• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Recently found out April 15th is also my mom's payday. I'm going to see if I can talk her into making it a pizza night.
Get some sushi instead. I always ask my parents for sushi to celebrate things. Sushi da bess

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I actually can't stand sushi.

The only seafood I believe in is fish sticks and tuna salad.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I am pleased to announce that @ ZephyrZ ZephyrZ has won the Mewtwo submissions award. :) I'll reveal the details on what it is on the day Mewtwo releases! Thank you all for participating! (if you did, that is...)

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
It's amazing what a mix of sugar, caffeine, and Mewtwo hype can do to your brain.
I am pleased to announce that @ ZephyrZ ZephyrZ has won the Mewtwo submissions award. :) I'll reveal the details on what it is on the day Mewtwo releases! Thank you all for participating! (if you did, that is...)
Already said this via PM, but whooo!

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
So someone was saying earlier that Lucina, MK, and Mewtwo don't completely cover all their weaknesses. Out of the TBD characters (Robin, Greninja, Rosalina & Luma, Lucario, and Sonic), what do they add?

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
So someone was saying earlier that Lucina, MK, and Mewtwo don't completely cover all their weaknesses. Out of the TBD characters (Robin, Greninja, Rosalina & Luma, Lucario, and Sonic), what do they add?
Best choice I'd say Sonic > Greninja > Lucario > Rosaluma > Robin.

Sonic and Greninja are offensive characters which balances out your mains since 2 of your current ones are defensive. Sonic can handle top tiers very well and is arguably top 5 in the game. Greninja is still really good even when nerfed and can handle top tiers decently. Lucario, although a defensive character, has good matchups against top tier rushdowns that can't kill well like Sheik and Pikachu... he's not great against Diddy though. Rosaluma and Robin are bad fits because they're defensive and don't cover Mewtwo, MK, or Lucina's bad matchups (Diddy, Sheik, Pikachu, etc)

Mewtwo, MK, and Lucina has troubles against top tier characters and rushdowns so focus on those. Sonic is probably your best choice. Greninja second best choice because he's offensive like Sonic. Lucario is 3rd best because good against some of the top tiers, but like your current mains he's kinda light and a defensive character. Rosaluma and Robin are bad choices.

One more thing: my reasoning is probably flawed. I dunno these characters that well except for Pikachu, Mewtwo, and Lucario because I don't play them. Most of what I just said is general knowledge and my opinion. I can say for certain though Sonic is your best choice because he's just stupidly good in this game.

Last edited:

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
I was forgetting what those days before felt like...

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Best choice I'd say Sonic > Greninja > Lucario > Rosaluma > Robin.

Sonic and Greninja are offensive characters which balances out your mains since 2 of your current ones are defensive. Sonic can handle top tiers very well and is arguably top 5 in the game. Greninja is still really good even when nerfed and can handle top tiers decently. Lucario, although a defensive character, has good matchups against top tier rushdowns that can't kill well like Sheik and Pikachu... he's not great against Diddy though. Rosaluma and Robin are bad fits because they're defensive and don't cover Mewtwo, MK, or Lucina's bad matchups (Diddy, Sheik, Pikachu, etc)

Mewtwo, MK, and Lucina has troubles against top tier characters and rushdowns so focus on those. Sonic is probably your best choice. Greninja second best choice because he's offensive like Sonic. Lucario is 3rd best because good against some of the top tiers, but like your current mains he's kinda light and a defensive character. Rosaluma and Robin are bad choices.

One more thing: my reasoning is probably flawed. I dunno these characters that well except for Pikachu, Mewtwo, and Lucario because I don't play them. Most of what I just said is general knowledge and my opinion. I can say for certain though Sonic is your best choice because he's just stupidly good in this game.
Well, I mostly play offensively, so maybe Robin would be out. Idk about Rosalina though, she could have offensive potential. Leaning more towards Greninja than Lucario as of recently, but still not certain. Thought of removing Sonic from my TBD list, but I'm not completely sure on that yet.
EDIT: Finally chose my favorite. Greninja > Lucario.

Last edited:

GreninjaTwo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NintenTheScout
3DS FC
0989-1996-0168
3 DAYS LEFT.

(Or more specifically: 2 days and 23 hours.)

Last edited:

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
How's your internet doing mate? I really need to know someone who can answer questions for me as soon as Mewtwo releases :p

Also @ Metros Metros are you also from AU?
Yep. Born and raised here. Though I'm half European. :)

Edit: Sorry for the double post!!!!!!!

Edit again...

OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH

....that quality :love::love::love:

Last edited:

Browny

Smash Hater

Hay guise, hope I'm not late to this debate, but I cant be late coz I'm in THE FUTURE

I use the almighty /sarcasm tag to make me immune to infractions

Last edited:

mobilisq

Smash Ace
How do i know i can trust this link? : 3

butseriouslyhowdoiknowicantrustthisidontwannarandomlydownloadsomethigniknownothingabout
The company behind that program has been around for years, and I use it myself. I know that doesn't say much, since you don't really know me, but I can almost guarantee it'll help fix some issues for ya

Last edited:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
This thread is awfully quiet today. Just like yesterday. Meh, no matter... I see good times ahead in the 15th...

Red-Ruby

Smash Cadet
I really hope I will be able to play well as Mewtwo, I love him so much!
#yeshomounlesit'sfemtwo

C_Swirl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
C_Swirls
3DS FC
3583-1148-6789
*Falls asleep while on thread*
*Misses 72 hour hype*
*Wakes up*
*Goes back on thread to see progress*
*Sees 26 Alerts*

Goodmorning everyone ^-^

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Only three pages overnight? I'm disappointed in you, Mewtwo mains. I expect more from you:p! Seriously, though, the recent decline in activity has allowed me to fall back into reading and liking everyone's posts, so that's nice.
On an unrelated note, I finally got Hyrule Warriors yesterday, and I'm loving it so far. My favorite characters as of yet is Sheik because she has a fast attack style, and also because of her Harp. Mostly the Harp. It's really unique and makes her much more interesting to play as. Ironically, I don't particularly like playing as Sheik is Smash. I mean, Bouncing Fish is OK, but none of her other moves really appeal to me. I guess it's all in the context of the game.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Only three pages overnight? I'm disappointed in you, Mewtwo mains. I expect more from you:p! Seriously, though, the recent decline in activity has allowed me to fall back into reading and liking everyone's posts, so that's nice.
On an unrelated note, I finally got Hyrule Warriors yesterday, and I'm loving it so far. My favorite characters as of yet is Sheik because she has a fast attack style, and also because of her Harp. Mostly the Harp. It's really unique and makes her much more interesting to play as. Ironically, I don't particularly like playing as Sheik is Smash. I mean, Bouncing Fish is OK, but none of her other moves really appeal to me. I guess it's all in the context of the game.
Super Saiyandorf was my favourite in that.
It actually feels like I'm playing as Ganondorf unlike in Smash Bros.

thebadlamp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thebadlamp2
3DS FC
0963-0296-0917
Why is it that everyone in this thread also happens to be wherever I look?

kirby3021

Smash Journeyman
Yep, I do enjoy me some Hyrule Warriors. That, and the new Xenoblade for 3ds is pretty sweet. It's a good way to bide time until Mewtwo

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Yep, I do enjoy me some Hyrule Warriors. That, and the new Xenoblade for 3ds is pretty sweet. It's a good way to bide time until Mewtwo
Not so much new as it is a port.
And it'll last long beyond Mewtwo's release. New Game plus and the superbosses.

Top Bottom