• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

D

Deleted member

I don't respect anyone who doesn't want me to play as Mewtwo in super smash bros ever again because they can't win their competitive matchups with him.
I never said I want him to be gone for good, I am saying that Mewtwo should be gone until they decide to make him good. No need in having my (and to an extent, our) favorite character be a letdown.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
And blocked :p No need for flame wars when that glorious button exists to stop trolls.

D

Deleted member

Yeah no, your logic is fallacious.

Smooth Criminal
It actually isn't. At first, they don't even make Mewtwo a real part of the roster (they make him optional DLC), then, to top it all off, I have to buy two games just to get a bad character. Really Nintendo? Why? Even Ganondorf has potential, and not only that, but he comes with the game. Heck, even in Brawl, Mario was bad, but unlike Mewtwo, not only was he a free starter, but he had potential: something that an unpatched Mewtwo lacks. They could've at least sped his moves up and increased his weight.

Also, shouldn't the "Smooth Criminal" addon be in your signature?

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Alright drop it before I start handing out infractions.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Personally to develop the mewtwo meta for this entry in smash it is probably more productive to focus on what mewtwo does well. Learn that and you can probably work around any weaknesses he has.

Which goes for any character really.

D

Deleted member

Personally, to develop the Mewtwo meta for this entry in smash it is probably more productive to focus on when the next balance patch is coming out. Learn that and you can probably patch around any weaknesses he has.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
Personally to develop the mewtwo meta for this entry in smash it is probably more productive to focus on what mewtwo does well. Learn that and you can probably work around any weaknesses he has.

Which goes for any character really.
I dunno keeping the weaknesses in mind helps one protect and compensate for them better, i think.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Personally, to develop the Mewtwo meta for this entry in smash it is probably more productive to focus on when the next balance patch is coming out. Learn that and you can probably patch around any weaknesses he has.
I hate being an unpleasant person. I really do. But, if all you're going to do is talk about how bad Mewtwo is and how he shouldn't be in the game until he's actually a "good character," then you should just go. If you really care about Mewtwo's viability, then you should at least try to work with what you've got and attempt to overcome Mewtwo's weaknesses, not sit around and spread unnecessary, unproductive negativity throughout the Mewtwo boards. You're not helping Mewtwo's placement on the tier lists one bit by just complaining about it. In fact, by doing so, you're achieving the exact opposite of what you want. Pretty ironic, huh?

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
My dear fair lady,
Please hear this prayer from a humble casual player. May you send down an angel that will lead your avatar to disrespect, style upon, and just generally body the heretics, blinded by their hubris, whom do not wish for you to bless the devoted followers of your guidance until your avatar is "good enough for them". Amen.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord

Guys stop talking about the things that are bad about Mewtwo, and find the good things, or else Mewtwo will end up worse, complete irony, huh?

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
....Wow. I got kind of excited to see four new pages when I logged on. That was a serious let down. Jeez, this place makes Dark Pit's inclusion look uncontroversial.

Is Mewtwo good? Maybe.
Do I care? No.

It's freaking Mewtwo. He floats. He throws shadow balls. He laughs evilly. He crosses his arms during his screensplat and doesn't clap because he's just too cool for all this. That's all I want from him.

Why can't we just appreciate that?

Last edited:

Iblistech

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NeosCross
3DS FC
3179-6577-8881
Switch FC
SW-7096-0760-2425
....Wow. I got kind of excited to see four new pages when I logged on. That was a serious let down. Jeez, this place makes Dark Pit's inclusion look uncontroversial.

Is Mewtwo good? Maybe.
Do I care? No.

It's freaking Mewtwo. He floats. He throws shadow balls. He laughs evilly. He crosses his arms during his screensplat and doesn't clap because he's just too cool for all this. That's all I want from him.

Apparently, some people can't.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
IMO I think Mewtwo's bad but not bottom of the barrel. I'd put him mid-high of the lower tiers.

This is my opinion on the "bottom tier" based on no customs:

Charizard is definitely underrated. I'm like 100% biased but I think Charizard is underrated (i has teh lizardon flair). Tons of reliable killing options, fantastic recovery, super armor, above average dash speed, fantastic grab and throws, etc. Thing that irks me the most is his aerial movement. Everything else is pretty great. Don't understand why some consider him as the worst character in the game not counting Swordfighter... I honestly think he's one of the better heavies. Better than Dedede, DK (w/o customs) , and Ganon (w/o customs) at the very least. Middle-high of bottom tier.

Falco is underrated. He's super nerfed but I honestly think he's still pretty great. His grab and throws are pretty darn good... d-throw and u-throw combo into a lot of things. His recovery is pretty good as well. Uair and bair are amazing. Bair especially, jesus christ that move is so good. His tilts are also really good for spacing. Just a fantastic character overall imo... I don't really understand why some put him bottom 5... if anything, I think he's near the top at the bottom tier (D rank?). He has a lot of flaws (fair, dair, and laz0r sucking, he's uber slow, easy to combo, etc) but I honestly think he's a lot better than most of the bottom tiers.

Meta Knight is underrated. God-tier recovery, and TONS of combos. More than some of the top tiers, even. This guy is god at gimping if you do it correctly. One of the best recoveries in the entire game. Decent killing moves, although they are risky. Biggest flaw is definitely his range. I really don't consider this guy bottom tier... at the very least, bottom of mid tier. The most recent Japanese tier list put him mid-high which is pretty close to what I think his tier placement should be. He's definitely not bottom 10.

Kirby and Robin are also underrated. Won't elaborate too much on this because I don't play them much, but based on what I know about these characters they're pretty darn solid. Kirby has mad combos and Robin has a great zoning and projectile game. I honestly don't think Robin is bottom tier... mid-bottom at the very least.

Ganon is overrated. He's extremely fun to play and to style with but he's overrated. Terrible approach options, terrible recovery, extremely darn slow, etc. The top tiers can just camp him and he can't do anything about it. Extremely vulnerable to gimps as well. I don't agree with most people considering him as mid-bottom/top of the bottom. I love Ganon and he's super fun to play (he's in my top 8 in my fighter records) but I honestly think he's bottom 8. Ganon didn't get directly buffed much from Brawl (in fact he actually got a few nerfs which I do not understand at all)... but he did get a ton of indirect ones. Ganon isn't as bad this time around because the new mechanics are rather good for him (rage, no more change grabs, no more infinites, no more edgehogging, etc)

I think the rest of what most people consider as the bottom tier are fine at their places. Most of the characters at the bottom tier should stay bottom because other characters are simply just better. MK and Robin doesn't deserve to be called bottom tier. Ganon is the only overrated bottom tier IMO. I don't agree with Zelda being underrated. She's great but other characters are better. In my opinion, not counting Mii Swordfighter, either WFT or Lucy is the worst character in the game. Not much else to say about either because they're really just not that good... which is a shame because I love Lucy.

Again, this is my opinion on the characters that most would consider the "bottom". I just wanted to share my opinion. :p

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I know it's been posted in this thread a million times already, but this is more appropriate now then ever before.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910

Is Mewtwo good? Maybe.
Do I care? No.

Honestly, this is exactly how I feel about Mewtwo. I know that people have different opinions, but my personal wish is that people would stop being so pessimistic about him being "not good"... it's fine to dislike Mewtwo for not being good, there's nothing wrong with that, but it kind of makes me sad when I see others talk bad about Mewtwo. Especially when they go to the extent of "not wanting him in the game"... which is an extremely unreasonable statement...

To be quite honest, I think Mewtwo's bad. Bottom tier. Not good. I have never ever complained about it though... because it honestly means jack to me. I honestly don't give a single horse dung about him being bad. He's Mewtwo... what else is there to ask for? It's fine to dislike Mewtwo's viability and complain about it for a little, but I do not understand complaining for so long. It's fine to share your opinion... but consistently spreading a negative opinion is sometimes... eh. Why so negative? Some certain individuals have been complaining about Mewtwo's viability since he was released... and that's not really changing anything. They're only spreading pessimism. Not to mention, I think they're doing it pretty rudely as well. Opinions are fine and dandy but when they start affecting other people then it starts to get weird. I think if people want to be so mad about the fact that Mewtwo's not good then they should be mad elsewhere (the Mewtwo Complaint Thread, for instance. Not saying it's a bad thread but discussions about not liking Mewtwo because he's bad should go there) because this is the Mewtwo social thread. People should be more considerate because a lot of here like Mewtwo for many reasons other than how good he is. :|

Last edited:

Jeronado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jeronado
3DS FC
0920-1020-8081
I don't have Mewtwo yet so I've just got a question of anyone who's played him.

Has anyone had any success using Air Dodge Cancelling, (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmDkNkNPWYY) or whatever it's called, with Mewtwo? I was watching Abadango's stream and when he used Mewtwo he used it a fair bit. I figure it might work well with Mewtwo just cause his Air Dodge turns him invisible.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Mewtwo is fine as is.
Honestly, I think I would smirk if they nerfed him. I mean, with all the complaining people are doing about him not being good enough...
Be happy we got him at all. Sakurai didn't have to do this.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Please stop spreading lies.

You are looking at this wrong.
Mewtwo is Mewtwo, regardless of what tier he is. Regardless of how he performs in general. If you do not like Mewtwo for what he is, then maybe you should just drop him and leave him to those who are willing to commit to him, regardless of how he plays.

Do not take this the wrong way, but the negativity...from all of the people who are upset at the way Mewtwo is...they should kindly take themselves away from here and find some other forum to complain about it. Only the people who will commit, regardless...or rather, choose not to complain, but be happy...should remain. You don't have to be good with him, or even main him to be a part of the community- to be completely honest.

Just support him and those who support him as well.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
One of my favourite things to do as Mewtwo is recover by using my second jump and hitting with a Bair. Meta games take months to develop, in fact, Diddy being called OP didn't happen on the first week and people said Olimar was absolute ****e, turned out he was good against the best character

cstonic

NNID
spindashupair
3DS FC
3711-8023-0131
Switch FC
SW-5972-4790-7111
Mewtwo is fantastic. He's really great at punishing approaches and edge guarding. Love the way he can pressure people into things.

And, he's fine just as he is. Nothing is really wrong with his moves or character. imo

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Mewtwo was created to be the ultimate Pokemon. But the word "ultimate" is subjective.
Think of it this way; how can he be the ultimate if one chooses not to stick with him and make him that way? Did the scientists who created him just stop and give up when things weren't going their way?
Did Fuji give up when his MariaTwo died? No, he didn't. He believed that Mewtwo would be strong and pull through...against the odds.
Believe in him and yourself, and you can make him the strongest Pokemon....or rather, the strongest Smasher.

Last edited:

Altair357

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Altair357
3DS FC
5284-1411-2846
He has good moves, but a few pretty bad properties. No idea where I would put him on a tier list, though.

Last edited:

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
Round 2 of trying for a match speed? XD We keep missing each other.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
got a really awesome 2-3 Dairs on a link in a match <3

but sadly link did recover since I couldnt take the risk to fastfall of the ledge without my second jump! it would been suicide :C

still won the match tho :3

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
I will say it again. Jab 1 disable is the truth. Every other person falls for it and doesn't see it coming. And an opponent at 90%+ is pretty much a free stock.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
I will say it again. Jab 1 disable is the truth. Every other person falls for it and doesn't see it coming. And an opponent at 90%+ is pretty much a free stock.
that string is love <3 sadly the disable do come out pretty slow so it isnt a true combo

those with a reactions as a cobra, they will be able to shield it or jump away! but there you will mixup with grabs :3

Top Bottom