• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
I really hope that if mewtwo becomes playable he still gets an "unlimited"(intentionally OP versions of characters in blazblue and guilty gear) form because i still think a full power final boss mewtwo would be awesome. After seeing suicune i want either entei or raikou because, **** suicune =p(that and somehow they can make weird big quadrupeds work in this game)As for who i'll main/hopes for pokken. so far Gengar and gardevoir are the only characters that particularly interest me. I'd like to see cofagrigus show up as well because he could be a tricky grappler type character with those grabby hands.(that, and it'd be cool to see a legit "evil" pokemon) I'd also like to see hitmonlee just because he's my fave fighting type. @ BugCatcherWill BugCatcherWill : From what i've heard doc may have been given a second chance in the customs meta with something that apparently fixes his incredibly awful recovery and a rather neat cape custom.(STILL doesn't stall in the air though) but i agree. sometimes you have to just face the facts there.

Last edited:

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
Watch Mewtwo's gonna be a broken as heck boss if she's in. Like, even worse than Tekken 2 Kazuya with that nut punch that stuns on counter hits and those unblockable strings.

Last edited:

1DeadRabbit

...I mean jackal.
3DS FC
1864-9519-0771
Watch Mewtwo's gonna be a broken as heck boss if she's in. Like, even worse than Tekken 2 Kazuya with that nut punch that stuns on counter hits and those unblockable strings.
Or
you know
end up being a lightweight.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Off topic but there is this cool thing i like to do (windows 7&8 only)
1. if you go to you volume settings on the bottom right of the screen, click on it and click on the speaker
2. you should be brought up to a menu, go to enhancements
3. click voice cancellation
4. listen to some smash music on youtube, they will sound different. My favourites are "you will know our names" and "Light Plane (vocal mix)"

another thing you can do on the same menu (enhancements) is change the pitch of sounds.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Noticed the Amiibo talk earlier.
Nintendo have made a complete hash out of it. How do you expect Skylander like figures (which sell really well as it is) based on Nintendo characters to NOT sell in the 10's of millions?
To be honest the excuse that the Amibo exceeded expectations reeks of lies. They just haven't produced anywhere near enough of them because they were rushed out to release close to SSB4U's release date but they don't want to admit it.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
^exactly, it's such a farce. "oh man, collectible figures of popular nintendo characters SURELY these won't sell a lot"

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
GameCube adapters are the same. I'm pretty sure Nintendo realizes that the GC controller is the most popular Nintendo controller, so them not making enough of these is kinda questionable. They made far too less... didn't it take a few months for these to be in stock regularly?

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
GameCube adapters are the same. I'm pretty sure Nintendo realizes that the GC controller is the most popular Nintendo controller, so them not making enough of these is kinda questionable. They made far too less... didn't it take a few months for these to be in stock regularly?
I wasn't able to get one until the same day I got Mewtwo.

Browny

Smash Hater
Noticed the Amiibo talk earlier.
Nintendo have made a complete hash out of it. How do you expect Skylander like figures (which sell really well as it is) based on Nintendo characters to NOT sell in the 10's of millions?
To be honest the excuse that the Amibo exceeded expectations reeks of lies. They just haven't produced anywhere near enough of them because they were rushed out to release close to SSB4U's release date but they don't want to admit it.
Me and my brother were talking about this today coincidentally, and I think Nintendo just didnt expect the sheer volumes that people are buying these things in.

Honestly if you think of friends/other smash players that have Amiibos, how many do they have? Its like the average person has somewhere around 4+. I dont think Nintendo expected that people would spend more money on Amiibos, than the actual game.

And then theres the people that spend more on amiibos, than the actual console...

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
To say Nintendo didn't expect the sheer volume of people buying Amiibo is to imply they're out of touch with the fanbase.
Skylanders sell loads + Nintendo characters that are really popular = A LOT of interest in them.
That and the retailer exclusive amiibo is a whole other story.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
In regards to amiibo, I think they're pretty cool. I personally see absolutely nothing wrong with them. They're fun to fight against in Smash, and a lot of what they unlock in other games is awesome, as well. However, at the same time, they don't unlock anything that I desperately want. To me, amiibo are just one of those things that you buy when it's convenient for you. I don't go out of my way just to buy one, but if I happen to pass the amiibo aisle while I'm out shopping or something, then I might pick up one or two.

Also, the amiibo shortages aren't entirely Nintendo's fault. Part of the reason are the West Coast port strikes that have been going on recently. The port strikes have been limiting the amount of amiibo that can get into the USA, and because Americans haven't been able to purchase amiibo in stores, they order them from overseas, which limits the amount of amiibo in other countries. So, while the amiibo shortages may be partly Nintendo's fault, it's by no means their fault entirely.

I'm pretty excited for Pokkén Tournament, and I really hope that it comes to Wii U. I mean, I feel like that's a given, considering the massive profits Nintendo could make from it, but hoping never hurt anyone. Gengar looks awesome, and I'm pretty pleased with the roster so far. Hopefully, Mewtwo will make the cut. He'd be so cool to see in Pokkén, and I think that his immense popularity and massive potential practically guarantees him a slot on the roster. Here's hoping! Oh, and I run the official Mewtwo support thread in the Pokkén Discussion group. Feel free to check it out! It's been pretty inactive lately:p.

And, finally, the subject of Dr. Mario's tier placement. As a former Dr. Mario main and current Doc secondary, I would say that Dr. Mario and Mario belong within each other's vicinity on the tier lists. Customs allow Dr. Mario's recovery to actually surpass Mario's, at least in terms of vertical distance, and, while Doc's combo game is inferior, it's not as bad as people make it out to be. He actually has a few combo tools that Mario doesn't, such as his Dash Attack and D-Throw, and Dr. Mario's U-Tilt combos similar to Mario's on lower percentages. Doc also kills a little bit earlier than Mario, which allows his combo game to be slightly inferior to Mario's while still achieving similar results. Additionally, while Dr. Mario isn't as mobile as Mario, which hampers his aggressive potential, Doc actually benefits from playing defensively more than Mario, since Dr. Mario has Super Jump Punch as insane Out of Shield option. Also, never underestimate Dr. Mario's edge-guarding game. Finally, Dr. Mario's normal recovery isn't as bad as people sometimes make it out to be. I mean, it's still bad, but it's not Little Mac bad. Dr. Mario's recovery is just harder to use compared to most of the cast's. People who say that Dr. Mario's recovery is the worst in the game simply don't know how to use it. Most good Dr. Mario players die because they get knocked offstage at a bad angle. Anyway, this is just an overview of my full arguments. More in-depth versions of these can be found here and here. Now, I'm not saying that Dr. Mario is super amazing or anything. I'm just saying that I believe his inferiority is often exaggerated, and that he's frequently underestimated. I think he's much better than most people think, especially with Customs. At least, that's the way I see it.

EDIT: I should clarify that my two in-depth arguments were written up during a debate with a Mario main on another forum that I occasionally visit. I typed them up to be directed at him, so some parts of the text will look weird because they sound like they're directed at a particular person. I apologize for the inconvenience. Just ignore those parts.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Pokken Tournament just for Wii U? Come on, 3DS owners need more love too. :ohwell:
Yeah no.
The 3ds has more than enough games to last it.
2 Fire Emblem games, 5 Pokemon games, 3 Zelda games, DK, Xenoblade, Star Fox, However many Mario titles there are and some good third party support from Square Enix and Capcom for example. If anything the Wii U needs more love if they don't want the U to be a failure in the end. Zelda U got delayed to next year and the Wii U already suffered from having a 3ds counterpart to one of it's games.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Yeah no.
The 3ds has more than enough games to last it.
2 Fire Emblem games, 5 Pokemon games, 3 Zelda games, DK, Xenoblade, Star Fox, However many Mario titles there are and some good third party support from Square Enix and Capcom for example. If anything the Wii U needs more love if they don't want the U to be a failure in the end. Zelda U got delayed to next year and the Wii U already suffered from having a 3ds counterpart to one of it's games.
That is true but when I look at the Wii U, it does have a decent game library so far. I can totally understand the Wii U having its own exclusive games though because it's so easy to pick up a 2DS compared to a Wii U when it comes to money and convenience (portability). I would definitely get a Wii U if I could but being a high school senior, I might not have the time to play it much. Money is also a bit of an issue too. Sorry if I was a little all over the place. XD

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
Hey hey. They might ban Gengar again. And that wouldn't be cool.
Well.......I believe it was Mega Gengar that was banned to Ubers because Shadow Tag with ridiculous Sp. Attack, plus Perish Trapping, plus Pain Split, makes for one SOB

Plus now Ubers is an official tier because of M. Rayquaza, so it's really not that bad...

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Well.......I believe it was Mega Gengar that was banned to Ubers because Shadow Tag with ridiculous Sp. Attack, plus Perish Trapping, plus Pain Split, makes for one SOB

Plus now Ubers is an official tier because of M. Rayquaza, so it's really not that bad...
I wonder if they banned Talonflame yet. I got miffed about Mega Mawile being banned so I stopped caring about them.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
A win's a win. As much as I hate to admit it, sometimes you just don't get results playing your favorite character.

I think the one of the most recent heartbreaking moments for me is when I dropped Smash 4 Doc. I loved playing him in Melee, and was crushed when he was cut in Brawl. Then he gets confirmed for Sm4sh and I get all exited. I finally have my Melee main back and better than ever.

Then came my first few tourneys. As much as I loved playing the Doc, I got absolutely destroyed when I tried using him against real people. His recovery was bad, he was slower than Mario, and his combo game compared to Mario was almost nonexistent. Not to mention the constant flack I'd get for using him rather than regular Mario.

After a while, I took a long look at Doc, how the character played, and the Smash 4 metagame. I'm pretty sure it was one of the hardest things to say to myself, but I knew it.

I cannot possibly win by playing Doc.

There, I said it. No matter how much you love a character, at the end of the day, you're playing to win. You don't go to tournaments to lose to everybody. You need results. So no matter how good you are with that character, no matter how much advanced techniques you've mastered, all the in's and out's you've memorized, every option you're character has against every scenario, sometimes you're best just isn't good enough.

And that's the hard, cold, ugly truth...
You know what's funny? I've completely dominated a ton of good Mario players here with my Doc. In fact, I'm willing to say he's better than Mario. Did you know he has a 30% start up combo...?
Ask anyone here who has played me.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Hm, speaking of Amiibo's you guys should make sure you pre-order for Mewtwo as soon as you can. I asked about pre-orders for him a few weeks ago and to my surprise I was able to.
Wut.

;_;

Wave 4 isn't even AVAILABLE for preorder here yet*, much less available everywhere else and somehow there's a Mewtwo preorder already?

:sadsheep:

*Though I did get my Robin/Lucina preordered somehow.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
You know what's funny? I've completely dominated a ton of good Mario players here with my Doc. In fact, I'm willing to say he's better than Mario. Did you know he has a 30% start up combo...?
Ask anyone here who has played me.
This girl gets it! Dr. Mario mains... Team, UNITE UP!

EDIT: Oh, and before I forget, what's that 30% startup combo? I must know it!

Last edited:

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Cool that Gengar is playable, its my favorite Ghost type. I really hope that if the roster is small from the start, at least put in a lot of fan favorites (and it looks like its going to be for the most part). Pokemon like Scizor and Garchomp should be obvious choices.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Cool that Gengar is playable, its my favorite Ghost type. I really hope that if the roster is small from the start, at least put in a lot of fan favorites (and it looks like its going to be for the most part). Pokemon like Scizor and Garchomp should be obvious choices.
What's the current roster as of right now?

Top Bottom