• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

D

Deleted member

I know the difficulties of developing games, but that's not an excuse. Mewtwo should've been #1 priority besides the engine/modes (for obvious reasons) and Mario's inclusion as a character (because that's Nintendo's mascot). What makes it that characters like Greninja (who needs nerfs) gets developed before Mewtwo (who needs buffs)?

Not only that, but depending on when you develop a character, that can actually change how they will turn out. I can almost
guarantee that had Mewtwo been part of the initial roster, he would've been a much better (and overall solid) character.

And also, during the time of Mewtwo's announcement, what made me sick to my lungs was that people didn't like Mewtwo because it was Mewtwo, they liked him because his existence meant that more DLC could come along later on. That's flat-out demoralizing, and yes, I know Mewtwo isn't real, but if my purpose was to be a mere vehicle to show that humans can still reproduce, I would honestly be offended-it doesn't say anything about you, it just says something about your kind (which, in Mewtwo's case, is Downloadable Content)

Another thing that I find nauseating is how Lucas is a more respected character (and more popular) than Mewtwo is, whether in their own respective series, or in Smash. There have literally been times where Smash Bros. fans have uploading videos of Mewtwo from the 50-Fact Extravaganza and shouted out "Lucas!", which was later typed into the comments below, and they weren't saying it because Mewtwo was revealed, they were saying it because that's what Mewtwo meant to those people: The messenger that more DLC could be coming.

The "mere culprit in the grand scheme of things" was represented how fans only respect and view Mewtwo as the vehicle to deliver more DLC. Even Sakurai himself shows absolutely no regard for Mewtwo, calling him a "Mewtwo DLC experiment". whereas he could probably write a 50-paragraph letter on why he loves Greninja... and Link, and Kirby, and Pikachu, and Samus, and Mario, and Marth, and Fox, and especially Ganondork.

You will never see anybody complaining about Mr.GameWatch for being in the game, nor will you see him being shown as a culprit to convey the message that more characters can be added to the game. Even in his nerfed state, he is still respected as a character, Mewtwo isn't, but rather, as a 100%-no-refunds culprit.

What seperates Mii from U all, is that unlike you guys, I don't settle for less.

Edit: Just saw that moderator's message. Ought' to stop here.

Last edited by a moderator:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
I know the difficulties of developing games, but that's not an excuse. Mewtwo should've been #1 priority besides the engine/modes (for obvious reasons) and Mario's inclusion as a character (because that's Nintendo's mascot). What makes it that characters like Greninja (who needs nerfs) gets developed before Mewtwo (who needs buffs)?

Not only that, but depending on when you develop a character, that can actually change how they will turn out. I can almost
guarantee that had Mewtwo been part of the initial roster, he would've been a much better (and overall solid) character.

And also, during the time of Mewtwo's announcement, what made me sick to my lungs was that people didn't like Mewtwo because it was Mewtwo, they liked him because his existence meant that more DLC could come along later on. That's flat-out demoralizing, and yes, I know Mewtwo isn't real, but if my purpose was to be a mere vehicle to show that humans can still reproduce, I would honestly be offended-it doesn't say anything about you, it just says something about your kind (which, in Mewtwo's case, is Downloadable Content)

Another thing that I find nauseating is how Lucas is a more respected character (and more popular) than Mewtwo is, whether in their own respective series, or in Smash. There have literally been times where Smash Bros. fans have uploading videos of Mewtwo from the 50-Fact Extravaganza and shouted out "Lucas!", which was later typed into the comments below, and they weren't saying it because Mewtwo was revealed, they were saying it because that's what Mewtwo meant to those people: The messenger that more DLC could be coming.

The "mere culprit in the grand scheme of things" was represented how fans only respect and view Mewtwo as the vehicle to deliver more DLC. Even Sakurai himself shows absolutely no regard for Mewtwo, calling him a "Mewtwo DLC experiment". whereas he could probably write a 50-paragraph letter on why he loves Greninja... and Link, and Kirby, and Pikachu, and Samus, and Mario, and Marth, and Fox, and especially Ganondork.

You will never see anybody complaining about Mr.GameWatch for being in the game, nor will you see him being shown as a culprit to convey the message that more characters can be added to the game. Even in his nerfed state, he is still respected as a character, Mewtwo isn't, but rather, as a 100%-no-refunds culprit.

What seperates Mii from U all, is that unlike you guys, I don't settle for less.

Why does it matter if other people like Mewtwo or not? Not everybody likes him and that's perfectly fine... Besides, from what I can see a lot of people already love Mewtwo.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I feel like Cartman waiting for Halo 5 now.
- Republic Commando like squad ordering
- 15 FREE maps on top of 20 in the base game
- alternate routes in the campaign
- Nathan Fillion returns as Buck
- Blue Team
- 4 player drop in, drop out co-op
- A huge new BTB mode

Is it the end of October yet?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I feel like Cartman waiting for Halo 5 now.
- Republic Commando like squad ordering
- 15 FREE maps on top of 20 in the base game
- alternate routes in the campaign
- Nathan Fillion returns as Buck
- Blue Team
- 4 player drop in, drop out co-op
- A huge new BTB mode

Is it the end of October yet?
You feel racist? Then freeze yourself
I don't settle for less.
Which is why you think Mewtwo should be the only DLC character. I noticed this and had to call you out. There are other things to point out aswell, but out of respect for mods, I won't

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
whereas he could probably write a 50-paragraph letter on why he loves

Ganondork.
"I really like Link. I like him so much, that I'm going to nerf him in every single "balance" patch I release."

"Ganondorf is awesome. The way he got me through the hardest tracks in F-Zero X is something I'll never forget."
-Sakurai

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

1) Why should you care if some people don't care about Mewtwo? Everyone has their personal preferences.
2) You act like no one cares about Mewtwo. If you really believe this, I can assure you that you're very, very wrong. You should of seen Miiverse on the day Lucario was confirmed to be returning. There were salty Mewtwo fanboys everywhere.
3) Sakurai picked Mewtwo to be the very first DLC character, and you think Sakurai doesn't care about Mewtwo at all? I don't follow this logic.
4) As a matter of fact, yes, there are some people who hate Game&Watch. He just doesn't have the spotlight right now because people are already used to him. Mewtwo's return, however, came as a surprise.

You say you don't settle for less, but it feels more like you're just looking for things to complain about sometimes. Cheer up. This pessimistic attitude is constantly bringing this entire thread down.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
The only thing that brings me down is the fact this is the only active topic usually on the Mewtwo board.

Spirst

I can't believe I missed the dinosaur topic. That's like the one thing I could've gotten really into.

Any of you interested in paleontology? Along with astronomy, vertebrate paleontology is my favorite subject and I'd been interested in it ever since I was a kid. I'd taken some internships for it at the American Museum of Natural History and I have some fossil specimens I keep in my drawers instead of actual clothing, lol. But yeah, vertebrate paleontology is one of two career options despite the little job openings available for it. Astrobiology is the other one I have in mind though I haven't decided between the two yet.

Jurassic World isn't what I'd call "scientifically accurate" but it looks pretty cool regardless and I'm a sucker for anything prehistory so I'll be seeing it. Anyone else?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Which is why you think Mewtwo should be the only DLC character. (MS Note: this was in response to saying I don't settle for less)
When I say that I don't settle for less, I mean that I don't just sit in a corner and praise Sakurai because Mewtwo's in the game. That's not good enough. He should've been one of the first characters developed so he would've meant more, but no, Masahiro Krapurai had to work on the other characters first, while he "considered" Mewtwo.
Though maybe I'm being a bit too hard on the man, I mean, after all, Mewtwo did make it into the initial cast... as a trophy.

And in that same way that I don't settle for less, I also don't just sit around and praise Sakurai because Mewtwo's in the game: In the game as a mid-low tier character. I mean, seriously, first you nerf Mewtwo (not as a whole, but any nerf Mewtwo gets hurts him 3x as much as anyone else), then you don't give him the buffs that he needs to be a great (not to be confused with sufficient) character, then, to top it allll off, you nerf his Up-throw... "Smash 4 truly is balanced"... Yeah right.
But hey, look on the bright side, Mewtwo's Shadow Ball now charges up slower!!! and even better, Mewtwo is lighter!!! His glaring flaws have all been fixed!!! woo-hoo! Hooray! Huzzah!

"I really like Link. I like him so much, that I'm going to nerf him in every single "balance" patch I release."
No, it's more like this: "I really like Link. I like him so much, that I'm not only going to make him a fast/strong character, but I am also going to give him the most projectiles in the game, all of which are broken!"
"Ganondorf is awesome. The way he got me through the hardest tracks in F-Zero X is something I'll never forget."
-Sakurai
Again, it goes like this: "Ganondorf is awesome. The way he is a fast/strong character with a high weight value, a lagless Up-Smash, cheap, effortless combos, broken kill moves, and great combo potential really got me through the hardest decision on whether to make this a balanced game, or a free-for-all/2-on-2 and 4-on-4 party game!"
P.S: Don't forget the items!
-Sakurai

The only thing that brings me down is the fact this is the only active topic usually on the Mewtwo board.
How ironic that the only instance of this is with Mewtwo. It's called DLC-Syndrome

Edit: Challenger Approaches!
Why should you care if some people don't care about Mewtwo? Everyone has their personal preferences.
My problem isn't so much them not caring, I could...care less about that. It's the fact that he's optional that ticks Mii off. I like Kirby, but I hate Sm4sh Kirby:He's a letdown, and all he manages to do is annoy people, which doesn't secure a victory. And let's not talk about his combo potential... or the lack thereof. The thing with Kirby though is, regardless of how much I hate Sm4sh Kirby, or Sm4sh Link, or Diddy, or Sm4sh GameWatch (they ruined this character), or Sm4sh Sonic, I can't get rid of them. They're a part of the game, just like how I can't remove people from existence because they are bothering me. They're a part of the human race. Mewtwo is like a Bulldog in a world full of Humans: The humans will either keep it (download him), or annihilate it (not download him). But you can't create or delete a human being, nor can you the characters in Sm4sh. You have to accept them, even if you never play as them.

It's almost like the difference between watching a film at a grand movie theater, of which contains a huge, HD screen, and watching a DVD on your little TV at home. With the theater, you either choose to go, and get the whole, albeit slightly uncontrollable experience (Sm4sh as a whole), or not go, (not getting the game). Whereas with DVD, you get the movie (the game), yet you have complete control now: control you don't need. The type of control that allows you pause during the movie's climax (waiting to get Mewtwo), or skipping over a scene altogether (completely opting-out to get Mewtwo).

In other words: the problem doesn't come with what people think, but with what they can do, or, to be more accurate, can't do (downloading Mewtwo).

Last edited by a moderator:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Any of you interested in paleontology? Along with astronomy, vertebrate paleontology is my favorite subject and I'd been interested in it ever since I was a kid. I'd taken some internships for it at the American Museum of Natural History and I have some fossil specimens I keep in my drawers instead of actual clothing, lol. But yeah, vertebrate paleontology is one of two career options despite the little job openings available for it. Astrobiology is the other one I have in mind though I haven't decided between the two yet.
I know I want a career involving animal sciences of some sort.
Whether I go for behaviorism, paleontology, or some other related science is still up in the air, but yes, I do take interest in these things.
No, it's more like this: "I really like Link. I like him so much, that I'm not only going to make him a fast/strong character, but I am also going to give him the most projectiles in the game, all of which are broken!"
Again, it goes like this: "Ganondorf is awesome. The way he is a fast/strong character with a high weight value, a lagless Up-Smash, cheap, effortless combos, broken kill moves, and great combo potential really got me through the hardest decision on whether to make this a balanced game, or a free-for-all/2-on-2 and 4-on-4 party game!"
-Sakurai
Wow. I don't even know where to start with this.
Not only are you suggesting that Link and Ganon are OP(which, by the way, they aren't), you're also suggesting that they were made OP on purpose.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Am I the only one bummed we can't act out of teleport? I mean come on. It's ****ing Mewtwo. Throw me a Master Ball would ya?

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
I can't believe I missed the dinosaur topic. That's like the one thing I could've gotten really into.

Jurassic World isn't what I'd call "scientifically accurate" but it looks pretty cool regardless and I'm a sucker for anything prehistory so I'll be seeing it. Anyone else?
Being a paleontologist was my dream as a kid. Like everybody else, I freaking loved dinosaurs. As I grew up, however, I no longer think being one is possible for me. I still do love dinosaurs, but paleontologists just doesn't seem to be a stable job based on what I hear. A shame, haha...

90% of this entire thread is going to see Jurassic World the day it comes out. We all love love love love love dinosaurs. :D Personally, I own all three of the previous Jurassic Park movies and seen them all like a thousand times when I was a little boy. It was my childhood and I am extremely looking forward to seeing Jurassic World.

D

Deleted member

Wow. I don't even know where to start with this.
Not only are you suggesting that Link and Ganon are OP(which, by the way, they aren't), you're also suggesting that they were made OP on purpose.
Unless you are telling me that Sakurai and his team just hit a button on a computer that randomizes each characters' stats, then these characters were intentionally made broken. Don't believe me?

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/...dynamic-complete-fairness-has-no-personality/

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Why is there so much pessimism regarding viability in the Mewtwo boards?
Learn to be an optimistic Charizard, guys.

...I've never seen any Jurassic Park, in all honesty, and I probably won't be seeing Jurassic World. I have never seen any Godzilla either. The only dinosaur movie I'd ever see was The Land Before Time.

I'm not a huge movie goer.
Unless you are telling me that Sakurai and his team just hit a button on a computer that randomizes each characters' stats, then these characters were intentionally made broken. Don't believe me?

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/...dynamic-complete-fairness-has-no-personality/
Imagine if every character had the exact stats, moveset, and abilities as Mario. It'll be completely fair, but there'd be no variety. I'm pretty sure that's what Sakurai was going at here.

He said he didn't "over-fine tune it", but the fact that we're getting balance patches post launch is more then enough to prove that he doesn't completely oppose the idea of balance.

Also, I'm not going to even bother to explain why Link and Ganondorf aren't OP.
Their weaknesses are both pretty apparent if you actually look for them.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Sakurai also decided to playtest Smash during his lunch breaks every day on the job and played the game so much debugging **** he gave himself carpal tunnel. He is obviously going to play better then his coworkers he bosses around.

He even playtested 2 player matches using both controllers by HIMSELF.

Whose to say he didn't go Wizard and play 4 player matches by himself? Would easily explain "I won a lot".

Who needs balance when Sakurai is the balance.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

-Sakurai
Link is by no means fast compared to the characters that people cry wolf about. His projectiles are by no means broken either. They can all be worked around.

Ganondorf isn't fast either compared to the character he was cloned from. Being strong and heavy is his thing. His kill moves are nowhere near broken, and everything else is just false.

If you want to not be seen as a jerk or a fool, then add some common sense to your posts. It's for your own good and in the long run it'll benefit you.

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
The epitome of entitlement. If you think that Mewtwo should have been #1 next to engines and such, then you are far less grounded to reality and understand even less about game development than I thought.

Not only that, but depending on when you develop a character, that can actually change how they will turn out. I can almost guarantee that had Mewtwo been part of the initial roster, he would've been a much better (and overall solid) character.
No. You literally can't.

*immature rambling*
That's not good enough. He should've been one of the first characters developed so he would've meant more, but no, Masahiro Krapurai had to work on the other characters first, while he "considered" Mewtwo.
*immature rambling*
There are dozens of Nintendo characters out there that needed work, no less than Mewtwo, yet you are being childish and hostile towards the dev team for not looking into your personal feelings and adding him first. Talk about spoiled. The more you speak the less you can be taken seriously. Oh well, should stop because got a mod's notice.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
You could sell of any character as OP if you just focus on their strengths.

"Charizard is so broken. He's got the 8th fastest running speed in the game. How do you make a heavy weight that fast and justify it? His Nair's hitbox is massive, his grab range is too long, and his Uair can kill stupid early.
His Flamethrower makes his opponent flinch all throughout the attack. Who the heck thought that'd be fair? Bowser's doesn't do that. Just Charizard. Getting a free extra 10% or so damage every time you throw someone off stage with those unfair shield grabs is just lame.

Rock Smash is just freaking ridiculous. The super armor on that move is insane, and the damage is just as bad. Charizard's biggest offender is the Forward Smash, though. I wonder what the conversation went like behind this attack. 'Hey guys, you know how Charizard has one of the strongest kill moves in the game? Well, I don't think that's good enough. Let's give it invincibility frames instead!' Charizard's entire balance philosophy is just broken. You can get punished big time just for landing a successful hit on him. That's just not fair. Speaking of armor, good luck edge guarding him through Flare Blitz and Fly. You're gonna need it.

Don't even get me started on his zero-to-death Dragon Rush combo."

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
So Sega just announced a new Sonic Boom game called Fire & Ice.

Well...that happened.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Well, to be fair, I keep hearing that Shattered Crystal wasn't as bad as Rise of Lyric. Also, supposedly, they intend to make it easier to speed through levels now. 'Cause you know...Sonic. He's fast.

But the only Sonic Boom I've played was the Shattered Crystal demo, which was actually was pretty decent, imo.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Warning Received
hmmm...People are talking to someone I ignored *checks ignored stuff* I have a headache now.
btw kid, you show how ****ing casual you are if you're complaining about Ganon's Usmash being 'lagless'. I'm counting the fact you'll never be involved with Smash Bros development as blessing. I hope you wt least now what a condom is.

Sonic Boom 2 looks like it's going to feel nore Sonic-y. Roger Van Der Weide likes how the PR guy said Sticks was the new character and doubts that Modern Sonic is here to stay as Boom's had 3 games while the mainseries has a mobile game

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Smash 4 Link and Ganondorf are OP?
Brawl Meta Knight laughs at you.
Spy Meta knight.png

Also embrace the (slightly altered) Dark Souls motto of:
Get Good.

Last edited:
Top Bottom