• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Red-Ruby

Smash Cadet
Is there anyone interested in a 3DS Mewtwo code? I want everyone to be able to enjoy him. I'll just play as Mario on my 3ds instead :)

If you are interested, send me a PM with why you want it (and offering somethig in return is always apreciated;p)

But don't get me wrong, I really posted this to give someone the oppertunity to enjoy mewtwo early as well:)

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Every time I watch the trailer, and I see Mewtwo hitting Duck Hunt with a Shadow Ball, I always think to myself, "How does that work? DHD is a normal type!"

BZero

Smash Journeyman
NNID
brand23
Is there anyone interested in a 3DS Mewtwo code? I want everyone to be able to enjoy him. I'll just play as Mario on my 3ds instead :)

If you are interested, send me a PM with why you want it (and offering somethig in return is always apreciated;p)

But don't get me wrong, I really posted this to give someone the oppertunity to enjoy mewtwo early as well:)
If only my 3DS wasn't broken... :c

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
So the Genesect movie was just released on Netflix last week. I can barely watch it with the female voice for Mewtwo.
No disrespect, but having grown up with the original movie, tirelessly playing Puzzle League until I could get to the secret stage vs Mewtwo, and playing the character to death in Melee, giving him a female voice just feels wrong.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of Mario, I have always thought that Mario and Mewtwo had some type of connection that can't really be explained, like, in Brawl, despite the fact that Mewtwo was gone, I felt his presence manifested into Mario, and it was almost as if Mewtwo was there, because when I played Mario, I felt like I was playing Mewtwo in a sense.
Also:

Their poses are almost exactly the same.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Speaking of Mario, I have always thought that Mario and Mewtwo had some type of connection that can't really be explained, like, in Brawl, despite the fact that Mewtwo was gone, I felt his presence manifested into Mario, and it was almost as if Mewtwo was there, because when I played Mario, I felt like I was playing Mewtwo in a sense.
Also:

Many people share that pose. IE: Bowser. (Although this pose was originally Mewtwo's before it was anyone else's and is iconic to Meleetwo)

Last edited:

BZero

Smash Journeyman
NNID
brand23
Also:

Holy crap, I didn't even realize how similar their poses are.

Last edited:

Red-Ruby

Smash Cadet
Warning Received
Also:

You have no idea how happy you made me with that post.. I hope that means I won't have such a hard time mastering him!

If only my 3DS wasn't broken... :c
I'm sorry to hear that:(

Last edited by a moderator:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
I can't feel Mewtwo when playing as Mario, haha. If anything it's Ness for me. :p

Stick Dude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sticker
3DS FC
1633-4504-2636
Also:

I've always loved playing as Mario, I don't know about them having some kind of connection though.

Last edited:

CeruleanFlow

Smash Cadet
NNID
CeruleanFlow
So the Genesect movie was just released on Netflix last week. I can barely watch it with the female voice for Mewtwo.
No disrespect, but having grown up with the original movie, tirelessly playing Puzzle League until I could get to the secret stage vs Mewtwo, and playing the character to death in Melee, giving him a female voice just feels wrong.
I was the same way! I tried it watch it the other night and just shut it off and fell asleep. It just wasn't the, "Cloned and tested by humans, and then broke out of captivity to seek revenge" Mewtwo that I know and love from the orignal movie..

D

Deleted member

I can't feel Mewtwo when playing as Mario, haha. If anything it's Ness for me. :p
Well, just imagine that Mewtwo's tail was the equivalent of Mario's foot, then both would have a backflip kick, that side-tilt, that down-tilt, and in terms of already established non-imagination moves we've got Side-Smash, and Side-B (animation wise)

Although I think it goes a bit deeper than that, though it's hard to explain.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
But why do that when you could replace Ganon-Punch with a Sword strike?
Please don't TL;DR this:

For all of you Falcondorf haters, I actually like clonedorf, and clones in general. Because some characters don't benefit from or constitute being unique, when their resources could be used to provide an alternate playstyle to another character. Like a fan favorite, Roy, for example: Making him unique doesn't say anything about the character, all it does is sever the synergy between the cast, when Roy could be fire Marth, not only giving Marth fans an alternate way to play their character for backup's sake, but Roy fans also have an alternate Roy to play, which is Marth. They go hand in hand, with the good part being that both are still unique enough to have certain groups of people devoted to them, but not unique enough to make your character "lonely".

Also, going back to the Ganondorf/Falco/Synergy example, if Ganondorf was never a clone of Falcon then you would probably never have any Falcon vs Ganon battles, because most of them are friendly "battle of the clones" fights anyways. By making Ganon unique, you are completely annihilating such a wonderful thing in the smash community (the connection amongst you all), just to have a character, who, in all actually, may not be any better than Zelda, that's not counting how Falcon vs Ganons would turn from being the equivalent to Mario vs. Dr.Mario (or even Luigi) matches, to Wii Fit Trainer vs. Robin matches (a WTF battle).

Next time you people, and the smash community as a whole, mindlessly bash clones for not being unique, think about what unique means, if anything in smash, and if being unique would really help the game, that, and some say that clones ruin smash, but they might be the very thing holding it together.
Replace dorf with Deathborn from fzero. Now everything works. Then dual swords fabudorf can be a thing. So meh on you.

kirby3021

Smash Journeyman
I feel you. I watched Mewtwo Strikes Back, Mewtwo Returns, Origins, and The Legend Awakened to prepare for Mewtwo's release and my personal preference is the first. Wouldn't mind Origins either. To each their own, though. I'm hoping for a male and female voice option, like Robin

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
I feel you. I watched Mewtwo Strikes Back, Mewtwo Returns, Origins, and The Legend Awakened to prepare for Mewtwo's release and my personal preference is the first. Wouldn't mind Origins either. To each their own, though. I'm hoping for a male and female voice option, like Robin
100% this

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
What if Mewtwo also shouted "Time to tip the scales!"?

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Please don't TL;DR this:

For all of you Falcondorf haters, I actually like clonedorf, and clones in general. Because some characters don't benefit from or constitute being unique, when their resources could be used to provide an alternate playstyle to another character. Like a fan favorite, Roy, for example: Making him unique doesn't say anything about the character, all it does is sever the synergy between the cast, when Roy could be fire Marth, not only giving Marth fans an alternate way to play their character for backup's sake, but Roy fans also have an alternate Roy to play, which is Marth. They go hand in hand, with the good part being that both are still unique enough to have certain groups of people devoted to them, but not unique enough to make your character "lonely".

Also, going back to the Ganondorf/Falco/Synergy example, if Ganondorf was never a clone of Falcon then you would probably never have any Falcon vs Ganon battles, because most of them are friendly "battle of the clones" fights anyways. By making Ganon unique, you are completely annihilating such a wonderful thing in the smash community (the connection amongst you all), just to have a character, who, in all actually, may not be any better than Zelda, that's not counting how Falcon vs Ganons would turn from being the equivalent to Mario vs. Dr.Mario (or even Luigi) matches, to Wii Fit Trainer vs. Robin matches (a WTF battle).

Next time you people, and the smash community as a whole, mindlessly bash clones for not being unique, think about what unique means, if anything in smash, and if being unique would really help the game, that, and some say that clones ruin smash, but they might be the very thing holding it together.
Or...

Sakurai made a mistake in making Ganondorf a clone. And so what if we wouldn't have as many Falcon vs Ganon battles? What a horrible world we'd live in if we couldn't see Falcon effortlessly combo his inferior clone for days.

And I may not speak for everyone here, but I don't mind clones as long as they make sense to be a clone (bonus points for being semi-clones that have significant differences from the original). But Ganondorf being a Captain Falcon clone doesn't make sense, not one little bit. And yes, I know why he's a clone. Still doesn't mean that it isn't beyond stupid. And clones holding Smash together and bringing the community together? What was any of that, seriously? The same Smash community that booed Smash 4 because it wasn't Melee? How are clones these magical pixies that make sunshine and rainbows, exactly?

You can like Falcondorf all you want, but that doesn't change the fact that he is without a doubt the most poorly represented fighter in the history of this franchise. Quite frankly, he deserves better than Sakurai.

Last edited:

C_Swirl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
C_Swirls
3DS FC
3583-1148-6789
What color of SB does everybody view the site in? I was messing around with my preferences and I like white SB a butt ton better than the default.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Why would you resist? If you want a code you can have it!
Wanted to see if I could wait for 28th, ya know?

EDIT: on second thought, I'm going to keep on waiting but thanks for the offer though! ^_^

Last edited:

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
What color of SB does everybody view the site in? I was messing around with my preferences and I like white SB a butt ton better than the default.
I personally use Project M, even if I don't really play it anymore, the design is just epic.

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
Eh, when you're here in the wee hours of the night, I find white too eye-straining, so I use Black SB

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Default. I tried the other ones and most of them were too bright and made my eyes uncomfortable. I'm too used to default wahahaha

C3CC

Smash Lord
I use Cobalt, personally.

By this time next week, we will have played quite some time with Mewtwo. I can't wait to hear his voice :D

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
60 Hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also I use P;M theme. Used to use Dark/Emerald/Cobalt. Anything but the white default holy crap that hurts my eyeballs. I don't like White/Orange as a theme. >.<

Last edited:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
I use Sapphire.

On an unrelated note, I just remembered that I have an orthodontist appointment on the 15th. Ugh...

Stick Dude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sticker
3DS FC
1633-4504-2636
I'm trying out different themes right now. I like the white default but it hurts my eyes. :ohwell:
I use Sapphire.

On an unrelated note, I just remembered that I have an orthodontist appointment on the 15th. Ugh...
That sucks. :(

Last edited:
Top Bottom