• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Jab 2 only clanks out weak stuff.
I'm hyped as heck for it right now. Glad they added in tons of starters again rather than just the measly five. Graphics are looking good. September release? Earlier than I expected... Hell yeah. So excited~

The new Fire Emblem news is... Interesting. Not sure if it's a good or bad thing. FE looks like a simulator game now. Face rubbing? Building houses? Bathhouses? Interesting I guess. The new characters are cool though. I like the new multiplayer stuff too. Felicia and Joker's voice actors are great. Everything else is undecided... I can't decide whether or not I like it. I guess I'll play the game to find out. Also, I think I saw Severa in the direct...
Fire emblem had a good run.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
You can apparently steal units via the streetpass and there's Joker.
Reyn.jpg
Reyn Time indeed.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Slow day, huh? I miss the active days of this thread, like back when Mewtwo was first released. It was so productive and interesting. Now, this thread just kinda seems to trudge along, I guess.

Anyway, just in an attempt to spark some discussion, if you could change any one thing about Mewtwo, what would it be? I would probably reduce the end-lag on a few of his attacks, but giving him Custom Moves would also be something I'd consider.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Slow day, huh? I miss the active days of this thread, like back when Mewtwo was first released. It was so productive and interesting. Now, this thread just kinda seems to trudge along, I guess.

Anyway, just in an attempt to spark some discussion, if you could change any one thing about Mewtwo, what would it be? I would probably reduce the end-lag on a few of his attacks, but giving him Custom Moves would also be something I'd consider.
Make the guy heavier.

:glare:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Aside from the obvious weight/customs/lag I'd want the Shadow Ball to retain the damage it dealt when charging up.

cstonic

NNID
spindashupair
3DS FC
3711-8023-0131
Switch FC
SW-5972-4790-7111
Would LOVE if Shadow ball got a hit box during charge. Would be cool if it combo'd into other moves too.

Also, give Mewtwo invincibility during teleport's start up. Maybe a slightly faster ftilt.
These would be the only things I'd want changed(If he ever will be), but tbh I think he's fine as is.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I was just strolling in GameFaqs and saw some posts regarding KK Slider's costume. They gave me cancer. The doctor says I have 3 days.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I was just strolling in GameFaqs and saw some posts regarding KK Slider's costume. They gave me cancer. The doctor says I have 3 days.
I want details. As someone who doesn't care for AC, I WILL get that costume because guitar gun.
I'm more hyped for this than Star Fox U, possibly Zelda U too

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
SE actually said they'd like to remake FFV and FFVI on the 3DS like they did with the first 4 games on the DS. Probably never happening as how long ago that was
SE are slow as hell.
Kingdom Hearts 3 and FF 15 are taking ages to complete.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Unfortunately, the K. K. Rider costume is only available in Seven Eleven stores here in Japan for the time being.

Spirst

Last time I checked, 7-Eleven in Japan doesn't have slurpees...that was back in 2005 or 2006 though.
Just looked it up.

"In Japan’s 7-11 stores, there are no “Slurpees” or “Big Gulp” drinks, nor nachos or aspirin or gasoline (there’s no “Slurpee”, “Big Gulps” or nachos because those don’t appeal to Japanese tastes…but 7-11 Japan doesn’t sell medicine or gas because, in Japan, medicine can only sold by licensed pharmacists and gasoline at petrol stands)."

No slurpees are fine but no nachos? That's like one of the major reasons I ever go to 711.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
They don't have the Metroids to make a game past Fusion.
There's that cancelled Dread project if you want to follow continuity, since it's confirmed that game is fully written and can be brought back whenever Nintendo wants.

Or if you want to continue Prime, there's the Sylux cliffhanger with the Delano 7 ship at the end of Corruption.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Metroid Dread = Other M. And Dreadful it was.
Not quite. From Wikitroid:
Wikitroid said:
2009:
In an interview, Yoshio Sakamoto confirmed that the recently released Metroid: Other M is not the long rumored project. Sakamoto also said that the game was real at some point and may eventually be released, but Other M is "something that's completely different."
So, Other M actually isn't Dread, and Dread could still possibly happen.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
It's also very possible Project Dread was a Project but was canceled down the road.
While Dread was most definitely cancelled, the game is still completely written and available if Nintendo ever feels like making it into a full game. Also from Wikitroid:
Wikitroid said:
2010s:
On the May 3, 2010, 75th episode of IGN's Nintendo Voice Chat Podcast, editor Craig Harris confirmed that the story for Dread was fully written and he had seen it at one point in time, claiming "[Nintendo] has it and can bring it back at any time."

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Continuity is kind of a silly reason to shut off a long-running franchise, isn't it? Besides, Ridley's cheated death so many times before, why would it be so odd for a Metroid or two?

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Continuity is kind of a silly reason to shut off a long-running franchise, isn't it? Besides, Ridley's cheated death so many times before, why would it be so odd for a Metroid or two?
I mean, they could technically call it something else, yet, still have it feature Samus.
It's not like the Metroids and the Virus are the only malevolent beings in the universe.

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
I'm still disappointed that the Metroid DNA didn't basically turn her into a vampire that's weak to ice instead of water, sunlight, and holy things. Imagine how much better Metroid Other M would be if Anthony called Samus "Princess" only to for her to bite into his jugular and suck his life force out for sustenance.

Top Bottom