• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

cstonic

NNID
spindashupair
3DS FC
3711-8023-0131
Switch FC
SW-5972-4790-7111
I mostly just want Mewtwo's Teleport buffed.
Either in cooldown or in range. If we get both, I might faint from happiness.

All I want is it to be a decent escape tool. I feel like it's a risk to use it- it shouldn't be like that. :/
I would like it if he was intangible during start up. That sounds pretty good too though

D

Deleted member

Warning Received
I really don't care that Mewtwo is lackluster because he's in the game.
And THAT, my friends, is the origin of all of my hatred towards you guys.
That pitiful attitude, and how you all settle for less just because it's there.

Mewtwo lives off of hard reads.
Not true. Mewtwo is mostly an offensive character (only bad Mewtwos play super-defensively), however, you will still need some degree of defense in the mix, as most of his attacks too weak to effectively punish (tail attacks), or they're too slow to be used for offensive purposes.

Overall, I'd say that Mewtwo is the most average character in the game, and he needs buffs.

Also, they need to fix Up-throw, in fact, make it kill at 90% now, and Back-Throw 120%.

P.S. - Don't forget to speed him up and allow for actions out of teleport, plus, a Disable with a normal hitbox, while not forgetting to give Side-B combo potential. (this can be done by having it launch you really far, then within a frame of said effect, add a windbox. With the result being the character retaining the stun, while staying in place... or just program the stun in)

Last edited by a moderator:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Gyah, man. I really wish you wouldn't do this. I thought you were an OK guy but all you ever try to do is start drama. I hate to do this but I'm going to have to put you on ignore. I hope you settle out someday and respect other people's opinions. Until then, I just won't listen... Sorry.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465

Not true. Mewtwo is mostly an offensive character (only bad Mewtwos play super-defensively), however, you will still need some degree of defense in the mix, as most of his attacks too weak to effectively punish (tail attacks), or they're too slow to be used for offensive purposes.

Overall, I'd say that Mewtwo is the most average character in the game, and he needs buffs.

Also, they need to fix Up-throw, in fact, make it kill at 90% now, and Back-Throw 120%.

P.S. - Don't forget to speed him up and allow for actions out of teleport, plus, a Disable with a normal hitbox, while not forgetting to give Side-B combo potential. (this can be done by having it launch you really far, then within a frame of said effect, add a windbox. With the result being the character retaining the stun, while staying in place... or just program the stun in)
You hate me? ;~;

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Being easily pleased isn't always a bad thing.
Being difficult to please isn't usually a good thing.

cstonic

NNID
spindashupair
3DS FC
3711-8023-0131
Switch FC
SW-5972-4790-7111
But think of this, teleporting in front of someone and instantly being able to jab or grab! :3
That sounds really cool actually

L O L

sparkaura

Smash Apprentice

You sound ungrateful. This isnt something that you yourself put work into it was the game developers decision to put him back in to smash. They didnt have to. Also, seems like you're hurt because Mewtwo didn't turnout to be some god on release. Here's a fun fact, a lot of people characters that they were hype about didnt turn out to be some god character and they are dealing with it.

Using hate is an over the top emotional response to people who are playing a game, like chill and enjoy Mewtwo because he could have been MIA in this smash game like brawl.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
You sound ungrateful. This isnt something that you yourself put work into it was the game developers decision to put him back in to smash. They didnt have to. Also, seems like you're hurt because Mewtwo didn't turnout to be some god on release. Here's a fun fact, a lot of people characters that they were hype about didnt turn out to be some god character and they are dealing with it.

Using hate is an over the top emotional response to people who are playing a game, like chill and enjoy Mewtwo because he could have been MIA in this smash game like brawl.
Yeah, really...
To this day, I still wonder just how Mewtwo would have looked and performed in Brawl...
I mean, what would his Final Smash have been before Mega Evolution and Psystrike??

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I somehow don't think Mewtwo's Final Smash would be the same as Lucario's either. I don't know what it'd be, but only semi-clone characters shared Final Smashes, didn't they?

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I somehow don't think Mewtwo's Final Smash would be the same as Lucario's either. I don't know what it'd be, but only semi-clone characters shared Final Smashes, didn't they?
Right, and Mewtwo had no relation to Lucario in any sense, except for the Neutral B.

I've got a feeling it might have been Psychic.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Hmm. I guess. It really is kind of hard to imagine Mewtwo's final smash though, so I assumed it would be like Lucario's. Mewtwo's FS in PM is sick.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Hmm. I guess. It really is kind of hard to imagine Mewtwo's final smash though, so I assumed it would be like Lucario's. Mewtwo's FS in PM is sick.
Not as sick as the one he has now, of course.
Honestly, I don't know if they could have done anything more awesome with his Final Smash. They nailed it so perfectly....Mewtwo Y AND Psystrike.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Honestly, I don't know if they could have done anything more awesome with his Final Smash. They nailed it so perfectly....Mewtwo Y AND Psystrike.
No kidding. Anything with brain explosions is instantly awesome. Bonus points for Mewtwo Y representation.

Really glad they didn't go with just a generic mega-evo transformation like Charizard and Lucario. I like both of their final smashes but it would have been overdone.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I doubt if would have been a clone Final Smash of Lucario's, but regardless it would have been changed to incorporate the Mega Evolution and Psytrike (neither of these existed during Brawl).
And oh, hey, someone from the kids' table just wandered inside, better call his parents.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
If they made the tail disjointed I would be less upset. And whoever thought of having Mewtwo have frames of vulnerability during his teleport is an idiot. And trust me they are there.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, really...
To this day, I still wonder just how Mewtwo would have looked and performed in Brawl...
I mean, what would his Final Smash have been before Mega Evolution and Psystrike??
I usually wonder most about the moveset and model. I kinda wish that Sakurai would inform us, or maybe even make a premium Brawl copy with Mewtwo in it for the fans (since wifi is dead, so personal content or social content doesn't make a difference).

For some reason, I always have thought that he would be good, though similar to Melee, while also having a wonderful model (almost like a vision, or perhaps a collection of desires that have manifested themselves into one)

You also have to remember that Smash 4 Mewtwo isn't a useful reference for how Brawltwo would've been because:

His animations (and possibly hitboxes) have been altered to make him face the screen more

There was a huge focus on buffing veterans, however, Mewtwo wasn't buffed, just changed, possibly because this would be his first instance of being a veteran, therefor they didn't have an already-established Brawl moveset to work off of.

The animation style as a whole (and hitbox data) was different from in Brawl, so Mewtwo could've still had his Melee-animations
Mewtwo would probably have been buffed from Melee, but could've also been nerfed, and because we don't know, we also don't know what happened to Smash 4 Mewtwo in relation to Brawl, because Brawl Mewtwo never existed

Sakurai seems to focus more on characters that are in the game longer, so if Mewtwo were in since 64, 4 example, by the time Smash 4 came along, who knows how different he would've been. (don't believe me, look at Mario, who has gotten many changes throughout the series, then look at Sonic, who hasn't gotten those many, then look at the Smash-gaps between them)

Hitboxes in Brawl are usually bigger and less realistic, which means that Mewtwo's range could've actually been buffed.

His Up-throw and Back-throw probably would've retained their power, Down-throw would've been a better move, and F-throw probably would've still sucked.

And lastly, Mewtwo's two good for Brawl.

]I don't know Y they had to make it Mewtwo Y. I hate it when they appeal to the majority, because what Nintendo doesn't realize is that there was a time when people hated MMY, yet by advertising him and giving him spotlight, people grew to love him. But if they never do that same thing with MMX, then of course people will dislike him. This was a dumb move on Nintendo's part, as once you're on the throne what else is there to do, MMY? Also, Psystrike should've been more like how it is in the games.

Last edited by a moderator:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
I don't know Y they had to make it Mewtwo Y. I hate it when they appeal to the majority, because what Nintendo doesn't realize is that there was a time when people hated MMY, yet by advertising him and giving him spotlight, people grew to love him. But if they never do that same thing with MMX, then of course people will dislike him. This was a dumb move on Nintendo's part, as once you're on the throne what else is there to do, MMY? Also, Psystrike should've been more like how it is in the games.
It's because Psystrike is a special move, and Y has the better Special Attack stat of the two Mega Mewtwos, meaning it makes more sense for it to use Psystrike than Mega Mewtwo X to do so.

And to be fair, it'd be kind of hard to do Psystrike as it appears in the games without making it really similar to the revamped PK Starstorm, since they're basically the same thing (rain objects onto opponnent), just tweaked.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
*wakes up*

*hate post*

Whatever.

The way Psystrike was shown in Smash 4 is honestly pretty good. I would have preferred that it had more hits, but it's still nice.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
What happened to the zooming in portion that was shown in his trailer when his finals smash was used!? That was hype af.
Just special effects for the trailer to make Mewtwo look cooler.
DLC characters in particular need to be pushed so they need to show them kicking ass in order for them to be sold.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I don't know Y they had to make it Mewtwo Y. I hate it when they appeal to the majority, because what Nintendo doesn't realize is that there was a time when people hated MMY, yet by advertising him and giving him spotlight, people grew to love him. But if they never do that same thing with MMX, then of course people will dislike him. This was a dumb move on Nintendo's part, as once you're on the throne what else is there to do, MMY? Also, Psystrike should've been more like how it is in the games.
I never did learn to like Mega Mewtwo Y, but at least it's not as ugly as X.

Edit: Well waddya know, it looks like Mega Zard Y is finally getting some love! What timing.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I don't think that Lucas's Custom Moves can be used as an accurate gauge for Mewtwo's Custom Moves. I mean, Lucas's Special Moves are all slightly edited versions of Ness's Custom Moves, so it makes sense to just give Lucas Ness's Special Moves in the form of Custom Moves. Doing something like that probably wouldn't be too hard, but giving Mewtwo Custom Moves is a completely different story. Sakurai and the devs would have to edit Mewtwo's existing Special Moves in order to create Customs for him, whereas creating Lucas's Custom Moves is much closer to a copy-and-paste job. Therefore, if Lucas does happen to get Custom Moves, I don't think we could safely say that Customs for Mewtwo are guaranteed.

However, by the same token, if Mewtwo gets Custom Moves and Lucas, for whatever reason, doesn't, then I do think we could safely say that Customs for Lucas are basically guaranteed at some point down the line.

All of that said, I do agree that an absence of Custom Moves for Lucas would be a bad sign for Mewtwo's Customs.

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence!

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Your optimism is baffling.
You'd be surprised at how pessimistic I was when Mewtwo wasn't in the original 3DS release. I didn't think he had a chance if he wasn't in the initial roster.
Look, I got my character. I have no reason to be negative any longer.
I mean, come on guys! We got Mewtwo! We should be happy just for that, right? It's not like we're experiencing Brawl again...

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
You'd be surprised at how pessimistic I was when Mewtwo wasn't in the original 3DS release. I didn't think he had a chance if he wasn't in the initial roster.
Look, I got my character. I have no reason to be negative any longer.
I mean, come on guys! We got Mewtwo! We should be happy just for that, right? It's not like we're experiencing Brawl again...
"I got Mewtwo in game. I don't care if he sucks cheesecake and chokes on it".

You might be able to settle for less but I find it unacceptable.

It becomes a novelty character at most.

Last edited:
Top Bottom