• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
"Oh hey It's more Mario maker, this is nice I gue-OH WAIT **** IS THAT SLOPES!? 10/10 GAME GOTY 2019!"
**** yeah man. I've been wanting slopes in Mario Maker for the longest time.

And as soon as I saw that, I knew it was not a port (Thank God).

What I wasn't expecting was the Super Mario 3D World theme... that seriously threw me off.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
I am going to play Mario Maker 2 more than Smash Ultimate and Breath of the Wild combined.

I'm so happy Nintendo FINALLY got to work on the game.

Aside from slopes and muthafukken Cat Suit power ups, the amiibo mushroom is most likely coming back.

Guys

Guys

Guys this means we get to play King K. Rool (edit: and RIDLEY!!!) in a main series Mario game!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This leak talk is getting ridiculous and annoying. I wouldn't be surprised if people would be defending them if the "insiders" were backing their picks.

Vergeben has never been 100% reliable (would put him at 60%), but he has a decent track record. He is an ***hole but when he gets info right, people dismiss him. And when he gets info wrong, people want his head.
I just finished watching the Direct.

And it played out way differently than I thought, and that's not regarding Smash.

I'm not exactly sure how I feel about it overall...

How about you guys?
Really happy with most of the announcements, particularly Astral Chain and Rune Factory 5.

DQXI S is going to make me double dip, and the demos are a nice surprise.

Last edited by a moderator:

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
As far as the direct it was pretty okay! I think the games that got me excited are:

Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Astral Chain
Dragon Quest XI S
Link's Awakening

Also, Vergeben is close to being thrown to the dogs of leakers, how could you had messed that up, considering that most of us were actually ready to believe you! Then all of this happens! If anything, we should be happy that Nintendo really is keeping these leakers/insiders on their toes as far as info goes.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
As far as the direct it was pretty okay! I think the games that got me excited are:

Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Astral Chain
Dragon Quest XI S
Link's Awakening

Also, Vergeben is close to being thrown to the dogs of leakers, how could you had messed that up, considering that most of us were actually ready to believe you! Then all of this happens! If anything, we should be happy that Nintendo really is keeping these leakers/insiders on their toes as far as info goes.
Maybe we should stop giving leakers the spotlight and learn to think and speculate for ourselves then.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Maybe we should stop giving leakers the spotlight and learn to think and speculate for ourselves then.
Exactly, I say these guys have been ruining this round of speculation way more than Smash 4, I don't think we've ever had leakers be like this, this badly during speculation season.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
This leak talk is getting ridiculous and annoying. I wouldn't be surprised if people would be defending them if the "insiders" were backing their picks.

Vergeben has never been 100% reliable (would put him at 60%), but he has a decent track record. He is an ***hole but when he gets info right, people dismiss him. And when he gets info wrong, people want his head.

Really happy with most of the announcements, particularly Astral Chain and Rune Factory 5.

DQXI S is going to make me double dip, and the demos are a nice surprise.
That might be about what i put for him too. Well, I might've said 70% if this hadn't happened.

This is what verge said an hour ago:
"It's kind of a weird coincidence if I heard from one of mine the same general thing the same day he did. I looked into it with my main source though [...] and they could only verify that they know for sure that Super Mario Maker 2 and something from Ubisoft would be in the Direct. "

Is he going back on it? I'm just wondering what he actually said before, because i didn't see what he said about starfox and pikmin.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
It’s getting pretty intense in this thread, so I thought I’d liven this thread up with this funny pic.

FE65CE01-104B-46AE-8845-C32925C882E9.jpeg

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
That might be about what i put for him too. Well, I might've said 70% if this hadn't happened.

This is what verge said an hour ago:
"It's kind of a weird coincidence if I heard from one of mine the same general thing the same day he did. I looked into it with my main source though [...] and they could only verify that they know for sure that Super Mario Maker 2 and something from Ubisoft would be in the Direct. "

Is he going back on it? I'm just wondering what he actually said before, because i didn't see what he said about starfox and pikmin.
Lol he can back however much he want he CONFIRMED his main source said Erdrick

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I'm not sure guys...

While Vergeben did get some of the games in the Direct correctly (Mario Maker 2 and BoxBoy)...

He got a good chunk of stuff wrong too.

Even though nothing Smash related came out of this, his credibility is gonna take a sizable hit after this Direct.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I'm not sure guys...

While Vergeben did get some of the games in the Direct correctly (Mario Maker 2 and BoxBoy)...

He got a good chunk of stuff wrong too.

Even though nothing Smash related came out of this, his credibility is gonna take a sizable hit after this Direct.
see my post a page or two pack, this isn't devastating for erdrick or anything but it sure as hell is awkward for vergeben

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Y'know I can't help but think with how confident he was on Star Fox and Pikmin and all that his main source told him that but that's just my assumption.
Well that's not what he said in the recent post i brought up. but he could be lying, i suppose?

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Found Vergeben's post on Twitter, (I forget who had it) but uh, whoever said that other stuff will show up for the direct to him, yeah, he might want to get rid of that source because his **** is starting to look a bit cray cray. Who knows if we should even trust what he says on the next direct. After watching that direct, this was just wildly off base.

Attachments

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Reality is he didn't say Erdrick was a guarantee for this direct. Just that it could happen. He got enough other stuff wrong, however, that I think his credibility is shot. Erdrick's just not one of the reasons why his credibility took a nosedive, that's all.

Found Vergeben's post on Twitter, (I forget who had it) but uh, whoever said that other stuff will show up for the direct to him, yeah, he might want to get rid of that source because his **** is starting to look a bit cray cray. Who knows if we should even trust what he says on the next direct. After watching that direct, this was just wildly off base.
So, wait, does that mean people misquoted his LA statement? I mean, the lack of Star Fox Grand Prix still is notable, but I'm confused on what he knows about the LA remake now.

Last edited:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
see my post a page or two pack, this isn't devastating for erdrick or anything but it sure as hell is awkward for vergeben
That's kind of where I'm at. I don't know if he was just running with the gamexplain predictions or what, but he doubled down on some really dumb things.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Exactly, I say these guys have been ruining this round of speculation way more than Smash 4, I don't think we've ever had leakers be like this, this badly during speculation season.
This isn't about the leakers. It's about how the community deals with them. It's up to everyone to not believe them outright, and to speculate with more openness.

After the grinch leak, it was easier to see who's jumping bandwagons and who has legit sources, at least for some stuff. But no one should trust any of them 100% anyway.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Oh I'm not saying Erdrick is out of the picture. But I'm back to being skeptical instead of "slightly skeptical" like I was prior to the Direct.

And now going forward, we're gonna have to question Verg's credibility a bit as well, since now we know, in terms of Nintendo games, he can get stuff wrong.

D

Deleted member

That's kind of where I'm at. I don't know if he was just running with the gamexplain predictions or what, but he doubled down on some really dumb things.
I just saw Zenyth's post in gamefaqs, Verge could've escaped of this easily by playing it safe.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Something to consider guys. FFIX comes out today, but FFVII doesn't. Meanwhile, there's high speculation that we're gonna get a Smash direct in March to fulfill what was said about Joker in this direct. Hmmmmm. FFVII does come to the Switch in March to boot.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I just saw Zenyth's post in gamefaqs, Verge could've escaped of this easily by playing it safe.
Well he said it might've been coincidence that he heard the same thing. But he didn't say what kind of source it was, just that it wasnt his main one.
I wonder what made him say they were coming as if it was sure, though.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Something to consider guys. FFIX comes out today, but FFVII doesn't. Meanwhile, there's high speculation that we're gonna get a Smash direct in March to fulfill what was said about Joker in this direct. Hmmmmm. FFVII does come to the Switch in March to boot.
You can say the exact same for Dragon Quest; don't get ahead of yourself Jovah.

What post

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Didn’t someone say that they cut off ties with Verge for Smash DLC since he was apparently a lot more shaky recently.

I always thought he only knew about the SE character and that was really it.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Something to consider guys. FFIX comes out today, but FFVII doesn't. Meanwhile, there's high speculation that we're gonna get a Smash direct in March to fulfill what was said about Joker in this direct. Hmmmmm.
They revealed so much that I doubt we will hear anything until the beginning of April

Top Bottom