• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

Castform is apparently funny.
(are those boobs or...is it an inversed butt??)
When I was a kid, I used to like Castform. But then I got older, and the internet just had to ruin it for me in a way I can never un-see.
Also Dark Pit's Electroshock is great against the Rosaluma MU because using it is almost guaranteed to kill Luma, even on shield.
Of course, using Electroshock on Rosalina's shield is still just begging to get punished.

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
When I was a kid, I used to like Castform. But then I got older, and the internet just had to ruin it for me in a way I can never un-see.
Of course, using Electroshock on Rosalina's shield is still just begging to get punished.
Well, better to get punished than deal with Luma imo

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
I'm staying at my grandma's house on weekdays now while I'm doing a temp job. Her tenant keeps giving me watermelons to eat. I don't like eating watermelons. ;_;
I know that feel. I personally don't really like eating watermelons either. It's doesn't have much of a taste to me... it's like eating water (probably why it's named watermelon haha).

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Okay so I'm not sure how late I am to this because I haven't been keeping up with competitive news but Mewtwo can reflect Pikachu's thunder! SUCK IT all you Pikachu mains who try to catch me while I'm mid-air. Anyone know if this works for Palutena's USmash as well? Cause that would be amazing.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Okay so I'm not sure how late I am to this because I haven't been keeping up with competitive news but Mewtwo can reflect Pikachu's thunder! SUCK IT all you Pikachu mains who try to catch me while I'm mid-air. Anyone know if this works for Palutena's USmash as well? Cause that would be amazing.
Unfortunately, no, as the beam actually counts as a physical attack and not a projectile.
Even so, the beam doesn't touch Palutena during the animation, so it wouldn't matter in any case...

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
Unfortunately, no, as the beam actually counts as a physical attack and not a projectile.
Even so, the beam doesn't touch Palutena during the animation, so it wouldn't matter in any case...
it doesnt have to be a projectile to get reflected (as long as a Special Collision Flag bit is set to reflect, it can be reflect), that is set on Villager UpSmash which is fireworks.

havent tried reflecting her Upsmash, but palutina wouldnt be hit by the reflection so it wouldnt matter that much

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Oh yeah that's right... whoops. In any case, still very glad about the Thunder-Confusion. Same with most of Villager's attacks especially the bowling ball, slingshot and the tree. Confusion is so much enjoyable this time around!

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I'll be getting a Charizard, Lucina, Robin, and Ness Amiibo tomorrow morning! ^-^
Also, if anyone is available, I'm up for a few games.

Last edited:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
I promoted from middle school today! Tomorrow is finally the last day of school. The ceremony was pretty cool... Our school is full of smart people. Four people tied for valedictorian. Those same four people went up to get several more awards. The same six or seven smart people went up to get awards after awards... It really made a lot of us feel inferior. However, I am proud to say that I got more awards than the average person! I got one award that I was really proud of. Only four people got it! It was a fifty dollar scholarship. Fifty dollar may not be much for you guys, but for me it is a lot. Really surprised and happy I got it. My mom said I could do whatever I want with it so it will go towards the payment of Fire Emblem IF, teehee. I got several other awards afterwards. I wasn't the best today, but I did better than most people so I'm very satisfied. Today was a great day. =)

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
I promoted from middle school today! Tomorrow is finally the last day of school. The ceremony was pretty cool... Our school is full of smart people. Four people tied for valedictorian. Those same four people went up to get several more awards. The same six or seven smart people went up to get awards after awards... It really made a lot of us feel inferior. However, I am proud to say that I got more awards than the average person! I got one award that I was really proud of. Only four people got it! It was a fifty dollar scholarship. Fifty dollar may not be much for you guys, but for me it is a lot. Really surprised and happy I got it. My mom said I could do whatever I want with it so it will go towards the payment of Fire Emblem IF, teehee. I got several other awards afterwards. I wasn't the best today, but I did better than most people so I'm very satisfied. Today was a great day. =)
Congrats! Good to hear that you did great! I'm out of high school June 10th and I graduate on the 12th. It's exciting but at the same time nerve wracking but I plan on going to college early next year.

D

Deleted member

There's netplay for all Smash games though.
True, but Sm4sh's is the most innovative of them all. You can do Smash64 netplay, Melee-play, hack wifi back into Brawl, but there are no guarantees, besides, Sm4sh is the best when it comes to casual--no, not even casual, "core", fun.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
From...Middle School?
I already graduated High School...
I feel so old...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I've got 517 euros in the bank, but 50 is still considered a lot in my eyes

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Enjoy your well-earned summer vacation, and best of luck to you in high school!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

melee sucks :U Throws out a bait and hope someone catches it
Why you guys hatn' on--May-lay?--Can't U Sea, it-da-right-way--to-plai-lay? Adapt-or-die, Cheer-or-cry--You can't hide-what's inside! Now everyone from here or 'bove--May-lay!

Melee is the game U shud be playn', Melee is the name that you should be sayn'. Melee is the way that U shud B livn', Melee is the time that you shud B tickn'.

Inconceivably incorrect spelling and acquired bait ftw!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Warning Received
Why you guys hatn' on--May-lay?--Can't U Sea, it-da-right-way--to-plai-lay? Adapt-or-die, Cheer-or-cry--You can't hide-what's inside! Now everyone from here or 'bove--May-lay!

Melee is the game that U shud be playn', Melee is the name that you should be sayn'. Melee is the way that U shud B livn', Melee is the time that you shud B tickn'.

Inconceivably incorrect spelling and acquired bait ftw!!!
Don't you mean, use Fox or die?
I mean, that's basically Melee in a nutshell. Just like Brawl. Use a top tier character or lose.

Super Smash Bros.? Please. Super Fox Bros./Super MK Bros. >.>

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
Don't you mean, use Fox or die?
I mean, that's basically Melee in a nutshell. Just like Brawl. Use a top tier character or lose.

Super Smash Bros.? Please. Super Fox Bros./Super MK Bros. >.>
Hate to be that guy, but...
Melee: Falco, Marth, Peach, Jiggs, IC's, C. Falcon, Pikachu

Brawl: IC's, Olimar, Snake, Falco, Marth, ZSS

#ButThat'sNoneOfMyBuisiness

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Only 1 day and 1 year until I'm out of a high school for good.
But only one month until I'm a legal adult...yikes. June's coming at me too fast.
Because Wifi
That doesn't explain anything.
If you hated the game as much as you said you did, you wouldn't even be able to enjoy it even when online.

There's a huge difference between "it's the worst game ever" and "there are a lot of ways I think it could of been better".

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
'Because why not' Not a valid excuse. Making Ridley break character just because why not isn't good enough. If Sakurai wanted us to have Ridley as a boss he could have made a boss mode in which you play as the bosses.
Rayquaza joining your side actually makes sense because of how Pokemon works. Ridley kills for fun, that's his only goal, killing as much as he can
What do you think Ridley's voice should be like?

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Nah, Fox/MK trashes all of them.
Doesn't mean you can't use them. Also, just so you know, I'd argue that Fox takes a lot more time and effort to master in Melee. The skill cap is a lot higher in that game, and Fox is therefore much harder to play at a high level. Smash 4's skill cap is, admittedly, lower than Melee's simply because Smash 4 has simpler gameplay. So, hate on Melee Fox all you want, but he requires much more skill to use at an appropriate level than Diddy Kong or Sheik in Smash 4. Now, understand, I'm not trying to belittle Smash 4, as I actually prefer it to Melee, but I won't deny facts.

Brawl Meta Knight is a completely different story, however. There's a reason Dimensional Cape has a limited number of uses per match, and that's assuming he's not banned at the tournament in question.

I don't have a problem with you preferring Smash 4 to other games in the series, but I do have a problem when you start to demean other installments. At that point, you become no better than all of the Melee Elitists out there. Elitism is just annoying and toxic in general, and it doesn't matter what game you Elitify: it's just mean.

Last edited:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Nah, Fox/MK trashes all of them.
They are the best of the best, but they aren't the only characters that win. The most recent Apex for example. Ally, a Snake main, won Brawl. As for Melee, a Marth/Falco main (PPMD) won. Fox and MK are the most popular characters for a good reason, but saying that the game revolves them and only they win is false.

Edit: Oops. Forgot that Ally did in fact use MK in the grand finals. My example is a bit weird, but my point still stands. A ZSS main in Brawl beat one of the best MK's, M2K, and took Apex in 2013 I believe. MK and Fox aren't the only characters that win.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
They are the best of the best, but they aren't the only characters that win. The most recent Apex for example. Ally, a Snake main, won Brawl. As for Melee, a Marth/Falco main (PPMD) won. Fox and MK are the most popular characters for a good reason, but saying that the game revolves them and only they win is false.

Edit: Oops. Forgot that Ally did in fact use MK in the grand finals. My example is a bit weird, but my point still stands. A ZSS main in Brawl beat one of the best MK's, M2K, and took Apex in 2013 I believe. MK and Fox aren't the only characters that win.
So a MK won.
*slow clap*

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
So a MK won.
*slow clap*
My mistake on that. Like I said, my example is a bit weird, but my point still stands. Ally took Brawl Apex 2009 with Snake. DEHF took Brawl Apex 2010 with Falco. Salem took Brawl Apex 2013 with ZSS. Hungrybox took Melee Apex 2010 with Jigglypuff. Armada took Melee Apex 2012 and Apex 2013 with Peach and Young Link. PPMD took Melee Apex 2014 and 2015 with Falco and Marth. Apex is the biggest Smash tournament, and as you can see, not only MK and Fox win. It's true that most people use the best character, but you can see here that they don't always win. It's more of the player than the character. When a player wins, it's usually because they're skilled. Saying that only the best character wins is false as proven by tournament results.

Last edited:

cstonic

NNID
spindashupair
3DS FC
3711-8023-0131
Switch FC
SW-5972-4790-7111
Awesome! I also graduated from Middle School last week :D

And wasnt on earlier @Mario Smith

Top Bottom