• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

D

Deleted member

rest is getting stronker and stronker!

I was calculating mainly from brawl since the "over the ledge" stuff was originally from there.
in the toon link files, he has a "If on ground, do this subaction (animation+attacks+grafpics+sound+ect). if going in air, switch to this subaction instead at the given frame" statements in his UpB action. that means that if he is using the grounded UpB animation+everything and the ground disappears under him, he will be swapped to the aerial UpB animation+everything the exact frame there he left the ground one.

in his module, the ASM in there is only giving the momentum to the aerials first frame. since that frame never clicked in toon links module, the momentum never happen!
same thing with Bowser and many characters that get a momentum boost in air but not on ground.

I know clearly what I am taking about since brawl hacking is my playfield and I am assuming that its the same in Smash4 since their PSA codes is nearly indentical to brawl one
I too, am a Brawl Hacker (I already said that, though).

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I mean the activation. the momentum itself from that frame is calculated to last so his gravity will fall down at the end of the move (similiar effect of throwing a rock upward and see how its slowly decreasing speed and then goes down)
the activation simply add a force upwards, like "at this frame, have him a Y axis force of 500", which makes him fly up at 500 speed against gravity.
since the activation never happens, no momentum
I see what you mean.

I didn't know their momentum was applied in a single frame. It kind of makes sense for TLink since he shoots upwards and then slows down slightly, but other chars like DK or Bowser (who steadily fly) I don't think it would work like this. Not even Link (who doesn't "float" but steadily rises at about the same speed) seems to have all his momentum applied at once, he looks like he has his momentum applied over several frames.

Other chars like Villager or Olimar definitely have their momentum applied at every frame but they don't have different Up-Bs for grounded versions so that's pretty moot point.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I see what you mean.

I didn't know their momentum was applied in a single frame. It kind of makes sense for TLink since he shoots upwards and then slows down slightly, but other chars like DK or Bowser (who steadily fly) I don't think it would work like this. Not even Link (who doesn't "float" but steadily rises at about the same speed) seems to have all his momentum applied at once, he looks like he has his momentum applied over several frames.

Other chars like Villager or Olimar definitely have their momentum applied at every frame but they don't have different Up-Bs for grounded versions so that's pretty moot point.
It's rather interesting because, while all of the stuff required boots up from frame 1, the effects last throughout the entire move, which is why you can move around with Link and Toonlink all throughout the move, since, as opposed to it being an "add Character momentum" thing, there are actually specific parts of the coding that determine the gravity/aerial momentum of said characters when using the move, unlike, say, Mario, who's up-b height is animation-controlled (a state in which a specific move allows the animation for a character to actually move them, as opposed to the model simply moving X-distance before warping back to their previous coordinates).

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
That "glitch" happens with DK's giant punch too! Use it fully charged from the ledge on shield, and you'll get off the ledge in helpless state. It's screwed me over many times. It's really weird...

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
It's rather interesting because, while all of the stuff required boots up from frame 1, the effects last throughout the entire move, which is why you can move around with Link and Toonlink all throughout the move, since, as opposed to it being an "add Character momentum" thing, there are actually specific parts of the coding that determine the gravity/aerial momentum of said characters when using the move, unlike, say, Mario, who's up-b height is animation-controlled (a state in which a specific move allows the animation for a character to actually move them, as opposed to the model simply moving X-distance before warping back to their previous coordinates).
Yea, I have made my own physics engine from scratch before but you don't need said experience to be able to tell that if a character floats then he must have a force equal to the force of gravity applied to him on every frame, if a huge force was applied at once then he would rise very fast. Which is why I said that I understood that the momentum, as you said, was applied over a series of frames but Pikazz said it wasn't, it was just applied at the beginning.

I would assume that TLink's specific Up-B might work in such a way because from just seeing it he does shoot upwards and then slowly fall off (instead of say slowly rising or outright floating). But there are several Up-B's like Bowsers or DKs which very slowly rise and that is not possible by applying a force only once. And then there's Up-B's like Villagers or Olimars which can outright stop and then resume travelling upwards, definitely applying a force at every frame.

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
we really don't need two links and two zelda's

and about Wolf not being decided but Lucas is because he was going to be in Melee. bull****.
Wolf WAS going to be in Melee as a clone of Fox, but he got scrapped because he deserved better.

That leaker needs to do research better A.K.A git gud.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex

and about Wolf not being decided but Lucas is because he was going to be in Melee. bull****.
Wolf WAS going to be in Melee as a clone of Fox, but he got scrapped because he deserved better.

What? Wrong thread?

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432

You have officially won the internet. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Nah, the subject of the leak was brought up here a little while ago.

Btw guys, I wanted to ask a favor to all of those who have played me.
Who do you think is my best clone?
Honestly, your Dark Pit. He had some seriously good mix up game when I played you.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Off topic but, I got a headset in March, and I've been using it on my Wii U. Despite being $17 new, they can hear infrasound, so they are incredibly effective, so much that whenever I hear Captain Falcons sleep sound, It really sounds like there is a man sleeping in my room which gives me chills in my spine every time i hear it. (and for some reason its only Captain Falcon).

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Off topic but, I got a headset in March, and I've been using it on my Wii U. Despite being $17 new, they can hear infrasound, so they are incredibly effective, so much that whenever I hear Captain Falcons sleep sound, It really sounds like there is a man sleeping in my room which gives me chills in my spine every time i hear it. (and for some reason its only Captain Falcon).
xD

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Your headphones are possessed. :o

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
I thought Captain Falcon just yelled "FALCON SLEEP!!!" instead of snoring...

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Some of the characters I'd love to see but are considered 'impossible/unlikely' include Henry Fleming (Codename S.T.E.A.M) and Wonder Red.
Falcon...!! ZZzzzz:tired:

Top Bottom