• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I personally think every veteran should return and at least become semi clones or get original movesets
As nice as that would be, it's just not plausible. It's simply way too much work for Sakurai and the devs. It's much easier to copy a character's code and change it up some, rather than create an entirely new character. Clones take 1/6th the development time of a unique character, so they're relatively easy to create and implement. I mean, I agree that it would be awesome to see most of the clones de-cloned (Except for maybe Dr. Mario. Pre-Brawl Mario is awesome!), but I just don't think it's possible.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
As nice as that would be, it's just not plausible. It's simply way too much work for Sakurai and the devs. It's much easier to copy a character's code and change it up some, rather than create an entirely new character. Clones take 1/6th the development time of a unique character, so they're relatively easy to create and implement. I mean, I agree that it would be awesome to see most of the clones de-cloned (Except for maybe Dr. Mario. Pre-Brawl Mario is awesome!), but I just don't think it's possible.
What I meant was take these:roymelee::younglinkmelee::pichumelee::4lucina::4darkpit:
And give them the treatment of these guys:ganondorf::falco:
Dr Mario can stay the same as he feels different enough

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Dark Pit and Lucina have so much untapped potential it isn't even funny.

Dark Pit
Other weapon types not shown in the game.

Lucina
Great Lord class and skills. Also a Chrom skin whilst replacing Chrom in the final smash with Morgan.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
What I meant was take these:roymelee::younglinkmelee::pichumelee::4lucina::4darkpit:
And give them the treatment of these guys:ganondorf::falco:
Dr Mario can stay the same as he feels different enough
Still, I don't know how easy it would be to do that. Yes, a lot of code can be copied from the original characters, but a lot of code also has to be written independently from the original character. I don't know enough about semi-clones to really speak on the subject, but I would imagine that it's still no small job to undertake.

As for Dark Pit, I'd like to see him have a version Brawl Pit's move set, similar to Dr. Mario's relationship with Mario. It'd be a nice way to please fans of Pit's Brawl move set, and I personally think that it'd just be cool in general.
I don't know enough Lucina and Chrom to speak on their behalf, but I'm skeptical on how Chrom would work as an Alt. Just from looking at him, he seems taller and more muscularly built compared to Lucina. I'm inclined to say that he's closer to Ike in terms of overall structure.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Still, I don't know how easy it would be to do that. Yes, a lot of code can be copied from the original characters, but a lot of code also has to be written independently from the original character. I don't know enough about semi-clones to really speak on the subject, but I would imagine that it's still no small job to undertake.

As for Dark Pit, I'd like to see him have a version Brawl Pit's move set, similar to Dr. Mario's relationship with Mario. It'd be a nice way to please fans of Pit's Brawl move set, and I personally think that it'd just be cool in general.
I don't know enough Lucina and Chrom to speak on their behalf, but I'm skeptical on how Chrom would work as an Alt. Just from looking at him, he seems taller and more muscularly built compared to Lucina. I'm inclined to say that he's closer to Ike in terms of overall structure.
Smash Bros greatly exaggerates Chrom's body structure.

Plus it makes sense seeing as Lucina shares all of Chrom's classes and she wields the same sword as him.

She also learnt how to fight from Chrom

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
I meant for the next smash, not as DLC
Well for the next Smash I hope Bowser has his new voice that he should of had and Ganon animates more like Ganon and not Falcon.

It is probably best on putting it on platforms that can handle 16 fighters at once. And I imagine the new grab mechanics in smash 4 might mess with IC's grab game. Didn't they have a mean chain grab?

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
-Noooope, changed my mind about Mewtwo.

He's incredibly fun to play!
Shadowball + confusion shenanigans, Jab confirm into grab / disable, bair doing a good job of catching opponents off-guard, great dash-attack to catch rolling opponents, dtilt combos (weak, but reliable), great forward smash!

Yeah, his teleport still sucks, but i've had a great time playing online today.
He still might not be high-tier material, but he's definitely mid-tier (at least) this time around.

...just have to play more defensive.
Whenever i tried to be more offensive, i got destroyed. (Except against Jigglypuffs)

cstonic

NNID
spindashupair
3DS FC
3711-8023-0131
Switch FC
SW-5972-4790-7111

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Vouching on him being mid tier. Yes his negatives are very finite, his positives are very prominent as well. Patch his weight up to Mario's or at least like 85 and he would be legitimately great and not just alright.

I read here that someone wanted Confusion to put him at advantage (more than it already does lol) and I'm just like, nooooo. You don't want someone with the strongest non-aura (Lucario) projectile in the game when fully charged (Yes Shadow Ball is that ridiculous) with a competent reflector and good command grab to have said grab guarantee advantage. That's not even a flaw that needs fixing, anyone that isn't Sheik has to jump away out of Confusion on the ground (in the air it's even nastier with better advantage) which positions them for followups. No aerial can be thrown out after grounded confusion, Mewtwo can just shield it and then grab them if they mash out aerial.

Realistically the only thing holding him back from being at the low end of high is his weight, god damn it. Otherwise he tramples the low tiers, fares good against middling chars, does okayish vs. high and just loses to the top, from my experience. He loses to rushdown pretty hard, and the truth of this is that it's genuinely only the top tiers that can get away with it to the extent of it being a large issue for Mewtwo, as opposed to most of the cast being rushdown-esque in a way.

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Super late to the party in regards to the Smaug posts, but I reeeaally wanted to share it, and I finally found it on my desktop:
original (4).jpg

C3CC

Smash Lord
I have a really cool story :) So my little cousin turned 12 last Wednesday and he asked for a Wii U for a birthday present, along with Smash. Since he lives in the US and I live in Venezuela, we played online. We decided we would have a videocall on Skype while we played so we could talk. The first match we had, he chose Mario, and I chose Mewtwo. When he saw Mewtwo, he went crazy. "OH MY GOD!!! IT'S MEWTWO!!! How do I unlock him?! You HAVE to tell me!!!"

He had no idea Mewtwo was in the game. There's the internet now and it's pretty much impossible to not know the roster before the game comes out, but since he barely uses the internet (he's more of an outdoors kid), he didn't know. Somehow, I know my cousin got the same surprise most of us got when Mewtwo challenged us back in Melee when we were kids. He was in total shock, and wouldn't stop saying "Wooooow!!". It felt awesome :')

Then, I told him that Mewtwo was not unlockable, but a downloadable content instead. He went "Awww :(" when I told him he had to pay for him, and then he said that he wouldn't have him because his parents wouldn't let him use their credit cards to buy him, so I promised him I'm going to buy Mewtwo for him on the 28th with mine. One can't just let nowadays kids go on around the world with their lives without knowing the glory that is playing as the reawakened legend, you know.

Last edited:

BZero

Smash Journeyman
NNID
brand23
I have a really cool story :) So my little cousin turned 12 last Wednesday and he asked for a Wii U for a birthday present, along with Smash. Since he lives in the US and I live in Venezuela, we played online. We decided we would have a videocall on Skype while we played so we could talk. The first match we had, he chose Mario, and I chose Mewtwo. When he saw Mewtwo, he went crazy. "OH MY GOD!!! IT'S MEWTWO!!! How do I unlock him?! You HAVE to tell me!!!"

He had no idea Mewtwo was in the game. There's the internet now and it's pretty much impossible to not know the roster before the game comes out, but since he barely uses the internet (he's more of an outdoors kid), he didn't know. Somehow, I know my cousin got the same surprise most of us got when Mewtwo challenged us back in Melee when we were kids. He was in total shock, and wouldn't stop saying "Wooooow!!". It felt awesome :')

Then, I told him that Mewtwo was not unlockable, but a downloadable content instead. He went "Awww :(" when I told him he had to pay for him, and then he said that he wouldn't have him because his parents wouldn't let him use their credit cards to buy him, so I promised him I'm going to buy Mewtwo for him on the 28th with mine. One can't just let nowadays kids go on around the world with their lives without knowing the glory that is playing as the reawakened legend, you know.
You are a great person :awesome:

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Yeah personally his weight is what kills him just like it killed him in Melee so the core problem was never dealt with.

Dude is lighter then Pikachu.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
So quick question, which game do you guys think gave Mewtwo the better Final Smash, Smash 4 or Project M?

For the uneducated, PM Mewtwo's FS, also called "Psystrike", is essentially a 10x powerful variation of Lucario's.

Even though it copies Lucario's, I don't think it makes it any less rad, lol. It was amazing to use in free for alls when I had friends over playing.

Smash 4's Psystrike is pretty great too, but I think it's disappointing how the trailer made it look like there was a cinematic of the characters getting caught in it when it turns out that was just video editing.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
So quick question, which game do you guys think gave Mewtwo the better Final Smash, Smash 4 or Project M?

For the uneducated, PM Mewtwo's FS, also called "Psystrike", is essentially a 10x powerful variation of Lucario's.

Even though it copies Lucario's, I don't think it makes it any less rad, lol. It was amazing to use in free for alls when I had friends over playing.

Smash 4's Psystrike is pretty great too, but I think it's disappointing how the trailer made it look like there was a cinematic of the characters getting caught in it when it turns out that was just video editing.
Smash 4, no contest. Project M's Psystrike is cool and all, but it doesn't fit Mewtwo nearly as well as SSB4's Psystrike does, nor does it even approach SSB4's level of sheer awesomeness. Mewtwo's Final Smash in SSB4 is much better, in my opinion.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Smash 4. Although I would prefer to play as Mewtwo Y all the time if only to justify the weight class.

In Smash 4 Psystrike looks like it does in the games.

Lucario and PM M2 is a bonafide Hyper Beam.

And the Smash 4 FS ignores invincibility.

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
SSB4's version of Psystrike makes it look like the enemy's head is about to explode ala Scanners, so it wins by default. I would relish the opportunity to watch certain characters' heads explode in a gory mess, lemme tell you.

Iblistech

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NeosCross
3DS FC
3179-6577-8881
Switch FC
SW-7096-0760-2425
Sm4sh's Psystrike, hands down. It's faithful to how the move looks in the main series Pokemon games.

Last edited:

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
how can P:M even call it psystrike? it doesnt look that in the games at all. now that is a new level of lazyness

Smash 4 all the way
Maybe they were going something along the lines of:
"Well, it's an irrefutable FACT Lucario is a Mewtwo-clone. So let's give him the same Final Smash!!!"

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Let's be fair here, folks. Project M is only a mod. It's not that the PMDT is lazy or they think Mewtwo is a Lucario clone, it's just they have a lot of limitations working with Brawl modding.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910

I know that you shouldn't be hit by reverse warlock punch anyway but this is pretty funny.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Well, I think it's time I stop watching this thread. There's nothing more for me to add here. See ya guys later! :drfacepalm:

BZero

Smash Journeyman
NNID
brand23
Mew2's FS in Smash 4, cause... Well it's just better. (I have no specific reason)
It's also mega mewtwo y for Pete's sake.

Top Bottom