• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
Ikr? When I first got hyrule warriors I was like "This needs to be an alt for Ganon in smash bros."
My favorite Ganon from Samsh is the Melee design based on OOT. He looks so much more intimidating and he has a much better run animation. Brawl/Sm4sh Ganon looks clunky and when he runs he resembles a chunky 5th grader trying to run with his backpack on

BZero

Smash Journeyman
NNID
brand23
My favorite Ganon from Samsh is the Melee design based on OOT. He looks so much more intimidating and he has a much better run animation. Brawl/Sm4sh Ganon looks clunky and when he runs he resembles a chunky 5th grader trying to run with his backpack on
I agree. I also liked how in melee his :GCA: attack was more like a punch. Now it kinda looks more like a push type animation.

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
I agree. I also liked how in melee his :GCA: attack was more like a punch. Now it kinda looks more like a push type animation.
Pretty much. Also, is it just me, or when Ganon is doing the Warlock Punch, does it sound like he's taking a massive ****?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
you guys... its not ONE day its 2 days...... pretty certain the 15th for us is the 16th overseas.
If the Mewtwo codes are deployed in waves (when each timezone hits midnight which we're going off of) then yes. There is One day and a fair few hours left before Mewtwo Strikes Back.

I still have 2 days 7 hours and about 23 minutes left.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Please don't TL;DR this:

For all of you Falcondorf haters, I actually like clonedorf, and clones in general. Because some characters don't benefit from or constitute being unique, when their resources could be used to provide an alternate playstyle to another character. Like a fan favorite, Roy, for example: Making him unique doesn't say anything about the character, all it does is sever the synergy between the cast, when Roy could be fire Marth, not only giving Marth fans an alternate way to play their character for backup's sake, but Roy fans also have an alternate Roy to play, which is Marth. They go hand in hand, with the good part being that both are still unique enough to have certain groups of people devoted to them, but not unique enough to make your character "lonely".

Also, going back to the Ganondorf/Falco/Synergy example, if Ganondorf was never a clone of Falcon then you would probably never have any Falcon vs Ganon battles, because most of them are friendly "battle of the clones" fights anyways. By making Ganon unique, you are completely annihilating such a wonderful thing in the smash community (the connection amongst you all), just to have a character, who, in all actually, may not be any better than Zelda, that's not counting how Falcon vs Ganons would turn from being the equivalent to Mario vs. Dr.Mario (or even Luigi) matches, to Wii Fit Trainer vs. Robin matches (a WTF battle).

Next time you people, and the smash community as a whole, mindlessly bash clones for not being unique, think about what unique means, if anything in smash, and if being unique would really help the game, that, and some say that clones ruin smash, but they might be the very thing holding it together.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Please don't TL;DR this:

For all of you Falcondorf haters, I actually like clonedorf, and clones in general. Because some characters don't benefit from or constitute being unique, when their resources could be used to provide an alternate playstyle to another character. Like a fan favorite, Roy, for example: Making him unique doesn't say anything about the character, all it does is sever the synergy between the cast, when Roy could be fire Marth, not only giving Marth fans an alternate way to play their character for backup's sake, but Roy fans also have an alternate Roy to play, which is Marth. They go hand in hand, with the good part being that both are still unique enough to have certain groups of people devoted to them, but not unique enough to make your character "lonely".

Also, going back to the Ganondorf/Falco/Synergy example, if Ganondorf was never a clone of Falcon then you would probably never have any Falcon vs Ganon battles, because most of them are friendly "battle of the clones" fights anyways. By making Ganon unique, you are completely annihilating such a wonderful thing in the smash community (the connection amongst you all), just to have a character, who, in all actually, may not be any better than Zelda, that's not counting how Falcon vs Ganons would turn from being the equivalent to Mario vs. Dr.Mario (or even Luigi) matches, to Wii Fit Trainer vs. Robin matches (a WTF battle).

Next time you people, and the smash community as a whole, mindlessly bash clones for not being unique, think about what unique means, if anything in smash, and if being unique would really help the game, that, and some say that clones ruin smash, but they might be the very thing holding it together.
I've only get something against cookie-cutter clones. I want to see Ganon get a new moveset but I've always believed some newcomer should inherit his old one

D

Deleted member

I think Ganon should have some unique moves, just to let people know it's him and not just Falcon, but I think most of his moves should remain the same, like Uair, Dair, Fair, Side-B, Possibly Down-B, Down-throw, you know, the staple clone moves.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Either way, the point is that clones do have their place in the Smash universe, besides, after all, our favorite character's a clone :troll:

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I've got a scary feeling that we won't get Mewtwo when we think we'll be getting him on the 15th.
So don't go staying up till Midnight with your hopes too high.

But of course, I'd love to be wrong.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Please don't TL;DR this:

I'm fine with it when it thematically makes sense.

Roy is fine; he's a sword-wielding FE Lord.
Falco is fine; he's one of Fox's teammates, who wields the same technology.
Doc, Pitooey, and Lucy are fine; they're basically just extensions of alt skins.
Toon Link is fine; he's the same guy as Link, just with a different art style(and physics).

But Ganondorf? He never has and never will have any connection to Captain Falcon.
I'm fine with his play style, but that's still not Ganon out there throwing punches. That's a slower Captain Falcon.

I want Ganondorf to be...well, Ganondorf. He's Link's and Zelda's arch nemesis, the demon king, not an F-Zero racer.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
As a matter of interest guys, I think I know a way to find out when we'll be getting him exactly.

What time does a Smash Bros. patch usually release?

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
As a matter of interest guys, I think I know a way to find out when we'll be getting him exactly.

What time does a Smash Bros. patch usually release?
I remember the patches are usually spread out through a few months; we had the last patch back in...I want to say early March? So if that is correct, then we'll be getting the next patch sometime between Mewtwo and Lucas' release.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Midnigh-oh. Oh! OH!
Really..?

I remember the patches are usually spread out through a few months; we had the last patch back in...I want to say early March? So if that is correct, then we'll be getting the next patch sometime between Mewtwo and Lucas' release.
I meant, as in...time during the day.
Nintendo already announced that a balance patch would release alongside Mewtwo during the direct.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm fine with it when it thematically makes sense.

Roy is fine; he's a sword-wielding FE Lord.
Falco is fine; he's one of Fox's teammates, who wields the same technology.
Doc, Pitooey, and Lucy are fine; they're basically just extensions of alt skins.
Toon Link is fine; he's the same guy as Link, just with a different art style(and physics).

But Ganondorf? He never has and never will have any connection to Captain Falcon.
I'm fine with his play style, but that's still not Ganon out there throwing punches. That's a slower Captain Falcon.

I want Ganondorf to be...well, Ganondorf. He's Link's and Zelda's arch nemesis, the demon king, not an F-Zero racer.
I'm not saying that he was designed to have connections to Falcon, but by being a clone it inevitably happened, and it's a good thing. You see, I actually like Ganondorf, but ultimately, I don't mind him being a clone. It's not like he's an Olimar clone of some nonsense like that. And once more, what will being unique accomplish? This is the problem with all communities: they wan't something really badly, and think it'll be so good until they get it, like Smash 4. People are already talking about giving up on the game, when just about 8 or so months back, they were doing backflips at their desks as they cheered for a new announcement, screaming at some of the new character additions.

Like previously established, clones help to unify and strengthen the bond between the cast. I honestly couldn't imagine a balanced (or even stable) game without them. (despite the fact that this game in my opinion isn't balanced, but that's irrelevant).

Spirst

From what I recall, patches are indeed released around midnight EST.

Last edited:
Top Bottom