• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Hey! Look what I found! It's a new leak/rumor that sort of piggybacks on the Ryu/Roy rumor! Basically, if you don't feel like reading the entire article, which is admittedly pretty long, the two big takeaways are:

-There's 5 unoccupied character slots in Smash 4's code. That means that, in addition to Lucas and possibly Roy and Ryu, we can potentially get two other DLC characters.

-There are 7 unused stage slots, and one of them is probably going to be a Kirby stage of some sort, because a lot of Kirby tracks were found in the game's code, as well.

If I'm not mistaken, the Roy and Ryu rumor has some pretty solid ground to stand on, since at least 5 other unique claims have been made since the initial one. Also, Roy makes sense to me, personally. I mean, he's a clone of Marth, so he wouldn't take too much time to develop, and I believe he has the strongest following of the remaining Melee vets, as well as one of the strongest followings of any cut veteran.
Ryu is a little out there, especially since Capcom already has a rep, but he seems like a reasonable addition. Licensing won't be as difficult, since Nintendo is already working with Ryu's owner, and it could be pretty interesting to see how a traditional fighter would transition into a game like Smash. Now, granted, I don't play any other fighting games (Pokkén Tournament will change that), so I know next to nothing about Ryu, but I'm still intrigued by how he would work in SSB4.
Also, Wolf is pretty much a shoo-in at this point, so, assuming Roy and Ryu are actually coming, that leaves one other DLC character, at least at this point. Obviously, if this leak turns out to be true, then that last character slot would go to the DLC Ballot winner. I think that it all lines up pretty nicely, and I'm inclined to believe that all of this is true, but I think that I'm going to keep sitting on the fence until more evidence surfaces, be it for or against the leak.
Objection.

"Unoccupied slots" is an issue the Project M team has to work around. Not the Smash 4 team. Was there an "unoccupied slot" before Mewtwo was announced?

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Mewtwo was never a clone.
Ganondorf, though I feel he's unjustified, is a semi-clone, isn't he? More different from Falcon then Roy was from Marth, at least.
Perhaps Roy could have better frame data than most swordsmen to compensate not spacing properly?

One thing's for sure: if Ryu gets in the game, Dr. Mario players will like him.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
The five unused slots are for one character. Ridley. Obviously. Not Ridley is a stage hazard while Real Ridley is playable.

Hardy har har

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
Hey! Look what I found! It's a new leak/rumor that sort of piggybacks on the Ryu/Roy rumor! Basically, if you don't feel like reading the entire article, which is admittedly pretty long, the two big takeaways are:

-There's 5 unoccupied character slots in Smash 4's code. That means that, in addition to Lucas and possibly Roy and Ryu, we can potentially get two other DLC characters.

-There are 7 unused stage slots, and one of them is probably going to be a Kirby stage of some sort, because a lot of Kirby tracks were found in the game's code, as well.

If I'm not mistaken, the Roy and Ryu rumor has some pretty solid ground to stand on, since at least 5 other unique claims have been made since the initial one. Also, Roy makes sense to me, personally. I mean, he's a clone of Marth, so he wouldn't take too much time to develop, and I believe he has the strongest following of the remaining Melee vets, as well as one of the strongest followings of any cut veteran.
Ryu is a little out there, especially since Capcom already has a rep, but he seems like a reasonable addition. Licensing won't be as difficult, since Nintendo is already working with Ryu's owner, and it could be pretty interesting to see how a traditional fighter would transition into a game like Smash. Now, granted, I don't play any other fighting games (Pokkén Tournament will change that), so I know next to nothing about Ryu, but I'm still intrigued by how he would work in SSB4.
Also, Wolf is pretty much a shoo-in at this point, so, assuming Roy and Ryu are actually coming, that leaves one other DLC character, at least at this point. Obviously, if this leak turns out to be true, then that last character slot would go to the DLC Ballot winner. I think that it all lines up pretty nicely, and I'm inclined to believe that all of this is true, but I think that I'm going to keep sitting on the fence until more evidence surfaces, be it for or against the leak.
after hacking brawl in over 6 years, I can guarantee that this is pretty much legit unless they really know how brawl did orginize their files!
but I do find it lazy that the "slots/victory" theme are the same as brawl, that means the 7 forbidden is still in smash4 but might never see the light.

but I do love that 5 unused mario slot is Roy, Ryu, Lucas and 2 more <3 and more stages >w< I do hope that dreamland 64 gets to Wii U aswell

edit, just noticed that the bold is removed, so the forbidden 7 (excluding Mewtwo, Dr Mario and Roy) are gone!

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Objection.

"Unoccupied slots" is an issue the Project M team has to work around. Not the Smash 4 team. Was there an "unoccupied slot" before Mewtwo was announced?
By "unoccupied slot", I mean that a character slot was created by the Smash 4 devs, and then they left it buried within the game's code for future use.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
@Speed

Sorry for leaving so soon. Stuff happened.
Good games, though. I mostly just got destroyed, but gg.

I also forgot to save all of the replays, besides the first and the last. If you saved them, I'd appreciate it if you sent them to me.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
@Speed

Sorry for leaving so soon. Stuff happened.
Good games, though. I mostly just got destroyed, but gg.

I also forgot to save all of the replays, besides the first and the last. If you saved them, I'd appreciate it if you sent them to me.
Uh...I forgot to as well....
GGs though! lol Your Charizard got me that first match...

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
If we get any sword user that isn't Isaac/Matthew, I will flip out.
...Unless it's a third party character, like Sora (unlikely), Cloud (VERY unlikely), or Crono (probably least likely.)

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
If we get any sword user that isn't Isaac/Matthew, I will flip out.
...Unless it's a third party character, like Sora (unlikely), Cloud (VERY unlikely), or Crono (probably least likely.)
While I do love Sora and Final Fantasy characters...they don't belong in Smash.
Also, come on...Roy would be cool!

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
While I do love Sora and Final Fantasy characters...they don't belong in Smash.
Also, come on...Roy would be cool!
Roy will only be cool if they do the following:
-Use the new-style Roy as done by Kakusei:
Roy by Kakusei.jpg

fire-emblem-awakening-roy-pn.jpg
-A fully revamped moveset. Not Melee Roy, not some Luigi-fied Marth variant, but a BRAND. NEW. MOVESET.
-The Sword of Seals even gave Roy a ranged attack in FE6.

If they could do these things, I would be pleased. I might even make room for him as co-main.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Roy will only be cool if they do the following:
-Use the new-style Roy as done by Kakusei:
-A fully revamped moveset. Not Melee Roy, not some Luigi-fied Marth variant, but a BRAND. NEW. MOVESET.
-The Sword of Seals even gave Roy a ranged attack in FE6.

If they could do these things, I would be pleased. I might even make room for him as co-main.
Yeah, if he had his Awakening garb, it would be more than epic.
No.......he really wouldn't. The only Roy we need is:4roy:.
No.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
By "unoccupied slot", I mean that a character slot was created by the Smash 4 devs, and then they left it buried within the game's code for future use.
I know what you meant, and I'm saying that's no obstacle.

It's not like the P:M team, where they can't edit the game's core files. Unlike them, Nintendo can and does add more "slots" when they need them.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
We have enough sword users, let alone Fire Emblem characters, let alone carbon-copy Marth clones. Seriously, if we're going to have another FE character, why not one that uses more magic or transformation-type stuff, or even fighting with a lance...not all FE characters use swords
Not all FE characters use swords, but most FE Main Protagonist do. Though I do think Ike should have an Axe implemented into his moveset, and maybe Lucina with a lance at a later date.

I think the main reason we're getting Roy is simply because he's a veteran; and I believe that's a very good reason to add him.
I'm actually a personal believer that all veterans should come back, just because of their fans. I think we as Mewtwo mains should especially be able to sympathize with this.

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
Not all FE characters use swords, but most FE Main Protagonist do. Though I do think Ike should have an Axe implemented into his moveset, and maybe Lucina with a lance at a later date.

I think the main reason we're getting Roy is simply because he's a veteran; and I believe that's a very good reason to add him.
I'm actually a personal believer that all veterans should come back, just because of their fans. I think we as Mewtwo mains should especially be able to sympathize with this.
Yeah, but of all the veterans cut, why should Roy be added? Of all the characters cut (Wolf, Ice Climber(s), Squirtle, Ivysaur, Snake), Roy seems like the worst option. Star Fox U is supposed going to be released soon, so why not him? Why this one character who was awful in his own game that wasn't even in English?

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Yeah, but of all the veterans cut, why should Roy be added? Of all the characters cut (Wolf, Ice Climber(s), Squirtle, Ivysaur, Snake), Roy seems like the worst option. Star Fox U is supposed going to be released soon, so why not him? Why this one character who was awful in his own game that wasn't even in English?

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
I want a Manakete if we're getting any newcomer FE characters. 0% chance of it happening to be honest but Manaketes are the best class. If Manaketes get in at all, even if there's an incredibly unlikely chance, it would be Tiki or Kamui. Compared to other Manakete characters, which has a 0.0001% chance of getting in, I'd say Kamui has a 1% and Tiki has a 0.1%. Not bad choices because I like both, but even so, I like and want Nah more. Any Manakete would be cool in Smash really, especially Nah. I like Nah a lot. If you say nah to Nah then I will eat you.

As for lords, I think Lyn, Ephraim, or Eirika would be nice.

I don't mind more FE characters but the chances are extremely slim. There's already so many and I just don't see it happening. I want it but it just doesn't seem possible. However, Roy actually looks slightly possible this time around. I can actually see that guy getting in. Don't really care if he gets in or not; I like Marth and Lucy more anyway. :p

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord

i'd say this for specials

B: Hadouken
Side B: Tatsumaki Senpukyaku
Up B: Shoryuken
Down B: Diarrhea Joke Foot
Final Smash: Shinkuu Hadouken

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
Dear Arceus, all of the debate about Mewtwo's viability on this thread is making me really anxious to try him out. Unfortunantly, it's still probably going to be a while ~_~. Anyway, I'm kind of sad to hear that Mewtwo's @ U-Throw U-Throw apparently got nerfed. That sucks. It's not gonna stop me from using it to land some kills, though:p. I gotta live up to my name, y'know?
Also, how does getting hit out of Teleport work? Is it, like, you can get hit out of it at any point during the move, or can you only get hit out of it at specific times, or what? I'm genuinely curious.
I have no idea how teleport works but i've been hit during it at the weirdest times. It's quite strange

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
It seems Mewtwo is vulnerable when the purple warp thing reappears. He can also be smacked before he warps in that state as well.

when little mac tries an aerial KO Punch as a last ditch effort but the windboxes just end up sucking you close enough so that DAir spikes

just call me Mr. Feelgood :shades:

Last edited:

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
@the mention of putting in hector instead of roy: i.. actually have no problem with this. Would be kind of cool to have a hot-blooded axe wielder whom has attacks that all make a satisfying "THWACK!" when they hit.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Tip of the day. Reverse Warlock Punch can kill Mewtwo anywhere on a Omega stage when he is at 25% damage or higher. Absolutely disgusting. Good thing you can grab or disable him before that happens. Or lob a Shadow Ball at him.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
to be fair, you're really asking for it if you let a ganon actually pull of a reverse warlock punch. what i fid grosser is that kirby can live way longer than mewtwo.

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
Tip of the day. Reverse Warlock Punch can kill Mewtwo anywhere on a Omega stage when he is at 25% damage or higher. Absolutely disgusting. Good thing you can grab or disable him before that happens. Or lob a Shadow Ball at him.
I'm pretty that works for everybody bar Shield Monado Shulk

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Kinda off topic, but how much more awesome would this game be if you could enable motion blur.
Mewtwo's tail would be all COOL!!

Last edited:

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
I have never understood all the b****ing about Roy. If he's coming, he's coming, and there's nothing you can do about it. Don't want him? Don't buy him. I myself will greatly enjoy having Mewtwo/Roy/Dr. Mario fights on Temple for old times sake.

Just be glad that Fire Emblem is getting what it's getting. It's one of Nintendo's best and oldest franchises, and nearly died before Awakening saved it. Roy is not being brought back to rep FE6, he's being brought back for the fans, much like Mewtwo and Lucas were.

Top Bottom