• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Well If I can find my elgato I'll try to get a video up by the end of week. That's all I can do if that. Need to actually work to make a living, you know.
I can get some really crappy Iphone videos today, but I can't use my ElGato until I get back home in a few days.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Well anyone expecting custom moves is in for a wittle supwise.
Hm...
That is, of course, if we don't get any customs tomorrow.
There's always a chance that the Mewtwo we have now is only the "beta" version of him. Perhaps tomorrow Mewtwo will be at top form...?

Last edited:

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Hm...
That is, of course, if we don't get any customs tomorrow.
There's always a chance that the Mewtwo we have now is only the "beta" version of him. Perhaps tomorrow Mewtwo will be at top form...?
Even if we don't get anything new for Mewtwo tomorrow, that doesn't mean they won't add them in the future

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
1. I don't understand the method in which your doing this but either way it sound like you aren't teleporting to the ledge, right? Mewtwo landing on the ground immediately after teleport and how he lands is pretty crucial to this.

2. I do realize you can shorten grounded teleports. These are tested with various control schemes and after a few hours of testing from what I can say are perfectly horizontal inputs are what I'm using for identifying these distances. Of course there is always the possibility I'm wrong, but before either of us can prove the other wrong we'd need some type of evidence supporting one side.

3. I just tested this on the Wii U and 3DS, both on standard and Omega Battlefield. The distances are still different. If you want I can give you some points on the field in order to test this, and if possible I will find a way to record it and edit a video showing the variants of distances. It's not huge granted, but enough that can turn a possible huge play into an SD.

On Omega Battlefield for the 3DS version, on the right half of the ring, do you notice the third blue block in the middle right before the pattern starts to bottleneck? Thats a reference point for a teleport with no momentum that if you teleport to the ledge, it'll ledge cancel, provided Mewtwo is centered over that square with no previous momentum. Now if you were to start a dash, with Mewtwo's waist being the center of his model, once his waist meets the blue square before the first reference point and you teleport then, he will ledge cancel, where as before with no momentum this square does not give a possibility to ledge cancel at all. Now the last point, the blue cube after the bottleneck. If you do a teleport with no momentum here, you will suicide to your death attempting to ledge cancel. However, if you run from the nearby ledge then teleport from that square, all of a sudden it no longer kills you and you get a perfect ledge cancel.

I'm not saying the distances are that far, but it is enough to screw with the positioning enough that can mean the difference of an early lead or an early SD. The main reason I was testing pre momentum teleport distances in the first place was because in a real match you likely won't be standing still for one reason or another.

Ok, I tested with your method and I can see what you're saying, but here's the thing:

Your reference points seem to be skewed to get these results, if I center Mewtwo on the 2nd blue square I don't get a ledge cancel, but your other reference point is moving 100% towards the next square, while moving about 10% of that distance (inside the 2nd square but not perfectly centered) already allows for ledge cancelling.

You are right that you get more distance when running but the distance is so minimal that I actually doubt it's part of Teleport's properties. It also doesn't happen when walking or in the air, you might theorize that it's because the momentum is so low when walking/jumping, but I think it's just that the difference in distance is due to something else entirely.

My conclusion from doing these tests is that Mewtwo's center from a dash is not calculated where the center of the shadow is shown but instead is calculated about where the front corner of the shadow is. This is about the difference you get in distance and it explains why Teleporting backwards when dashing and Teleporting forward seems to give a very slight different result in distance, but it doesn't give any different results while walking or in the air (which both have momentum based too).

So while your conclusion of Teleporting a bit early/late when Teleporting from a dash is correct, I don't think the premise of Teleporting being affected by momentum is correct.

Last edited:

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
oh, have created a speficik nametag for mewtwo to see over my score with him on For Glory 1v1
matches: 101
wins: 78
losses: 23

I think thats pretty solid :3
I officially hate Little Mac. :(
dont we all?

just try to bait him so you can grab him/stun him. if not over FG, try selecting a stage that is against him, any stage except for FD and Smallville is not favored by little mac xD

Last edited:

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
I officially hate Little Mac. :(
What I REALLY hate are good Mac's. I got bopped by a Mac player at a recent local because I just couldn't kill him

Normally, Wario is a gimp machine, but he would manage to perfectly dodge all my aerials off the stage and Up-B safely instead of Side-B to make it back 95% of the time. Also, he actually used Mac's aerials effectively. Plus he'd mix his dash attacks and grabs so only shielding would get me punished

1FC0

Smash Lord
I AM GOING TO DOWNLOAD MEWTWO TOMORROW AND DO NOT TRY TO STOP ME

WHY DOES MEWTWO HAVE TELEPORT THOUGH CUZ HE DUN LRN NO TELEPORT

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
I knew that but Smash 4 is gen 6 cuz greninja is gen 6 i kid u not look it up if u dun believe me
mewtwo was in melee, which were the same year as Gold/Silver was released, which were in gen2.

if we go after that logic, pikachus SideB should be something else, since its the move "skull bash" which he can only learn from Gen1 TMs

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
inb4 Magius is under 24. Honestly, smash never gave a **** about canon, Ike, Shulk, Ganondorf and even Ridley prove that
It does when it's convenient.

That aside, how is Ridley inaccurate to his games? The only thing Smash 4 gets blatantly wrong about him
is his "Meta Ridley" transformation.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

That aside, how is Ridley inaccurate to his games? The only thing Smash 4 gets blatantly wrong about him
Last time I checked Ridley joining people's sides after a slap is the exact opposite of his character. Source: The franchise. Then Sakurai implies it's more accurate than small wings, something that genuinely happened. I want to chuck all the 2D games at his face

BZero

Smash Journeyman
NNID
brand23
oh, have created a speficik nametag for mewtwo to see over my score with him on For Glory 1v1
matches: 101
wins: 78
losses: 23

I think thats pretty solid :3

dont we all?

just try to bait him so you can grab him/stun him. if not over FG, try selecting a stage that is against him, any stage except for FD and Smallville is not favored by little mac xD
Aww, I love me some little mac :laugh:

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master

You can't be serious. His trophy description even says I AM A STAGE HAZARD! HA HA!

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
I can't wait for tomorrow I got my funds ready to get Mewtwo and the next I'd say the next 4 DLC fighters when they come

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Last time I checked Ridley joining people's sides after a slap is the exact opposite of his character. Source: The franchise. Then Sakurai implies it's more accurate than small wings, something that genuinely happened. I want to chuck all the 2D games at his face
Remember this is Other M Ridley, he didn't get any influence from Mother Brain to be really evil
AND he's quite young, since we do see his maturation process. Because of all this, and on top of his instinctive cunning
I don't see it as too much of a stretch that he'd be somewhat impressionable by a strong fighter and does what he feels
is best for his survival by not attacking him or her.

You can't be serious. His trophy description even says I AM A STAGE HAZARD! HA HA!
That's not breaking canon, that's believing he's not getting the treatment he deserves.
ALL the fighter trophies with the sole exception of DLC characters do pretty much the same thing,
giving a very brief summary of their role in-series mixed with a brief overview of Smash gameplay.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Remember this is Other M Ridley, he didn't get any influence from Mother Brain to be really evil
AND he's quite young, since we do see his maturation process. Because of all this, and on top of his instinctive cunning
I don't see it as too much of a stretch that he'd be somewhat impressionable by a strong fighter and does what he feels
is best for his survival by not attacking him or her.

That's not breaking canon, that's believing he's not getting the treatment he deserves.
First of all, it's likely Ridley had his memories as he specifically targeted Samus as the Mystery Creature, she wasn't the biggest threat, that would be Anthony's plasma cannon. Second, I don't remember the Brawl trophies saying "HAHA I'M A BOSS" with anything. Also, you fight Ridley in the Geothermal Power Plant. DOA got the name right, what's Sakurai's excuse? Not to mention Ridley's signature moves aren't even used, unless the platform stab counts to you, which it shouldn't

1FC0

Smash Lord
But Magius doesn't. You said you could rek him, he wants a fight
y dun he go online then
i always go online when i wanna play and there r lots of peepz there redy 2 rumble

i hav question
wat time will mewtwo b released? i wanna download him real fast

Last edited:

Enoki

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Enokikone
Mac is so incredibly polarizing. In a recent online tourney, I played a mac player in winner's semis. I beat him in about a minute both games just by grabbing him and throwing him off the edge, then baiting the counter and bair-ing.
In loser's semis, I lost because of smash attack super armor and ko punch. Dang I was salty.
The most annoying thing is that we can only shieldgrab a dash attack if Mac is like on top of Mewtwo. Otherwise the jab comes out too quickly.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
First of all, it's likely Ridley had his memories as he specifically targeted Samus as the Mystery Creature, she wasn't the biggest threat, that would be Anthony's plasma cannon. Second, I don't remember the Brawl trophies saying "HAHA I'M A BOSS" with anything. Also, you fight Ridley in the Geothermal Power Plant. DOA got the name right, what's Sakurai's excuse? Not to mention Ridley's signature moves aren't even used, unless the platform stab counts to you, which it shouldn't
Remember that as a baby, he witnesses first-hand what Samus could do, he even got her to do the dirty
work in killing the Kihunter hive for nourishment. If that didn't convince him that Samus was a bigger threat than the
Marines ineffectually shooting at him I don't know what would. And Anthony didn't do a damn thing until his plasma
gun was charged. You tell me how Adolescent Ridley could've seen THAT coming.

And what signature moves does he have, other than his "drag the target across the wall" move (which originated in a Smash
game, by the way) doesn't he do in Smash 4? Fireballs? Check. Ramming? Check. Tail stabs? Check, even if
in a different form. All he's really missing is a grab of some sort.

You can rag on and on about how you feel Ridley got shafted or how he doesn't live up to what you wanted him to be,
but nothing in Smash 4 other than his Meta Ridley transformation (and even that has some basis in what Ridley could
do in Other M) is blatantly untrue or made up. Underrepresenting a character does NOT constitute as breaking canon.

Top Bottom