• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flyboy

Smash Hero
This thread is good because the political humor is actually funny and also "a set of hair resembling the McDonald's logo" has me belly-laughing.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Real talk, next SE character's going to be Vincent Valentine from FF7 Dirge of Cerberus.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Real talk: the only reason I don't want Crono is because I know Square would hardcore half-ass it. Crono appearing by himself would be depressing, given his relationship with his teammates is what made him memorable to begin with. If Square can't even get the main FF VII cast for Cloud, Crono would just be alone with two music rips and maybe a passable stage.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Real talk: the only reason I don't want Crono is because I know Square would hardcore half-*** it. Crono appearing by himself would be depressing, given his relationship with his teammates is what made him memorable to begin with. If Square can't even get the main FF VII cast for Cloud, Crono would just be alone with two music rips and maybe a passable stage.
Oh I concur, if they are going to do the 2 tracks garbage then they shouldn't bother at all. Chrono Trigger has one of the best soundtracks ever to grace an RPG game.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Real talk: the only reason I don't want Crono is because I know Square would hardcore half-*** it. Crono appearing by himself would be depressing, given his relationship with his teammates is what made him memorable to begin with. If Square can't even get the main FF VII cast for Cloud, Crono would just be alone with two music rips and maybe a passable stage.
That's another reason as to why I'm somewhat scared for this Square character DLC, I'm worried of the content that would come with the character. I honestly think it depends on who the character ends up being. I can't see them half-assing Dragon Quest or even Kingdom Hearts and giving those characters better treatment with their content. Well, with Sephiroth (we already know the deal behind Final Fantasy), and with the way they already treat Geno and Chrono I can't see them getting much content neither for some reason.

D

Deleted member

I really hope that whoever the square character is, as a bonus their pass also adds a bunch of Final Fantasy spirits and songs. Not gonna happen, but man Cloud feels SO out of place it’s ridiculous.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Speaking of Cloud, I've been playing him in Ultimate a lot. He's pretty fun. I never got to play him in Smash 4 because I was mad about Bayo and Corrin so I just boycotted all the DLC. He's not S tier broken in this game too, so I don't have to feel bad for choosing him.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
That's another reason as to why I'm somewhat scared for this Square character DLC, I'm worried of the content that would come with the character. I honestly think it depends on who the character ends up being. I can't see them half-assing Dragon Quest or even Kingdom Hearts and giving those characters better treatment with their content. Well, with Sephiroth (we already know the deal behind Final Fantasy), and with the way they already treat Geno and Chrono I can't see them getting much content neither for some reason.
I think Sora and Geno might have the soundtrack advantage with Yoko Shimomura already being on the Smash team. If the 2 music track's thing was a composer issue, then those two are clear for takeoff. Good, because they both have great soundtracks.

Last edited:

Minik

Smash Journeyman
I feel like franchises having assists are important, especially 3rd party but sadly I doubt DLC is gonna add any, at least we got Rodin and Guile this game. (Could've added literally anyone from FF7)

D

Deleted member

I feel like franchises having assists are important, especially 3rd party but sadly I doubt DLC is gonna add any, at least we got Rodin and Guile this game. (Could've added literally anyone from FF7)
Nintendo already spent 2 million to get the rights for Cloud’s hair, you really think they’d shell out the extra 500 thousand for an assist? Get out of here.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
At least for Dragon Quest, there aren't too many themes I care about, so I won't feel offended for a limited soundtrack.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
At least for Dragon Quest, there aren't too many themes I care about, so I won't feel offended for a limited soundtrack.
Only theme they need to bring is the main theme because it gets the point across and a compilation of all the battle themes and that's it lol it makes me mad that for cloud we didn't get the main final fantasy theme like wtf

Ovaltine

Smash Master
God, this thread has my goofy self laughing so ridiculously hard right now, wtf. Can I just say I'm practically rooting for every Square rep right now, even the ones I don't personally want because I just want as many of y'all to be happy with the decisions as possible? It honestly makes me feel better about my personal pick, Geno, likely not making it this time. You're all great folk.

I don't know. I just feel really sappy and jovial tonight. Christmas season does that, I guess. Keep being awesome, Square thread peeps.

D

Deleted member

God, this thread has my goofy self laughing so ridiculously hard right now, wtf. Can I just say I'm practically rooting for every Square rep right now, even the ones I don't personally want because I just want as many of y'all to be happy with the decisions as possible? It honestly makes me feel better about my personal pick, Geno, likely not making it this time. You're all great folk.

I don't know. I just feel really sappy and jovial tonight. Christmas season does that, I guess. Keep being awesome, Square thread peeps.
Thread's been great tonight for sure lol
Christmas is just a real good holiday, good feels all around. I love it.

D

Deleted member

I really couldn't care if Chrono Trigger got the FF treatment. That's still one more Crono, one more stage and two more music tracks than what we currently have and then the game is forever immortalized within Smash.
It's all I could ask for.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion

That's the spirit.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Real talk, next SE character's going to be Vincent Valentine from FF7 Dirge of Cerberus.
I would be super down for that.
100% agreed

If only everyone else took this same stance, right there... All of the names are decent options , at this point I just want it to end so this endless cycle of madness ends already, I really wouldn't feel bad with getting anyone from this list.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
What if the Square rep is...

And hear me out on this...

The Final Fantasy Crystal. Easily super iconic and one of the most well known mcguffins in video gaming.

I think it’s happening.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays folks.

Last edited:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
What if the Square rep is...

And hear me out on this...

The Final Fantasy Crystal. Easily super iconic and one of the most well known mcguffins in video gaming.

I think it’s happening.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays folks.
You have transcended beyond the moral realm

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
This thread has reached it's peak status where it's the regulars all having the same debates and joke-posts but very calmly with each other

It's nice here

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
This thread has reached it's peak status where it's the regulars all having the same debates and joke-posts but very calmly with each other

It's nice here
We haven't peaked until I deliver my classic catchphrase, "that's pretty unfair." I only recently realized how much I overuse that phrase.

Otherwise, glad to see the thread in such a merry mood. With Christmas right around the corner, Crono would make for a very nice belated Christmas gift from Scrooge-Enix, but any of the offered seven would be very cool in their own right. Hopefully, the character is revealed sooner than later before we descend into madness and lose this sense of community.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I once had a person say that to me.

Said person was an obsessive Naruto fan, and said, and I quote, "Naruto isn't even that anime."

God High School sucked.
I used to think I was a Kingdom Hearts fan until I moved to a new school in senior year and my lunch table were a bunch of Organization XIII fans who proved me very, very wrong.

High school, man.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I used to think I was a Kingdom Hearts fan until I moved to a new school in senior year and my lunch table were a bunch of Organization XIII fans who proved me very, very wrong.

High school, man.
What, was it a whole bunch of black hooded teens that made Nobody names for themselves holding meeting's at a circular table durring lunch time?

Top Bottom