• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Okay, I'm really getting tired of this now. Part of the reason I haven't been here much or contributed is because of that lingering toxic atmosphere I abhor.

Mario Smith, I think you're failing to realize that there's a point where you should just stop shouting your opinions to the world and saying people should respect them on the basis of it just being an opinion. Each post I've seen from you while lurking has been extremely negative and nobody wants to deal with that when they're trying to push forward and develop a character as best they can. While venting your frustrations is okay, keep in mind that this is a subforum dedicated primarily to the competitive advancement of Mewtwo as a smash character. Constantly saying he's trash and how you won tournaments so you would know contributes absolutely nothing of worth here. If you want to stick around, then try to help us learn the character more as opposed to being in the background saying, "He sucks." You're wasting your time otherwise.

To be honest, I'm going to start treating it as spam if I see it continue to happen.

For everyone else, let's not get sucked into the whole conflict either, hard as that may be. Internet arguments are usually pretty petty in the first place and I think we should prioritize promoting a healthier atmosphere here rather than trying to discredit someone's argument. You'd be surprised at how much growth can occur when there's a lack of toxicity.

So yeah, I've always been here but I'm stepping in because this really needs to stop now.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
You shouldn't bash people because of their opinions...
Have you ever noticed how nobody agrees with you? Why are you going around and getting the Mewtwo forum all fired up over an opinion? If that's really just your opinion, then you should've respectfully stated it, courteously provided a few examples, and left it at that, just like every other sensible person on this thread would've done. Instead, you aggressively and disrespectfully restated your opinion over and over again to people that were only trying to have a civil, sensible discussion. You threw our logic out the window! Your disdain for Mewtwo's playstyle and inability properly utilize him doesn't make him a bad character. It just means that you don't know how to use him.
That doesn't make you a bad player, though: it just means that you don't play Mewtwo very well. Mewtwo apparently has a very high learning curve, and you just haven't cleared that curve yet. You need to spend more time learning him and how to use his techniques, not try him out a few times and toss him in the trash bin when you lose. It's literally impossible to learn an entire character in one day, and your inflated ego is clearly preventing you from seeing that.
And don't try to pretend that you're victim here. I saw your original post, in which you blatantly disrespected everyone who attempted to defend Mewtwo. Why don't you respect our opinions? Several people on here, myself included, think that Mewtwo is actually a pretty decent character, maybe even upper-mid tier. If you're going to persist with the notion that Mewtwo is low tier, then take notes from @DrRiceBoy. He respectfully states his opinion and gives a few examples, and when he's politely challenged, instead of aggressively disrespecting the challenger, he courteously rebuttals. That's how an argument is supposed to play out, and until you can act like him, I suggest you either leave or don't speak on the subject at all. Simple as that.

EDIT: I just saw Spirst's post. This is my final word on the subject. I won't be replying to anymore posts like the one above.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I just remembered; Almost as soon as I got Smash U, I made this stage primarily to anticipate his arrival.

A character reigning in Project M gets a Project M stage.

E80B8134-6DAA-408B-B54B-661D5CABCF29.JPG

Last edited:

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
if I was here before a mighty moderator said stop to this madness, I would put cranky kong saying "git gud" picture, examples why you shouldn't rage over a character or a "not sure if trolling or stupid" meme pic about this arrogantunal disgussion.

however, since I did join after that I will not dig my own grave and I will not bring up old piece of crap that no one want to talk about!

so, I finally bought myself a Elgato HD 60 which I will use to my Wii U! that means I will finally do my combo videos I always wanted to do in Smash4!
let see if I will do a Jr or Mewtwo combo video first x3

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Mewtwo has a Side-B -> U-tilt (if it sends you behind him) -> Full Jumped Uair -> Fast-falled Uair combo...
Why?

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
2/10?

No. That's your opinion and yours alone.

It's honestly pathetic/sad to see you going on like this, yet you have Mewtwo as your main for EVERY single game. If you don't want to be 'bashed' for your opinion, don't come along to the Mewtwo boards, which is MEWTWO central, and tell us he's crap. We all love the character and are all giving him a chance but if you can't honestly be bothered, then instead of complaining about it, use your other characters and forget Mewtwo even exists in the game.

Nobody ever said you were a noob. You're just carrying on like one. The salt is real because you didn't get Mewtwo the way you wanted him. We never wanted a glorified, top tier Mewtwo because then everybody would spam him. He's fine how he is. He may have his weaknesses but they're easy enough to get around with practice and effort.

You make it out like he's the worst in the game. We don't see it that way.

saw the mods post, this is my final word/gif on this.

Last edited:

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
The only thing more frustrating than the presence of one who indulges in the sins of pride, envy, and perhaps sloth is Wii U's classic mode on 9.0. I know I can tackle it with Mewtwo if the RNG would just let me...

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Smash run is probably the best single player mode in smash. And enemies can't tech confusion so yeah.

I dunno I hate classic and all star. Something about it seems so bland outside of Master Core.

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
Mewtwo in Smash Run is a lot of fun. Especially when equipped with 2 Sixfold X Speed and a Pro Glider X Speed.

kirby3021

Smash Journeyman
I was disappointed when Mewtwo first came out because I disentangle think he'd be viable, but now my buddies practically ban me from choosing him. He's a beast in the right hands! Definitely takes time and lab work to get a handle on, but now I can say I don't mind if he isn't changed with the next balance patch. I think he's awesome! So much untapped potential, too.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

gg. You scared me for a sec.

Also, turn the HUD back on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Smooth lander is pretty cool though.
It's more the RNG aspect of it that gets irritating. Plus it's rarely used by me so it's just money to spend on beating the Trophy Rush challenges and Trophy shop which is more RNG BS.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
It's more the RNG aspect of it that gets irritating. Plus it's rarely used by me so it's just money to spend on beating the Trophy Rush challenges and Trophy shop which is more RNG BS.
Trophies lost meaning when Golden Sun wasn't represented. And the Ridley trophy description offends me.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Oh boy, more stuff is about to go down here!

Anyways, there really isn't any Golden Sun trophies?
It only got one new music track at the expense of no Isaac or trophies.
And that music track is on the Kid Icarus stage which has other kickass music.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
So, I'm genuinely curious. Why do you think Splatoon is going to be a bad game? I mean, I guess it really comes to down to personal taste, but Splatoon is a unique, innovative, fun-looking game that seems to be a breath of fresh air in the overwhelmingly dark and gritty shooter genre. Plus, I think what we've heard of the soundtrack is amazing! What's not to like? It's one of my most anticipated games of 2015, and I welcome it with open arms.
Do you just not like the shooter genre in general, or what? I swear, I'm not trying to be disrespectful or anything. I'm just genuinely curious as to why you think Splatoon is going to be a bad game.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
So, I'm genuinely curious. Why do you think Splatoon is going to be a bad game? I mean, I guess it really comes to down to personal taste, but Splatoon is a unique, innovative, fun-looking game that seems to be a breath of fresh air in the overwhelmingly dark and gritty shooter genre. Plus, I think what we've heard of the soundtrack is amazing! What's not to like? It's one of my most anticipated games of 2015, and I welcome it with open arms.
Do you just not like the shooter genre in general, or what? I swear, I'm not trying to be disrespectful or anything. I'm just genuinely curious as to why you think Splatoon is going to be a bad game.
I honestly don't like shooting games at all. But that's just me.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
There was a rumor not long ago that you couldn't open friend rooms in Splatoon; I don't think it's true, but I didn't check.

A lot of people are upset about the lack of Voice Chat, but...come on, this is Nintendo. It's not fair to except it(though it is fair to try to make Mewtwo aware that you want it).

I'm probably not going to pick up Splatoon myself, but that's because I'm subconsciously grossed out by it.
I never liked blobs of ink. Or squids.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
I love shooters such as Halo (if the 117 and past use of MC, Gravemind, Halo Legends and Didact avi/sigs were any indication at all), Gears of War and Team Fortress 2. They have a substantial amount of content in the game (granted TF2 is what 9 years old now? (Square root of 9 is 3. HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED!)) and Splatoon looks to lack decent content if the install size is anything to go by (granted it could be really well compressed).

Another thing I don't like is that the cosmetics have different perks on them and some are Amiibo exclusive.
What I hate about Call of Duty is the perks and it's why I hated the Halo 4 multiplayer.
The trio I mentioned above have cosmetics that are just that (Though GoW is more skins based on characters). Purely cosmetic with no buffs/debuffs as a result. I love my balance in shooters. It extends the life of them and gives them an above average competitive scene. Then making some of it amiibo exclusive is really stupid. Unless they've made more than a few thousand Splatoon amiibo then it's going to backfire horribly.

Then there's the online stuff. I can't host a private, custom match with my friends? It's 2015. I should be able to adjust the scores and time limits at the bare minimum. The lack of voice chat is jarring as well. Was a mute/kick feature really that hard to implement? Bring up the game roster, select the offending person and boom you can't hear them. CoD and Halo set the benchmark for shooters and on this part Splatoon is failing to reach it.

The only thing separating it from the likes of Evolve (a platform to sell DLC on), Titanfall (a really fun game that suffered from a lack of content) and the new Star Wars Battlefront (Don't get me started on this. Please ****ing don't) is that it'll at least have a single player campaign but I'm not paying money just for a campaign and a multiplayer I'll play maybe a few matches before moving on to Witcher 3 or going back to my backlog before Batsy drops in.

I want to be excited but it's very hard for me to get excited for it.

TL;DR

I'm extremely picky with my shooters and Splatoon isn't doing enough to stand out from the rest whilst still maintaining some basic features that others have. It's release date doesn't do many favours either. Witcher is out just before it and Batman follows a few weeks later. Both of which I'm very much anticipating.

I also somehow forgot LEGO Jurassic World.

Last edited:

1DeadRabbit

...I mean jackal.
3DS FC
1864-9519-0771
I like to think of Splatoon as Portal crossed with a shooter, which is a concept I like. Plus there's something fundamentally enjoyable watching giant splats of color drench everything in every conceivable way. And anything that allows me to customize my character and get weapon upgrades is a plus in my book.

Will I get it? Only time will tell.

Top Bottom