• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Spirst

I also prefer Charizard Y. Charizard X seems a little too "HI I'M 10 AND THIS IS SO COOL" designed for my tastes. Y seems more like something I would expect from Charizard and I like the sleekness.

Edit: Yes. #TeamHitmonlee though

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I also prefer Charizard Y. Charizard X seems a little too "HI I'M 10 AND THIS IS SO COOL" designed for my tastes. Y seems more like something I would expect from Charizard and I like the sleekness.

Edit: Yes. #TeamHitmonlee though
Yeah, really. Charizard Y looks like an actual realistic upgrade.
X is more...well, "OMGZ CHARIZARD IS A DRAGON LULZ"

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
I have finally found people who agree with me on Charizard Y being better than X... yeahhhhhh

Charizard Y needs some serious love. Zard X is already in Smash so let Zard Y be in Pokken pl0x

Spirst

I'd personally like more "WTF" kind of characters like Suicune to be added. Bipedal/fighting types/Smash pokemon are good but seem like predictable choices.

Give me oddball choices like Girafarig or Porygon or Shuckle.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
I'd personally like more "WTF" kind of characters like Suicune to be added. Bipedal/fighting types/Smash pokemon are good but seem like predictable choices.

How about diglett?

Don't hurt me please!

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465

I would love Porygon Z to be playable.
What about Absol?
Sylveon...perhaps...?

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432

You don't even want to see it's Final Form.

You mean this? If you google diglett's/dugtrio's body, you'll mostly get stuff that I shouldn't put on this site but this is the only appropriate one I could find. XD

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I like both of Mewtwo's Mega Evolutions equally. They both have qualities that appeal to me, and both of them are just plain awesome! Gun to my head, though, I'd probably pick Mega Mewtwo Y. Special Attack FTW, people:p!

I don't have an opinion on Charizard's Mega Evolutions simply because I don't really care for him as a Pokémon. I mean, don't get me wrong, Charizard is awesome! He just doesn't particularly appeal to me.

At this point, the only two Pokémon that I absolutely need in Pokkén Tournament are Mewtwo, because he's my all time favorite, and Dragalge, because he's my favorite non-Legendary. That said, I also really like Porygon Z, so I wouldn't mind seeing him or one of his evolutionary relatives in the game.
Oh, and I want Magikarp in just to piss people off. :129:

Last edited:

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
The only thing I hate are his tiny arms, ZardYs arms should have turned into an extra pair of real wings, kind of like that Dragon Hiccup's Mom has in HTTYD2, still I prefer X even though its design should have been used for an original pokemon (as for the mega looking like it was made by a 10 year old, that can be said about a lot of Megas)

Theres thing I like and hate about both Mega Mewtwos, plus that ironic fact that most people like the Y variation as well even though that one got a lot of hate when first revealed.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
i wish i could post this on the front page to tell this but, this is usually the place were i have friends but look at this
https://www.nintendo.com/amiibo
go to the bottom and look at fox

is that a new render?
NEW/BRAWL STARFOX DESIGNS CONFIRMED FOR NEW GAME?
Nice catch. I actually liked Brawl's Fox design more than his 64/Melee design so I'm fine with this.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Just don't let Smogon people play.
Gengar had extremely good reason to be banned; having one on your team was just so huge of an advantage that there was almost no reason for a good team to have one, much like Metaknight. This stuff happens so much in Pokemon, we even have a name for it; "over-centralization", and it's something Smogon attempts to avoid. Yes, that's right. By banning Pokemon all the time, Smogon is actually promoted diversity in the metagame.

Mega Gengar itself wasn't OP; but Mega Gengar paired with a powerful sweeper is. Shadow Tag gave it the ability to take out almost any Pokemon on the opponents team, especially when paired with it's massive special attack, speed, and Destiny Bond. It takes away the entire mechanic of swapping out, which is one extremely important in that game.

When your opponent has a pokemon that can break your team's strategy, you usually have to work around it. You lure it out, you hit it on swap in, ect. But when Mega Gengar comes into play, all you have to do is use Destiny Bond, and suddenly, your team has a massive advantage. It's not a strategy that takes any skill. You just effortlessly pick off the pokemon your team is weak to, and then you basically win.

If Smogon didn't need good justifications for things to be banned, Kyurem-B would never of been dropped from Ubers, and nor would full banning processes take to long(of course, there's also quick bans, but those are only for ridiculously OP Pokemon like Mega Salamence and Mega Kangaskhan).

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
If that really is Fox's design for the new Star Fox game, then I'm perfectly content. In my opinion, Fox's design from Brawl onward isn't anything special. To me, it's just kinda there. It's just a little lackluster.

However, that said, Fox's Melee design was absolutely atrocious, his Adventures design looked a little too goofy and strange, and his Assault and Command designs are in a similar position to his Brawl design, though I think both Fox's Assault and Command designs are somewhat inferior, especially his Command one.

Personally, I think that Fox's Star Fox 64 3D design, and by extension his Star Fox 64 design, is easily the best of his designs. Something about it just really makes it stand out to me, and I would be more than elated to see it become his mainstream design. I suppose his SF643D design just looks really sleek and distinctive. For example, Fox's Blaster can be seen in his official SF643D artwork, and it looks very slim and futuristic to me, something that his Blaster's modern design lacks. Also, Fox uses that same Blaster in-game in the original Super Smash Bros., and I've always preferred the pink lasers in 64 to the red ones we have today. The way he dresses appeals to me, as well, especially the lack of a scanner and the presence of a name tag. Everything he wears, down to his trademark red bandana, is brightly colored and works well with the rest of his design. Anyway, I'm starting to drag on. To sum it up, I guess I think that Fox's SF643D design is rather subtle, but it's also vey distinctive. It's much simpler than his other designs, but it also maintains that futuristic feel, and, in this case, I think less is more. In the words of the wise Wonder-Green, "Simple is best, you know!"

Last edited:

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
no this is the 64 remake render
Yep that is a different render indeed. I just took a quick look and was stupid not to compare the two.

Every Fox fan must be up-smashing in joy if this is from a new game. Of course that is if a certain someone can't let them do that...

Last edited:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Just don't let Smogon people play.
:'(

On the topic of Pokken characters, I'm holding out for Greninja and Mewtwo obviously. Would also like to see Mew, Sceptile/Serperior, Hawlucha, Pangoro, Hydreigon, Aggron and others. Porygon-Z sounds like a really cool oddball choice! I'd like to see it or something like it be included as well.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Gengar had extremely good reason to be banned; having one on your team was just so huge of an advantage that there was almost no reason for a good team to have one, much like Metaknight. This stuff happens so much in Pokemon, we even have a name for it; "over-centralization", and it's something Smogon attempts to avoid. Yes, that's right. By banning Pokemon all the time, Smogon is actually promoted diversity in the metagame.

Mega Gengar itself wasn't OP; but Mega Gengar paired with a powerful sweeper is. Shadow Tag gave it the ability to take out almost any Pokemon on the opponents team, especially when paired with it's massive special attack, speed, and Destiny Bond. It takes away the entire mechanic of swapping out, which is one extremely important in that game.

When your opponent has a pokemon that can break your team's strategy, you usually have to work around it. You lure it out, you hit it on swap in, ect. But when Mega Gengar comes into play, all you have to do is use Destiny Bond, and suddenly, your team has a massive advantage. It's not a strategy that takes any skill. You just effortlessly pick off the pokemon your team is weak to, and then you basically win.

If Smogon didn't need good justifications for things to be banned, Kyurem-B would never of been dropped from Ubers, and nor would full banning processes take to long(of course, there's also quick bans, but those are only for ridiculously OP Pokemon like Mega Salamence and Mega Kangaskhan).
Eh it just seems like anything that disrupts their love of wall and stall and utter reliance on status and hazards it isn't long before they ban something.

Fortunately Druddigon can never be banned because it's Druddigon the best Dragon ever.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Eh it just seems like anything that disrupts their love of wall and stall and utter reliance on status and hazards it isn't long before they ban something.

Fortunately Druddigon can never be banned because it's Druddigon the best Dragon ever.
Actually what happens isn't an immediate ban. I don't do smogon but I at least check stuff, they put it in suspect test and have a point limit. Everyone who has at least the amount of points required can vote whether to ban. You get points based on how well you do. Not every player uses the same strategy meaning some can say "Ban, it's too strong" but others can say "Don't ban, it's dealt with ease if you do X"

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
Actually what happens isn't an immediate ban. I don't do smogon but I at least check stuff, they put it in suspect test and have a point limit. Everyone who has at least the amount of points required can vote whether to ban. You get points based on how well you do. Not every player uses the same strategy meaning some can say "Ban, it's too strong" but others can say "Don't ban, it's dealt with ease if you do X"
Exactly. Most people see Smogon as this giant corporation with some fat dude smoking a cigar at his desk deciding who to ban, when in reality Smogon is almost entirely community run. Hell, even what Pokémon are in OU, UU, and such are decided almost solely on how much usage the community gives said Pokémon.

Top Bottom