• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Jab 1 doesn't combo into everything. I think some really fast moves can be used to get out of it. Luigi can nair out of Jab 1 before you can follow up on it. At least that's what I noticed... I might be wrong but it looked like I couldn't Jab 1 -> Anything on Luigi...

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Remember that as a baby, he witnesses first-hand what Samus could do, he even got her to do the dirty
work in killing the Kihunter hive for nourishment. If that didn't convince him that Samus was a bigger threat than the
Marines ineffectually shooting at him I don't know what would. And Anthony didn't do a damn thing until his plasma
gun was charged. You tell me how Adolescent Ridley could've seen THAT coming.

And what signature moves does he have, other than his "drag the target across the wall" move (which originated in a Smash
game, by the way) doesn't he do in Smash 4? Fireballs? Check. Ramming? Check. Tail stabs? Check, even if
in a different form. All he's really missing is a grab of some sort.

You can rag on and on about how you feel Ridley got shafted or how he doesn't live up to what you wanted him to be,
but nothing in Smash 4 other than his Meta Ridley transformation (and even that has some basis in what Ridley could
do in Other M) is blatantly untrue or made up. Underrepresenting a character does NOT constitute as breaking canon.
Dude should go to the Ridley group. And learn about Not Ridley and Ridley. One guy there has a decent write up. You should give it a read.

Zem-raj or some such wrote it up. Quite long too.

Last edited:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
I can't wait for tomorrow I got my funds ready to get Mewtwo and the next I'd say the next 4 DLC fighters when they come
Same! But I think I only have enough for Mewtwo and maybe Lucas. I'm planning on taking my 3DS to school tomorrow and download Mewtwo there and spend some time after school training with him. I'm going to be playing with a friend locally on Wednesday (I tried to play online with him several times but we both kept on getting errors and I tried to fix it but with no success. It's strange though since I have another friend and I can play online with him just fine. 0_0) so I want to get some experience with #150 before then.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
I need some new fresh combos for Mewtwo. Anybody know any off the top of their head?
U-tilt (Close end of the tail) > U-smash
Confusion > U-tilt
D-throw > running U-smash (not guaranteed)
D-tilt > Fair / N-air > F-air (not sure if guaranteed)
Dash Attack > F-air / N-air > F-air (^)

That's all from the top of my head for now.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Well it looks like Mewtwo isn't the only cut veteran making a comeback to the fighting game scene this week....

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
you know to help with customs hint. (but this is nothing and known)

mewtwo is findable in smash tour and one mewtwo was marked as 2 instead of 1 (an orange mewtwo)

if that was removed and only mewtwo 1 pops up on tour after the 1.0.7 update that could be a hint for mewtwo getting customs (the real customs)

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
Same! But I think I only have enough for Mewtwo and maybe Lucas. I'm planning on taking my 3DS to school tomorrow and download Mewtwo there and spend some time after school training with him. I'm going to be playing with a friend locally on Wednesday (I tried to play online with him several times but we both kept on getting errors and I tried to fix it but with no success. It's strange though since I have another friend and I can play online with him just fine. 0_0) so I want to get some experience with #150 before then.
well best of luck don't play too much smash at school remember you're there to learn...... I just realized I sound like my mom anyways I got some money saved for good ol M2 just really can't wait for him E shop is down

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Dude i'm lovin' his personality.

"oh i know how about Mr. Fist" nice reference.
Ikr, he definitly has that Marvel vibe about him, ironically seeing how he is being released a day before Avengers

Whats more ironic is that both Mewtwo and Cinder are the results of unholy experiments created by a corrupt organization.

God this is going to be a kick*** week!!!

Oh not smash related. So meh.
Yea wasn't trying to go off topic, just thought it was a cool coincidence.

Last edited:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
well best of luck don't play too much smash at school remember you're there to learn...... I just realized I sound like my mom anyways I got some money saved for good ol M2 just really can't wait for him E shop is down
Ha ha, don't worry, I'll probably download him before the first bell in school rings. Also I've got a Smash 4 update to download right now.

EDIT: oh wait, e shop is down. -_-

Last edited:

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
Ok, I tested with your method and I can see what you're saying, but here's the thing:

Your reference points seem to be skewed to get these results, if I center Mewtwo on the 2nd blue square I don't get a ledge cancel, but your other reference point is moving 100% towards the next square, while moving about 10% of that distance (inside the 2nd square but not perfectly centered) already allows for ledge cancelling.

You are right that you get more distance when running but the distance is so minimal that I actually doubt it's part of Teleport's properties. It also doesn't happen when walking or in the air, you might theorize that it's because the momentum is so low when walking/jumping, but I think it's just that the difference in distance is due to something else entirely.

My conclusion from doing these tests is that Mewtwo's center from a dash is not calculated where the center of the shadow is shown but instead is calculated about where the front corner of the shadow is. This is about the difference you get in distance and it explains why Teleporting backwards when dashing and Teleporting forward seems to give a very slight different result in distance, but it doesn't give any different results while walking or in the air (which both have momentum based too).

So while your conclusion of Teleporting a bit early/late when Teleporting from a dash is correct, I don't think the premise of Teleporting being affected by momentum is correct.

I thought of that possibility as as well, so I tried teleporting backwards from the point where the reverse teleport works, just without dashing. That time instead of getting a ledge cancel I would SD. Again, could just be due to small input errors, but for the most part would behave the same tested multiple times with a seemingly horizontal teleport. I'll test it a bit more later tonight when I'm trying to get footage of it. I've also realized that there is a bit of leeway for an edge cancel regarding just positioning since I've made the original posts, so I'll have to rework my reference points so they adjust for the fastest ledge cancel possible.

It does slightly work with jumping, but you still need to be moving hard left or right in order to get any difference in terms of the distance for a ledge cancel.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
that would be awesome But IDK if it would be free. I'm ok for paying for it but I kind of feel a bit iffy on DLC modes. DLC alts and Fighters ok.
The new modes have to be really convincing if I end up having to pay for it.
If its in the lines of Smash Tour or Smash Run then GTFO

And alts for regular Characters are mandatory, its cute they gave us Monkey and Cat outfits for Miis, but they can do better than that

Last edited:

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
If its just tourney then would't he just say that in the interview... We've known about it since the Wii U Direct.

SUBSPACE
Also when can I download Mewtwo?
OMG TOMMOROW!!!!

Sorry no offense to you personally but people act like google doesn't exist.

And if I'm being an *** and you were just asking the exact time then idk though I wouldn't expect it directly at midnight.

Last edited:

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
Last time I checked Ridley joining people's sides after a slap is the exact opposite of his character. Source: The franchise. Then Sakurai implies it's more accurate than small wings, something that genuinely happened. I want to chuck all the 2D games at his face
I dunno. Other M ridley(the ridley that appears on pyropshere) is a weird clone thing rather than samus's old nemesis. and judging by all the poor characterization derailment in other m in general i wouldn't be surprised if sakamoto(yes, sakamoto was responsible for all the plot stuff, team ninja is innocent this time) was all like "oh yeah, just give clone ridley a few slaps and he'll be your subservient ****"As for the announcement. It's probably just tourney mode but i won't lie that part of me hopes for adventure mode, online special smash, or a online wii u version of smash run.

Last edited:

1FC0

Smash Lord
If its just tourney then would't he just say that in the interview... We've known about it since the Wii U Direct.

OMG TOMMOROW!!!!

Sorry no offense to you personally but people act like google doesn't exist.

And if I'm being an *** and you were just asking the exact time then idk though I wouldn't expect it directly at midnight.
I meant wat time i cannot find the time on google tomorrow is now

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I've heard quite a bit about this new mode DLC and such. While I believe it might just be tourney mode, I would simply die if we got a Subspace Emissary: Part 2
<3 Just imagine...Mewtwo interacting with Greninja, Lucario, and co. :3

Last edited:

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
I've heard quite a bit about this new mode DLC and such. While I believe it might just be tourney mode, I would simply die if we got a Subspace Emissary: Part 2
<3 Just imagine...Mewtwo interacting with Greninja, Lucario, and co. :3
A new Subspace seems like alot of time and money would need to be put in for it to be possible

Sakurai was all wah wah no adventure mode cuz people you tubed all mah cg cutscenes.
Also this.

Although a simple adventure mode like Melee would be nice, just with more Side-scrolling levels of course

Last edited:

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
Honestly i found subspace a very dissapointing cluster of mishmashed ideas over bland scenery with bland enemies and a plot full of missed opportunities(along with butchered characters such as lucas).I'd much rather have something more akin to adventure mode where you just kind of go through all the nintendo worlds(+sonic, megaman, and xenoblade)

Last edited:

cstonic

NNID
spindashupair
3DS FC
3711-8023-0131
Switch FC
SW-5972-4790-7111
Iunno about an Adventure Mode....well at least with subspace like cutscenes. Mostly just because how big that made the game.
not saying I dont want it though, that'd be great!

If we were getting modes, I'd LOVE smash run on wii u and tourney mode.
Adventure Mode would be mind blowing if they could fit it in.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Honestly i found subspace a very dissapointing cluster of mishmashed ideas over bland scenery with bland enemies.I'd much rather have something more akin to adventure moe where you just kind of go through all the nintendo worlds(+sonic, megaman, and xenoblade)edit: damnit, smashboards. why you send this twice?
It was a reject kirby game concept.

Top Bottom