• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Yeah judging by the demand it seems like Wolf is in. Lucas is very Ness-ish, would like to see a completely brand new character From the franchise. Which begs the question, are all DLC characters gonna be clones, semi-clones and returning veterans?
That's a question we can't answer. Roy is not 100% confirmed yet. For all we know Sakurai could be working on King K Rool or something from behind the scenes and is releasing veterans to buy them more time and keep the surprise intact.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
YEA to this guy

http://youtu.be/Qvk3vULl1yk

Classic 9.0 with mewtwo finally a good player to proove mewtwo is much better.

Now to explain the ending that player wanted to do the final blow to master core just before the 1 hit ko move

I pulled that off once but it was by accident. (I saw it rise for unknown reason so i was like OMG i killed it just in time.)

Last edited:

cstonic

NNID
spindashupair
3DS FC
3711-8023-0131
Switch FC
SW-5972-4790-7111
YEA to this guy

Now to explain the ending that player wanted to do the final blow to master core just before the 1 hit ko move

I pulled that off once but it was by accident. (I saw it rise for unknown reason so i was like OMG i killed it just in time.)
That ending is very similar to Tabuu's boss fight in brawl. You just need to spot dodge the rays and MC eventually blows up.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
That's a question we can't answer. Roy is not 100% confirmed yet. For all we know Sakurai could be working on King K Rool or something from behind the scenes and is releasing veterans to buy them more time and keep the surprise intact.
I've thought about this as well. It would give the game longevity. And if they announce it at E3 it would make so much hype. But given the games lifespan I hope we at least see two original characters join, and I'm sure we'll see at least 3 clones/vets (Lucas, Wolf and Popo/Nana alt.)

YEA to this guy

F***ing hilarious.

Enoki

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Enokikone
Seeing as how any character can beat 9.0 on Classic relatively easily, I'm afraid this doesn't really do anything to prove his competitive worth. :3

That ending tho. Loved it. :awesome:

Last edited:

TombstoneHD

Smash Cadet
It's funny, I've been playing Mewtwo nonstop for the past few days, but last night I wanted to get a few matches of Wario in before I went to bed. It's so funny how polar opposite they are. Wario is small, heavy, short-ranged and jagged, while Mewtwo is big, light, longer ranged and smooth. Definitely can't play them the same lol

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
You know, it's so like a Diddy user to look down upon Mewtwo.
When you're used to something so cheap and easy to win with, you expect everything to be that way for you.
Yeah no, sorry. Try harder.
Hate to be that guy, but

If he doesn't like Mewtwo, he doesn't like Mewtwo. That's pretty much it. Has little bearing on him being a "Diddy user." My character of choice, D3, doesn't give me a free pass for anything (except admission to a psyche ward, for being a masochist to the extreme); it's a preference.

Speaking of which, until you can take some sets off of good players offline with Diddy, I'd watch how you toss about the terms "cheap" and "easy to win with." Nothing is that easy.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

TombstoneHD

Smash Cadet
Hate to be that guy, but

If he doesn't like Mewtwo, he doesn't like Mewtwo. That's pretty much it. Has little bearing on him being a "Diddy user." My character of choice doesn't give me a free pass for anything (except to a psyche ward, for being a masochist); it's a preference.

Speaking of which, until you can take some sets off of good players offline with Diddy, I'd watch how you toss about the terms "cheap" and "easy to win with."

Smooth Criminal
I agree. Honestly pick who you like/ are comfortable with and go at it. There are people who play as Diddy, Rosalina, and Sonic because they are characters that they legitimately like. Being top tier is a bonus for them.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Exactly.

May not be good but practice and you can be good with the characters not so good.

My opinion anyway.
Oh yeah, I don't disagree. Problem is, you can log hours and hours with a certain character, learn all their tricks, and be super good with them, but lose to a guy who did all that with a better character. No one likes losing as their favorite character only because said character sucks.

Last edited:

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
If I had to compare Mewtwo to any other characters, I'd say he is like a cross between Akuma and Dhalsim from Street Fighter. I feel taking advantage of Mewtwo's long tilts, bair, and strong kill ratio make him dangerous at even 70%. The floatiness is not a problem for me, since I've played Rosalina for so long. Yep, I'm definitely sticking with him. Mastering maneuverability I feel is key to be a strong Mewtwo player imo.

Last edited:

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Hi the King of Mew2s is back. What are we talking about?

I agree. Honestly pick who you like/ are comfortable with and go at it. There are people who play as Diddy, Rosalina, and Sonic because they are characters that they legitimately like. Being top tier is a bonus for them.
Y'know besides M2K and ZeRo.

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
...except that there's nothing wrong with picking a character that increases your chances of winning in a tournament, too. Much as I love him, Mewtwo is my counterpick character for D3's atrocious MUs. I just happen to like him (lots) as a character, and I like how he plays in Smash 4 on top of it.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Spirst

Like said, there's nothing wrong with choosing characters that give you a higher chance at winning tournaments. On a competitive level where actual rewards and stuff are at hand, there isn't too much logical sense in intentionally handicapping yourself when everyone else is probably going to be using top characters to boost their own chances. The whole low-tier hero thing is pretty romanticized since much of the time, the person trying to make it big with the low-tier will likely get frustrated at the limitations their character presents. Personally, I can't play characters I have no personal connection to even if I do acknowledge they'd be better choices because that's just who I am as a player. I don't particularly like the whole "play the best to win" kind of mindset but it's a thing and it does make sense.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Like said, there's nothing wrong with choosing characters that give you a higher chance at winning tournaments. On a competitive level where actual rewards and stuff are at hand, there isn't too much logical sense in intentionally handicapping yourself when everyone else is probably going to be using top characters to boost their own chances. The whole low-tier hero thing is pretty romanticized since much of the time, the person trying to make it big with the low-tier will likely get frustrated at the limitations their character presents. Personally, I can't play characters I have no personal connection to even if I do acknowledge they'd be better choices because that's just who I am as a player. I don't particularly like the whole "play the best to win" kind of mindset but it's a thing and it does make sense.
Well said.

And this goes back to the reason why I think Mewtwo should be buffed. I love him because he's a character close to my heart but at the same time I want him to be able to compete in the metagame. He doesn't have to be the best, he just needs to have a fair shot. Higher mid tier at least.

With that said, let's be honest guys. We shouldn't be SETTLING for a low tier hero. Mewtwo is known for being one of the most powerful Pokémon ever created.

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
To be honest. I feel like my character selections are like a baseball lineup.

One of my mains, Wario is really freaking good in this game. I can always get out of pools consistently by using him. But in bracket, there are too many good players to get by with just him.
Wario for me is the kind of baseball player that consistently gets a hit to first base. You ain't winning the World Series with him. But he's consistent, and that's what makes him useful.

Now my other two mains, Mewtwo and Lucario and the sluggers. They can hit a home run. They can also choke, crash, and burn. Depends on the day and MU. I can beat some decent players with Lucario (and hopefully Mewtwo in the future), but other times, I just get completely wrecked. But when I can pull it off, it works.

Then there's Dr. Mario. The reserve player. He's good in the right hands, but just can't hold his ground unless he's against a certain character or under certain conditions (i.e. Customs)

Mc Mew

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mc_Mew
its funny how the mewtwo begging annoyed the admins so much that they made a reminder at the top of the community on miiverse

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Alright. Now that I am at a computer I have 2 images for you. Thank Nintendo for Miiverse so I don't have to hate them for putting the SD Card under a metallic plate on the New 3DS. Idiot decision.

First we have this one.

As you can see we have disable and Mario has just recovered from a previous one. But use your imagination and put another star symbol right next to the smaller one. And there you have the range of Disable. Also Disable does a whopping 1% of damage. Much flash. Much power. All Mewtwo.

As for where Mewtwo should stand we have this image.

This is the maximum distance you can be for disable to work on any character that isn't small like Kirby, has a Shield(the Link's) or Rosalina where it would work if Luma wasn't in the way. And Rosalina obviously won't leave openings during Luma's untimely demise. You can prop up most characters with jab or SHAD(Short Hop Air Dodge) and use Disable as well. SHAD will have Disable higher up and will stun characters that come out of hit stun or land lag.

Which can be really notable on my main character of choice Bowser. While heavyweights are more susceptible to disable after confusion, most characters who are being used by good players can tech and act out of confusion by jumping out or trying to hit you with a kneejerk reactionary aerial attack.

Distance is farther then the Jab and multi hit as well as Confusion but I believe disable has the same distance as the finishing hit of Jab which I dub Shadow Claw.

I hope this is helpful. As for when to use Disable I would prefer it be when you know they won't be shielding or have a reflector ready. As well as having your opponent at 90% or greater as a Full charge or even half charge Dsmash or Up Smash will kill since it is a Vertical KO and no amount of DI will matter.

Your opponent is done. The stock is over. You are Mewtwo. Scientists dreamed of creating the strongest Pokemon. And they succeeded.

Mewtwo is indeed a Glass Cannon and I believe we will see a lot of matches play out in a Be Quick or Be Dead playstyle.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Ok basically how I see the whole situation with Mewtwo right now.

Smash Fans: " Oh Mewtwo still sucks, we'll at least we have another damn Marth clone to get all hype about"

Mewtwo Fans: " despite his unessecary flaws I'll still continue to play as him, even if it means taking the fun out of it just like everything else in this game"

Me: " Lol Mewtwo is still a joke to the competitive community and I can't get my GC controller fixed, F this **** I'm going back to Mortal Kombat X :troll:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Something I thought was pretty neat. Link's Arrows travel so fast that they still get reflected when the special effect starts fading. Confusion when recovering isn't bad as it trips up your foe. Scrubs who don't know how to play well hate Confusion grabbing them

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
You main Dr. Mario in Melee...
That's a whole different bag of chips. In Melee, Dr. Mario was superior to Mario in power and had better projectiles and was overall a better character.

Roy, on the other hand is a really bad character in Melee because some of his sourspots don't even KO at 999%, he does the most damage at the hilt, which ruins the whole point of spacing with the sword, and he is unable to juggle like Marth can.

I'm fine with clone characters as long as they aren't absolute garbage

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Ok basically how I see the whole situation with Mewtwo right now.

Smash Fans: " Oh Mewtwo still sucks, we'll at least we have another damn Marth clone to get all hype about"

Mewtwo Fans: " despite his unessecary flaws I'll still continue to play as him, even if it means taking the fun out of it just like everything else in this game"

Me: " Lol Mewtwo is still a joke to the competitive community and I can't get my GC controller fixed, F this **** I'm going back to Mortal Kombat X :troll:
Mortal Kombat the most stiff fighter in existence. Last Mortal Kombat I played was Ultimate MK3.

I will be maining Ganon like I do Bowser and now Mewtwo because I love the characters and the playstyles just fits me.

I don't really understand the hype for Roy either since all it will be is another Marth to play as. But Sakurai is fine with increasing his clone corner I guess. After all they are "desserts" and you shouldn't complain about them.

With this rumor about Roy coming back and Ryu from Street Fighter being a possibility I really think this Smash ballot thing is a complete farce.

I am still bummed that Isaac from Golden Sun really got the shaft. You cut his assist. Fine. No trophy but Reginleiv a Japan onry game gets a trophy? Ok. 2 Golden Sun tracks but on Metroid and Kid Icarus stages? Well now.

I dunno I get mad every time I think about it.

I kinda feel like DLC is gonna be "fighters that didn't make the deadline".

Especially since Mewtwo feels incomplete without customs. Meaning regardless of tier rank he will always be outclassed due to lack of options. Alongside no longer hurting players while his Shadow Ball charges and being lighter then he was in Melee despite being canonically over 200 pounds.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
People like what they like. Whether they like the character because they're good or because they simply think they look cool, they like what they like. It's all personal preferences. In my opinion, nobody has the right to judge them badly. We should give top tier mains more respect IMO; they like their character just like we do, even if it's for a different reason.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Why all the Roy hate on the last page? So what if he was a clone in a past game? If you think that's a problem, :4luigi: would like to have a word with you.
Argh not another swordsman. Are there any mages in the Fire Emblem universe? That would be better. Or an archer or something.
:4robinm::4robinf:
They may be sword wielders as well, but I still think these two represent FE mages rather well.

The problem with dedicated archers is that
a) none of the are main protagonist/lords, and
b) they lack close range options, hence why Pit got his bow transformed into a pair of blades.

Lyn is the only archer I can think of he both wields a close-range weapon and fills the "lord character" category. Not that I'd oppose Lyn, I just don't see her happening.
That's a whole different bag of chips. In Melee, Dr. Mario was superior to Mario in power and had better projectiles and was overall a better character.

Roy, on the other hand is a really bad character in Melee because some of his sourspots don't even KO at 999%, he does the most damage at the hilt, which ruins the whole point of spacing with the sword, and he is unable to juggle like Marth can.

I'm fine with clone characters as long as they aren't absolute garbage
This isn't Melee. We can't be certain he'll be bad.

I'm personally fine with Roy. I mean, I don't have to pay the $5 for him if I don't want to use him, so I'll just say congratulations to Roy fans and wait for Starfwolf or something.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Why all the Roy hate on the last page? So what if he was a clone in a past game? If you think that's a problem, :4luigi: would like to have a word with you.
:4robinm::4robinf:
They may be sword wielders as well, but I still think these two represent FE mages rather well.

The problem with dedicated archers is that
a) none of the are main protagonist/lords, and
b) they lack close range options, hence why Pit got his bow transformed into a pair of blades.

Lyn is the only archer I can think of he both wields a close-range weapon and fills the "lord character" category. Not that I'd oppose Lyn, I just don't see her happening.
This isn't Melee. We can't be certain he'll be bad.

I'm personally fine with Roy. I mean, I don't have to pay the $5 for him if I don't want to use him, so I'll just say congratulations to Roy fans and wait for Starfwolf or something.
Pretty sure Lyn is female, though I didn't get that as a kid. Stupid deep voice

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I can't get over the fact how good u-throw and Shadow Ball is in this game. Shadow Ball especially. IT KILLS INCREDIBLY EARLY. YOU CAN SPAM THE LITTLE ONES AND IT'S GOOD. THE SHIELD DAMAGE. I'm not even disappointed over the fact of no charge damage because it's just so incredibly good even without it. U-throw I expected to kill people a little bit earlier, but I realized that a throw that kills anyone at any part of the stage early would be kind of broken. I'll disregard its fault though, because jesus christ it KILLS people that are not heavyweight/fast fallers. Kills Rosalina at ~105 with high rage... it's so satisfying to land. So glad that my two favorite moves of Mewtwo are still one of his best. By the way, where's @ U-Throw U-Throw ? I haven't seen him around. :X

I haven't touched any other character since I got Mewtwo. I can't be the only one that's not disappointed by Mewtwo... yeah, yeah, I too think he's low tier (based on first impressions) but that doesn't matter at all to me because he's incredibly fun to play. I say to embrace the fact he's low tier! #LowTierHeroes4Lyfe
Hey, it's me! I suppose you all might be wondering where the heck I've been. Well, it's a little complicated, but, basically, a ton of stuff came up at once: Tests, work, family things, etc. My keyboard also broke, so I haven't been able to view this site on my computer for awhile, which is where I do the majority of my posting. I don't know how long all of this is going to last, but it's probably going to be a little bit, and I won't be able to be a regular here again until all of this blows over.
Saddest of all, I haven't been able to use Mewtwo, period. I've got him downloaded and everything, but I haven't been able to actually play as him. However, from what I've heard, he sounds incredible! I love the glass cannon concept that Sakurai went with, and I expect that he'll be a ton of fun to main, once I get the chance. I'm loving his palette swaps, as well! The cyan and red ones, in particular, stick out to me, and I think that, when I finally get the chance to use him, those'll be the two palette swaps that I use the most.
Admittidley, though, I'm a little upset that he doesn't have any Custom moves. To me, that almost makes him feel like he's a step behind the rest of the cast, and I don't like that feeling at all. I really hope that Sakurai and the devs find time to complete Mewtwo's Custom moves, because I'm really interested in what they could do with them, especially after seeing the incomplete remnants. I just think that they have so much potential, it'd almost be a shame to see Mewtwo's Customs go to waste. However, the absence of Customs for him is so small and insignificant compared to everything else Mewtwo got, that I'm hardly mad about it. I'm just really excited and anxious to get to use him!
Anyway, I'm really sorry for my recent absence. I really wish that I could frequent here and contribute to the discission, but until everything clears up and I actually get the chance to try Mewtwo out, I don't think it's possible. I might even have to withdraw from Speed's Mewtwo-only tournament. My apologies to everyone who's been wondering where I am. This is just the first chance I've had to post here since Wednesday-ish. I'll try my best to be on here more often, but I can't make any promises. Once all this clears up, though, rest assured: I'll be on this Board and Mewtwo like white on rice. Until then...

~U-Throw =]

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I love using Mewtwo, but getting KO'd really early while trying to do a Classic 9.0 run on the Wii U is sad. I can't even get past the Fighting Mii Team because of all the explosions that kill me at low percentages. ;_;

D

Deleted member

Well guys, you got the mid-tier character you wanted. Sometimes what you think is the right decision, turns out to be the worst.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Hey, it's me! I suppose you all might be wondering where the heck I've been. Well, it's a little complicated, but, basically, a ton of stuff came up at once: Tests, work, family things, etc. My keyboard also broke, so I haven't been able to view this site on my computer for awhile, which is where I do the majority of my posting. I don't know how long all of this is going to last, but it's probably going to be a little bit, and I won't be able to be a regular here again until all of this blows over.
Saddest of all, I haven't been able to use Mewtwo, period. I've got him downloaded and everything, but I haven't been able to actually play as him. However, from what I've heard, he sounds incredible! I love the glass cannon concept that Sakurai went with, and I expect that he'll be a ton of fun to main, once I get the chance. I'm loving his palette swaps, as well! The cyan and red ones, in particular, stick out to me, and I think that, when I finally get the chance to use him, those'll be the two palette swaps that I use the most.
Admittidley, though, I'm a little upset that he doesn't have any Custom moves. To me, that almost makes him feel like he's a step behind the rest of the cast, and I don't like that feeling at all. I really hope that Sakurai and the devs find time to complete Mewtwo's Custom moves, because I'm really interested in what they could do with them, especially after seeing the incomplete remnants. I just think that they have so much potential, it'd almost be a shame to see Mewtwo's Customs go to waste. However, the absence of Customs for him is so small and insignificant compared to everything else Mewtwo got, that I'm hardly mad about it. I'm just really excited and anxious to get to use him!
Anyway, I'm really sorry for my recent absence. I really wish that I could frequent here and contribute to the discission, but until everything clears up and I actually get the chance to try Mewtwo out, I don't think it's possible. I might even have to withdraw from Speed's Mewtwo-only tournament. My apologies to everyone who's been wondering where I am. This is just the first chance I've had to post here since Wednesday-ish. I'll try my best to be on here more often, but I can't make any promises. Once all this clears up, though, rest assured: I'll be on this Board and Mewtwo like white on rice. Until then...

~U-Throw =]
Alrighty! Come back soon~ Trust me, you will absolutely love Mewtwo in Sm4sh. :D

Top Bottom