• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
The whole developing is going to leap to February next year. There is no way in hedgehog that they are revealing more than one character close to Jokers release. Especially (like I said earlier) they have E3 that they could save at least one or two off. Especially if they are some big cards to reveal. Marketing is all about timing, where you spread your reveals like bread crumbs.. Not dumbing it all at once.

I give you the new modes on top of Joker and fighter 2. But fighter 3? I say expect E3 at earliest for the third. Its too early to reveal more then one around april
Dude
Let me lay it out for you
December: Joker
March: Erdrick
E3: #3
September: #4
TGA in December: #5

This ensures they don't run over the deadline of Feb

What you're saying right now, is that Nintendo will not reveal a new Smash character post-Joker for...
6 months.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
All that DQ content coming to Switch just improves Erdrick's chances, I'm not sure why people are trying to find reasons why it doesn't. A concurrent announcement is not necessary when they straight-up said that they'll be talking more about DQ later.
Honestly, and I don't want to sound overoptimistic, but the fact that FFVII was held off to the timeslot for the Update 3.0 to arrive, which should have a Direct featuring the new modes and content, this might be lining up more with Sephiroth. :p
Announcing DQXI Definitive Edition, the biggest game they could announce for DQ in a Direct, and not have Erdrick in the same presentation, is a bit of a bummer. And it would be weird, at least for me, to have S-E bet on people seeing a Dragon Quest character they don't know of or seen anything of the series in the presentation to get that impact strong in the reveal. But that's just me.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
All that DQ content coming to Switch just improves Erdrick's chances, I'm not sure why people are trying to find reasons why it doesn't. A concurrent announcement is not necessary when they straight-up said that they'll be talking more about DQ later.
Yup I thought the same. Some people have a really weird way of twisting it thinking that this was the only opportunity just because they talked about DQ. It's not like they cant talk about it again or have some new DQ stuff to talk about sometime either. Today would've been good because of the viewershipt hough.

Verge obviously took a hit, but it's not like anyone was relying on him for DQ before yesterday.
There's so many people that don't like him. I guess we shouldnt be surprised if a lot of people hate on him even more. Gamefaqs is not pleasant, anyway :O

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Dude
Let me lay it out for you
December: Joker
March: Erdrick
E3: #3
September: #4
TGA in December: #5

This ensures they don't run over the deadline of Feb

What you're saying right now, is that Nintendo will not reveal a new Smash character post-Joker for...
6 months.
You seem to have been misunderstood me. I said that I could see FIGHTER 2 being announced when they show Joker gameplay. I'm just saying that I can't see them revealing fighter 2 and 3 at the same time as Jova was suggesting. More saving 3 and 4 for E3 if they would ever choose two at the same time. Calm down LTP...

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Smash mini-Direct in April methinks.

"Joker is available NOW! Here's some costumes and modes. Oh, and Goku with a sword is coming in June."

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wow, now I'm kinda wondering if Verge is just a moron. Now that I keep reading Zenyth's screencaps, Verge had the original info about the Zelda game right. Of it being related to Links Awakening
https://i.imgtc.com/TrNI5jp.png

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
You seem to have been misunderstood me. I said that I could see FIGHTER 2 being announced when they show Joker gameplay. I'm just saying that I can't see them revealing fighter 2 and 3 at the same time as Jova was suggesting. More saving 3 and 4 for E3 if they would ever choose two at the same time. Calm down LTP...
Oh.
****. Lol

I am so sorry, I completely thought you meant...well, what I said. Thanks for understanding Icewolf.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
You sound exactly like the Son Goku supporters that said that Fighter Z meant just one step away from having Goku in Smash.
With your argument, we might as well get Sora because they apparently is working a lot with Disney right now with exclusive rights to MUA3 and that Disney toys party game.

With your argument, I guess Sephiroth is getting in because of FF ports?

Even if I'm not disqualify the chances of Erdrick getting in, those aren't an argument for it. Especially since this isn't the first time DQ is on a Nintendo platform

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
You sound exactly like the Son Goku supporters that said that Fighter Z meant just one step away from having Goku in Smash.
With your argument, we might as well get Sora because they apparently is working a lot with Disney right now with exclusive rights to MUA3 and that Disney toys party game.

With your argument, I guess Sephiroth is getting in because of FF ports?

Even if I'm not disqualify the chances of Erdrick getting in, those aren't an argument for it. Especially since this isn't the first time DQ is on a Nintendo platform
Well, thanks for shutting down my comment indirectly. Hahahahaha
But I admire logic behind it. There is nothing we can put our finger on anymore.
Verge, however, seems to get info partially right or completely right in some moment. I think we could still get one of the seven, but I wouldn't bet on Erdrick 100% anymore. At least imo

D

Deleted member

Where is that from? Is that Zenyth sharing private messages with verge?
It's from the Zenyth post that I shared before, had some ERA links where Jon from Gamexplain mentioned he didn't know if the SF Grandprix was even real and Zenyth even posted the DM from Verge there. If he had just shared that same post on Gamefaqs, he wouldn't have been in any trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Oh.
****. Lol

I am so sorry, I completely thought you meant...well, what I said. Thanks for understanding Icewolf.
It's no problem. I'm just glad that issue gets out of the way. Glad to see that the discussion has gone off strong while I've not been so active lately.

But I admire logic behind it. There is nothing we can put our finger on anymore.
Verge, however, seems to get info partially right or completely right in some moment. I think we could still get one of the seven, but I wouldn't bet on Erdrick 100% anymore. At least imo
At this point, I wouldn't be shocked if we are getting nada when it comes to Square reps or someone like Nekku. Nintendo seems to have been able to manage to throw a lot of leakers out of the loop recently with a lot of things so.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I do remember the tweet of Verge's message saying he wasn't sure if it was a LA game or not.

Though that doesn't really change the other stuff that is wrong. Just what did he overall leak? I know Super Mario Maker 2, and his official statement on LA wasn't that he was sure if it was a remake or not(but apparently he changed it to say it wasn't?)

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It's from the Zenyth post that I shared before, had some ERA links where Jon from Gamexplain mentioned he didn't know if the SF Grandprix was even real and Zenyth even posted the DM from Verge there.
I must've missed the message. The stuff around jon seems inconsequential.

Well erdrick was never 100%, and whoever thought that gave way too much credit to leakers.
We're just back to that there's some leakers who heard about it being dlc.

D

Deleted member

I do remember the tweet of Verge's message saying he wasn't sure if it was a LA game or not.

Though that doesn't really change the other stuff that is wrong. Just what did he overall leak? I know Super Mario Maker 2, and his official statement on LA wasn't that he was sure if it was a remake or not(but apparently he changed it to say it wasn't?)
Pretty much my current understanding of the situation is that he had pretty few info that was 100% correct, he took a risk and it backfired.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Pretty much my current understanding of the situation is that he had actually pretty few info that he was actually 100% sure, he took a risk and it backfired.
Nah, I get that. I just want to know what he actually leaked in itself.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Pretty much my current understanding of the situation is that he had pretty few info that was 100% correct, he took a risk and it backfired.
He did say he heard from some source (other than the jon stuff) that it was going to be in the direct, from what i gathered, but he took the risk of saying that when it wasnt his main source(s).

I thought he played safe ususally, but i guess he gambles too :/ Not exactly a good thing.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nah, I get that. I just want to know what he actually leaked in itself.
He pretty much leaked Pikmin 3, SF Grand Prix, the Zelda game that later he confirmed that had no connection to Links Awakening, that Super Mario Maker 2 existed but wasn't sure about its reveal, and something vague about Ubisoft. At least thats all on Gamefaqs.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
He pretty much leaked Pikmin 3, SF Grand Prix, the Zelda game that later he confirmed that had no connection to Links Awakening, that Super Mario Maker 2 existed but wasn't sure about its reveal, and something vague about Ubisoft. At least thats all on Gamefaqs.
Sounds kind of confusing. I wouldn't mind some clearer details. Thanks, though.

He did say he heard from some source (other than the jon stuff) that it was going to be in the direct, from what i gathered, but he took the risk of saying that when it wasnt his main source(s).

I thought he played safe ususally, but i guess he gambles too :/ Not exactly a good thing.
Okay, so Jon is a separate source from some of the stuff he leaked for the direct? Cause I'm trying to figure out what his main source is. That way I can understand what's going on with Erdrick. Exact details and all, basically.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Sounds kind of confusing. I wouldn't mind some clearer details. Thanks, though.

Okay, so Jon is a separate source from some of the stuff he leaked for the direct? Cause I'm trying to figure out what his main source is. That way I can understand what's going on with Erdrick. Exact details and all, basically.
From what I got, He has main sources, and then lesser sources. And Jon isn't even a source (it's someone related to gameexplain), but he might've thought that since they mentioned something, that his info had more weight. Turned out wrong. But Mario Maker 2 was what he got from his main source.

He said his main source didn't mention pikmin or starfox, so he took a risk if that's true. Why would he talk about if as if it was going to happen for sure? That's the question I'm left with.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
From what I got, He has main sources, and then lesser sources. And Jon isn't even a source (it's someone related to gameexplain), but he might've thought that since they mentioned something, that his info had more weight. Turned out wrong. But Mario Maker 2 was what he got from his main source.

He said his main source didn't mention pikmin or starfox, so he took a risk if that's true. Why would he talk about if as if it was going to happen for sure? That's the question I'm left with.
Okay, so it sounds like Verge said something dumb on his own merits, screwing it up. Not that his sources are bad. That about right?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Okay, so it sounds like Verge said something dumb on his own merits, screwing it up. Not that his sources are bad. That about right?
No, his sources are bad.
His MAIN SOURCE may not be bad but he very much has bad sources as indicated by his confidence on Pikmin 3 and Star Fox Racing this Direct.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
No, his sources are bad.
His MAIN SOURCE may not be bad but he very much has bad sources as indicated by his confidence on Pikmin 3 and Star Fox Racing this Direct.
Okay, that makes sense.

What exactly did his main source say?

Also, a racing mode was confirmed for Starlink, so I wonder if that was a misunderstanding of that, or perhaps it was integrated into the game itself?

D

Deleted member

Pretty much this seems to be the case, given the case that he admitted that the only info he got for sure was for Mario Maker 2 and some Ubisoft stuff.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
No, his sources are bad.
Right. Verge went with a bad source that wasn't his main ones. @ryumo shared a message where verge had better info from one of his main sources before all this. It was a bad choice on his end too, to go with the bad info. (and am wondering what convinced him)

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Okay, that makes sense.

Also, a racing mode was confirmed for Starlink, so I wonder if that was a misunderstanding of that, or perhaps it was integrated into the game itself?
His MAIN SOURCE stated they think Mario Maker 2 may be in the Direct.
Erdrick is in but nothing about Erdrick being in the Direct.
That's it. I think.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
His MAIN SOURCE stated they think Mario Maker 2 may be in the Direct.
Erdrick is in but nothing about Erdrick being in the Direct.
That's it. I think.
Okay, so his main source is still active. Unfortunately, Verge killed his own credibility separately from that source.

Now I understand. Thank you.

What this means is Erdrick is still being fully leaked, it's just Verge is ironically the less trustworthy one.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Okay, so his main source is still active. Unfortunately, Verge killed his own credibility separately from that source.

Now I understand. Thank you.

What this means is Erdrick is still being fully leaked, it's just Verge is ironically the less trustworthy one.
He messed up for sure. If he learns from this then maybe he can just rely on his good sources.
Or he might be full of it. who knows.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
So just to make sure I'm reading all of this correctly...

Verge's main source either had things that were shown off in the Direct or things that we don't know for sure are coming.

But instead he went with another source that had some incorrect info about the Direct.

D

Deleted member

Okay, that makes sense.

That's something that is in a wait and see situation, considering that these are different games from different companies and Starlink's a multiplatform game with its only exclusive content so far being Star Fox related. Dunno if the other consoles will receive the racing update.

So just to make sure I'm reading all of this correctly...

Verge's main source either had things that were shown off in the Direct or things that we don't know for sure are coming.

But instead he went with another source that had some incorrect info about the Direct.
Pretty much that seems to be the case.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
At this point, I don't get why Vergeben returns to GameFAQs. I'm no fan of him at all, but the comments against him... YIKES

Teeb147

Smash Legend
At this point, I don't get why Vergeben returns to GameFAQs. I'm no fan of him at all, but the comments against him... YIKES
Ya it's really bad. Honestly I dont know how he's able to make himself at home there.
I mean there are also people who revere him, but i saw more really hateful stuff this time than anything else.

helloiamhere

Smash Journeyman
Verge is a moron, I had total faith in him until he spent the night before release saying that Minecraft content was still in the game. He has like one decent source and that's really it. Word is is that he just hangs around discords all day and relays info, idk.

As for the direct, it was pretty good, I am hyped about Mario Maker 2 and Zelda, but pissed that I played a beta version DQXI (still my goty 2018 tho) AND STILL NO ANIMAL CROSSING. No smash news really did suck but I think we'll get a mini direct in April about 3.0 and Challenger 2.

As for Erdrick's chances, my feeling is that he dropped from 95-99% in to 85-90% in. I still have faith in him because I know Tansut has the connects, Brave being so tied to Erdrick. and both NOA and NOJ love pushing DQ because its still the best selling 3rd party game that regularly appears on their systems, but I do now have a thought in the back of my head now that Sakurai just would rather not deal with Squeenix at all and look elsewhere, Square's great characters be damned. Vergeben was the one who started the whole Seven Square characters thing, and well...

Teeb147

Smash Legend
For anyone out there to give this a shot.

Still no price? anyone taken a look for that?
I'm gonna wait for now because i actually feel more like playing ff10 than it right now.

Does the nintendo e-shop get specials sometimes?

Top Bottom