• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm still disappointed that the Metroid DNA didn't basically turn her into a vampire that's weak to ice instead of water, sunlight, and holy things. Imagine how much better Metroid Other M would be if Anthony called Samus "Princess" only to for her to bite into his jugular and suck his life force out for sustenance.
Other M was canonically before Fusion in terms of timeline, not to mention she takes damage from cold rooms and can die easily from X parasites that have Ice capabilities

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
What I'm more curious with a Metroid 5 is what BS excuse do they come up with to remove all of Samus' upgrades at the start of the game?

C3CC

Smash Lord
I think Other M isn't that bad. Sure, it's no Prime, but not a bad game.

I need Pikmin 4 in my life. And a new Paper Mario (a PROPER one, not a piece of **** like Sticker Star). I also need a new F-Zero. Yes, a new F-Zero would be sweet. Is that too much to ask? :c

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

I need Pikmin 4 in my life. And a new Paper Mario (a PROPER one, not a piece of **** like Sticker Star). I also need a new F-Zero. Yes, a new F-Zero would be sweet. Is that too much to ask? :c
Paper Mario could be too much to ask given IS's focus on Waifu Simulator 2.0 Fire Emblem if
Miyamoto's a dunce with F-Zero and I doubt Pikmin 4 due to Star Fox

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
I'm still disappointed that the Metroid DNA didn't basically turn her into a vampire that's weak to ice instead of water, sunlight, and holy things. Imagine how much better Metroid Other M would be if Anthony called Samus "Princess" only to for her to bite into his jugular and suck his life force out for sustenance.
Other M is before Fusion.

Plus they have yet to make a game after Fusion. In which Samus would be Human, Chozo, X Parasite, and Metroid all in one.

Might even rebel against the Feds and fight the Space Pirates. Battle on two fronts.

D

Deleted member

*Goes to Mewtwo thread
*Finds out it's Metroid thread

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited by a moderator:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
*Goes to Mewtwo thread
*Finds out it's Metroid thread

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
No worries.
We'll get back on topic as soon as Mewtwo gets...
A. a New Mega Evolution.
B. Custom Moves.
C. new DLC Costumes.

or we'll get back on topic when the next Smash Bros. rolls around....

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101

I actually liked Sticker Star. I thought the Sticker system was more creative than the simple attacks in previous games, even if it did need a little fixing up. I also liked how Sticker Star made extensive use of the series's "paper" motif. Overall, it felt much more unique than the other games in the Paper Mario series.

Also, I'm partial to the idea of having pre-existing characters incorporated into the game instead of creating all-new characters. I feel like many of the Paper Mario-exclusive characters are forgettable or unnecessary. I never liked Kammy Koopa, and I always wondered why they didn't just put Kamek in her place. He's a pre-established character that appears semi-frequently in the Mario series, whereas Kammy appeared exclusively in Paper Mario. Both Kamek and Bowser Jr.'s debuts in the Paper Mario series were long overdue. All that said, though, there are a few good Paper Mario-exclusive characters, such as Count Bleck, Dimentio, and the Shadow Sirens, but still think a majority of them are too forgettable.

Basically, I think Sticker Star had a solid foundation and some excellent ideas, but that it had a few big flaws. The lack of Partners was a serious mistake, and the Sticker system could've used a bit of fixing up. I also thought Bowser's lack of proper speech was an issue, though a minor one. I wouldn't have minded having a Paper Mario-exclusive main villain, but I'm fine with Bowser's role in the game, and I'm very glad that the Bosses were pre-existing characters instead of forgettable one-shots.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I am hype for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon since it appears all pokemon are in it together that the story seems awesome!

I am sad tho that the personal tests are removed and that 99% of the pokemon you can be is starters with only exceptions of Pikachu and Riolu. would love more diffirent types and pokemon. I miss Meowth, Munchlax and Eevee and wanted pumpkaboo as a starter D;
will be Froakie and have a partner with fennekin! only dark and psychic pokemon you can have
Same here... disappointed that we don't get much variety with the starters. Yeah, we only get Pikachu and Riolu as the starters who are not Grass/Fire/Water types... how diverse. :rolleyes:

I wish they let us choose these Pokemon in addition to the ones already in Super Mystery Dungeon:

1. Meowth
  2. Psyduck
  3. Machop
  4. Cubone
  5. Eevee
  6. Skitty
  7. Munchlax
  8. Vulpix
  9. Phanpy
  10. Shinx
  11. Growlithe
  12. Teddiursa
  13. Buneary
  14. Wooper
  15. Azurill
  16. Wynaut
  17. Pichu
  18. Togepi
  19. Mareep
  20. Elekid
  21. Pachirisu
  22. Axew

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So, I've got a problem. Some prick on youtube is acting immature and calling me an idiot because I don't think the Royu leak is fake and I had proof by sending The Cutting Room Floor. He says I need to send the files themselves
Ignore him. Youtube comments aren't worth the trouble.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Considering he said "Then send me the files dickface" yeah, you're right. Going to brag at him when either Ryu or Roy gets revealed
Or be the better person and don't bother bragging to them.
Just let them go through the stages of denial.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Freedom of speech is a great right but I don't consider it the most important. Why? Just look how people exercise it at a YT comment section (or GameFaqs).

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
Playing video games is a great right but I don't consider it the most important. Why? Just look at the kind of people who play it when you play online or post about them on gamefaqs.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Gaming's at the sad state where people are after "good graphics" and use them as the be all, end all.
I don't give a flying **** how many pixels are on the damn screen as long as the game looks aesthetically pleasing, plays well with little to no FPS drops, has more than enough content when bought and has a great soundtrack.

Every gaming community has it's bad eggs too.
TF2 for example has the Elitist Premium group who laugh at anyone with a Gibus or Pyrovision because more often than not they're:
1: New to TF2 so they don't know a lot
2: F2P
3: Not good at the game
A hat doesn't magically make a player awful and it's fun to wear a Gibus and then trickstab someone because they fall for the (sadly more often than not correct) stereotype that Gibus players suck and then you do what they consider a "professional/high skilled" move to kill them.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I guess what I'm trying to say is that we misunderstand freedom of speech for the right to be able to say whatever we want without expecting any consequences. But words have consequences.
Hate speech or stuff like sending death threats to people for talking about videogames on the internet are examples that just because you can say it doesn't mean you should. A far more important right would be to not have to listen to this kind of talk in places you like to frequent, which is why I appreciate we have mods watching over here not allowing stupidity to run rampant.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Less companies make games to make games anymore. It is more make games to make money.

If Nintendo ever quits the industry that is when I stop playing games altogether.

RayNoire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RayNoire
I wouldn't trade freedom of speech for an absence of hate speech (or YouTube comments). Americans take it for granted.

If we capitulate to every offended party, no one will have the right to say anything. Just look at Tumblr.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
FoS is most cases a lie though. FoT is more true. You can think what you want but FoS can often times get you in trouble in society.

Politics and Religion prove this and have been proving this throughout human history.

RayNoire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RayNoire
Technically, freedom of speech only guarantees legality of speech, with some controversial exceptions (the cannibal cop case for example).

There's still social/employment consequences of speech, although sometimes I wish people would adopt a spirit and culture of free speech rather than the letter of the law. Too many friendships are lost over random inconsequential disagreements.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Freedom of speech is the problem when it comes the internet. It's anonymity that is. People are willing to say things on the internet that they may not have the guts to say in real life. They have less decency on the internet since there is no direct consequences other then someone they never knew or met getting angry. "Freedom of Speech" is just the excuse use to defend themselves when you criticize their rude behavior. Of course, freedom of speech does not protect you from criticism. It does the opposite, really, which goes to show how smart the people who use the phrase "freedom of speech" to defend themselves really are.

Top Bottom