• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

C3CC

Smash Lord
You are a great person :awesome:
Thanks :D It isn't much anyway, only four dollars compared to giving a kid (especially him being my little cousin, who I consider like a little brother) the joy of playing as the awesome Mewtwo is nothing. It makes it worth it :D

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Well, I think it's time I stop watching this thread. There's nothing more for me to add here. See ya guys later! :drfacepalm:
Aw... I'm really sorry to hear that. You're such a nice person to talk with, and it just won't be the same without you. You have so much to contribute, man! But, if you really feel like you need to go, then do so, but just remember that you'll always be welcome here:).
Nooooooooo!!!! But who will like all my posts and make me feel special?
... *Ahem*

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I honestly can't blame the guy.
The Mewtwo hype has seriously died down since his release. We've got the guy, what more is there to it? Besides of course analysing his MU's and such...but that's a topic for a different thread.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Hype dying can be good. We can actually look at his kit and ponder why Mewtwo's weight is based on his mega evolution.

Regular Mewtwo in canon is 279 pounds.

Mega Y is 72 pounds. Big departure.

Even then though in canon pikachu is only 13 pounds.

Jiggs is 12 pounds.

Doesn't make sense.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
You know, I recall when I and several others had an argument with another member. He/she claimed that Mewtwo was going to be some purposefully super overpowered character that couldn't be used in tournaments or any game mode but regular Smash battles...for literally no reason. The person literally had no logic as to why that would even be the case. I just remembered that when he/she got proven wrong on this, I'd say "I told you so.". Well, Mewtwo is here and perfectly tourney legal.

So whoever you were..

I told you so.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
What's that? Is It like a Mecha-King Ghidorah ripoff?
No. That is Diekuu Ohrowchee Revived, from The Wonderful 101. He is the pet of GEATHJERK Officer, 6th Class, Laambo, who serves as the boss of Operation 001 in conjunction with Ohrowchee. He was originally completely organic, but a serious injury led to him being turned into a cyborg. Ohrowchee can breathe intense balls of flame and spit blobs of a super-sticky gelatinous substance, both of which are created in Ohrowchee's stomach thanks to its diet of various ores. Ohrowchee is also capable of firing off powerful laser beams, and its rightmost head can turn its tongue from flesh to a durable metal material, allowing it to be effectively used as a large sword.
While Diekuu Ohrowchee Revived was obviously inspired by Mecha King Ghidorah, I hardly think that "ripoff" is an accurate description. Especially when Ohrowchee is so much more powerful than Ghidorah.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Hype dying can be good. We can actually look at his kit and ponder why Mewtwo's weight is based on his mega evolution.

Regular Mewtwo in canon is 279 pounds.

Mega Y is 72 pounds. Big departure.

Even then though in canon pikachu is only 13 pounds.

Jiggs is 12 pounds.

Doesn't make sense.
I wouldn't look at the weight.
I'd look at the type.

Mewtwo is a Psychic type Pokemon, and his trophy even explains that his weight is due to his floaty telekinetic nature.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Sounds like an excuse. I would be more forgiving if he was a ghost type.

I'll never understand Charizard's terrible aerial prowess either but he can still hold his own. Despite his mega flying like a boss. What I would give for a hover on zard. The wings that make a sound in mega form sound powerful.

I would say Charizard can go places Mewtwo can't. Grabs and Super Armor abound.

Someone related Mewtwo to Akuma. High Power. Low Stamina. Except Akuma can reliably set up combos without needing a hard read. Not to mention having short and long distance teleports.

Definitely gonna practice more but Mewtwo seems campy.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
i can now faithly say i can two stock for glory players with mewtwo.Not saying much because it's for glory but still good to know i'm making progress

Last edited by a moderator:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Sounds like an excuse. I would be more forgiving if he was a ghost type.

I'll never understand Charizard's terrible aerial prowess either but he can still hold his own. Despite his mega flying like a boss. What I would give for a hover on zard. The wings that make a sound in mega form sound powerful.

I would say Charizard can go places Mewtwo can't. Grabs and Super Armor abound.

Someone related Mewtwo to Akuma. High Power. Low Stamina. Except Akuma can reliably set up combos without needing a hard read. Not to mention having short and long distance teleports.

Definitely gonna practice more but Mewtwo seems campy.
Well...
He does use Shadow Ball...

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
No. That is Diekuu Ohrowchee Revived, from The Wonderful 101. He is the pet of GEATHJERK Officer, 6th Class, Laambo, who serves as the boss of Operation 001 in conjunction with Ohrowchee. He was originally completely organic, but a serious injury led to him being turned into a cyborg. Ohrowchee can breathe intense balls of flame and spit blobs of a super-sticky gelatinous substance, both of which are created in Ohrowchee's stomach thanks to its diet of various ores. Ohrowchee is also capable of firing off powerful laser beams, and its rightmost head can turn its tongue from flesh to a durable metal material, allowing it to be effectively used as a large sword.
While Diekuu Ohrowchee Revived was obviously inspired by Mecha King Ghidorah, I hardly think that "ripoff" is an accurate description. Especially when Ohrowchee is so much more powerful than Ghidorah.
I see. Ohrowchee=Orochi. I see what they did there.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
So i came up with some custom specials for mewtwo out of boredom and speculation on the sheer ammount of potential th character has.
Neutral 2: Flamethrower(makes the jab2 animation and generates flames from his hand similar in range to chaizard's nuetral b but with a thinner more concentrated stream of flames. can be angled up or down.)

neutral 3: entangling shadowball(a very slow projectile similar to entangling aura sphere)

side 2: psychic - functions similarly to Confusion but you have full control over their vectors for a very short time.

side 3: psycho cut - produces an active hit box infront of mewtwo with the same range as confusion that deals multiple slashing hits.

down b 2: ice beam. a slim midrange projectile that goes in a straight line about half the length of battlefield. Deals moderate damage and freezes upon a succesful hit.

Down B 3: Barrier. Creates a barrier around mewtwo for a second, bouncing off any attacks that would've hit during that moment and dealing a decent amount knock back and a minor ammount of damage to opponents caught in the barrier.

up b 2: teleporting thunder - a thunderbolt strikes down on mewtwo disappearing and reappearing. several frames of the dissapearance hitbox have super armour.

up b 3: sneaky teleport - has little range but you can act out of it upon reappearing(honestly couldn't think of anything else to do with teleport after the second one)

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Can't argue with you there. I'm happy Bowser Ganon and Mewtwo are all back in one package again.

Fact of the day: Mewtwo's Mega Evolution is the only Mega Evolution you can't control directly.Suffice to say I was kinda bummed.

Edit: Fair is pretty much Psycho Cut. Also no Damaging Teleport for a custom? No damaging Shadow Ball?

I would even go for throwing a Shadow ball in any direction you want with directional input!

Last edited:

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
telporting thunder is the damaging up b, i thought i made that kind of clear with how a thunderbolt strikes when he dissappears and reappears there ^^; @Fair: fair enough(heh), but i dunno it felt like side b needed a non-grab variant and i thought it'd be cool if it was a multi-hit MK tornado-like move for increasing mewtwo's punish/sheild pressure game.The directional shadowball input is pretty cool as well though i still like the idea of mewtwo setting things on fire. that is way more original than the lazy copying of lucario's best custom neutral i did for the third slot though XD; As for one that damages when it charges ideally i think shadowball should just be patched to do that in general since it's so weird and dumb that it doesn't but aura sphere does.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Doesn't make sense.
Welcome to the pokedex, where Wailord is less dense then air and Blastoise is a shellfish. Let's also not forget that Pidgeot can supposedly fly at mach-2 speeds and Ponyta's hooves are harder then diamond.

The pokedex, in the wise words of Sir Frederick the Wary, is "a load of pegasus dung."

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
I also feel Mewtwo's entire roll should be invincible. It's only invincible for like 1-3 frames meanwhile Rosalina and I think Palutena have a complete invincible roll throughout the animation. If they want Mewtwo to be an Akuma Archetype I think he should have that kind of roll. As it stands a Ashura Senku it is not.

Welcome to the pokedex, where Wailord is less dense then air and Blastoise is a shellfish. Let's also not forget that Pidgeot can supposedly fly at mach-2 speeds and Ponyta's hooves are harder then diamond.

The pokedex, in the wise words of Sir Frederick the Wary, is "a load of pegasus dung."
Pokedex descriptions are written by a 10 year old. Weight and stats are not. And that is what Magius shall decree.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I am not sure if this has been discovered or not, but Confusion into U-tilt is a combo.
Also, Mewtwo can go under just about any stage, I'll list some examples:

Battlefield: drop of ledge by pressing back -> hold forward -> use Confusion, when under the stage, aerial jump -> Up-B

Final Destination: go offstage facing away from it -> Fully charged shadow ball recoil -> when near or exactly under stage, Confusion -> Double jump -> Up-B

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977

Also, in physics, my friend and I calculated that in order for Gengar to cool the surrounding area by 10 degrees, the amount of Joules required to do that is equivalent to approximately the sun.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Pokedex descriptions are written by a 10 year old. Weight and stats are not. And that is what Magius shall decree.
May I repeat the part where I pointed out Wailord is less dense then air? Because according to it's height and weight, it is.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
May I repeat the part where I pointed out Wailord is less dense then air? Because according to it's height and weight, it is.
I don't really pay attention to the description. Since you know Arceus and Mew with the whole God of all Pokemon and Mew being the ancestor of all Pokemon and all that fluff.

Daybreak

Busy busy busy~
NNID
DaybreakPlz
3DS FC
1091-8175-8810
Switch FC
SW-6555-9639-6872
@ ミスティック Speed ミスティック Speed

Here's the video of you against Masano. Would have been up quicker, but there were some technical difficulties(youtube's fault).

Pretty decent match on both ends.

Last edited:

Altair357

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Altair357
3DS FC
5284-1411-2846
Fact of the day: Mewtwo's Mega Evolution is the only Mega Evolution you can't control directly.Suffice to say I was kinda bummed.
I see it like this: the three Mega Evolution final smashes are all different types of moves. Lucario gets a power boost, but keeps his moveset. Charizard's moveset changes, but he's still controllable. Mewtwo's is just an attack.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
I am not sure if this has been discovered or not, but Confusion into U-tilt is a combo.
Also, Mewtwo can go under just about any stage, I'll list some examples:

Battlefield: drop of ledge by pressing back -> hold forward -> use Confusion, when under the stage, aerial jump -> Up-B

Final Destination: go offstage facing away from it -> Fully charged shadow ball recoil -> when near or exactly under stage, Confusion -> Double jump -> Up-B
So does that mean they can't jump out of it before you U-tilt? If so, that's cool. I'll test it out.

Range

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2079-7847-2811
@ ミスティック Speed ミスティック Speed

Here's the video of you against Masano. Would have been up quicker, but there were some technical difficulties(youtube's fault).

Pretty decent match on both ends.
Wow, looks like I'll need to heavily polish my Mewtwo game.

Also, it might just be me, but when my enemies are at 100% plus, I use disable into fully charged D-smash. Guarantees kills earlier than U-throw, although it is harder to land.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Why? In my opinion, transformation Final Smashes are way too prevalent in this game. I mean, a few transformation Final Smashes here and there are awesome, but when they're everywhere, I think they lose their novelty pretty quickly. Mega Lucario and Mega Charizard X aren't anything particularly special to me, mostly due to the many other similar Final Smashes, and I was pretty worried that Mewtwo would suffer a similar fate. I was overjoyed when I saw that Mewtwo's Final Smash was an attack, and a completely awesome one at that, instead of just another transformation. That's just my personal opinion, though.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Just going to leave this here

Thanks 13-bit

And im going to say it

I should definatly go battle online

I got to do online mode on smash 4 for wii u (before you judge i have done wi-fi on 3ds)

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Why? In my opinion, transformation Final Smashes are way too prevalent in this game. I mean, a few transformation Final Smashes here and there are awesome, but when they're everywhere, I think they lose their novelty pretty quickly. Mega Lucario and Mega Charizard X aren't anything particularly special to me, mostly due to the many other similar Final Smashes, and I was pretty worried that Mewtwo would suffer a similar fate. I was overjoyed when I saw that Mewtwo's Final Smash was an attack, and a completely awesome one at that, instead of just another transformation. That's just my personal opinion, though.
I agree. I like transformations and all, but there's a bit too much. Mewtwo's is perfect because it represents Mega Mewtwo Y and at the same time it's not another transformation FS. Not too mention, it's a freaking brain explosion.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Nooooooooo!!!! But who will like all my posts and make me feel special?
You can always tag me of you want me back I'm here.
I honestly can't blame the guy.
The Mewtwo hype has seriously died down since his release. We've got the guy, what more is there to it? Besides of course analysing his MU's and such...but that's a topic for a different thread.
It's not even that. It's just I feel as if I have done what I'm worth in this thread. Same for K. Rool, Isaac, and Lucas threads. I've just done what I've set out to do.

So with that. :drfacepalm:

Top Bottom