• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
You can always tag me of you want me back I'm here.

It's not even that. It's just I feel as if I have done what I'm worth in this thread. Same for K. Rool, Isaac, and Lucas threads. I've just done what I've set out to do.

So with that. :drfacepalm:
Wait, so where are you gonna go now? Ike/Shulk social?

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
The contributions of @ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy were truly notable. He offered us positive reinforcement during bleak times. Though a wandering spirit we shall always welcome him as one of our own.

D

Deleted member

Hype dying can be good. We can actually look at his kit and ponder why Mewtwo's weight is based on his mega evolution.

Regular Mewtwo in canon is 279 pounds.

Mega Y is 72 pounds. Big departure.

Even then though in canon pikachu is only 13 pounds.

Jiggs is 12 pounds.

Doesn't make sense.
I've kept trying to explain that weight in Smash =/= actual weight (as in, the force of gravity exerted on the object).

Weight in Smash refers to knockback resistance, which Mewtwo has less of due to keeping his body in a constant state of levitation.

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
Psystrike is about as effective as in smash bros as it is in the actual games. Easily one of my favorite final smashes of all time. Now if Final Smashes used a super bar instead of an item then Mewtwo could be good because you can spam down a to build meter and stuff.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
Let's be fair here, folks. Project M is only a mod. It's not that the PMDT is lazy or they think Mewtwo is a Lucario clone, it's just they have a lot of limitations working with Brawl modding.
I have hacked brawl for over 6 years and I personally know the limitations, I did remove some limitations in the past and helped others to remove the limitations (me, Blackjax96 and RandomTBush made DAE importing to brawl working for example)
but P:M did create some great material for the mod itself, yet leaving Mewtwos final smash a clone

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Psystrike is about as effective as in smash bros as it is in the actual games. Easily one of my favorite final smashes of all time. Now if Final Smashes used a super bar instead of an item then Mewtwo could be good because you can spam down a to build meter and stuff.
Yeah...I wish there was a game mode where you had a "Super Meter" to build up.
It may even become tourney legal since it's not random like the Smash Ball.

(oops, double post...my bad) lol

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Mewtwo and Lucario would have the rivalry obviously.
Maybe some mutual respect for Ganondorf.
Otherwise it'd think nothing of everyone else.

Last edited:

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
I think:
:4mewtwo:and :4ludwig: are companions yet the same time rivals due their intellect
:4mewtwo: and :4greninja: are friends, but :4mewtwo: doesnt show it
:4mewtwo: and :4lucario: are rivals, yet :4lucario: admires :4mewtwo:
:4mewtwo: respects :4rob: for many reason, those being "last of one kind"
:4mewtwo: and :4jigglypuff: are really good friends (from :4jigglypuff: perspective)
:4mewtwo: sees :4mario: as a worthy opponent, but :4mewtwo: hates :4drmario: due being remind of his birth
:4mewtwo::4ness::4lucas::4zelda: have a secret club, created by :4ness:
despite being "somewhat evil", he dislike :4ganondorf: but will team up with him if needed but can easy see if :4ganondorf:will doublecross :4mewtwo:

:4mewtwo: is feeling sorry for :4darkpit: and :4lucina:, but not :4drmario:

Last edited:

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
Mewtwo and Lucario would have the rivalry obviously.
I posted something like this way earlier, but I still think this still applies:

Mewtwo: I can read your every thought!

Lucario: Well, I can sense your Aura

Mewtwo: Seems we are evenly matched.......

Lucario: Yeah, fighting over who's a better character is pointlessly stupid and just ends in neither side winning

Mewtwo: So.......now what?

Lucario: ........wanna get lunch?

Mewtwo: ........fine......

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I posted something like this way earlier, but I still think this still applies:

Mewtwo: I can read your every thought!

Lucario: Well, I can sense your Aura

Mewtwo: Seems we are evenly matched.......

Lucario: Yeah, fighting over who's a better character is pointlessly stupid and just ends in neither side winning

Mewtwo: So.......now what?

Lucario: ........wanna get lunch?

Mewtwo: ........fine......
It's more to do with the whole
"Lucario is a Mewtwo clone!" lolwut
"Mewtwo is a Lucario clone!" lolwut

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Why does Lucario have English lines yet Mewtwo is all hoo hah Huh Muhmuhmuhmuh HMPH!

Also I think I die more as Mewtwo because I hold up for my Teleport and I just ride the underside of a stage for some reason. Tends to happen on slanted stages. Like the Mario Galaxy stage. And i fought a good Jigglypuff and I could not ever hit the damn thing. :(

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Why does Lucario have English lines yet Mewtwo is all hoo hah Huh Muhmuhmuhmuh HMPH!

Also I think I die more as Mewtwo because I hold up for my Teleport and I just ride the underside of a stage for some reason. Tends to happen on slanted stages. Like the Mario Galaxy stage. And i fought a good Jigglypuff and I could not ever hit the damn thing. :(
I went underneath the land part of the Balloon Fighter stage once while trying to teleport from the water...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

They wanted Mewtwo to resemble Melee, heard he has his lines in the Japanese version of the victory screens too

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727

I used to do that on the Eldin omega stage but after getting used to it it's just a matter of foresight and recovering at proper times. This is where the DJ aerial lifts come in handy. And walljump/footstool if you can

Jigglypuff is the anti Mewtwo as far as aerial combat goes.. I too have failed on FG against good Jiggs players.

D

Deleted member

I have hacked brawl for over 6 years and I personally know the limitations, I did remove some limitations in the past and helped others to remove the limitations (me, Blackjax96 and RandomTBush made DAE importing to brawl working for example)
but P:M did create some great material for the mod itself, yet leaving Mewtwos final smash a clone
Wait. Aren't you the one who ripped that Melee Mewtwo model into Brawl?
I'll say that I am also a Brawl hacker, in fact, I am working on a mod for the game, despite the migration to Smash 4.

Also, does anybody want to battle me in Smash 4? So far I have been fighting 2 people in these times, but I'd like to see what all I have left to learn.

D

Deleted member

yes, that was me o: did it as my first DAE importion to brawl
It was actually pretty good! At some point, I tried making a custom Mewtwo model based off of his in-game appearances at that time. I still have it on my old computer, maybe perhaps I can upload it sometime (despite the fact that it's essentially archaic now)

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
I just sold mine for 50 dollars yesterday haha.
Ugh why didn't I think of that.. was it opened or unopened?

On a different topic, my friend and I had a conversation about control sticks.. that a particular control scheme and controller would benefit a Mewtwo player. For some reason I wanna try out the Wiimote + Nunchuck for Mewtwo.. anyone have success stories with controllers that's not the Wii U Game Pad or the Wii U Controller Pro?

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
@ ミスティック Speed ミスティック Speed

Here's the video of you against Masano. Would have been up quicker, but there were some technical difficulties(youtube's fault).

Pretty decent match on both ends.
@Speed: Daaaamn. But I saw a couple of areas where you could have baited the air dodge and punished with Dair.
That said: I found your new theme song! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oZ2XNzVg9w
I can't help but think that the Prank I just received may be a parting gift of sorts from NonSpecificGuy...
It was a gift from thy Lord and Master, my child. For only getting Gold status.
Well, they brought back Lucario's English voice actor, Sean Schemmel (best known for being Goku's American VA), since he voiced Lucario in... whichever movie that was. Having him do English lines was only fitting. Seeing as how Nintendo didn't re-hire Masachika Ichimura, I can understand that they probably didn't see the need to bring back another American VA.
Source: http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/characters/Pokemon/Mewtwo

Last edited:

ZombieVito

Smash Journeyman
Ugh why didn't I think of that.. was it opened or unopened?

On a different topic, my friend and I had a conversation about control sticks.. that a particular control scheme and controller would benefit a Mewtwo player. For some reason I wanna try out the Wiimote + Nunchuck for Mewtwo.. anyone have success stories with controllers that's not the Wii U Game Pad or the Wii U Controller Pro?
Sealed of course. I had zero interest in listing to it.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Lyn for smash 5. Best FE character
How do you think Mewtwo would interact with the other characters? I can see him liking Meta Knight
I posted a response to a similar question a little while ago on this thread, so I'll just repost that.
I said:
How would Mewtwo and Dr. Mario get along? Well, they're both cut Melee vets that got a second chance in Smash 4, so I imagine that they'd be pretty tight. They'd probably be sparring buddies and fight together in Team Battles a lot. Mewtwo would get a little annoyed by Dr. Mario's cheerful nature sometimes, and Dr. Mario would sometimes be put off by Mewtwo's stoic and occasionally angry nature, but they'd always be best friends in the end. I imagine that Mewtwo would use his massive intellect to help Dr. Mario on his quest to cure the common cold and his psychic powers to help treat patients, while Dr. Mario would help Mewtwo through his occasional bouts of sad and awful emotions. He'd always be there in case Mewtwo needed a shoulder to cry on.
I have to go write a fanfiction now. Bye!
@ JesseMcCloud JesseMcCloud - Ha! Joke's on you! I like this shade of pink:p.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Mewtwo actually doesn't seem that evil; more of an anti-hero. I don't see him talking or doing much. He won't mess with you if you don't mess him basically. He doesn't get along with anybody and is a loner. He ignores those who try to get close to him and destroys those who mess with him. Mewtwo seems to me like the angsty dude who doesn't want anything to do with socializing. The coolest edgelord.

Last edited:

BZero

Smash Journeyman
NNID
brand23
Double stocked a diddy player on FG with my main man, Mac. He's so salty, he started calling me a scrub and a spammer. :happysheep: His tears are delicious

Top Bottom