• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
90%? Think you mean 70% as Marth is killed by uncharged Usmash at that point without DI
I always go for absolutes. And Bowser the heaviest and one of the hardest to ko will die from a half charge dsmash and can't do a thing about it.

Good to know on Marth though. Were you in rage?

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Well according to my training run center of bf wants Marth at 110% to kill off Marth with a yolo up smash.

Must have been a different blast zone that killed him at 70%. Or it was in Smash mode and Rage factored into the equation.

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
*Reads last few pages*

This is long so I'll put it under a spoiler tag.

It has literally been just over a week... a freakin' WEEK since Mewtwo came out, and already you're labelling him as a pathetic and garbage and deciding he should be low tier? Guys. Seriously.

Mewtwo is by no means worse in this game. He's better.

I picked up Mewtwo in Smash 4 coming from a 7 year background of both casual/competitive Melee fighting. I've never touched Brawl in my life, nor have I ever played Brawl competitively. Smash 4 feels horrible and slow to me. I feel like I can't get anywhere when I play character, but that's because I'm simply NOT used to a slower engine. I've struggled with Mewtwo. Most of my FG matches I've lost miserably not just due to lag, but because Mewtwo is slow and as expected, that is going to take me more than a few months of wrapping my head around it to get used to. I'm used to a fast, wave-dashing, shadow-clawing Mewtwo. Not a defensive, even lighter floaty cat. I've had to drop all of my Melee knowledge to learn a brand new game, and brand new character. That's not easy for me, but I'm doing it. I'm literally a complete n00b to Sm4sh right now.

But, that being said I am willing to spend months and countless hours of practice on him. Why? Because I'm NOT simply going to give up and just decide that my favourite Smash character is bad and should never have been brought back because he wasn't done 'justice.' We got him back, we got lucky. Others didn't. We need to be more appreciative that Sakuari even brought him back for us.

Being a Mewtwo main requires devotion, dedication and patience. Not just rushing in, using him then giving up on him after only a week. We don't even KNOW his tier placement yet.

Now, @ミスティック Speed wrecked me the other day. Was I disappointed? Yes. Was I mad? At the time, yes. Especially after her Ganon bull**** and the fact my lag was attrocious to the point I couldn't move without a delay. But that's simply because of the fact I'm coming into a game with no wifi experience, and no competitive experience or match up experience. My online play does NOT reflect in the slightest how I perform offline. If you are having trouble against fighters like Falco and Yoshi, then don't just give up and think that Mewtwo isn't capable of beating them. You just have to sit and learn every detail about those characters and what works against them. And this isn't just 'what works' it's knowing the frame data, auto-cancels, OoS options etc. Mewtwo is powerful, if you know how to utilize him correctly.

Take this for example. Today was a Sm4sh tourney here. While I didn't enter the tournament, as I'm not quite ready to, I played some friendlies against some guys that have wrecked me in the past. One of them being a Shulk player that would only space aerials on my shield. This was about... day 3 of my Mewtwo playing. Now this is coming in from 3 days of practice to a guy that has been playing since the game came out. That's what, over 6 months? I evened with him today. I didn't use Mewtwo (he wasn't available on that particular setup), but I tried other options and other characters. I nearly four stocked him in Melee when we played that. There is another guy in our scene here that is currently the (or one of the) best players at Smash 4 in our state - @Nikes He's a Yoshi main, and he's been winning recent tournaments and demolishing everybody he plays. He's extremely devoted to Yoshi, and has spent years playing him in Brawl, just like I've been devoted with Mewtwo. I played friendlies today with him with Mewtwo, this being the first time I've used Mewtwo in a competitive environment... and I think I did quite well. I even took a game from him when he went as spammy Toon Link for practice. Instead of just giving up on Mewtwo, I utilized him and used my options. I did really well. Mewtwo is MORE than capable of getting around a match when it seems virtually impossible. You just have to understand how he works. Mewtwo CAN beat fast and furious Yoshi's if you know HOW to get around them. The same with other spammy characters.

I'm not saying I know Mewtwo that well or HOW he works by this. That would be impossible considering my week of Smash 4 experience, but he's a character that requires the time and dedication for his learning curve. If you don't have the time and patience for him, and are just calling him crap right off the bat, then WHY are you here? Go play a top tier or something and leave the dedicated Mewtwo mains - the ones that actually stick by him, good OR bad - to their character.

If you're getting your ass kicked with Mewtwo, then LEARN him better. Learn what you are doing wrong. Believe me, I've been gutted a few times playing this game. Demolished by stupid spammers, and arrogant pricks. I was furious and frustrated because I couldn't understand why I was losing, but after being shown why, I learned what I had been doing wrong, and I did much better. It's as SIMPLE as learning your character and EVERYTHING about them. Their strengths, their weaknesses, what will help them win, and what not to do with them. Mewtwo is one of those cases. You just have to sit and study and spend hours of devotion to him, instead of just passing him off as bad.

Last edited:

Browny

Smash Hater
Alright children, gather round, its story time.

In the past, there was a character begged to be in Smash after being 'shafted' in the previous title, the character finally got put in. The fanboys went nuts. As the game came out it was clear this character was pretty bad and in fact found himself in the bottom tier of the first tier list. Pros and casuals alike mocked this character as being a pushover and that no one should feasibly lose.

You know what those fanboys did? They took off their skirts, logged out of tumblr and dedicated everything to the character and after year of neglect showed that the character, although very difficult to play properly, in the right hands could be a force to be reckoned with even on a national level.

I see smash 4 mewtwo as being like brawl sonic. Sonic has some glaring weaknesses in brawl, his fastest KO move was 14 frames and all of them were horribly weak and punishable on block. No projectiles, low damage, just bad. At least Pichu boasted some serious KO power and his were easier to land. Mewtwo is hard to play but with dedication, the right players will do well with him. He doesnt have an easy-mode switch and brain-dead BnB KO combos like some characters, he requires a little extra thought. Just like sonic, this will take TIME for people to learn. Sonic eventually did well because people abused the hell out of his movement options. I believe that Mewtwo will do well because people will become more and more proficient and punishing with heavy attacks. I think Mewtwo is actually the best punisher in the entire game by a significant margin. Sounds a bit like Melee peach in here.

Mewtwo has glaring weaknesses that to the casuals, make him look bad. Just like how people thought melee jigglypuff was bad because of low range and low weight. The thing is with mewtwo is that his weaknessess are extremely obvious to see. Plenty of other characters in this game have serious weaknesses but they are less obvious. Just look at Marth, he seems pretty good on the surface. Until you realise that he can not approach safely, at all. How about DDD, he cant force the enemy into a bad situation pretty much ever because hes so easy to get around, easily reflected projectile and lacks any dangerous punishes.

---

I've been playing against/as mewtwo a lot recently and I now think his ideal playstyle is defensive, but as soon as you get a hit, you pressure the enemy and camp their landing. Mewtwos dash attack is straight up obnoxious, its a seriously good move. When you get the enemy in the air, you close down the amount of stage they have to land on and this is where mewtwo shines. With shadow ball, dash attack, upsmash and his very good pivot grab he can make landing for opponents quite difficult. But you need to do this by actively chasing the enemy and cutting down their space. It doesnt mean being aggressive and chasing people in the air, it means you cut them off.

Mewtwo has a lot of tricks that people need to master. I've done some testing and his dtilt out of shield is actually extremely effective, you can punish attacks that most of the cast cant at all, things like a well spaced sheik fair you can dtilt oos. Nair oos of course is amazing and Logic showed on the weekend that you can even usmash oos to punish anyone who hits your shield while on a platform.

Mewtwo is a punishing character. I think that sums it up most. He can play defensively and he can punish very hard anyone who makes a mistake, the thing is it is not easy to do so. I think a good way to imagine it is like if ZSS is juggling someone. She is very good and any idiot and spam uair all day to beat dairs and airdodges, it works well. Mewtwo cant really do anything like that because of the lag on his attacks. But this is where the strength of his attacks comes into play. Mewtwo needs to rely more on baits. Imagine a scenario where someone is trying to recover by floating towards the stage and Mewtwo goes out to meet them. He keeps his distance and the enemy is wary that if they try to fair his away, they are going to cop a shadow ball. So instead they airdodge, then mewtwo just spikes them out of it. I have seen such situations play out myself when edgeguarded by a mewtwo. If mewtwo tries to bair me its easy to dodge. but when he follows me, waiting for me to make a move suddenly I realise that I need to act quick or a shadow claw is coming my way. thats when you get spiked.

For some more mewtwo tricks people should learn, and I will add that THE PLAYERS WHO MAKE MEWTWO SEEM HIGH TIER WILL USE, LAZY PEOPLE NEED NOT APPLY, is perfect spacing of a shadow claw on shield with the follow up pressure.

If you perfectly space shadow claw on an enemies shield and immediately dtilt, you will clip anyone who tries to grab or jab you out of shield. If the enemy holds shield, you can dash grab. It is extremely difficult, if not impossible to actually punish mewtwo for dtilting your shield when perfectly spaced.

So just think about that for a moment. mewtwo has a safe-on-shield approach that you can follow up with a hit/block confirm into a punish. Thats actually an extremely powerful ability in a fighting game. It might be situational, but its just one example of Mewtwo tech that players will eventually master and these first impressions of mewtwo will be useless. Most other characters just rely on hitting your shield and retreating, they cant actually punish you for shielding.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Alright children, gather round, its story time.

In the past, there was a character begged to be in Smash after being 'shafted' in the previous title, the character finally got put in. The fanboys went nuts. As the game came out it was clear this character was pretty bad and in fact found himself in the bottom tier of the first tier list. Pros and casuals alike mocked this character as being a pushover and that no one should feasibly lose.

You know what those fanboys did? They took off their skirts, logged out of tumblr and dedicated everything to the character and after year of neglect showed that the character, although very difficult to play properly, in the right hands could be a force to be reckoned with even on a national level.

I see smash 4 mewtwo as being like brawl sonic. Sonic has some glaring weaknesses in brawl, his fastest KO move was 14 frames and all of them were horribly weak and punishable on block. No projectiles, low damage, just bad. At least Pichu boasted some serious KO power and his were easier to land. Mewtwo is hard to play but with dedication, the right players will do well with him. He doesnt have an easy-mode switch and brain-dead BnB KO combos like some characters, he requires a little extra thought. Just like sonic, this will take TIME for people to learn. Sonic eventually did well because people abused the hell out of his movement options. I believe that Mewtwo will do well because people will become more and more proficient and punishing with heavy attacks. I think Mewtwo is actually the best punisher in the entire game by a significant margin. Sounds a bit like Melee peach in here.

Mewtwo has glaring weaknesses that to the casuals, make him look bad. Just like how people thought melee jigglypuff was bad because of low range and low weight. The thing is with mewtwo is that his weaknessess are extremely obvious to see. Plenty of other characters in this game have serious weaknesses but they are less obvious. Just look at Marth, he seems pretty good on the surface. Until you realise that he can not approach safely, at all. How about DDD, he cant force the enemy into a bad situation pretty much ever because hes so easy to get around, easily reflected projectile and lacks any dangerous punishes.

---

I've been playing against/as mewtwo a lot recently and I now think his ideal playstyle is defensive, but as soon as you get a hit, you pressure the enemy and camp their landing. Mewtwos dash attack is straight up obnoxious, its a seriously good move. When you get the enemy in the air, you close down the amount of stage they have to land on and this is where mewtwo shines. With shadow ball, dash attack, upsmash and his very good pivot grab he can make landing for opponents quite difficult. But you need to do this by actively chasing the enemy and cutting down their space. It doesnt mean being aggressive and chasing people in the air, it means you cut them off.

Mewtwo has a lot of tricks that people need to master. I've done some testing and his dtilt out of shield is actually extremely effective, you can punish attacks that most of the cast cant at all, things like a well spaced sheik fair you can dtilt oos. Nair oos of course is amazing and Logic showed on the weekend that you can even usmash oos to punish anyone who hits your shield while on a platform.

Mewtwo is a punishing character. I think that sums it up most. He can play defensively and he can punish very hard anyone who makes a mistake, the thing is it is not easy to do so. I think a good way to imagine it is like if ZSS is juggling someone. She is very good and any idiot and spam uair all day to beat dairs and airdodges, it works well. Mewtwo cant really do anything like that because of the lag on his attacks. But this is where the strength of his attacks comes into play. Mewtwo needs to rely more on baits. Imagine a scenario where someone is trying to recover by floating towards the stage and Mewtwo goes out to meet them. He keeps his distance and the enemy is wary that if they try to fair his away, they are going to cop a shadow ball. So instead they airdodge, then mewtwo just spikes them out of it. I have seen such situations play out myself when edgeguarded by a mewtwo. If mewtwo tries to bair me its easy to dodge. but when he follows me, waiting for me to make a move suddenly I realise that I need to act quick or a shadow claw is coming my way. thats when you get spiked.

For some more mewtwo tricks people should learn, and I will add that THE PLAYERS WHO MAKE MEWTWO SEEM HIGH TIER WILL USE, LAZY PEOPLE NEED NOT APPLY, is perfect spacing of a shadow claw on shield with the follow up pressure.

If you perfectly space shadow claw on an enemies shield and immediately dtilt, you will clip anyone who tries to grab or jab you out of shield. If the enemy holds shield, you can dash grab. It is extremely difficult, if not impossible to actually punish mewtwo for dtilting your shield when perfectly spaced.

So just think about that for a moment. mewtwo has a safe-on-shield approach that you can follow up with a hit/block confirm into a punish. Thats actually an extremely powerful ability in a fighting game. It might be situational, but its just one example of Mewtwo tech that players will eventually master and these first impressions of mewtwo will be useless. Most other characters just rely on hitting your shield and retreating, they cant actually punish you for shielding.
I feel that as Mewtwo, you should always be thinking one step ahead of your opponent's actions.
Just yesterday I pulled two short hop Fair feints to bait airdodges followed by Usmash (that move has fearsome
startup for how strong it is). Dthrow and Confusion exemplify this perfectly as neither true combo, but put the opponent in a position where the wrong action will either get punished or at least put them in a worse spot.

You also need to be able to improvise with the unique properties of his specials to avoid getting caught out,
whether it's using Confusion's jump to evade traps or using it to orient yourself in the air, using Shadow Ball's
recoil to maneuver, Teleport's horizontal momentum to mix up recoveries or short-hopping Disable to take
advantage of it's flexibility as a special.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
I find if you want to use max shadow ball never charge it to max. Because when you pull it out you can hold it out and bait a airdodge. At max it will throw automatically.

D

Deleted member

IMO I think Mewtwo's bad but not bottom of the barrel. I'd put him mid-high of the lower tiers.

This is my opinion on the "bottom tier" based on no customs:

Charizard is definitely underrated. I'm like 100% biased but I think Charizard is underrated (i has teh lizardon flair). Tons of reliable killing options, fantastic recovery, super armor, above average dash speed, fantastic grab and throws, etc. Thing that irks me the most is his aerial movement. Everything else is pretty great. Don't understand why some consider him as the worst character in the game not counting Swordfighter... I honestly think he's one of the better heavies. Better than Dedede, DK (w/o customs) , and Ganon (w/o customs) at the very least. Middle-high of bottom tier.

Falco is underrated. He's super nerfed but I honestly think he's still pretty great. His grab and throws are pretty darn good... d-throw and u-throw combo into a lot of things. His recovery is pretty good as well. Uair and bair are amazing. Bair especially, jesus christ that move is so good. His tilts are also really good for spacing. Just a fantastic character overall imo... I don't really understand why some put him bottom 5... if anything, I think he's near the top at the bottom tier (D rank?). He has a lot of flaws (fair, dair, and laz0r sucking, he's uber slow, easy to combo, etc) but I honestly think he's a lot better than most of the bottom tiers.

Meta Knight is underrated. God-tier recovery, and TONS of combos. More than some of the top tiers, even. This guy is god at gimping if you do it correctly. One of the best recoveries in the entire game. Decent killing moves, although they are risky. Biggest flaw is definitely his range. I really don't consider this guy bottom tier... at the very least, bottom of mid tier. The most recent Japanese tier list put him mid-high which is pretty close to what I think his tier placement should be. He's definitely not bottom 10.

Kirby and Robin are also underrated. Won't elaborate too much on this because I don't play them much, but based on what I know about these characters they're pretty darn solid. Kirby has mad combos and Robin has a great zoning and projectile game. I honestly don't think Robin is bottom tier... mid-bottom at the very least.

Ganon is overrated. He's extremely fun to play and to style with but he's overrated. Terrible approach options, terrible recovery, extremely darn slow, etc. The top tiers can just camp him and he can't do anything about it. Extremely vulnerable to gimps as well. I don't agree with most people considering him as mid-bottom/top of the bottom. I love Ganon and he's super fun to play (he's in my top 8 in my fighter records) but I honestly think he's bottom 8. Ganon didn't get directly buffed much from Brawl (in fact he actually got a few nerfs which I do not understand at all)... but he did get a ton of indirect ones. Ganon isn't as bad this time around because the new mechanics are rather good for him (rage, no more change grabs, no more infinites, no more edgehogging, etc)

I think the rest of what most people consider as the bottom tier are fine at their places. Most of the characters at the bottom tier should stay bottom because other characters are simply just better. MK and Robin doesn't deserve to be called bottom tier. Ganon is the only overrated bottom tier IMO. I don't agree with Zelda being underrated. She's great but other characters are better. In my opinion, not counting Mii Swordfighter, either WFT or Lucy is the worst character in the game. Not much else to say about either because they're really just not that good... which is a shame because I love Lucy.

Again, this is my opinion on the characters that most would consider the "bottom". I just wanted to share my opinion. :p
Okay, time for some positive feedback: Wii Fit Trainer doesn't suck.

And here's why

1. U-throw can combo into her uair or nair (x2 on some characters), depending on who they are.

2. She has solid aerials that can kill at extremely low %s if she pursuits the opponent offstage.

3. She can do a ledgestall via her side-b.

4. She has extremely good rushdown/pressuring potential, even if her moves don't necessarily hit.

5. She has two smash attacks that hit on both sides.

6. Nair alone is good for comboing, even without the u-throw setup.

7. F-throw can link into a soccer ball if the enemy is either big enough of jumps out of fear.

8. Wii Fit Has tilts that can create space between oppponents, and in some cases, combo.

9. By quickly mashing B, you can greatly extended Wii Fit's Recovery.

10. Wii Fit's sweetspotted Bair can really make opponents Fit...into the blastzone.

In my own opinion, Wii Fit Trainer was designed to perfectly represent her series: You always have to be doing something. You can't just camp around, and try to edgeguard, and expect success. You have to be applying pressure on opponents whenever possible, barely (if ever) taking a break to return to neutral. My Wii Fit Trainer is probably one of the best their is, and that's because I play her offensively.

Now stretch your fingers and make people fit!...to die :4wiifit::4wiifitm:

D

Deleted member

Just a note to everybody: People, just saying. STOP CALLING ME A CASUAL! AND STOP SAYING THAT MY MEWTWO GETS DESTROYED! Just because I find a character bad doesn't mean I'm a noob, dam***!, Stop jumping to braindead conclusions just because I have an opinion! I never said that I couldn't win as Mewtwo, I just know he's bad. That's it. I have won tournaments with my Mario and Falco, and I can tell you that Mewtwo is bad for a fact! As much as I don't really care for the "big names" of Smash (since I don't idolize them), I will say that Mew2King was right in the sense that Mewtwo is an underwhelming character. And people shouldn't bash me for my opinion either. Being the person that I am, I automatically gravitate towards offensive play and action in-general. You should be able to respect that. That's also the reason why I don't like Smash 4 Mewtwo, he's too defensive. He's a boring waste of time.

And I find it perfectly justified to not want him to return if he can't thrive in a Smash environment, just like you wouldn't tell your friend to go into a huge fire if he wasn't a firefighter.

Edit: And another problem is that, just like what you guys were saying: This isn't melee, which means that there aren't a plethora of new techs, combos, and strategies that we can learn to make Mewtwo better. Smash 4 Mewtwo did get nerfed, because unlike Melee-two, Sm4sh-two isn't capable of having the same potential that Melee Mewtwo did, if not for the simpler system in Smash 4, then because the general lack of depth in the game. Smash 4 itself feels more like a Brawl Hack then it does a new (or different) game.

In my opinion, I think that if you were to rip Melee Mewtwo into this game, then he would be much better than what we've gotten here.

Smash 4 Mewtwo - 4/10

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Just a note to everybody: People, just saying. STOP CALLING ME A CASUAL! AND STOP SAYING THAT MY MEWTWO GETS DESTROYED! Just because I find a character bad doesn't mean I'm a noob, dam***!, Stop jumping to braindead conclusions just because I have an opinion! I never said that I couldn't win as Mewtwo, I just know he's bad. That's it. I have won tournaments with my Mario and Falco, and I can tell you that Mewtwo is bad for a fact! As much as I don't really care for the "big names" of Smash (since I don't idolize them), I will say that Mew2King was right in the sense that Mewtwo is an underwhelming character. And people shouldn't bash me for my opinion either. Being the person that I am, I automatically gravitate towards offensive play and action in-general. You should be able to respect that. That's also the reason why I don't like Smash 4 Mewtwo, he's too defensive. He's a boring waste of time.

And I find it perfectly justified to not want him to return if he can't thrive in a Smash environment, just like you wouldn't tell your friend to go into a huge fire if he wasn't a firefighter.
If you are going to whine about a character being bad in a game which has occasional balance patches you're like those 16 year old girls who get limosines for the birthday but burst in tears and hating your parents because you wanted a pink one instead of a black one

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler

Edit: And another problem is that, just like what you guys were saying: This isn't melee, which means that there aren't a plethora of new techs, combos, and strategies that we can learn to make Mewtwo better. Smash 4 Mewtwo did get nerfed, because unlike Melee-two, Sm4sh-two isn't capable of having the same potential that Melee Mewtwo did, if not for the simpler system in Smash 4, then because the general lack of depth in the game. Smash 4 itself feels more like a Brawl Hack then it does a new (or different) game.

In my opinion, I think that if you were to rip Melee Mewtwo into this game, then he would be much better than what we've gotten here.

Smash 4 Mewtwo - 2/10
why are you even posting here if all your gonna say is that this :4mewtwo: is crap we get it you don't like the charcter and honestly who cares its :4mewtwo: so if you don't have anything to say besides he is bad maybe you should just leave this thread and let actualy people who want to play as mewtwo enjoy it and not have to listen to "mewtwo's bad" every time they open the thread

D

Deleted member

If you are going to whine about a character being bad in a game which has occasional balance patches you're like those 16 year old girls who get limosines for the birthday but burst in tears and hating your parents because you wanted a pink one instead of a black one
You could've just shortened that up to a "spoiled brat" ya' know. But the point is that Sakurai won't patch the game if there isn't a high demand for a patch. I don't know if Nintendo looks around on Smashboards, but if they do, and they see me, the other people complaining, and the other load of people from other websites (such as youtube) complaining, then Sakurai will patch the game. It's all about making your digital voice heard.

D

Deleted member

I quote Cranky Kong and think you just have to play better. If the play style does not suit you then you should probably try someone else instead.

Blind hate of mewtwo in smash doesn't do much for discussion unfortunately.
See? this again. I don't suck at the game. That's a misconception.

And Mewtwo is my favorite character. That's the only reason why I haven't flat-out abandoned him already. I don't care about the other characters, I care about Mewtwo. And the fact that I waited six months just to be Psystruck down in the form of getting an unviable character, is a shame and a pity.

Browny

Smash Hater

Smash 4 Mewtwo - 2/10
If everything you said wasnt utterly disproved with what happened with Brawl sonic, it might make more sense.

Funnily enough M2K was part of the crowd saying he was awful too.

A character with as many tricks and options as Mewtwo has a lot of room to be developed while linear characters like Samus, Doc and some others really cant do much other than hope the enemy falls into their KO moves. Mewtwo can exert too much pressure offstage, with shadowball and his KO throws compared to many other characters.

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul

Smash 4 Mewtwo - 2/10
2/10?

No. That's your opinion and yours alone.

It's honestly pathetic/sad to see you going on like this, yet you have Mewtwo as your main for EVERY single game. If you don't want to be 'bashed' for your opinion, don't come along to the Mewtwo boards, which is MEWTWO central, and tell us he's crap. We all love the character and are all giving him a chance but if you can't honestly be bothered, then instead of complaining about it, use your other characters and forget Mewtwo even exists in the game.

Nobody ever said you were a noob. You're just carrying on like one. The salt is real because you didn't get Mewtwo the way you wanted him. We never wanted a glorified, top tier Mewtwo because then everybody would spam him. He's fine how he is. He may have his weaknesses but they're easy enough to get around with practice and effort.

You make it out like he's the worst in the game. We don't see it that way.

D

Deleted member

If everything you said wasnt utterly disproved with what happened with Brawl sonic, it might make more sense.

Funnily enough M2K was part of the crowd saying he was awful too.

A character with as many tricks and options as Mewtwo has a lot of room to be developed while linear characters like Samus, Doc and some others really cant do much other than hope the enemy falls into their KO moves. Mewtwo can exert too much pressure offstage, with shadowball and his KO throws compared to many other characters.
So Mewtwo's a skill-cap character. I wouldn't mind this if everybody was, like in Melee. But when you have a character that requires all of your skill to be a contender, then you have braindead characters that are already good from the get-go...

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
2/10?

No. That's your opinion and yours alone.

It's honestly pathetic/sad to see you going on like this, yet you have Mewtwo as your main for EVERY single game. If you don't want to be 'bashed' for your opinion, don't come along to the Mewtwo boards, which is MEWTWO central, and tell us he's crap. We all love the character and are all giving him a chance but if you can't honestly be bothered, then instead of complaining about it, use your other characters and forget Mewtwo even exists in the game.

Nobody ever said you were a noob. You're just carrying on like one. The salt is real because you didn't get Mewtwo the way you wanted him. We never wanted a glorified, top tier Mewtwo because then everybody would spam him. He's fine how he is. He may have his weaknesses but they're easy enough to get around with practice and effort.

You make it out like he's the worst in the game. We don't see it that way.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Ok, after reading the last few pages, I've got a couple things to add here but there might be pointless rambling. XD

Now, like most of you here, I am a huge Mewtwo fan. I have been since watching Mewtwo Strikes Back for the first time when I was really little. Then when Melee came out, I couldn't afford the GameCube but fortunately one of my friends owned one along with Melee. Back then I was impressed with the roster in the game compared to 64 which I mostly played back in the day. Unfortunately, I don't remember playing Melee that much but I do remember being amazed that Mewtwo was in it.

I was disappointed that he didn't come back for Brawl but I had great fun playing with Wolf and Sonic.

Right now, I'm still anxiously waiting for the 28th so Nintendo can take my money and I can get Mewtwo despite his flaws. From the gameplay videos I watch, I can point out a few flaws here and there but I won't let that rain on my excitement. Honestly, there is a chance that I will love how Mewtwo plays in Smash 4 and there is a chance that I won't. Not every character fits everyone but I'm willing to take the time from my kinda busy schedule to play Mewtwo. If he isn't the character for me than so be it but it will be worth testing him out and seeing how he works. He could take Yoshi's place as my main. Anything could happen but either way it will be worth it.

D

Deleted member

This whole situation could've been avoided if you all had just let it go when I initially said that he sucked.

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
This whole situation could've been avoided if you all had just let it go when I initially said that he sucked.
Da ****?! That's like going to a basketball game, going up to all the fans of one of the teams and saying "Hey, your team is awful!! BUT, if you start to argue with me and defend your team like you rightfully should, YOU'RE IN THE WRONG!!!"

Seriously, either take that 20 foot pole out of your ass, or complain somewhere else

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804

That's the best joke I've heard all day.
The whole situation could have been avoided if you didn't come in here ******** about you can't play Mewtwo well because you don't like his style. You could simply have said that he doesn't fit your style and left it at that.

D

Deleted member

You shouldn't bash people because of their opinions...

Spirst

Okay, I'm really getting tired of this now. Part of the reason I haven't been here much or contributed is because of that lingering toxic atmosphere I abhor.

Mario Smith, I think you're failing to realize that there's a point where you should just stop shouting your opinions to the world and saying people should respect them on the basis of it just being an opinion. Each post I've seen from you while lurking has been extremely negative and nobody wants to deal with that when they're trying to push forward and develop a character as best they can. While venting your frustrations is okay, keep in mind that this is a subforum dedicated primarily to the competitive advancement of Mewtwo as a smash character. Constantly saying he's trash and how you won tournaments so you would know contributes absolutely nothing of worth here. If you want to stick around, then try to help us learn the character more as opposed to being in the background saying, "He sucks." You're wasting your time otherwise.

To be honest, I'm going to start treating it as spam if I see it continue to happen.

For everyone else, let's not get sucked into the whole conflict either, hard as that may be. Internet arguments are usually pretty petty in the first place and I think we should prioritize promoting a healthier atmosphere here rather than trying to discredit someone's argument. You'd be surprised at how much growth can occur when there's a lack of toxicity.

So yeah, I've always been here but I'm stepping in because this really needs to stop now.

Top Bottom