• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

warionumbah2

Smash Master
I only have Mewtwo as a secondary because i predict his MUs will be worse than my main. And i seem to be right, already people agree that Fox,Falcon,Diddy beat him. Then there's others who beat Mewtwo badly but because they aren't popular and never spoken about it doesn't matter(Yoshi,Greninja and MK).

I can see where @Diddy Kong is coming from, he cares alot about Mewtwo's viability yes its early to say but his weight,frame data and his glass cannon attributes cannot be changed no matter how much you develop Mewtwo's meta.

First thing people look at is how well he does against high tiers, right off the bat he gets blown away by Falcon and Fox.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
what is this "mewtwo is slow" thing coming from? he ranks 7th in airspeed(tied with mario, sonic, donkey kong, and gnw) and has an above average run speed(i read tied with wft). and this is just raw movement, he has teleport and shadow ball slide/glide. mewtwo is perfectly mobile.
Yeah I don't really mind the speed.

However this is pretty ironic coming from us who main Sonic.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
what is this "mewtwo is slow" thing coming from? he ranks 7th in airspeed(tied with mario, sonic, donkey kong, and gnw) and has an above average run speed(i read tied with wft). and this is just raw movement, he has teleport and shadow ball slide/glide. mewtwo is perfectly mobile.
As a ZSS main, Mewtwo's speed makes me feel super limited. Fast characters are basically glued to me if they want to.

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
After playing with Mewtwo, I can safely say that I'm probably going to main him and if I do I won't be switching anytime soon. I'm loving his aerial and combo game. His spike just feels so Embarrass to land especially when you end a combo string with it. Not to mention he has an orange alt which is my favorite color.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Mewtwo's taunts are top-tier, that much is certain. :p

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
I'm starting to get the hang of 'Two's mind games.
I mentioned Teleport earlier, but his invisible air dodges, Shadow Ball glide, and Confusion jump all give him some pretty nifty mind games.

I've also been only partly charging my Shadow Balls every now and then. When your hands are glowing, characters will be on edge. An occasional, partly charged Shadow Ball is decent for a mix up every now and then. One 'Two I just fought on For Glory even copied me and started using that himself mid match.
Shadow Ball glide? Not familiar with that term. You mean using the recoil in midair?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Part of me thinks that Mewtwo's 8th palette swap is an indirect reference to Shadow Lugia, from Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Obviously can't post a screen shot at the moment but will soon enough but for a visual to keep in mind we will say the graphic used for disable has a series of asterisks or stars denoting where the moves range is. Now the last small asterisk isn't the max range. If you imagine another one after the last asterisk then that is the max range on disable.

The screen shot I will post later should show max range more clearly.

But I am thinking about the shadow glide and how we might link disable into it depending on the position of the opponent. If a fsmash will work then so will disable since they actually have the same exact range. Or damn close.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
You know, it's so like a Diddy user to look down upon Mewtwo.
When you're used to something so cheap and easy to win with, you expect everything to be that way for you.
Yeah no, sorry. Try harder.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Yeah one of the reasons I main Bowser and now Mewtwo is that it takes skill and knowledge of fundamentals to do well.

Power to the player.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
I will be testing the range that disable will work on all characters sometime today. It might have a bit more range then it appears to have.

Edit: Yeah. Looks like it does with the exception of small characters like kirby and characters that need to be in hitstun like the links and rosalina since they have luma and shields.

I will post a screen shot of the general max range later.
Tested this myself last night, the range is decent. Confusion's hitbox is as big as the animation, and Disable is just about the same range as Confusion which isn't bad either. I personally would prefer it if both had longer hitboxes seeing as he's a glass cannon but as it is it's not bad. I like how Confusion brings your enemies close to you at its max distance too.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
You basically can't expect to choose a random character and instantly be great at it. It's unrealistic and pretty much raises a person's expectations too high and they end up disappointed as a result. I haven't played with Mewtwo yet so I can't really say that I like him as a fighter in this game or not but I don't have high expectations. To be honest, I did expect quite a few people to be disappointed with Mewtwo. Going back to my first sentence, every character has it's own learning curve and it takes time and practice to master the character.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Argh not another swordsman. Are there any mages in the Fire Emblem universe? That would be better. Or an archer or something.
Several. And all of them better characters than Roy.
Micaiah and Shinon.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Idk, it seems like an actual glitch of Mewtwo being forced to have data he's not supposed to have. If it actually showed attacks that were unique then that would be different, but these seem like genuine glitches. I'm all for custom moves but I don't think this is proof of that..

Real players or Lvl 9 CPUs?

Tooooooooo funny. Now that's Mewtwo hype.
lvl 8, should work on humans

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
lvl 8, should work on humans
I would try it on FG.. I can't count how many times I tried to string combos on lvl 9 CPUs only to get owned in FG.. lol. Side note: If you spam air dodge and "blink" a lot it's a huge mind f*** to your enemies (it's like playing the piano so it probably requires some coordination.) Sounds cheap but it works, especially since you move a good distance with it. I usually attack out of it with a DJC NAir or short hop air dodge DAir.

Several. And all of them better characters than Roy.
Micaiah and Shinon.
Would LOVE to see those characters!

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I would try it on FG.. I can't count how many times I tried to string combos on lvl 9 CPUs only to get owned in FG.. lol. Side note: If you spam air dodge and "blink" a lot it's a huge mind f*** to your enemies. Sounds cheap but it works, especially since you move a good distance with it. I usually attack out of it with a DJC NAir or short hop air dodge DAir.
9 forces bad habits, 8 is the best CPU to fight against fairly

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
Why do people like Roy!? He's just a half-assed clone character that was never good in his own game, and also sucked in Melee.

Seriously, when Melee was the current game, everybody HATED Roy (at least my friends did) for being a worthless clone. But when he was cut, everybody ******* about it and wanted him back! What the hell?

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Lol just got my first rage quit with Mewtwo on FG. Was fighting your typical Toon Link and took off his first stock rather easily. He just jumped offstage his second stock.

StarGalaxy777

Smash Apprentice
NNID
StarGalaxy
Just giving a little heads up but when Olimar/Alph have a Pikmin latched onto Mewtwo and you attempt to do a Shadow Ball the Pikmin will take the hit and your Shadow Ball will go nowhere in a way removing a option temporarily

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Roy is one of the worst lords in fire emblem history. Adding him back gives you 3 ways to play as Marth. Oh boy.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
What's up with Tiki? Ever since I saw that trophy with the dragon I was like.. CAN WE GET HER AND THE DRAGON AS ONE CHARACTER IN SMASH?!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Mewtwo is great against Dedede. Finally, a main I have who isn't horrible against him!
Honestly, as much as I hate the walking wet dream in Awakening, she could have been a dark knight as an AT. Lyn being the only AT is disappoiting, especially as she's a fan favourite from what I've seen and how badly she's been nerfed

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I personally think FE is fine as it right now and doesn't need another rep.

And much less Roy.

Mc Mew

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mc_Mew
i forgot the name of the mage that makes cheesy puns havnt played awakening in a year what about him?

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
I personally think FE is fine as it right now and doesn't need another rep.

And much less Roy.
F-Zero and Star Fox could use more reps. Excluding Wolf. Earthbound too, they should just bring in the whole posse with the exception of the AT. But personally I'd like for them to branch out to new franchises. Like Platinum Games franchises like Wonderful 101or if they can implement a PG Bayonetta character.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
F-Zero and Star Fox could use more reps. Excluding Wolf. Earthbound too, they should just bring in the whole posse with the exception of the AT. But personally I'd like for them to branch out to new franchises. Like Platinum Games franchises like Wonderful 101or if they can implement a PG Bayonetta character.
Wolf is almost a given, so Star Fox is fine. Earthbound got its most hugely requested veteran as DLC too.

Franchises like DK and Metroid(sig intensifies) and yes, F-Zero, need more reps.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Wolf is almost a given, so Star Fox is fine. Earthbound got its most hugely requested veteran as DLC too.

Franchises like DK and Metroid(sig intensifies) and yes, F-Zero, need more reps.
Yeah judging by the demand it seems like Wolf is in. Lucas is very Ness-ish, would like to see a completely brand new character From the franchise. Which begs the question, are all DLC characters gonna be clones, semi-clones and returning veterans?

Top Bottom