thought dsmash did but I cant seem to land it.
Pretty sure a down-angled forward tilt hits below the ledge.

Certain attacks like d-smash will work against certain characters on ledge. It depends if the character's hurtbox is above the ledge when grabbing onto it. For example, part of Ness' head is above the ledge when he's grabbed onto it.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm definitely picking up Hyrule Warriors 3DS. Swapping characters is something I've wanted to be in the Wii U version since before it was even out, and Tetra is looking pretty great. Also, I find myself playing my 3DS more then my Wii U, since it's portable.

If Linkle really does make it in, I think I'd be okay with that. I never liked the idea of a female Link like some other people, but if it's a separate character with a separate identity, I've got no problem. I almost did try to main Lucina, after all(though by the time I was playing seriously, I had already dropped her).

I'm decently hyped for this.
I find it ironic, yet very funny, that Warlock Punch is now a canon move, since Ganondorf uses it in one of his combo finishers. It's kinda the reverse of how movesets in Smash usually work. Before we know it, Smash 4 Ganondorf will be canon Ganondorf:p.
Hyrule Warriors isn't canon. There are so many reasons why it just doesn't work.

Take the Skyward Sword segment for instance. The Groosenator was built after Link obtained the Goddess Sword, yet in Hyrule Warriors, there were two "Groosenators" already down on the surface world when Fi and the Goddess Sword were still up in the sky.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
IHyrule Warriors isn't canon. There are so many reasons why it just doesn't work.

Take the Skyward Sword segment for instance. The Groosenator was built after Link obtained the Goddess Sword, yet in Hyrule Warriors, there were two "Groosenators" already down on the surface world when Fi and the Goddess Sword were still up in the sky.
Pretty sure what he meant is that he didn't expect Tecmo Koei to look at Warlock Punch as anything but a lazy Falcon
Punch ripoff and actually incorporate it in any way. But they did anyway for those who were fans of Smash Ganon.

Last edited:

sparkaura

Smash Apprentice
Not sure if this has been brought up but do you guys expect for Mewtwo to get buffs on the 14th for 1.0.8?
I think so, but im not getting my hopes up. Just make Mewtwo fatter and Im all good.

As far as what Im doing over the summer? I'll be working mostly, going to the gym regularly again, and playing a variety of games. Im going to try to get around to Ohio's tourneys as well to get more exposure to different MU's. Should be a fun summer!

D

Deleted member

Mewtwo needs buffs.
As he stands he's not enough.
I sit around nearby.
As Mewtwo shines in the sky.

ding*

Last edited by a moderator:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Please don't be trolling.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
I'm honestly fine with Mewtwo as he is now. I do think he's kind of low tier but I don't mind if he stays as is.

Not complaining if he does get buffs though. Autocancellable nair out of a short hop and less startup on uair/bair please.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
I'm honestly fine with Mewtwo as he is now. I do think he's kind of low tier but I don't mind if he stays as is.

Not complaining if he does get buffs though. Autocancellable nair out of a short hop and less startup on uair/bair please.
Fighting against a good Yoshi just proves how pitiful Mewtwo is right now.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I really don't care that Mewtwo is lackluster because he's in the game.

My number one wish during speculation fulfilled, and for free because I had both versions.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
But no a lot of matchups are unfavorable. Partly because dtilt is our only safe move.

And if your opponent can reflect then Mewtwo gets sad.

Mewtwo lives off of hard reads. But so does Ganon.

This game makes it difficult whether or not they want mewtwo to be defensive or offensive.

And teleport bounce is dumb.

cstonic

NNID
spindashupair
3DS FC
3711-8023-0131
Switch FC
SW-5972-4790-7111

Pretty much how I feel.
EDIT:And thanks! Im going to start ftilting below the ledge then

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Nothing much. I pretty much plan to play lots of video games and to try to get back into my daily running schedule. I sorta fell out of it around the time Smash 4 was released, so I haven't been getting much exercise. That's really it when it comes to plans I have for summer, honestly.

As for Mewtwo getting buffed, I personally don't care either way, but I definitely wouldn't be opposed to him getting buffed up a bit. The only thing I'd truly like to see fixed is Teleport's wacky habit of ricocheting off certain stages' ledges, but that's such a rare occurrence that it hardly matters to me. Fixing up some of Mewtwo's hitboxes and giving him Custom Moves would be greatly appreciated, as well, but I can live without those.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I mostly just want Mewtwo's Teleport buffed.
Either in cooldown or in range. If we get both, I might faint from happiness.

All I want is it to be a decent escape tool. I feel like it's a risk to use it- it shouldn't be like that. :/

Last edited:
Top Bottom