• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Having done serious matches/testing on the stage, making entire sections of the stage randomly sink is kind of a big obstruction.
Ermergerd, we need to play after I get off work!
(in case you missed what I said before, I'm challenging every admin/mod to some matches)

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Depends on which version, but I should be available for both.
Either, or.
The Wii U version, however, will be much less laggy since I have a wired connection set up specifically for online play. My internet is very good for the most part, so we should be good.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Waluigi's death animation is the best

and i like how you can K.O almost all of them
(it sucks that you cant kill the Nintendog while he is on the stage before he covers the screen)
I just realized there isn't a video on YouTube that shows off all the KO animations for assist trophies that can be KOed...

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Wait, hinting at a character's role for over a year and only outright confirming it on the last month before release to avoid backlash at first is considered smart?! The main reason people thought Ridley was in was because he wasn't disconfirmed. Major backfire there then

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
So yesterday I managed to blast a Pit with Dsmash as he was flying to the ledge.
Grabbing the edge has a 1 frame vulnerability + D-Smash reaches a bit away from the edge so it can hit him while reaching. I think someone sort of guesstimated that it's about 1-5 frames total of vulnerability depending on the angle and the distance the opponent is recovering from. Learning to time D-Smash is key to being able to do this correctly but it's honestly quite hard unless you have a hitbox that lingers a bit and reaches way far out, like Little Mac's D-Smash.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
PMD SUPER MYSTERY DUNGEON YESSSSSSSSSSSSS

EXPLORERS OF DARKNESS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE GAMES OF ALL TIME. gET HYPED

Hopefully it's more Rescue Team/Explorers rather than Gates to Infinity. I haven't played that but I heard it sucked. Bring back the PokeQuiz at the very beginning please. Gates to Infinity with only five starters wasn't good,

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Never cared about PMD, but that's me, the fans haven't gotten a PMD in a while. In Ganondorf Ditto someone attempted a Ganoncide and I attempted the Kick of Disrespect. I somehow got grabbed and broke free because of the Down B. That's pretty nifty
That's just the lack of Brawl grab armour for ya.

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
PMD SUPER MYSTERY DUNGEON YESSSSSSSSSSSSS

EXPLORERS OF DARKNESS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE GAMES OF ALL TIME. gET HYPED

Hopefully it's more Rescue Team/Explorers rather than Gates to Infinity. I haven't played that but I heard it sucked. Bring back the PokeQuiz at the very beginning please. Gates to Infinity with only five starters wasn't good,
I'm hella hyped

The only thing that concerns me is the title
It's......lacking quite a bit with an unoriginal name.
My biggest fear is that PMD will become freemium just like what they did to Rumble and Trozei.

Game Freak, I swear to Helix if you make PMD Free2Play I will take my Scolipede and plow down your entire headquarters.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Wow!
A Mysterious Dungeon game? ^-^ Here's hoping it's like the old ones!
(Hopefully we get some news at E3..)

Last edited:

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
Wow!
A Mysterious Dungeon game? ^-^ Here's hoping it's like the old ones!
(Hopefully we get some news at E3..)
As optimistic as I would like to be, Nintendo hasn't really talked about Pokémon at E3, let alone spin-off titles...

But you never know. This could be a great way to expand the interest of the PMD games!

D

Deleted member

I saved some replays of me using the "Command Sequence" on some people (see previous page). I may look into uploading them.

I just got trashed my Myran. That Olimar is a god. o.o
Of course. It's Olimar and you're Mewtwo. I could probably beat you as him too, because in Smash 4, skill doesn't mean anything. It's the character.

Also @U-Throw, I have two things to say about your Ridley post

1. I agree with the fact that Ridley shouldn't be fast and strong. That's broken.

2. (This applies to everybody), Stop getting hitboxes and hurtboxes confused! A character's hitboxes only appear during attacks. It's what makes them hit.
A hurtbox is the eternal sphere which surrounds a character that allows them to bump into objects (like a wall), interact with them (like a spring), and receive damage (by a hitbox).

Just so you all can more easily remember: a Hitbox makes you hit, a Hurtbox makes you hurt.
:)

Last edited by a moderator:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Skill always means something. While it's true that matchups can make a huge difference, a good Mewtwo will still beat a bad Olimar.
As optimistic as I would like to be, Nintendo hasn't really talked about Pokémon at E3, let alone spin-off titles...

But you never know. This could be a great way to expand the interest of the PMD games!
Weren't fairy types initially revealed at E3 in 2013? That's actually pretty huge.

Then again, 2014 didn't bring anything spectacular.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Skill always means something. While it's true that matchups can make a huge difference, a good Mewtwo will still beat a bad Olimar.
But as a counter-proposal: An okay Olimar (or Link), will most likely beat even the best of Mewtwo's. It's like fighting a
Life Orb+Stab-Sucker Punch Pokemon as Mega Mewtwo Y: there's no logical reason Y you'd ever win.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
But as a counter-proposal: An okay Olimar (or Link), will most likely beat even the best of Mewtwo's. It's like fighting a
Life Orb+Stab-Sucker Punch Pokemon as Mega Mewtwo Y: there's no logical reason Y you'd ever win.
There's no reason my Charizard should ever win against the terrible, terrible matchup of Zero Suit Samus, but it's happened more then once.

Matchups make combat more difficult, but it takes skill to use the character well enough to exploit why the matchup is favorable in the first place. Conversely, there are also ways to work around bad match ups.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I saved some replays of me using the "Command Sequence" on some people (see previous page). I may look into uploading them.

Of course. It's Olimar and you're Mewtwo. I could probably beat you as him too, because in Smash 4, skill doesn't mean anything. It's the character.

Also @U-Throw, I have two things to say about your Ridley post

1. I agree with the fact that Ridley shouldn't be fast and strong. That's broken.

2. (This applies to everybody), Stop getting hitboxes and hurtboxes confused! A character's hitboxes only appear during attacks. It's what makes them hit.
A hurtbox is the infinite sphere around a character that allows them to bump into objects (like a wall), interact with them (like a spring), and receive damage (by a hitbox).

Just so you all can more easily remember: a Hitbox makes you hit, a Hurtbox makes you hurt.
:)
Uh, what?
I should probably inform you that his Olimar JV2'd M2K's Diddy Kong at Paragon.
And I actually did win a match as well as come close to beating him a couple times.
It's the player in this situation, not their character.

Gui JP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Twishine
3DS FC
0791-1410-6660
I'd offer a challenge, me playing Mewtwo versus your Olimar, but unfortunately my internet connection is just wonky.

Instead, I'll just say words. I think words speak louder than actions or something.

I've beaten players (For Glory) as Donkey Kong, Charizard, and as of late Ike (#Fight4YoPals).

Just, well, it's ridiculously easy to punish players who forget there's dodging, shielding, get into exploitable patterns, etc etc.

(Admittedly, I need to work on punishing dodge-spammy players. Ugh. ;-; )

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Skill is a pretty major part of the game. Unfortunately for me, my Smash Bros 3DS won't let me play online very well (Hopefully the Wii U has better online) so I pretty much fight against random lvl 7 or lvl 8 CPUs which does kinda get old after a while but I've fought a few CPU Shieks which are bad news Mewtwo but I manage to get a win in about 90% of the time but it's nothing like playing against people.

(Sorry if I was all over the place and didn't make sense, spring allergies have recently turned my brain to mush XD)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'd offer a challenge, me playing Mewtwo versus your Olimar, but unfortunately my internet connection is just wonky.

Instead, I'll just say words. I think words speak louder than actions or something.

I've beaten players (For Glory) as Donkey Kong, Charizard, and as of late Ike (#Fight4YoPals).

Just, well, it's ridiculously easy to punish players who forget there's dodging, shielding, get into exploitable patterns, etc etc.

(Admittedly, I need to work on punishing dodge-spammy players. Ugh. ;-; )
Let me know when you're connection is stable. Because people keep underestimating me, and it's time to "put [them] in their place"

I have also annihilated people as Donkz, Charcoalzard and Mike&Ike. While Charizard is merely OK, and Ike is somewhat lacking, D0nkey K( )ng is an underestimated character.

Also, it's actions speak louder than words. :)

I look forward to Smashing (with) you once your connection gets fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gui JP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Twishine
3DS FC
0791-1410-6660
Let me know when you're connection is stable. Because people keep underestimating me, and it's time to "put [them] in their place"

I have also annihilated people as Donkz, Charcoalzard and Mike&Ike. While Charizard is merely OK, and Ike is somewhat lacking, D0nkey K( )ng is an underestimated character.

Also, it's actions speak louder than words. :)

I look forward to Smashing (with) you once your connection gets fixed.
Looking forward to it!
And if there was any reason to underestimate, I would guess it has to do with you comment character pick > skill.

And Donkey Kong is pretty scary when people know how to play him
And I know. ;) (Sarcasm is kind of hard to do in words. :c )

Seriously tho, looking forward to some jolly competition.

D

Deleted member

Looking forward to it!
And if there was any reason to underestimate, I would guess it has to do with you comment character pick > skill.

And Donkey Kong is pretty scary when people know how to play him
And I know. ;) (Sarcasm is kind of hard to do in words. :c )

Seriously tho, looking forward to some jolly competition.
I can play now if you want

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
> forgets Bum, Strong Bad, Mexican, NJz Finest, RockCrock

Smooth Criminal
The fact I know anything about Melee should be more than enough
what other characters do you guys play as? I play as Jr and Jigglypuff aswell with Mewtwo!

I did this video with Jigglypuff ;w;
lel rest too stronk

All characters I consider myself good with
:4falcon::4ganondorf::4greninja::4myfriends::4jigglypuff::4kirby::4marth::4megaman::4mewtwo::4rob::4sheik::4shulk::4zelda:

Top Bottom