• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
The only reason people hated Godzilla is because they forgot every other Godzilla film, forgot there was a budget and wanted Pacific Rim: Godzilla edition without the Jaegers.

Plus Heisenberg was wasted.

Last edited:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
I saw Pitch Perfect 2 recently. Funny movie.

I'm so freaking excited for Jurassic World. I've waited all my life for this... literally. The last Jurassic Park was in 2001, which happens to be the year I was also born in. I've owned all three movies as a kid. Jurassic Park and dinosaurs in general was my childhood. I don't care if most people considered II and III bad, I loved all the Jurassic Park movies. Jurassic World needs to come out already.
I definitely want to see Jurassic World too. Dinosaurs were pretty much my childhood as well *points to username* and the idea of a hybrid dinosaur sounds cool but I'm glad that it doesn't look like a Sci-Fi movie monster and actually looks believable.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Jurassic Park was my favorite movie as a kid, so I definitely want to watch Jurassic World. Tyrannosaurus Rex was my favorite as a kid, though velociraptors are growing on me.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Y'know, I'm just thinking out loud here, but the hybrid dinosaur in Jurassic World was genetically engineered, right? Well, so was Mewtwo. So, logically, Mewtwo must be the Indominus Rex of the Safari Zone!

On a slightly more serious note, my favorite dinosaur is probably Carcharodontosaurus because it's the closest thing to a giant land-shark, but I'm also partial to the other ginormous dinosaurs.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Jurassic Park is my favorite movie, came out when I was three, and I've been waiting for something to do the series justice and wash out the bad taste JP/// left in my mouth for 14 years. The 12th is going to be a freaking holiday in my house.

Also, I love how the main attraction of this movie is a hyper intelligent, hyper aggressive, genetically-modified mutant. Sound familiar?

Eep. Long word
It gets its name from the Great White Shark, that's how you know it's badass. Carcharodontosaurus is one of my faves too, along with Giganotosaurus, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Dilophosaurus, and good old T-rex.

Last edited:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
My favorite is probably the Pterodactyl. Love that dino mostly because of another one of my favorite dinosaur movies, The Land Before Time. Petrie was my favorite character.

Honorable mentions goes to the T-Rex and Triceratops.

Edit: actually, maybe not the pterodactyl. I think I like the triceratops more because I've always liked that Dino as a kid. Bleh, whatever, all dinosaurs are cool.

Last edited:

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
You guys should look into JP: Operation Genesis. Good game, great modding community. There's even mods now to add Indominus to your park, and JW isn't even out yet.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
You guys should look into JP: Operation Genesis. Good game, great modding community. There's even mods now to add Indominus to your park, and JW isn't even out yet.
I used to be addicted to that game! I wonder if I still have it.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Oh my goodness. I found a really good Pit player just a little bit ago. You don't know how much fun it is to play a good Pit player with my Dark Pit, especially when we both win and loose some. So much fun! :3

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
It's always good to have matches between players that are as good as each other and the dittos especially can be fun with players of a similar level of play.
Bodying/Getting bodied isn't fun for anyone.

*checks Steam*
*not on Steam*

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
It's always good to have matches between players that are as good as each other and the dittos especially can be fun with players of a similar level of play.
Bodying/Getting bodied isn't fun for anyone.

*checks Steam*
*not on Steam*
Indeed.
I have more fun winning and loosing over having too much of either.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
It's a better way of being able to improve your character too.
Kind of like a rival if you end up adding them and playing them frequently.
Mmmhm.
Rivalries are the best thing when it comes to being competitive. In fact, that's one of the main reasons I play Smash; Finding good rivals.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Mmmhm.
Rivalries are the best thing when it comes to being competitive. In fact, that's one of the main reasons I play Smash; Finding good rivals.
My problem is I'd never find a decent rival because I'm in that position where everyone I've played is either:
A. So much better than me that I get bodied.
B. So much worse that I body them.

That and I have so many games to play that I can't really devote myself to a single game.

Last edited:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
My problem is I'd never find a decent rival because I'm in that position where everyone I've played is either:
A. So much better than me that I get bodied.
B. So much worse that I body them.
Exactly this. I've noticed that I don't improve much because of it. Truly a shame that this happens most of the time.

Like Speed said, it definitely is much more fun to play against someone your level. I get salty if I lose too much, and I think it's too easy if I win too much. Both aren't exactly fun experiences (I do like winning over losing though haha). One of my biggest problems with Smash... But I do encounter people my skill level a decent amount, and I find it very fun to play against them.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Yeah, I pretty much agree with everything that's been said. I love fighting people with an equal skill level to that of mine, but such people can be really hard to find. When I do, though, I have an absolute blast. I definitely agree that battling "rivals" is a good way to raise your skill level, and I certainly think that it's a more enjoyable experience than winning/losing all the time.

cstonic

NNID
spindashupair
3DS FC
3711-8023-0131
Switch FC
SW-5972-4790-7111
Mmmhm.
Definitely. Rivals are so much fun
I like playing people better than I am sometimes too. They can help point out what you're doing wrong

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Going to the conversation on the last page, here's a little fun fact for you all; not all dinos went extinct. Birds are actually classified as theropod dinosaurs. When you eat a chicken, you're technically eating dino meat. Yum.

That said, my favorite dinosaur has got to be the archaeopteryx, the dinosaur species that proved the evolutionary link between dinosaurs and modern birds. When I found the pokemon Archeops in Pokemon Black, I fell in love with that majestic parrot-feathered dino. It remained one of my favorites for a while.

Then this sprite came along.

Now it just looks clumsy and fat. :/

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Going to the conversation on the last page, here's a little fun fact for you all; not all dinos went extinct. Birds are actually classified as theropod dinosaurs. When you eat a chicken, you're technically eating dino meat. Yum.

That said, my favorite dinosaur has got to be the archaeopteryx, the dinosaur species that proved the evolutionary link between dinosaurs and modern birds. When I found the pokemon Archeops in Pokemon Black, I fell in love with that majestic parrot-feathered dino. It remained one of my favorites for a while.

#themoreyouknow

And going on with Jurassic Park Grant even says "Raptor means Bird of Prey" in reference to Velociraptors before the kid comes along.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Not only is it clumsy and fat, but it's literally a defeatist

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101

If I'm not mistaken, the evolutionary link between dinosaurs and birds isn't 100% proven, is it? I'm fairly certain that Archaeopteryx, while very close to being complete evidence, isn't enough to prove the link between dinosaurs and birds on its lonesome. In order for Archaeopteryx to be the link between birds and dinosaurs, Compsognathus would have to be its ancestor, and chances of that are very slim. Therefore, some other, undiscovered dinosaur must be out there somewhere. Plus, some of the fossils containing bones belonging to dinosaurs that are potential ancestors of birds are close to 75 million years younger than Archaeopteryx, like Velociraptor and Deinonychus.

Anyway, all of that's just to say, I'm pretty sure that there's some undiscovered "missing link" between dinosaurs and birds out there somewhere, because I think Archaeopteryx is just shy of proving the theory.

Oh, and I think Archeops is really cool, too, chubby 3D model aside. Of course, I think all the Fossil Pokémon are cool, so my opinion might not mean much here:p.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
If I'm not mistaken, the evolutionary link between dinosaurs and birds isn't 100% proven, is it? I'm fairly certain that Archaeopteryx, while very close to being complete evidence, isn't enough to prove the link between dinosaurs and birds on its lonesome. In order for Archaeopteryx to be the link between birds and dinosaurs, Compsognathus would have to be its ancestor, and chances of that are very slim. Therefore, some other, undiscovered dinosaur must be out there somewhere. Plus, some of the fossils containing bones belonging to dinosaurs that are potential ancestors of birds are close to 75 million years younger than Archaeopteryx, like Velociraptor and Deinonychus.

Anyway, all of that's just to say, I'm pretty sure that there's some undiscovered "missing link" between dinosaurs and birds out there somewhere, because I think Archaeopteryx is just shy of proving the theory.
I'm not really a paleontology expert (yet), but from my understanding, a lot of scientist are pretty confident dinosaurs and birds are related.

But most of my knowledge comes from documentaries I saw years ago or short science articles I read in school, so I guess I'm a little ignorant. At the very least, though, Archaeopteryx is a common symbol of the dinosaur/bird evolutionary relationship.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I'm not really a paleontology expert (yet), but from my understanding, a lot of scientist are pretty confident dinosaurs and birds are related.

But most of my knowledge comes from documentaries I saw years ago or short science articles I read in school, so I guess I'm a little ignorant. At the very least, though, Archaeopteryx is a common symbol of the dinosaur/bird evolutionary relationship.
Oh, definitely. I didn't mean to imply that dinosaurs and birds weren't related. My apologies for doing so. I was just saying that Archaeopteryx wasn't quite enough to prove the link between dinosaurs and birds on its own. It's most of the evidence that science needs to prove the theory, anyway, and its popularity is well-deserved.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
I thought I knew quite a lot about dinosaurs... You all are awesome. *insert sparkly eyes here*

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432

Found this on Google too. Probably the most epic thing I've seen all day.

As for my favorite dinosaurs irl, Baryonyx, Tyrannosaurus Rex, and Triceratops are my top favorites.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548

Found this on Google too. Probably the most epic thing I've seen all day.

As for my favorite dinosaurs irl, Baryonyx, Tyrannosaurus Rex, and Triceratops are my top favorites.
Think that's cool? Watch this:

Edit: See what I mean at 1:20.

Last edited:

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
I have a pet parakeet. In other words, I have a pet dinosaur.
Another fun fact: Baryonyx was supposed to be a part of the JP franchise from the beginning, but has yet to appear in a single film. It was slated to be the original 'antagonist' dino of JP///, until it was replaced with it's much larger relative, Spinosaurus. A logo featuring Baryonyx was even made
, but ironically, the iconic feature of Baryonyx, the big claw on each hand, isn't present in the original logo, and is instead only visible in the Spino logo.

Top Bottom