• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
So, what's up with that guy NTAO?

Some people say he is a troll but that is not true; he buys what he sells. Seriously. And that is far worse.
I've had the misfortune to see him in Smash 4 tourney videos and he is pretty much the reason I don't see those comment sections anymore. What is the deal with him?

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465

Some people say he is a troll but that is not true; he buys what he sells. Seriously. And that is far worse.
I've had the misfortune to see him in Smash 4 tourney videos and he is pretty much the reason I don't see those comment sections anymore. What is the deal with him?
hmm...??

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101

Ryu Myuutsu used Confusion!

U-Throw is confused!

It hurt itself in its confusion!

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Ah well, you are blessed for not knowing about that so I better leave as it is.

As for the BIG, HUGE announcement...it will be Roy and Ryu riding two Ridleys of course.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I still believe it's coincidence, but since Street Fighter V is playable at CEO, coupled with this announcement, makes Ryu's likelihood of being revealed there high. No 100% guarantees, but it's likely.

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
Can any announcement possibly interest me as much as the resurrection of our fair lady? A hard act to follow for sure...

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
In Evolve you either play as a team of humans or a monster who needs to evolve by eating prey
And it's riddled with micro-transactions and DLC.
Fallen off the radar pretty quickly too though the awful practises and release window didn't do many favours.

I doubt the CEO 15 thing will get me more hyped than the Robin/Lucina trailer did.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I still believe it's coincidence, but since Street Fighter V is playable at CEO, coupled with this announcement, makes Ryu's likelihood of being revealed there high. No 100% guarantees, but it's likely.
Hold up a sec, is CEO like, a fan made thing, or an official thing? I remember the last time people said we'd be getting something interesting at a gaming event, and it turned out to be nothing interesting.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Hold up a sec, is CEO like, a fan made thing, or an official thing? I remember the last time people said we'd be getting something interesting at a gaming event, and it turned out to be nothing interesting.
Fan made. I'm a bit skeptical on getting something cool as well, but let's hope I'm wrong. :p

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I don't see Inklings getting playable status until Smash 5. That said, I can see a Splatoon stage being DLC.

Just make a basic stage with a turf war going on in the background, have the stages/parts of the stage get covered in ink reducing traction like PS2's Ice Field, and maybe have Squids jump out of the background like the Shy Guys in the Mario Kart stages.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Does Mewtwo have any disjointed attacks besides Dash Attack?
Jab (also has the unique property of not recoiling on clank) and all of his smashes (usmash is notable for it's anti-air
disjoint).

I think all of his tail attacks have some disjoints too, but some of them like bair also extend his hurtbox in the direction of the attack so precise spacing is a must for safety.

Has anyone ever clanked anything with a smash?

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
can someone actually explain what a disjointed hitbox is?

Also another thing, I got Pac-Man and Greninja Amiibos today and i'm getting Splatoon soon.

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
Disjointed Hitboxes are attack boxes without hurt boxes. Normally hitboxes are accompanied by some hurtbox so attacks can trade. Disjoints make trades into clashes at best for the not disjointed move it traded with.

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I'm glad I'll finally be able watch a Nintendo Direct at a decent time rather than early in the morning or late at night.

Edit: So far only DQ and Super Robot Taisen news.

Fire Emblem Amiibo confirmed to be compatible with Fire Emblem If. Welp, those amiibos just got a tad more difficult to get :/

No Smash related news but I think that was expected because they may plan on showing that on E3.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I'm hoping the Amiibo units in FE if can be recruited.
Waiting for the translations now much like with Xenoblade X's directs.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
I am hype for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon since it appears all pokemon are in it together that the story seems awesome!

I am sad tho that the personal tests are removed and that 99% of the pokemon you can be is starters with only exceptions of Pikachu and Riolu. would love more diffirent types and pokemon. I miss Meowth, Munchlax and Eevee and wanted pumpkaboo as a starter D;
will be Froakie and have a partner with fennekin! only dark and psychic pokemon you can have

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I am hype for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon since it appears all pokemon are in it together that the story seems awesome!

I am sad tho that the personal tests are removed and that 99% of the pokemon you can be is starters with only exceptions of Pikachu and Riolu. would love more diffirent types and pokemon. I miss Meowth, Munchlax and Eevee and wanted pumpkaboo as a starter D;
will be Froakie and have a partner with fennekin! only dark and psychic pokemon you can have
Pikachu is a starter.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I see. Well, today I was at the electronics store and saw several Sonic amiibos so they may not be as rare as I thought.

Prior to Smash 4's release I was set on maining Sonic, but oh, so many characters, so little time. I may also buy it at some point in order to help me practice fighting against him.

My birthday was not so long ago and a friend of mine gave me my first amiibo ever, a DK figure. I'm starting to see the appeal in them. I named him "Kaze no Kami DK" which means Wind God DK.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I see. Well, today I was at the electronics store and saw several Sonic amiibos so they may not be as rare as I thought.

Prior to Smash 4's release I was set on maining Sonic, but oh, so many characters, so little time. I may also buy it at some point in order to help me practice fighting against him.

My birthday was not so long ago and a friend of mine gave me my first amiibo ever, a DK figure. I'm starting to see the appeal in them. I named him "Kaze no Kami DK" which means Wind God DK.
High-tier.
Mid-tier.
Low-tier.
Trash-tier.
Long ago, the four tiers lived together in harmony.

Then, everything changed when the Diddy Kong nation attacked. Only the Expand Dong, master of all four tiers, could stop them, but when the world needed him most, he vanished.

A hundred years passed and my monkey and I discovered the new Expand Dong, an airbender named Donkey Kong. And although his airbending skills are great, he has a lot to learn before he's ready to save anyone. But I believe Donkey Kong can save the world!

Donkey Kong: The Last Airbender

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
High-tier.
Mid-tier.
Low-tier.
Trash-tier.
Long ago, the four tiers lived together in harmony.

Then, everything changed when the Diddy Kong nation attacked. Only the Expand Dong, master of all four tiers, could stop them, but when the world needed him most, he vanished.

A hundred years passed and my monkey and I discovered the new Expand Dong, an airbender named Donkey Kong. And although his airbending skills are great, he has a lot to learn before he's ready to save anyone. But I believe Donkey Kong can save the world!

Donkey Kong: The Last Airbender
Just keep M. Night Shyamaladingdong (:4dk:) away from it.

Last edited:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
hang on, didn't @ DrRiceBoy DrRiceBoy get hyped at the announcement of Super Mystery Dungeon? Wonder how he'll react.
I'm hyped as heck for it right now. Glad they added in tons of starters again rather than just the measly five. Graphics are looking good. September release? Earlier than I expected... Hell yeah. So excited~

The new Fire Emblem news is... Interesting. Not sure if it's a good or bad thing. FE looks like a simulator game now. Face rubbing? Building houses? Bathhouses? Interesting I guess. The new characters are cool though. I like the new multiplayer stuff too. Felicia and Joker's voice actors are great. Everything else is undecided... I can't decide whether or not I like it. I guess I'll play the game to find out. Also, I think I saw Severa in the direct...

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I'm hyped as heck for it right now. Glad they added in tons of starters again rather than just the measly five. Graphics are looking good. September release? Earlier than I expected... Hell yeah. So excited~

The new Fire Emblem news is... Interesting. Not sure if it's a good or bad thing. FE looks like a simulator game now. Face rubbing? Building houses? Bathhouses? Interesting I guess. The new characters are cool though. I like the new multiplayer stuff too. Felicia and Joker's voice actors are great. Everything else is undecided... I can't decide whether or not I like it. I guess I'll play the game to find out. Also, I think I saw Severa in the direct...
The Severa lookalike has a different name, Luna but that still has ties to Severa's Japanese name which also has links to the moon.

Joker better be voiced by Mark Hamill, John DiMaggio or Seth Green.

Project Treasure seems to be different than every other zombie game, but microtransactions are just speculation at this point
Point is Zombies have been done to death.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Maybe the big thing will be Mewtwo getting some buffs

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom