• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Teeb147

Smash Legend
As well as some rpg's.

That took me for a loop. Like, the closest relating to Zelda was Toon Link's non-hero clothes in Wind Waker at best? Or am I remember it having a crab on it wrong?
Lobster, but yeh there's some in a lot of games, including other zeldas. the ones in wind waker actually look like blue ones like it too (well purplish).

Last edited:

Rumble Red

Smash Journeyman
We shouldn't really take upcoming releases as solid proof of anything. Because there are plenty of upcoming big releases they can take characters from. Thinking new dragon quest game = smash character is more confirmation bias then anything

Take it from a girl who really wants the upcoming Ace Attorney trilogy to come with Phoenix Wright as a smash fighter.
Was anyone... doing that?

Of course it's silly to say that this or that Big Release must correspond to a character reveal (it didn't for Yuri, it didn't for Sora, Joker's is a big question mark), but the fact that there are two upcoming Dragon Quest releases that Nintendo are publishing themselves and stand to directly profit from is at least noteworthy.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Again, what I recall hearing from every site referencing Verge, is that "Seven names have been floating around."

Even the OP of this thread stated:
View attachment 181716
[*]Sora from Kingdom Hearts
[*]Geno from Super Mario RPG
Crono from Chrono Trigger
Erdrick / Luminary Heroes of Dragon Quest III/XI (It's not sure if Luminary is his own character, competing for a spot, or just the title given to Erdrick.)
Sephiroth from Final Fantasy VII
Slime from Dragon Quest
That's not a list of seven specific characters- it doesnt even know if two count as 'one slot' or two.

If Verge specifically stated "there are seven names I've heard," and then listed them out, I want to see actual proof. Otherwise this speculation thread is making quite an error.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The seven are Sora, Geno, Chrono, Erdrick, Luminary, Sephiroth, and Slime. That's 7. He heard Erdrick the most and his main source has him convinced it's Erdrick for sure.

It's listed a bit oddly, but that's your total. And the general information.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Again, what I recall hearing from every site referencing Verge, is that "Seven names have been floating around."

Even the OP of this thread stated:

That's not a list of seven specific characters- it doesnt even know if two count as 'one slot' or two.

If Verge specifically stated "there are seven names I've heard," and then listed them out, I want to see actual proof. Otherwise this speculation thread is making quite an error.
https://imgur.com/a/QGc0XDH

Had to do some digging, but here.

D

Deleted member

The whole thing reminds me, we should make another poll sometime. With more SE picks for the sake of discussion like we mentioned before.

Last edited by a moderator:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
The whole thing reminds me, we should make another poll sometime. With more SE picks for the sake of discussion like we mentioned before.
We really should. Nekoo Nekoo , what do you think?

If we are going to do a want poll, I think one parameter should be one character per series. It will make things much more simple in the long run, trust me.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
We really should. Nekoo Nekoo , what do you think?

If we are going to do a want poll, I think one parameter should be one character per series. It will make things much more simple in the long run, trust me.
or maybe max 2. or list the series. There's a DQ hero like Erdrick/Luminary, and Slime, for DQ.
There's other good FF characters too. I would talk about Tifa or Terra for FF. And really there's just enough cool characters to talk about overall, including other series from SE.

In any case I see this thread as a general SE thread already.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
or maybe max 2. or list the series. There's Erdrick/Luminary and Slime for DQ.
There's other good FF characters too. I would talk about Tifa or Terra for FF. And really there's just enough cool characters to talk about overall, including other series from SE.

In any case I see this thread as a general SE thread already.
2 would be good. I just think that the number of characters per series should be somewhat limited, as there is only so many options you can put in a poll.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
2 would be good. I just think that the number of characters per series should be somewhat limited, as there is only so many options you can put in a poll.
Oh. I wonder what the max number is. cuz youre right, it'd have to be limited.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
The seven are Sora, Geno, Chrono, Erdrick, Luminary, Sephiroth, and Slime. That's 7. He heard Erdrick the most and his main source has him convinced it's Erdrick for sure.

It's listed a bit oddly, but that's your total. And the general information.
You know, if we're disregarding Vergeben for today's blunder then what does that mean for this list, and the premise of this thread?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Oh. I wonder what the max number is. cuz youre right, it'd have to be limited.
I recall asking that question once and I never received an answer. How about this, we formulate a list as if we are doing one per series. If we finish the list and have more slots left over, we then add in second series reps.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You know, if we're disregarding Vergeben for today's blunder then what does that mean for this list, and the premise of this thread?
His other claims are clearly a case of bad information. The only thing he got right was from his main source, which is Super Mario Maker 2. That same source claims Erdrick is still coming. To be honest, I'd give it a grain of salt at this point. I don't think he's completely done, but he's losing credibility enough that it's pretty justified to ignore him at this point.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Well, this is an understandable shame.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I recall asking that question once and I never received an answer. How about this, we formulate a list as if we are doing one per series. If we finish the list and have more slots left over, we then add in second series reps.
I think maybe it depends just how many are too much to scroll down for on a page, unless it auto-truncates some of it. Cuz I tried like 40 choices and it didn't stop me, lol. Unless the max number only gets noticed when you try to post or change the poll.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth maybe you know?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think maybe it depends just how many are too much to scroll down for on a page, unless it auto-truncates some of it. Cuz I tried like 40 choices and it didn't stop me, lol. Unless the max number only gets noticed when you try to post or change the poll.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth maybe you know?
I can honestly say I don't understand what is being asked here.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Well, this is an understandable shame.
This gives credence to the theory that Piranha Plant was planned, since if this is true then they're the only DLC character with a Palutena's Guidance.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I have absolutely no idea how many. I'll ask Cyn Cyn .
Well I already see a possible (aesthetic) issue from seeing a long poll like that each time i'd go to or refresh a page here.
Unless there's a way to truncate/minimize it, I wouldn't go for more than 14-15 ones, i think

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well I already see a possible issue from seeing a long poll like that each time i'd go to or refresh a page here.
Unless there's a way to truncate/minimize it, I wouldn't got for more than 14-15 ones, i think
I think around 15 should be good. We can check who we can add and make adjustments.

At the least we need to add Neku, Agnes/Edea, 2B, Lara Croft, 1 or 2 more FF reps, and a few more Im forgetting :b

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I think around 15 should be good. We can check who we can add and make adjustments.

At the least we need to add Neku, Agnes/Edea, 2B, Lara Croft, 1 or 2 more FF reps, and a few more Im forgetting :b
Those are good picks. For FF I would say to add Terra because there were some terra fans around the boards. And sakurai already mentioned her once when it comes to ff dlc.

If 3 choices for dragon quest are too much..If we call one 'DQ Hero (Erdrick, Luminary, etc)' or something like that, then that could be enough for DQ along with slime. Just some ideas, we can see how others feel about it, including Nekoo Nekoo .

Lots. Whole Lots.
Good to know :)

Last edited:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
His other claims are clearly a case of bad information. The only thing he got right was from his main source, which is Super Mario Maker 2. That same source claims Erdrick is still coming. To be honest, I'd give it a grain of salt at this point. I don't think he's completely done, but he's losing credibility enough that it's pretty justified to ignore him at this point.
I guess it was more of a question for the people saying we're back at square one. Like if we're ignoring Verge because he had bad info, then why take his word for the other stuff he said about Square?

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Those are good picks. For FF I would say to add Terra because there were some terra fans around the boards. And sakurai already mentioned her once when it comes to ff dlc.

If we call one 'DQ Hero (Erdrick, Luminary, etc)' or something like that, then that could be enough for DQ along with slime. Just some ideas, we can see how others feel about it, including Nekoo Nekoo .

Good to know :)
If you guys really want to know, I can find out.....

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I guess it was more of a question for the people saying we're back at square one. Like if we're ignoring Verge because he had bad info, then why take his word for the other stuff he said about Square?
There's most likely 1 or 2 square reps (at least if there's future years of dlc), so speculation on the most popular or heard of names still makes sense.

It is 50.

Anticlimactic, I know.
oh ok. wasnt sure there was a hard limit. (and yeah thx for checking :))

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I did have one person guess it correctly on another site. It was very hard though. Also GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 caught it pretty fast as soon as he say the new Zelda.
Nobody guessed it on resetera. People were talking about a 2d zelda in general tho. Unless you mean something else.
Anyway, it doesn't matter much. There's a game called mysterium where people are supposed to guess things from pictures, and most people always underestimate how hard it is to connect information to images. it's pretty fun as a game tho.

Last edited:

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
Nobody guessed it on resetera. People were talking about a 2d zelda in general tho. Unless you mean something else.
Anyway, it doesn't matter much. There's a game called mysterium where people are supposed to guess things from pictures, and most people always overestimate how hard it is to connect information to images. it's pretty fun as a game tho.
I gotta say, I'm surprised nobody else seemed to know Link's Awakening was the 2D game? I figured somebody else had already leaked the name by that point.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I gotta say, I'm surprised nobody else seemed to know Link's Awakening was the 2D game? I figured somebody else had already leaked the name by that point.
I'm not sure exactly when verge said that the 2d zelda wasnt link's awakening, but that could've had something to do with it too for some people. maybe

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
The Link's Awakening remake rumors have been around for 3 years. Oddly enough, Vergeben was on it being Link's Awakening related up until he said it's not last night. Which is really weird and I'm kind of curious as to why he changed his mind. Strangely, his PMs with ZenythSmash ZenythSmash were more accurate than what he publicly stated

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
The Link's Awakening remake rumors have been around for 3 years. Oddly enough, Vergeben was on it being Link's Awakening related up until he said it's not last night. Which is really weird and I'm kind of curious as to why he changed his mind. Strangely, his PMs with ZenythSmash ZenythSmash were more accurate than what he publicly stated

Yeah that's a good summary of it.

Well the day of the direct is over. New era now.

Top Bottom