• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

helloiamhere

Smash Journeyman
I've come to the realization personally that 'its not like I hate Erdrick. It's what it means for him to be added. I've basically become num to Geno not being added but. Erdrick is always paired up with Steve in rumors. That is who I am fearing right now. Erdrick means that Steve is not to far behind him. And that means byebye Banjo chances. It's all coming from my fear of not liking anybody in the fighter pass.
Only characters I would hate to be added are Steve and another FE character. I'm fine with Geno, Sora, Erdrick, Banjo, even meme picks like Sans but please God not mother****ing steve.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Then people shouldn't act like people are wrong to question that assumption. Because that's what I see here constantly. When someone brings up a point for someone that isn't Erdrick. "Assumption." When its for Erdick, its "strong points". This isn't the Erdrick support thread, it's the general Square thread. Erdrick might get in, I'm not questioning that what so ever. But act like most people here is "this is not 100%" all the time is just... facepalm.

I know. I'm just saying that we maybe should not use words for something that doesn't mean the specific thing (aka assumption = big points)
You're taking specific negative examples and painting the entire thread with them. You're shoving general actions in my and many others' faces and implying that we also do them all the time. I can't work with that mindset. I've historically acknowledged that I believed Sora has a decent chance when Vergeben was still unsure. Maybe I came off blunter or more insensitive than I could have, especially in the Geno thread. However, you're basing your intents off of negative experience that do not correlate with this context or the people you are talking to. If this is where you're coming from, I'm not a part of it because it wont lead anywhere productive.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Oh no Erdrick is definitely in
Watch this potentially end up aging as horribly as "Too big for Smash".
Nintendo being chummy with Square, making Erdrick or whoever seem likely, hopefully makes Steve or B-K likely (and Phil Spencer has specifically talked about B-K before).
Tsk. If it were that easy Phoenix Wright would be considered likely by the masses.

It's good wishful thinking, I'll give you that, but not solid. Otherwise we'd be saying that Sephiroth is guranteed given the suspicious later date release of FFVII on the Switch, in March of all months, all things considered.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
If Brave is not Erdrick it's Banjo. I'm not budging on that. His stats line up perfectly for Banjo as well. Plus some other stuff we found in the Banjo thread.

Last edited:

Calane

Smash Ace
Tansuit also only leaked cloud several minutes before the direct started. For all we know he just saw the direct early some how and has no other connections. Seeing a direct a few minutes early is a whole lot different then somehow knowing that Erdrick is coming soonTM for the last year.
I don't believe Tansut ever said Erdrick was "coming soon". In fact, from what I recall, he said DQ "wasn't terribly far along" and not to expect a reveal soon. The date he made that post was apparently Dec 31, 2018.

D

Deleted member

I've come to the realization personally that 'its not like I hate Erdrick. It's what it means for him to be added. I've basically become num to Geno not being added but. Erdrick is always paired up with Steve in rumors. That is who I am fearing right now. Erdrick means that Steve is not to far behind him. And that means byebye Banjo chances. It's all coming from my fear of not liking anybody in the fighter pass.
I definitely think some of those Steve leaks are without merit. There are also leaks in favor of Banjo. I think the Banjo thread covered this with that IndieGamerChick, for example. It's a case of wait and see, but Banjo can still make it if Erdrick does. It's a purely separate case because guessing Erdrick is virtually a trend now while Banjo stills has a lot of time to build info on.
Watch this potentially end up aging as horribly as "Too big for Smash".
The horror

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
You're taking specific negative examples and painting the entire thread with them. You're shoving general actions in my and many others' faces and implying that we also do them all the time. I can't work with that mindset. I've historically acknowledged that I believed Sora has a decent chance when Vergeben was still unsure. Maybe I came off blunter or more insensitive than I could have, especially in the Geno thread. However, you're basing your intents off of negative experience that do not correlate with this context or the people you are talking to. If this is where you're coming from, I'm not a part of it because it wont lead anywhere productive.
I'm not saying specifically you, but since Erdrick has been the "hot topic" I have seen the specific thing I said in the post more often than not, which is why it astounds me why people would act so shocking why people react the way they did when people act like everything is a big point when it comes to Erdrick but not to "character x". Its awesome for Erdrick supporters if he gets in but you get the drill...

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I definitely think some of those Steve leaks are without merit. There are also leaks in favor of Banjo. I think the Banjo thread covered this with that IndieGamerChick, for example. It's a case of wait and see, but Banjo can still make it if Erdrick does. It's a purely separate case because guessing Erdrick is virtually a trend now while Banjo stills has a lot of time to build info on.
Yeah we are still trying to decide how credible she is. But it did give us some hope again.

D

Deleted member

Heh, I see your sarcasm there.
It's sort of sarcastic concern because a lot of my posts, especially those supporting Vergeben, are going to make spoiled milk look fresh out of cow utters if Erdrick doesn't make it in.

I'm not saying specifically you, but since Erdrick has been the "hot topic" I have seen the specific thing I said in the post more often than not, which is why it astounds me why people would act so shocking why people react the way they did when people act like everything is a big point when it comes to Erdrick but not to "character x". Its awesome for Erdrick support if he gets in but you get the drill...
As much as I feel for this mindset, I'm really tired discussing it to continue. It happens and it's sometimes annoying. It's not the universal rule and it shouldn't apply here with different people. That's all I'll say about it right now.

D

Deleted member

I'm not saying specifically you, but since Erdrick has been the "hot topic" I have seen the specific thing I said in the post more often than not, which is why it astounds me why people would act so shocking why people react the way they did when people act like everything is a big point when it comes to Erdrick but not to "character x". Its awesome for Erdrick supporters if he gets in but you get the drill...
There is only few people here who act like that, you're acting paranoid with the whole issue. Let people think what they want, wrong or not. Thats the only thing left for me to say.
Yeah we are still trying to decide how credible she is. But it did give us some hope again.
Take her with caution. A lot of the stuff she was saying sounded like BS (especially the Jill stuff), especially since the only thing backing her claims is a tweet without any evidence from another dude.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
there was also a guy in a youtube video who said he heard Banjo would be in Smash, but he didn't like Banjo or Rare.

hey, Rare rhymes with Square.

Both own characters that have Nintendo origins, Rare's being used as Nintendo mascots.

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
There is only few people here who act like that, you're acting paranoid with the whole issue. Let people think what they want, wrong or not. Thats the only thing left for me to say.
I have no problem letting people believe what they believe. That's is not, and has never been the issue. If I would, I would have been discussing movies online for as long as I have (which prior my time here way back). The issue is what I wrote in the comment I just wrote which I personally think you are underestimating.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master

Take her with caution. A lot of the stuff she was saying sounded like BS (especially the Jill stuff), especially since the only thing backing her claims is a tweet without any evidence from another dude.
I think it's more because she's making a indie game compilation of Xbox live games for the switch. So it seems in the realms of possibility she may be talkin to Nintendo or Microsoft employees.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think it's more because she's making a indie game compilation of Xbox live games for the switch. So it seems in the realms of possibility she may be talkin to Nintendo or Microsoft employees.
And just in that realm of possibility, a lot of her claims seem to be related to a game where few people know the DLC when she is just making an indie game compilation. Including a franchise from a company different to Nintendo and Microsoft.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
And just in that realm of possibility, a lot of her claims seem to be related to a game where few people know the DLC when she is just making an indie game compilation. Including a franchise from a company different to Nintendo and Microsoft.
Well it might line up with Microsoft setting the framework to allow games to get access to Xbox live services on the switch. So there would be working with Microsoft to get that working. And then with Nintendo to get it all working. IF they are going that route that is . Since they are going to be Xbox live indie games I'm sure they're going to want to have achievements and friends and stuff like that.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Ultimately the bottom line is that Nintendo is, once again, pushing DQ hard again in the West to the point where they are publishing DQXI:S in the west and showcasing it hard in the directs. I mean DQ got more screentime in the direct than Mario Maker 2 and MM2 comes out months beforehand. They are the ones who are picking out DLC characters. Sakurai was just a young lad getting into his career in video games when the series took off in Japan and if he does have the chance to put it in his own game then I don't see any reason why he wouldn't, especially since DQ3 is his own favorite DQ game and has FF7/OoT status in Japan.

Like yeah Erdrick may not be in but the stars have seriously been aligned for him.

Though at this point, after lurking this thread for so long and reading the Geno thread, if I do see a trailer for Erdrick I'll just feel bad for the Geno bros who supported him since Brawl. Nintendo needs to just take away the rights of SMRPG from Square. I have no idea why they didn't take full control of the characters while writing out the contract in the first place. Should have made SMRPG with Chunsoft or something if that was the case, they aren't anal with things like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon or whatnot.
Hey, Erdrick is not my most favorable pick and all, but as a Geno fan, I'd be very happy for you and his other fans if he gets in. It's a rough blow, one I've been preparing for, but it'd be selfish of me and any other Geno fan to say Erdrick doesn't deserve to be in Smash and his fans don't deserve this. DQ is a huge series with an incredible legacy. I'll always stand by the fact that it should have been in Smash a long time ago.

Honestly, my expectations are very low for Geno, and in terms of FP, it's non-existent. My only hopes are for misc. DLC or future seasons, and those aren't even certain. At this point, I sincerely hope that we at least get him and Mallow back in the main series. Like... c'mon, Square, at least throw us some kind of bone. We just want our boys back. Doesn't have to be through Smash.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Though at this point, after lurking this thread for so long and reading the Geno thread, if I do see a trailer for Erdrick I'll just feel bad for the Geno bros fans who supported him since Brawl. Nintendo needs to just take away the rights of SMRPG from Square. I have no idea why they didn't take full control of the characters while writing out the contract in the first place. Should have made SMRPG with Chunsoft or something if that was the case, they aren't anal with things like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon or whatnot.
This is how I mostly feel these days, aside from Nintendo taking full control of the characters back then. It's important to remember that Nintendo took most of the money from SMRPG's development back in the day. Nintendo really didn't seem to respect other developers so much before Satoru Iwata took over and mended relationships with them starting with the GameCube era. So with that lens in mind I'm glad Square was able to secure a large part of the game's appeal all to themselves, away from Nintendo's at-the-time thankless attitude.

Of course, THESE days it's a different issue. It's pretty baffling that Square Enix has done practically nothing with the SMRPG original characters they created and has just collaborated with Nintendo to re-release the game on various systems instead. This is the biggest contributing factor why I feel so bad for Geno hopers, it seems like their character may never get into Smash because if Nintendo owned them, they most likely would be in right now, but since Square Enix owns them, then it has to be tempered with "Well, it wouldn't be the best business decision for the company," which majorly sucks.

I like to think that Nintendo and Square Enix have "made up" in a sense, since the game that marked Square's decision to switch consoles is finally coming back to a Nintendo console, and because we're getting all these ports of FF games that were exclusive to non Nintendo systems in general, and because ever since 1997 the two companies have collaborated on things like Mario Hoops 3 on 3 / Mario Sports Mix / Fortune Street on Wii.

Wouldn't a new project with Super Mario RPG content, or just content in Smash, be a great final bowtie on the two companies having patched things up?

So yeah, I'd be ecstatic for Erdrick but if it somehow means that Geno or Mallow or anyone else from that game won't be in Smash, it'll be tempered with a bummer kind of vibe.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This is how I mostly feel these days, aside from Nintendo taking full control of the characters back then. It's important to remember that Nintendo took most of the money from SMRPG's development back in the day. Nintendo really didn't seem to respect other developers so much before Satoru Iwata took over and mended relationships with them starting with the GameCube era. So with that lens in mind I'm glad Square was able to secure a large part of the game's appeal all to themselves, away from Nintendo's at-the-time thankless attitude.

Of course, THESE days it's a different issue. It's pretty baffling that Square Enix has done practically nothing with the SMRPG original characters they created and has just collaborated with Nintendo to re-release the game on various systems instead. This is the biggest contributing factor why I feel so bad for Geno hopers, it seems like their character may never get into Smash because if Nintendo owned them, they most likely would be in right now, but since Square Enix owns them, then it has to be tempered with "Well, it wouldn't be the best business decision for the company," which majorly sucks.

I like to think that Nintendo and Square Enix have "made up" in a sense, since the game that marked Square's decision to switch consoles is finally coming back to a Nintendo console, and because we're getting all these ports of FF games that were exclusive to non Nintendo systems in general, and because ever since 1997 the two companies have collaborated on things like Mario Hoops 3 on 3 / Mario Sports Mix / Fortune Street on Wii.

Wouldn't a new project with Super Mario RPG content, or just content in Smash, be a great final bowtie on the two companies having patched things up?

So yeah, I'd be ecstatic for Erdrick but if it somehow means that Geno or Mallow or anyone else from that game won't be in Smash, it'll be tempered with a bummer kind of vibe.
My thoughts 100%. Super Mario RPG is what got me so into RPGs in the first place, and a new one would make me super happy.
The Mario & Luigi and (early) Paper Mario games did an excellent job at recapturing the spirit of it though, but a proper SMRPG sequel with the same characters and locations would be a dream.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
And what I have tried to say is that your "strong points" is based on assumptions, just like how so many other champions other character is. I might not have worded my argument the best considering its 4 am and I can't sleep, but the fact is that this is all assumption. The same goes for my stance on why I think Akira Toriyama is harder to work with then what you make it out to be here. And assumptions IMO is never "strong points".. Thats what I'm trying to say
So you're saying that Nintendo's strong relationship with Square Enix in regards to Dragon Quest is an assumption? Are you seriously going to ignore the multiple published titles and thousands, if not millions in advertising Nintendo has spent solely on Dragon Quest and call it an assumption?

We can assume many things, but you can't assume facts. It is a fact that Nintendo has covered for Dragon Quest more so than any other third party series. It is a fact that Dragon Quest is dominantly associated with Nintendo consoles, similar to other RPG series represented in Smash such as Final Fantasy and Shin Megami Tensei. It is a fact that a precedent exists for Square Enix characters being previously unlicensed to any company before Nintendo. You cannot call these statements assumptions because they are facts.

Sure, my interpretation of these facts could be seen as assumptions, but isn't that what any interpretation of facts is? By saying that my argument based on assumptions you're essentially calling it an argument, which really does nothing for you.

I feel like you're taking my argument and generalizing it to blind fan worship, which it really isn't. I'm not here to shill the characters I want; I already got the characters I wanted in base, and I never expected Joker to be in the game so he's a bonus. I'm here to speculate, which involves discussing fact and making reasonable assumptions based off of those. If you want my philosophy about character speculation, here it is:
David Hume said:
A wise man, therefore, proportions his belief to the evidence.
That's all there is to it. My beliefs change as the evidence presents itself. And right now the evidence points to Erdrick.

I've presented my side of the argument, but you have yet to do anything other than attack my argument. I eagerly await the moment you provide evidence for your side.

Last edited:

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
I think Erdrick will be revealed in April, and Steve (or "Minecrafter" whatever) will be revealed at E3. The others have always been the most mysterious since they're so far out, I'm interested in whether they'll focus on bringing in other audiences to Smash, or appeasing fans.

StormC

Smash Hero
Though at this point, after lurking this thread for so long and reading the Geno thread, if I do see a trailer for Erdrick I'll just feel bad for the Geno bros who supported him since Brawl. Nintendo needs to just take away the rights of SMRPG from Square. I have no idea why they didn't take full control of the characters while writing out the contract in the first place. Should have made SMRPG with Chunsoft or something if that was the case, they aren't anal with things like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon or whatnot.
At the risk of being a party pooper, it's unlikely anything is going to happen with the SMRPG cast. Nintendo doesn't even use their own characters half the time; K. Rool fans had to get on their hands and knees to beg for him, the main villain of one of Nintendo's biggest franchises, to say nothing of their purging of the Mario RPG characters they actually do own. What are the chances Nintendo wants to buy back characters from an RPG that sold moderately well? If Geno or a SMRPG character ever appears again, it will probably be through a licensing agreement with Square, much like Spider-Man in the MCU.

I know there's a fan movement to make this a reality. I applaud the people doing that. But given Nintendo's track record (or the record of the industry in general, since I can't recall a time specific characters were bought outright without a transaction of the company's shares itself, like Rare), I don't see character ownership changing here.

D

Deleted member

At the risk of being a party pooper, it's unlikely anything is going to happen with the SMRPG cast. Nintendo doesn't even use their own characters half the time; K. Rool fans had to get on their hands and knees to beg for him, the main villain of one of Nintendo's biggest franchises, to say nothing of their purging of the Mario RPG characters they actually do own. What are the chances Nintendo wants to buy back characters from an RPG that sold moderately well? If Geno or a SMRPG character ever appears again, it will probably be through a licensing agreement with Square, much like Spider-Man in the MCU.

I know there's a fan movement to make this a reality. I applaud the people doing that. But given Nintendo's track record (or the record of the industry in general, since I can't recall a time specific characters were bought outright without a transaction of the company's shares itself, like Rare), I don't see character ownership changing here.
I feel the whole fan movement is the best way for Geno fans to bring Geno back. As, the Mario franchise (and Nintendo in general) can have the luxury of not needing to aquire characters. The only time I remember Nintendo getting the ownership of a franchise, was Fatal Frame and that was only partial ownership.

Just look at Super Mario Party or Mario Tennis Aces cast for reference from the Mario franchise. Between Mario friends, Bowser and his minions you have a quite big cast already even without including the rest of the DK, Yoshi and Wario cast. Heck, even most of the mooks like Boos, Koopa Troopas and Gombas are well known to the general public.

They could use unique ones from the RPGs and characters from the expanded cast like more DK and Wario ones, but it doesnt seem to matter to Nintendo.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
BTW, is the source that says Erdrick is in(Verge's main source) the one saying Minecraft content is in?

Likewise, did that same person say we're getting a Minecraft boss, or just content in general? Cause I honestly believe that Minecraft content is a lock if Microsoft has any involvement in Smash Ultimate. Not necessarily a playable character, just the content alone since it's just that big of a franchise(despite ironically having less media Works in it than some, like Halo).

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
BTW, is the source that says Erdrick is in(Verge's main source) the one saying Minecraft content is in?

Likewise, did that same person say we're getting a Minecraft boss, or just content in general? Cause I honestly believe that Minecraft content is a lock if Microsoft has any involvement in Smash Ultimate. Not necessarily a playable character, just the content alone since it's just that big of a franchise(despite ironically having less media Works in it than some, like Halo).
I don't think I have ever seen Verge or anyone confirm that both Erdrick and the Minecraft content came from the same source… someone feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
What are the chances of Verg doing this on purpose didn't someone say that in his DMs with someone he got most of the direct right

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Well, 50/50 maybe (? or at least 33%.. After all, call me skeptical but there's the possibility of the DM being edited in order to recover some credibility
That may or may not be true but I think based on speculation is that someone was watching him or his source so he got it wrong so this wouldn't hurt his source this all seems kinda silly in hindsight but it's just a theory too me at least

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
That may or may not be true but I think based on speculation is that someone was watching him or his source so he got it wrong so this wouldn't hurt his source this all seems kinda silly in hindsight but it's just a theory too me at least
Yeah, but any of our theories doesn't change the fact that Vergeben did wrong this time, and that cost a lot of his credibility. I really don't expect Vergeben to say "This is what happened" and being 100% sincere about it but meh. Expect a long wait, maybe no news at all until Late April during Joker's Release.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Yeah, but any of our theories doesn't change the fact that Vergeben did wrong this time, and that cost a lot of his credibility. I really don't expect Vergeben to say "This is what happened" and being 100% sincere about it but meh. Expect a long wait, maybe no news at all until Late April during Joker's Release.
Well that's just not who Verge is if anything his gonna move on back to telling us about what he's heard and people will disregard him or listen to him that's how it always is

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
On the other hand, if he went all in, it means he legit believed it.

He shouldn't have been so sure, but he wasn't lying regardless.

But he's burned enough, so not much else we can do but hope his main source really is correct about Erdrick(moreso cause otherwise Verge is done as a leaker. That's the big thing right now. Minecraft content too, but that's actually expected regardless of Verge, due to its legacy. Assuming Microsoft gets content in Ultimate anyway).

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
truly speaks to the solid relationship between Nintendo and the Dragon Quest series, which is a strong point in favor of Erdrick, if nothing else
And that's why we have an SMT rep instead of a Persona rep, oh wait.

If we hadn't already established that relationships with Nintendo don't really matter, you'd have more of a point. Of course, by that logic we'd have had Phoenix Wright in by now.

And we wouldn't be having to Sony boys meme be as prominent as it is.
Well that's just not who Verge is if anything his gonna move on back to telling us about what he's heard and people will disregard him or listen to him that's how it always is
You may have to wait on that. Because so far as of now, at least on Smash Gamefaqs, he's done the same thing he always did when getting something massively wrong before his base roster Smash Ultimate days. Oh, and especially what he did when screwing the pooch on Soul Caliber 6. Turned tail and ran without a word from the Smash Gamefaqs section. For reference, even after getting the first DLC character wrong, he had some defensive words to back track his way out of that mess. Not so much this time with his credibility being torpedoed back to how it used to be recognized as.
But he's burned enough, so not much else we can do but hope his main source really is correct about Erdrick(moreso cause otherwise Verge is done as a leaker. That's the big thing right now. Minecraft content too, but that's actually expected regardless of Verge, due to its legacy. Assuming Microsoft gets content in Ultimate anyway).
And the reason to hope for that is?

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master

Yeah, I don't see Nintendo gaining full ownership of them either. The price to do so would probably outweigh the benefits. That being said, my hopes are still there for Square and Nintendo to come to some kind of agreement, especially with all the SMRPG references being dropped in (and now out of) Smash. If we stop fighting, that'll be it for us, so the odds against us will just have to make us stronger.

Boy, though, do I know how it was with K. Rool. I campaigned for him for years. Too many years of heartbreak there, ha...

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
People are using Verge's mistakes with the current Direct as a reason to question the validity of Erdrick being the S-E rep, but I think people should be asking themselves how StarFox GP convinced so many insiders, journalists and forum dwellers the way it did, and how likely would it be for this to be the case with Erdrick. I'm NOT saying that it is the case. I'm saying that this revitalizes speculation, and this was a good thing to us here.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
People are using Verge's mistakes with the current Direct as a reason to question the validity of Erdrick being the S-E rep, but I think people should be asking themselves how StarFox GP convinced so many insiders, journalists and forum dwellers the way it did, and how likely would it be for this to be the case with Erdrick. I'm NOT saying that it is the case. I'm saying that this revitalizes speculation, and this was a good thing to us here.
As is said before, Nintendo might be getting better at baiting people.

D

Deleted member

On the other hand, if he went all in, it means he legit believed it.

He shouldn't have been so sure, but he wasn't lying regardless.

Maybe you should ask ZenythSmash ZenythSmash for that. Dunno if he can tell you much.
And that's why we have an SMT rep instead of a Persona rep, oh wait.

If we hadn't already established that relationships with Nintendo don't really matter, you'd have more of a point. Of course, by that logic we'd have had Phoenix Wright in by now.
Unless they tell us what are the deciding factors for each character, I think we will see that the DLC characters are decided by a different number of factors. The factors that decided Joker are not necessarily the same for each character afterwards.

Its silly to think that there is something in particular that pushes a pick on Smash. I think there are a multitude of factors that help deciding franchises for the game, and factors like these, mentions of Sakurai and other developers, sales, legacy, and so on, help. People should be free to think what they like for speculation, and certainly a few factors like I mentioned help. Dont know why you're now pushing that they dont matter now.

Finally, while I like good ol Ace Attorney, If you're comparing Phoenix Wright with DQ I find it something quite silly. PW doesnt have even a tenth of the DQ sales, nor being pushed by Nintendo semi-regularly, nor being the precursor for modern JRPGs, nor that originated on the NES and so has a longer story with Nintendo. Comparisons 1:1 with characters or franchises are pretty much impossible and each one has their own merits, I can say that PW has its own merits for inclusion just like DQ has its own.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
That's another good point. Star Fox Grand Prix being some 4-D chess hoax across the industry does show that Nintendo are well capable of baiting something just as commonly said and for as long.

Erdrick has apparently been known for so long, on the insider circle, and that's before that info got to us. Couple that with Verge's Minecraft claims that renowned insiders like Ryce have voiced legitimate doubts in, this case gets more interesting.

Regardless of what happens, I'm just glad that speculation can go back to being as fun and balanced as it should be.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
That's another good point. Star Fox Grand Prix being some 4-D chess hoax across the industry dia show that Nintendo are well capable of baiting something just as commonly said and for as long.

Erdrick has apparently been known for so long, on the insider circle, and that's before that info got to us. Couple that with Verge's Minecraft claims that renowned insiders like Ryce have voiced legitimate doubts in, this case gets more interesting.

Regardless of what happens, I'm just glad that speculation can go back to being as fun and balanced as it should be.
"Perfectly balanced, as all things should be."

Top Bottom