• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm not saying that he was designed to have connections to Falcon, but by being a clone it inevitably happened, and it's a good thing. You see, I actually like Ganondorf, but ultimately, I don't mind him being a clone. It's not like he's an Olimar clone of some nonsense like that. And once more, what will being unique accomplish? This is the problem with all communities: they wan't something really badly, and think it'll be so good until they get it, like Smash 4. People are already talking about giving up on the game, when just about 8 or so months back, they were doing backflips at their desks as they cheered for a new announcement, screaming at some of the new character additions.

Like previously established, clones help to unify and strengthen the bond between the cast. I honestly couldn't imagine a balanced (or even stable) game without them. (despite the fact that this game in my opinion isn't balanced, but that's irrelevant).
First things first; I love this game. And, I'll admit, I do kind of like Ganondorf's playstyle.

But I think character representation comes first in this game, being all about, you know, the characters.

Perhaps they could take more steps to declone him without changing his play style too much. Look at Pit. His side special, down special, and up special all got changed. The same could happen to Ganondorf, and suddenly, he'd look so much different from Falcon. Then they could just change his A moves that look the same. Change up tilt into some dark blast or something.

They've already taken some steps in this direction, but I'm still waiting for the day that they embrace it completely.

D

Deleted member

First things first; I love this game. And, I'll admit, I do kind of like Ganondorf's playstyle.

But I think character representation comes first in this game, being all about, you know, the characters.

Perhaps they could take more steps to declone him without changing his play style too much. Look at Pit. His side special, down special, and up special all got changed. The same could happen to Ganondorf, and suddenly, he'd look so much different from Falcon. Then they could just change his A moves that look the same. Change up tilt into some dark blast or something.

They've already taken some steps in this direction, but I'm still waiting for the day that they embrace it completely.
I think that if anything, if they are really going to change him, they should go the Luigi/Lucas route with him: Making him unique enough to stand out, but keeping enough things the same to remember where he came from (smash-wise, that is).

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I'm fine with it when it thematically makes sense.

Roy is fine; he's a sword-wielding FE Lord.
Falco is fine; he's one of Fox's teammates, who wields the same technology.
Doc, Pitooey, and Lucy are fine; they're basically just extensions of alt skins.
Toon Link is fine; he's the same guy as Link, just with a different art style(and physics).

But Ganondorf? He never has and never will have any connection to Captain Falcon.
I'm fine with his play style, but that's still not Ganon out there throwing punches. That's a slower Captain Falcon.

I want Ganondorf to be...well, Ganondorf. He's Link's and Zelda's arch nemesis, the demon king, not an F-Zero racer.
Pretty sure Falcon doesn't go around catching criminals with Falcon Punches and Kicks either.

Making him a Falcon clone in Melee actually kind of fit then in my opinion, since OOT Ganon WAS kind of hammy.

As for using his sword, it seems he only pulls it out when a) he's tried everything else and his back is at the wall,
b) his powers have been taken away (Wind Waker) or c) is facing an opponent he deems worthy.
Against everything else he tends to just use raw force augmented by the Triforce of Power.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Pretty sure Falcon doesn't go around catching criminals with Falcon Punches and Kicks either.

Making him a Falcon clone in Melee actually kind of fit then in my opinion, since OOT Ganon WAS kind of hammy.

As for using his sword, it seems he only pulls it out when a) he's tried everything else and his back is at the wall,
b) his powers have been taken away (Wind Waker) or c) is facing an opponent he deems worthy.
Against everything else he tends to just use raw force augmented by the Triforce of Power.
Captain Falcon's a Bounty Hunter that also competes in high-speed races. Chances are he does do that but we've yet to see it because outside of the anime, we've seen very little of F-Zero.

Seeing as Smash Bros is a crossover of Nintendo's All-Stars and really prestigious third parties I'd be doing my best instead of holding back because of "Pride."

I'd rather Ganondorf have some of his own moves instead of being a heavily augmented Captain falcon.
Dead Man's Volley.
More use of his sword.
Phantoms.

D

Deleted member

So, what do all of you think of Myuutsu's moveset thus far? So far, my only complaint is that Mewtwo doesn't seem to have many voice clips according to the trailer (the only time I heard one was when he was firing his shadow ball at DHD), and as a result of this, his "nigh-ee!" SFX is seemingly gone, while the big bulk of his SFXs have been replaced by general SSBB-esque boss battle cries.

Spirst

So, what do all of you think of Myuutsu's moveset thus far? So far, my only complaint is that Mewtwo doesn't seem to have many voice clips according to the trailer (the only time I heard one was when he was firing his shadow ball at DHD), and as a result of this, his "nigh-ee!" SFX is seemingly gone, while the big bulk of his SFXs have been replaced by general SSBB-esque boss battle cries.
Greninja also didn't have a voice in his trailer (just move sound effects) yet has the Gollum voice in the English version so I wouldn't count anything out yet.

Last edited:

Red-Ruby

Smash Cadet
Before you get disapointed too much, remember Mewtwo is this awesome badass psychic pokemon. It would be pretty cool if he were a little quiete while fighting.

Or maybe it was even left out so that the trailer would be nicer

Last edited:

Red-Ruby

Smash Cadet
It was left out so the great Femtwo vs Meleetwo voice debate may rage on
I really don't want a female voice for him. His first voice was male so we know him as a male badass, changing that is like giving lara croft or catwoman a sex change. Just not logical

Last edited:

BZero

Smash Journeyman
NNID
brand23
Before you get disapointed too much, remember Mewtwo is this awesome badass psychic pokemon. It would be pretty cool if he were a little quiete while fighting.

As long as he has the bada** "Hm hm hm hmmh" spinning taunt, my life will be complete.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I really don't want a female voice for him. His first voice was male so It makes sense ro keep it. That's like changing lara croft into a dude with a big crotch bulge. Just not logical
That already happened with Uncharted. :p

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
At first I was really worried they'd go for the NewTwo voice, but after seeing that trailer, I'm fairly confident they won't.

Why? Because it seems they're first priority is to appeal to the classic Mewtwo fans from Melee. His official render is in the same position. Not a single one of the moves we've seen has been changed too much; buffed, yes, but not completely replaced.

With Mewtwo's old Melee fandom clearly in the developer's mind, certainly they'd go with a ClassicTwo voice for him.

Last edited:

Red-Ruby

Smash Cadet
At first I was really worried they'd go for the NewTwo voice, but after seeing that trailer, I'm fairly confident they won't.

Why? Because it seems they're first priority is to appeal to the classic Mewtwo fans from Melee. His official render is in the same position. Not a single one of the moves we've seen has been changed too much; buffed, yes, but not completely replaced.

With Mewtwo's old Melee fandom clearly in the developer's mind, certainly they'd go with a ClassicTwo voice for him.
That's all very true. And sakurai likes to use the iconic and loved character styles I think. Like he did with PacMan for example.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Captain Falcon's a Bounty Hunter that also competes in high-speed races. Chances are he does do that but we've yet to see it because outside of the anime, we've seen very little of F-Zero.

Seeing as Smash Bros is a crossover of Nintendo's All-Stars and really prestigious third parties I'd be doing my best instead of holding back because of "Pride."

I'd rather Ganondorf have some of his own moves instead of being a heavily augmented Captain falcon.
Dead Man's Volley.
More use of his sword.
Phantoms.
Well, unfortunately for you the kid playing with the trophies probably sees him more as a ruthless
mastermind who eliminates his opponents swiftly and efficiently with the most powerful weapon at his disposal:
raw power enhanced by the Triforce of Power.

Ganon's never used Phantoms himself in any game, unless you consider Bellum to be an offshoot of him,
and even then that's stretching it.

Considering how much people hate how Dedede's gordos can be hit back at him, I'd give the playerbase
two days of playing with Dead Man's volley before cursing about how anything can deflect it.

D

Deleted member

I don't think that any excuses should be used here (moreso directed at Nintendo than you), as Nintendo has 6 months to work on this character and make him the best he could be, and to be honest, that should've taken priority, and they should've been working on that, as opposed to making Lucas and useless Mii Skins.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I don't think that any excuses should be used here (moreso directed at Nintendo than you), as Nintendo has 6 months to work on this character and make him the best he could be, and to be honest, that should've taken priority, and they should've been working on that, as opposed to making Lucas and useless Mii Skins.
Hey, working on Lucas was a good thing! The Mii Skins I agree with but honestly, it's Greninja's trailer again

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm sure that if you go to the Lucas boards, they'd disagree with you.

And I can't imagine the mii skins took that much effort to create.

Last edited:

Red-Ruby

Smash Cadet
Yeah that is very true, half of the mii skins are stupid anyways. I think they wasted the oppertunity to give mii's more unplayable character themed skins like they did with X Zero and Majora's mask. Those are the only really good skins because they cover fairly popular requests in an easy way.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Well, unfortunately for you the kid playing with the trophies probably sees him more as a ruthless
mastermind who eliminates his opponents swiftly and efficiently with the most powerful weapon at his disposal:

Ganon's never used Phantoms himself in any game, unless you consider Bellum to be an offshoot of him,

Considering how much people hate how Dedede's gordos can be hit back at him, I'd give the playerbase
two days of playing with Dead Man's volley before cursing about how anything can deflect it.
Phantom Ganon.
Hardly swift and efficient when he's too busy getting projectile spammed and juggled and read like an open book.
Gordo's being able to be deflected isn't accurate. You touch it you take damage in the Kirby series.
Dead man's Volley has shown to be capable of being reflected by both the user and the receiver so...

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex

Ganon has never used "raw power" technically (Except for Smash and now Hyrule Warriors)

He has used magic and weapons. I don't know where your cannon of Ganondorf is coming from. Sure it's not a stretch to view him as able to pack a punch, but it's not what has been shown ever in the games.

In game cannon he has used Dead Man's Volley. A super powered Dead-Man's Volley. Multiple Dead Man's Volley at the same time. A shockwave inducing slam. Created phantoms of himself. Weapons of all sorts. Mind control. Telekinesis. Telepathy. Levitation. Teleportation. Transformed into his beast form.

If anything cannon Ganondorf is closer to Mewtwo than to "Smash" Ganondorf.

I myself was much more inclined to have Black Shadow join Smash and get Ganon's exact bodyframe and moveset. Then have Ganon get a new moveset. Or have Beast/Pig Ganon join Smash with a trident and all of Ganon's magic and psychic attacks.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Ganon has never used "raw power" technically (Except for Smash and now Hyrule Warriors)

He has used magic and weapons. I don't know where your cannon of Ganondorf is coming from.

Sure it's not a stretch to view him as able to pack a punch but it's not what has been shown ever. He has used Dead Man's Volley. A super powered Dead-Man's Volley. Multiple Dead Man's Volley at the same time. A shockwave inducing slam. Created phantoms of himself. Weapons of all sorts. Mind control. Telekinesis. Telepathy. Teleportation. Tranformed into his beast form.

If anything cannon Ganondorf is closer to Mewtwo than to "Smash" Ganondorf.

I myself was much more inclined to have Black Shadow join Smash and get Ganon's exact bodyframe and moveset. Then have Ganon get a new moveset.
I'm voting for Ganontwo now

D

Deleted member

I think that Lucas could've had development begin on him later, as opposed to during Mewtwo's time, and the Miis should have gotten an update to be playable online (via basic miis, with possibly an outfit of choice), as opposed to creating Mii skins which ultimately can just be hacked in when the technology allows it (if they're even worth it).

Last edited by a moderator:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I think that Lucas could've had development begin on him later, as opposed to during Mewtwo's time, and the Miis should have gotten an update to be playable online (via basic miis, with possibly an outfit of choice), as opposed to creating Mii skins which ultimately can just be hacked in when the technology allows it (if they're even worth it).
Well, as Mewtwo fans, of course we'd want Mewtwo early. But what makes us so special that Lucas has to be delayed just for us?

I'm sure those skins took far less effort then it would to make them playable online. There's a reason they're seventy-five cents a piece.

D

Deleted member

I'm not quite sure about that. All they'd have to do is change like, one line of code, and all of a sudden, their icon is there, and just to make sure, just create undeleteable default miis to be used. In fact, it would literally be so easy that they could sell it to you for free, bundled with the update.

KarleKat

Smash Cadet
To help pass the time I have been laboriously unlocking the 376 custom moves in the game. I'm up to 353.
To interject something in your earlier conversation, Ganondorf is incredibly useful as he is, and if not for one of his similarities to CAPTAIN FALCON THE FAHHBULOUS, I would have to do all of this manually.

As it is: god bless Target Blast, god bless Turbo controllers, god bless Falcondorf, and thank goodness it's almost finished.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
To help pass the time I have been laboriously unlocking the 376 custom moves in the game. I'm up to 353.
To interject something in your earlier conversation, Ganondorf is incredibly useful as he is, and if not for one of his similarities to CAPTAIN FALCON THE FAHHBULOUS, I would have to do all of this manually.

As it is: god bless Target Blast, god bless Turbo controllers, god bless Falcondorf, and thank goodness it's almost finished.
Target blast? That helps?

D

Deleted member

(Users: 17, Guests: 11)
Now that's more like it! Give Mewtwo the respect he deserves... maybe that's a bit excessive...
:4mewtwo:

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom