• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ZelDan

Smash Master
Of all the things I heard could be in the direct, the one that has my attention most is the 2D Zelda. Would it be a remaster of an older game? A completely unique game? Would it be on Switch? Will it be single player?

I could really go for another great 2D Zelda now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I’d just like a new pushmo game. Those games were fun. Had some great music too. Give me that, I’ll be happy.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Of all the things I heard could be in the direct, the one that has my attention most is the 2D Zelda. Would it be a remaster or an older game? A completely unique game? Would it be on Switch? Will it be single player?

I could really go for another great 2D Zelda now.
Rumors are that it would be a LA remake/sequel (similar to the ALBW scenario). I think it could be its own thing.
Hoping for it to be an epic single player adventure instead of the multiplayer FS approach

ZelDan

Smash Master
Rumors are that it would be a LA remake/sequel (similar to the ALBW scenario). I think it could be its own thing.
Hoping for it to be an epic single player adventure instead of the multiplayer FS approach
Huh, how would a LA sequel even work I wonder? Link just so happens to come across the Wind fish as its sleeping again?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Good news guys, I can actually watch the Direct live. Turns out my appointment was not today.

D

Deleted member

Can’t wait until it’s banjo or something and we have to keep arguing for a few more months.

There’s also the very real possibility of there just not being a new character.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
And here's a preparing your soul type comment:

They could announce 3rd party Square Mii costumes.

That'd be one way to get all 7 in.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Can’t wait until it’s banjo or something and we have to keep arguing for a few more months.

If it's banjo at least we won't have to deal with that ugly ass steve model in 4chan any longer lol

Grie

Smash Apprentice
So, I have this dumb idea that most likely won’t happen but I don’t care let’s go.

How about we get characters not in the pass. One character, maybe a song or two, 4,99 that’s It.

If they do this I’d say Sephiroth as somekind of cloud semi-clone (but heavily reworked) with one winged angel.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm convinced people don't want Sephiroth they just want his theme song.

And that is humorous to me because ''Hi, I'm Sephiroth most iconic Final Fantasy bad guy and people want me in Smash because of a piece of music."

Well, everyone save that one guy who had an avatar of him forever in this thread.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Hey, the support for him wasn't a one-man thing.
Some people that showed up here supported him. It wasn't as numerous, nor do they write here as often as I do, but it's nowhere near nonexistent.
Smashboards is also a world on its own. Go to GameFAQs, 4chan, IGN and other places to see how the things change. The profile for the audience is different.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Whelp, less than 20 minutes until the possible moment of truth. While I might not have a horse in this race and will be happy with whoever gets in (assuming an announcement even happens), I wish everyone the best of luck! Whether it be Sora, Erdrick, or the goddang Luminary, I’ll be happy for whoever gets their character in.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Hey, the support for him wasn't a one-man thing.
Some people that showed up here supported him. It wasn't as numerous, nor do they write here as often as I do, but it's nowhere near nonexistent.
Smashboards is also a world on its own. Go to GameFAQs, 4chan, IGN and other places to see how the things change. The profile for the audience is different.
I'm saying what I'm saying not because ''Lol **** Sephiroth."

but a judgement on a lot of people who seems to only want one of gaming's biggest characters just to get more FF7 music, not because they want what his moveset could bring.

D

Deleted member

So, I have this dumb idea that most likely won’t happen but I don’t care let’s go.

How about we get characters not in the pass. One character, maybe a song or two, 4,99 that’s It.

If they do this I’d say Sephiroth as somekind of cloud semi-clone (but heavily reworked) with one winged angel.
I doubt Sephiroth as a semi-clone would make him justice, but could see him added without a stage plus a few tracks :D

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238

It's going to be another list, only now it's Microsoft.

Banjo
Cuphead
Master Chief
Rash
Blinx
Shuu from Blue Dragon :p
Steve

And one of these is already deconfirmed.

D

Deleted member

I'm convinced people don't want Sephiroth they just want his theme song.

And that is humorous to me because ''Hi, I'm Sephiroth most iconic Final Fantasy bad guy and people want me in Smash because of a piece of music."

Well, everyone save that one guy who had an avatar of him forever in this thread.
If you think about it, Smash Ultimate is just a music player with a really glorified menu.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
So much for the villain Sugiyama not wanting Orchestrated tracks for the International release. What a xenophobe, amirite? /s
OMFG I'M SO HAPPY FOR THIS DEFINITIVE EDITION

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I can’t believe I was ****ing right about them showing a blurry jpg of Joker’s model.

D

Deleted member

Welp. No Smash news, huh? Still was an excellent Direct. Links Awakening remake in particular looks fantastic.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Welp, give me a minute to get my new icon. Liked the direct overall, good to see a new Platinum game and Link's Awakening.

D

Deleted member

Welp, I defininetly expect Erdrick at this point. It would be nice to finally get him out of the way. I feel like there's a small chance it could be Sora too, but it's probably Erdirck lol.
Huh. Well I guess there's more waiting. I'll be damned.

D

Deleted member

Platinum's new game looks dope, Rune Factory 5 has me hyped as well, and the different graphics modes of DQXI S are great news. Overall good direct for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Half of it was Anime games, lame. Mainly upset that I have to wait till March for FF7 but FF9 comes out today. Why!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
so no smash news..
except knowing patch 3.0 coming in spring. it's something i guess.

pretty underwhelming for smash tho

D

Deleted member

Glad rune factory is still alive nice announcement. Direct was aight. Link’s awkanening though.

D

Deleted member

so no smash news..
except knowing patch 3.0 coming in spring. it's something i guess.

pretty underwhelming for smash tho
Though that probably confirms there will be a Smash direct before E3.

Last edited by a moderator:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Hmm. does Jokers release date mean that we won't get fighter 2 revealed until April or what?
And sigh... ITS DELAYED AGAIN

ZelDan

Smash Master
Oof, don't know if I dug that style for the Link's Awakening remaster/remake.

Direct was kinda...Okay. Definitely want Mario maker 2. Wasn't ex[ecting Delta Rune. That Astral Chain game looks dope (and is made by Kamiya so that's build some confidence, final fantasy IX being released today blindsided me lol.

When I saw TWO DQ games I was definitely waiting to just see ERDRICK IN SMASH pop up any minute.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Icon change from happy Ruby to very done with this s*** Ruby.

Edit: And it will not be removed until we get the Square rep.

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Square just whiffed TWO perfect opportunities to reveal DQ.

I'm not gonna say Erdrick isn't happening, but that's an OOF move by Square lmao.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
All I know is, I'm glad I held back on buying DQXI, cause DQXIs looks siiiiick. More story and the swap to 2D!? Awesome!

Did they just refer tontje Fighter Pass as "Fighter Pass 1"?
... So there's more coming?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Hmm... so it seems like my possible theory of Erdrick being announced first accompanied with a port announcement never went anywhere. There could still be the potential announcement of him and a DQ3 remake in the works as another possible theory, but the likelihood of that is 50/50.

I am kinda glad that a new character wasn't announced, the thought of seeing one nearly gave me a heart attack alone.

Looks like I have more room to give my thoughts on predicting the Square character for my write-up. Hopefully, it is a newcomer announcement in March, cause I will definitely finish my write-up by the end of February.

Interesting how Vergeben was wrong about the announcements.

It is certainly an interesting day today.

Top Bottom