• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Don't you mean, use Fox or die?
I mean, that's basically Melee in a nutshell.
Oh ffs, Speed. Do your ****ing homework.

In Melee, there are 12 characters that commonly and consistently place high at tournaments, and nearly all of them are considered viable by means of counterpick or solo maining. That's damn near half the cast.

Fox
Falco
Sheik
Marth
Jiggs
Ice Climbers
Peach
Captain Falcon
Ganondorf
Pikachu
Dr. Mario
Yoshi

And this is after the game's been out for over a decade.

I'm seriously done with this goddamn thread.

Smooth Criminal

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
In Melee, there are 12 characters that commonly and consistently place high at tournaments, and nearly all of them are considered viable by means of counterpick or solo maining. That's damn near half the cast.

Fox
Fox
Fox
Fox
Fox
Fox
Fox
Fox
Fox
Fox
Flaco
Pichu
Fixed it for you.

I hope you all realize I'm just joking about this.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I'll be getting a Charizard, Lucina, Robin, and Ness Amiibo tomorrow morning! ^-^
Also, if anyone is available, I'm up for a few games.
I wish I could get a Charizard, Lucina, Robin, and Ness Amiibo...mostly Ness. ;_;

Hopefully there will at least be extra Charizard and Greninja Amiibo at Toys R Us tomorrow morning before I have to drive 5 hours for a wedding the day after...

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Apparently, Amazon is going to be doing the 1 amiibo of each type per person rule when the orders go up tomorrow. Let's hope that helps the situation some. It'll stop those nasty scalpers from taking advantage of it, at least.

Last edited:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
I wish I could collect amiibos. The only one I'm planning on getting is Mewtwo... and that's a maybe. Not sure if I'm even getting it, but hopefully I am. Life is hard for the poor ones. ;3;

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Apparently, Amazon is going to be doing the 1 amiibo of each type per person rule when the orders go up tomorrow. Let's hope that helps the situation some. It'll stop those nasty scalpers from taking advantage of it, at least.
But Ness is Gamestop exclusive! ;_;

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I hate Smash 4 in general, it's probably the worst game since Paper Mario: Sticker Star (or maybe even E.T.). Some characters are just flat-out better than others. there are little-to-no advanced techniques (Like previously established), just jumping mindgames. The air and the ground are segregated as all of the exploits in this game are ground-based, while approaching is air-based (wavedashing remedied this issue, as it bridged the gap between the two, having the usability of the air, yet the untapped power of the ground). But what REALLY makes me upset is how characters have attacks that carry them long distances, simulating the effects of wavedashing, with the exception that only certain characters can do it. That alone is unbalanced. Overall, I think that Smash 4 doesn't have a big competitive future, Mewtwo was a waste of time, people should stick to hacked Brawl, and Sm4sh's ultimate fate may be as a casual, with-friends game.

Smash 4 is an HD mess.
Childish ignorance there, but expected.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
nah it should be something that evokes fear, what if he sounded like Smaug?
Ridley never talks in the games, not even when there's full voice acting. He only does in comics which not many have read.

Samus had written dialogue in her games so it was known that she could talk.
Lucario and Mewtwo both talked in their movies, and Mewtwo's trailer shows that developers are aware of them.
...can we stop for a second and reflect on how Mewtwo invented Shadow Ball in Mewtwo Strikes Back?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Okay, looks like I missed another session of idiotic rambling back there...

For the better.

...can we stop for a second and reflect on how Mewtwo invented Shadow Ball in Mewtwo Strikes Back?
MSB was released before GS, where Shadow Ball was introduced...

Interesting.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Hey guys.

Instead of responding to "bait", please report it.
In general Smash vs Smash arguments/discussions are outlawed. It could maybe pass in socials but probably not this one, so if you see it, go ahead and report it too :)

Thank you!
:151:

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Changing the subject a little, anyone here likes DBZ?

I watched Resurrection of F not so long ago and I enjoyed it very much.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Hey guys.

In general Smash vs Smash arguments/discussions are outlawed. It could maybe pass in socials but probably not this one, so if you see it, go ahead and report it too :)

Thank you!
Covering my back while I hunt for amiibos. lol

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
Hey guys.

Thank you!
oh god I got scared right now! (but I do hope that people saw my post as a joke cause I did say it)

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I really, really want it to be Custom Moves for Mewtwo. Like, really badly. However, it's probably just Roy and Ryu, which, while a big announcement in and of itself, probably won't generate too much hype for me because we've all known about them for awhile now. However, perhaps the announcement will exceed my expectations. That'd certainly be nice.
They'd have to show them off for Lucas first.

Customs could also be another good way to further differentiate Roy from Marth.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Wasn't Evolve a scam? Literally more than a hundred bucks worth of DLC day 1?

CEO=fighting tournament. It's too obvious that it's Ryu
If they make a Street Fighter stage, it'd be kind of ironic that it'll most likely be unviable competitively due to walk-offs...
or it could have walls that mean you could only get vertical KOs.

Would be Little Mac's best stage without question.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I also have a little anouncment to make to everyone here who is interested.
Due to my recent upgrade to PS4, I will be able to stream myself that new game I mentioned earlier. :) In fact, I'm willing to start it up later tonight.

Top Bottom