• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
"No current plans to bring back Wolf" confirms fake for me. That's ignorant. Although Lucas was most requested in Japan, Wolf is far more requested in America. And a new StarFox game is coming out, so it would be bad for business.
How come everybody approaches leaks with such a negative mindset? Stop the **(*!/\/G skepticism already! If it's real, it's real, if not, then it isn't, but stop acting like you all know everything, when in reality, you only know as much as the collective hivemind of Smashboards allows you to know.

your behaviors make me sick...
I don't like to be rude, but I can see why people have been putting you on ignore. Please, just, stop being so hostile...

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
How come everybody approaches leaks with such a negative mindset? Stop the **(*!/\/G skepticism already! If it's real, it's real, if not, then it isn't, but stop acting like you all know everything, when in reality, you only know as much as the collective hivemind of Smashboards allows you to know.

your behaviors make me sick...
wait, is a fight starting because someone is taking a leak with a grain of salt? lmaoooooo
Alright take it down a notch.

D

Deleted member

So, how was everyone's day?

Edit: You going to invite me, speed?

Last edited by a moderator:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I wanna see what happened with Toon Link's recovery now.
I recall hearing Tink's recovry got nerfed in Sm4sh, maybe it either didn't reach high enough or didn't get used despite button commands
I used it next to the ledge, and I got warped off of it and fell into a helpless state.
Note, I was literally on the stage. LOL

D

Deleted member

I used it next to the ledge, and I got warped off of it and fell into a helpless state.
Note, I was literally on the stage. LOL
I know what you're talking about now, Speed (watched the replay). You see, what happened is that you did a running Up Special right near the ledge, yet, with that move, you'll keep going offstage if you get to the edge, so when you used a running Up-B near said area, the momentum carried over, and you died.

ggs Speed.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I know what you're talking about now, Speed (watched the replay). You see, what happened is that you did a running Up Special right near the ledge, yet, with that move, you'll keep going offstage if you get to the edge, so when you used a running Up-B near said area, the momentum carried over, and you died.

ggs Speed.

I thought Link and TLink's Up-B stopped all momentum on the ground. Unless it's the custom one that travels horizontally on the ground.

I don't know much about the chars though.

Also is it true that the Mewtwo Teleport bug vine got more than a million hits/likes. That makes me extremely hopeful for a fix in Lucas patch.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Maybe it carries over a tiny bit of momentum, because 0.000000001% of your running momentum is really all it takes.

Also, there were no customs on.

D

Deleted member

From my experience with Brawl Hacking, I think that I know the cause of the glitch:
In Brawl, there are these data references for special moves, which would, for example, determine how much of Marth's momentum would be carried over when using an aerial N-B, or, how many frames Wolf can travel during is Up-B. With Link, there is something similar, regarding how high he'll go, and how much momentum he'll get, but that's for the Aerial Up-B, because there would be no use for this when it comes to a grounded one. So what's happening in Sm4sh is that Toon Link is using his Up-B on the ground while running near the edge, while retaining a little bit of horizontal momentum, yet, the frames of which the aerial Up-B code would be considered are used up on the ground during the small amount of time it takes for him to slide offstage, so as a result, Toon Link is going offstage with his Up-B, but since the frame window regarding it's aerial function was bypassed due to him being on the ground at the time, he falls, and dies.

TL;DR: The frames of which Tlink's aerial Up-B properties take affect are used up on the ground, and since the slide takes him offstage, he is left with no other option but to fall.

There ya go! I accidentally started the recording a bit late, and at a weird angle, but you can still see the hilarity in this.

:)

D

Deleted member

It looks like a ledge cancel, the problem is ledge cancelling doesn't cancel attack animations (normally it just cancels end lag) so it can't cancel the Up-B animation. Grounded Up-B doesn't rise so you just fall.
Read my above explanation.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi

There ya go! I accidentally started the recording a bit late, and at a weird angle, but you can still see the hilarity in this.

:)
thats actually quite common, its a ledge cancel in short of way cause it starts on the ground but few frames after its after the ledge!
the "rising" momentum is only on the first to 2 second frame on UpB, since you were on the ground you never got the momentum and was hovering in air

D

Deleted member

thats actually quite common, its a ledge cancel in short of way cause it starts on the ground but few frames after its after the ledge!
the "rising" momentum is only on the first to 2 second frame on UpB, since you were on the ground you never got the momentum and was hovering in air
I also said that
From my experience with Brawl Hacking, I think that I know the cause of the glitch:
In Brawl, there are these data references for special moves, which would, for example, determine how much of Marth's momentum would be carried over when using an aerial N-B, or, how many frames Wolf can travel during is Up-B. With Link, there is something similar, regarding how high he'll go, and how much momentum he'll get, but that's for the Aerial Up-B, because there would be no use for this when it comes to a grounded one. So what's happening in Sm4sh is that Toon Link is using his Up-B on the ground while running near the edge, while retaining a little bit of horizontal momentum, yet, the frames of which the aerial Up-B code would be considered are used up on the ground during the small amount of time it takes for him to slide offstage, so as a result, Toon Link is going offstage with his Up-B, but since the frame window regarding it's aerial function was bypassed due to him being on the ground at the time, he falls, and dies.

TL;DR: The frames of which Tlink's aerial Up-B properties take affect are used up on the ground, and since the slide takes him offstage, he is left with no other option but to fall.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
The rising momentum stays much longer than 2 frames, the problem is like as Mario Smith said that the code has already decided it's a grounded Up-B and it doesn't recheck that assumption ever again. Meaning that the Up-B is considered as grounded throughout the whole move if the first frame of it was on the ground.

The question isn't why she doesn't rise though, it's why she slides. Toon Link shouldn't slide on grounded Up-B, the answer for me is that it's a ledge cancel. So it isn't a glitch, well I mean, technically it is a glitch but it's quite a common one that's been in Smash games since forever.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just checked something: this "glitch" has been around since Brawl (not sure about Melee).

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I just checked something: this "glitch" has been around since Brawl.
If it's a ledge cancel it probably happened to Adult/Young Link in Melee and Link in 64 too. Would have to check on that.

Edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E82TNOFtkz0

Exists in 64.

The reason you didn't grab the ledge is because a lot of Up-B's in Smash 4 were coded so they don't grab the edge in the beginning frames of the move. I think TLink's Up-B is one of those Up-B who don't grab the edge at the beginning of the move. Correct me if I am wrong.

Edit 2: I am able to replicate the video. It is a ledge cancel. Just run at the edge and ledge cancel Up-B. If done too late Link will rise, if done too early he will stay on the stage. If done perfectly then the video happens.

Last edited:

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
rest is getting stronker and stronker!
The rising momentum stays much longer than 2 frames, the problem is like as Mario Smith said that the code has already decided it's a grounded Up-B and it doesn't recheck that assumption ever again. Meaning that the Up-B is considered as grounded throughout the whole move if the first frame of it was on the ground.

The question isn't why she doesn't rise though, it's why she slides. Toon Link shouldn't slide on grounded Up-B, the answer for me is that it's a ledge cancel. So it isn't a glitch, well I mean, technically it is a glitch but it's quite a common one that's been in Smash games since forever.
I was calculating mainly from brawl since the "over the ledge" stuff was originally from there.
in the toon link files, he has a "If on ground, do this subaction (animation+attacks+grafpics+sound+ect). if going in air, switch to this subaction instead at the given frame" statements in his UpB action. that means that if he is using the grounded UpB animation+everything and the ground disappears under him, he will be swapped to the aerial UpB animation+everything the exact frame there he left the ground one.

in his module, the ASM in there is only giving the momentum to the aerials first frame. since that frame never clicked in toon links module, the momentum never happen!
same thing with Bowser and many characters that get a momentum boost in air but not on ground.

I know clearly what I am taking about since brawl hacking is my playfield and I am assuming that its the same in Smash4 since their PSA codes is nearly indentical to brawl one

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
rest is getting stronker and stronker!

I was calculating mainly from brawl since the "over the ledge" stuff was originally from there.
in the toon link files, he has a "If on ground, do this subaction (animation+attacks+grafpics+sound+ect). if going in air, switch to this subaction instead at the given frame" statements in his UpB action. that means that if he is using the grounded UpB animation+everything and the ground disappears under him, he will be swapped to the aerial UpB animation+everything the exact frame there he left the ground one.

in his module, the ASM in there is only giving the momentum to the aerials first frame. since that frame never clicked in toon links module, the momentum never happen!
same thing with Bowser and many characters that get a momentum boost in air but not on ground.

I know clearly what I am taking about since brawl hacking is my playfield and I am assuming that its the same in Smash4 since their PSA codes is nearly indentical to brawl one
Yes, but you said the rising momentum lasts 1 to 2 frames. It's not the momentum that lasts those frames it's the decision whether to apply that momentum or not. They are different things.

Also, different Up-B's have been in the game since 64. Link's Up-B has always been the same as it is now, except that it can be charged (it couldn't in 64 and I think it also couldn't in Melee).

Last edited:

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
Yes, but you said the rising momentum lasts 1 to 2 frames. It's not the momentum that lasts those frames it's the decision whether to apply that momentum or not. They are different things.
I mean the activation. the momentum itself from that frame is calculated to last so his gravity will fall down at the end of the move (similiar effect of throwing a rock upward and see how its slowly decreasing speed and then goes down)
the activation simply add a force upwards, like "at this frame, have him a Y axis force of 500", which makes him fly up at 500 speed against gravity.
since the activation never happens, no momentum

Top Bottom