• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
what other characters do you guys play as? I play as Jr and Jigglypuff aswell with Mewtwo!

I did this video with Jigglypuff ;w;
I mostly play as Yoshi and Mewtwo right now. Check out my sig for the secondaries.

D

Deleted member

what other characters do you guys play as? I play as Jr and Jigglypuff, in addition to Mewtwo!
:4bowser::4bowserjr::4falcon::4charizard::4darkpit::4dedede::4diddy::4dk::4drmario::4duckhunt::4falco::4fox::4ganondorf::4gaw::4greninja::4myfriends::4jigglypuff::4kirby::4littlemac::4link::4lucario::4lucina::4luigi::4mario::4marth::4megaman::4metaknight:(:4mewtwo:):4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword::4ness::4olimar::4palutena::4pacman::4peach::4pikachu::4pit::4rob::4robinm::4robinf::rosalina::4samus::4sheik::4shulk::4sonic::4tlink::4villager::4villagerf::4wario::4wiifit::4wiifitm::4yoshi::4zelda::4zss:

Not kidding.

Edit: I would've never guessed that you and Pikamaxi were the same person. Neat.

Last edited by a moderator:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
what other characters do you guys play as? I play as Jr and Jigglypuff aswell with Mewtwo!

I did this video with Jigglypuff ;w;
I enjoy playing as all the heavies (except Dedede), all the Pokemon characters (except Greninja), Marthcina, and the Star Fox characters. I consider Mewtwo as my main and I'm still undecided on my secondary.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
My co-mains:
:4charizard: I played Pokemon Trainer in Brawl, and I wanna main an underdog, so I naturally clung to this guy.
:4pit: Kid Icarus: Uprising was one of the greatest games ever.
:4darkpit: People who mock him for being an edgy counterpart don't seem to realize that Uprising doesn't take itself too seriously.

Secondarys:
:4pikachu:I just kind of like the little rat, I guess. He also doesn't play much like my other mains, so that's nice.
:4link:I'm a pretty devoted Zelda fan, if I do say so myself.
:4lucario:Along with Pokemon Trainer, Lucario was also one of my mains in Brawl. However, he's only a secondary this time.

I'm also starting to pick up :4robinm:&:4robinf:.

D

Deleted member

I main everybody, because I am an outsider in the Smash Community: I don't follow their icons' (read: "top players") rules, nor do I care for them, so I took it upon myself to git gud at every character in the game (which only took a collective week, at most).

Whether I win or lose in a match no longer has to do with my skill of the character, but my actual, raw, skill itself.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
my full list!

mains: :4bowserjr::4jigglypuff::4mewtwo:
secondary: :4rob::4shulk::4dedede:
in training: :4greninja::4luigi:
in the future: :4lucas:
Edit: I would've never guessed that you and Pikamaxi were the same person. Neat.
i am pikamaxi so we are one person, only problem my old account on sashboards (back at 03-06 if I recall right) never got the registration mail and couldnt use it. therefore i created pikazz because of it years later.

do want to switch back to pikamaxi instead for pikazz tho :/

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I hope that's not in response to me, because you're supposed to have me on ignore. Play your role!
There's this nice little button that says "Show Ignored Content" at the bottom of a page that he can click whenever he wants.

Just a heads up.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm just going to throw it out there that being able to play a character isn't necessarily the same as mastering them.

Not that I have anything against playing every character in the game; if that's how you like to do things, be my guest. I'm just saying that there's always new things to learn about each individual character.

D

Deleted member

I'm just going to throw it out there that being able to play a character isn't necessarily the same as mastering them.

Not that I have anything against playing every character in the game; if that's how you like to do things, be my guest. I'm just saying that there's always new things to learn about each individual character.
I am aware of the difference. It's not possible to master a character, as there will always be something to learn about, something you didn't know, something you won't know, and overall cracks in your playstyle that may or may not be fixable.

Admitting that You know nothing is the first step to having real knowledge.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

That mentality showed how good Luigi is iirc

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
my full list!

mains: :4bowserjr::4jigglypuff::4mewtwo:
secondary: :4rob::4shulk::4dedede:
in training: :4greninja::4luigi:
in the future: :4lucas:

i am pikamaxi so we are one person, only problem my old account on sashboards (back at 03-06 if I recall right) never got the registration mail and couldnt use it. therefore i created pikazz because of it years later.

do want to switch back to pikamaxi instead for pikazz tho :/
Aw, yeah. BowJow all the way!

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
That mentality showed how good Luigi is iirc
The reason Luigi is so good is because of all those years of the bent up frustration of being overshadowed by Mario all the time. But after the year of Luigi, he's realized his own true potential. Since then, he's been plotting to overpower and overthrow his incompetent, happy-go-lucky brother. And now, he's finally ready to wreak havoc on upon the world of Smash as the true master of fire, chaos, and awkwardness. There is no stopping him. You either bow to him, or you fight him, but in the end, there is still no suppressing his power. Luigi will rule.

Mario #1? Yeah, I don't think so.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
The reason Luigi is so good is because of all those years of the bent up frustration of being overshadowed by Mario all the time. But after the year of Luigi, he's realized his own true potential. Since then, he's been plotting to overpower and overthrow his incompetent, happy-go-lucky brother. And now, he's finally ready to wreak havoc on upon the world of Smash as the true master of fire, chaos, and awkwardness. There is no stopping him. You either bow to him, or you fight him, but in the end, there is still no suppressing his power. Luigi will rule.

Mario #1? Yeah, I don't think so.
And this is also why Luigi's Final Smash changed from the Negative Zone to the Poltergeist.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
My mains:
:4mewtwo:

And sometimes:
:4drmario:

I think I've said this before, but I tend to focus exclusively on one character in each Smash game. I know it's probably not the best habit, since I'm leaving myself with no pocket characters or secondaries, but I can't seem to get out of it. However, I enjoy maining one character, and one character only, so I guess that's just the way I roll, and I intend to stick exclusively to Mewtwo. That said, sometimes I'll pull out Dr. Mario if I'm losing really badly, or if I'm just playing a casual match, but such situations are so rare that I consider them negligible. My Doc is actually pretty rusty, admittedly, but I enjoy Mewtwo so much that it scarcely matters to me now.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I usually play three characters in any given fighting game with any kind of consistency (except Blazblue, where I didn't even have a main until CSEX, so I literally played with everybody throughout each iteration to keep myself from dropping it, until CP). No real rhyme or reason ("things come in threes?") except variety. Keeps things fresh. My mains are usually good enough characters on their own to not warrant secondaries in a competitive sense. Hysterically, it's not that I just pick 'em because they're good; the decent characters usually are the ones that jive with how I play a given game. The other chars I play on top of them are usually icing on the cake.

In Smash 4, however, it's going to be kinda important that I have a secondary of some kind. D3 alone isn't going to cut it. His bad MUs are bad, his weaknesses are glaring, and his gameplan/ceiling is low in potential. I want to play through these traits despite how I or my peers feel about them, of course, but in my heart of hearts I know I need a contingency plan or two for competition. That's why when I fully figure out this character, when I've exhausted everything, I'll put in for a secondary to cover his flaws. Mewtwo is probably a safe bet for this, idk yet.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I never go above five dedicated characters for any fighting game.

:4lucina: :4bowser: :4samus: :4mewtwo: :4robinm: would be my lineup for this game.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
Main (you can only have one people come on) : ROB

Subs: Mewtwo, Metaknight, Sonic, Bowser Jr

For funs: Lucario, Pikachu, Dededen LIttle Mac

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
My one and only main is Mewtwo. My devotion to our fair lady is pure.

Sometimes though I give into the shameful lust of Mii fights.

D

Deleted member

Wow, interesting. Whereas I try to main every character possible, being indifferent to most of them except a few (like :4mario::4megaman::4mewtwo::4gaw::4wiifit::4shulk::4olimar::4kirby:), in which the rest are 'just' mained characters, You all tend to dedicate yourselves to a very small amount of characters.

My one and only main is Mewtwo. My devotion to our fair lady is pure.

Sometimes though I give into the shameful lust of Mii fights.
Sm4sh Mewtwo is a male. Sorry Igzex. Also, how long are you going to keep that avatar? Forever?

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
You don't possess me, don't impress me. Just upset my mind.
Can't instruct me or conduct me.
Just use up my time...

Gui JP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Twishine
3DS FC
0791-1410-6660
I can play now if you want
Restating: Home Wi-fi is a potato
(As in, it's pretty situational on when the connection doesn't lag/have input delay)

Also, because I lack sufficient funds, don't have a Wii U. I'm just keeping the match in mind.
My memory is wonky in how it can remember trivial things sometimes.
(Probably because they're hype things.)

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Nigh impossible.

Smooth Criminal
Eh, I guess.

I don't exactly split my attention evenly between my three "mains", but I do go through phases with them. One day, I'll only feel like playing Mewtwo and no one else. The next, I might be in the mood for Charizard. My secondaries are mostly for when I'm feeling adventurous.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You don't possess me, don't impress me. Just upset my mind.
Can't instruct me or conduct me.
Just use up my time...
I've never seen you, nor believed you, despite your tries.
Nothing you say or do is true.
To live as you's to lose a life.
For the rest of your time you shall rue.
--
People will walk-maybe talk, about what could've been.
Seeing an empty figure nearby.
They will laugh plus talk trash, and never give a lend.
As you sit in despair and cry.

Last edited by a moderator:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Hey, @Mario Smith, I thought you said that skill means nothing in Smash 4. How come you say that, but you also say that you win because you have a lot of skill, not because of your character choices? I sense a serious inconsistency here.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Eh, I guess.

I don't exactly split my attention evenly between my three "mains", but I do go through phases with them. One day, I'll only feel like playing Mewtwo and no one else. The next, I might be in the mood for Charizard. My secondaries are mostly for when I'm feeling adventurous.
I know that feeling! Except it isn't with just three characters, it's among like 10. It's probably better for me if I use only and solely Mewtwo, and while I consider him my main, it's near impossible for me to play solely him for more than 600 matches. The one scenario where I used one character for more than a few hundred matches straight was when Mewtwo was released. I played only that guy for ~500 matches straight (which is like about a week).

Spirst

I hate Pacman.
@ Spirst Spirst
lol. Pacman is an annoying character.

Your Mewtwo wasn't bad though. Only reason I did just one game as him is because I hate the ditto a lot. I noticed you can be a bit too aggressive though and that gets shut down by Pac or people who know how to punish well in general. Slow it down a bit and I'm sure you'd do better.

Top Bottom