• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Do we have a source on that? Trying to catch up on things :D (Almost done with Kingdom Hearts 3)
He posts on Resetera. It's probably easier to see all his posts by having an account there. I dont have one.

I also heard something around Ryce, a leaker. I dont know anything about him, i wonder what he said.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
He posts on Resetera. It's probably easier to see all his posts by having an account there. I dont have one.

I also heard something around Ryce, a leaker. I dont know anything about him, i wonder what he said.
Thank you for that! Brave was certainly known by then. Him stating Brave would have had several red flags.

Guy is playing smart. Yay insiders.

EDIT: Ryce has had a pretty good track record if memory serves.

Last edited:

Looma

Smash Journeyman
Well to keep the discussions up are there any other franchises that you want in smash either 3rd party or Nintendo owned that you guys want in the game? Mine are Ys,No more heros,Resident Evil and Ninja Gaiden
There is no force in the universe that'll stop me from vouching for Puyo Puyo or Gargoyle's Quest.

Or TWEWY for that matter.

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
Sounds like my info was right. Kingzell now says the 13th is a good day for a direct.

Also, I heard "Erdrick" is soon from somebody reliable here (*cough* xenother *cough*) so maybe Brave will be over and done with. Maybe.

Additionally, Kingzell listed a few 2019 games that may or may not be in the direct (definitely not Pokemon):

"Including Pikmin 3, Mario Maker 2, Boxboy, and of course the 2D Zelda and Pokemon. MPT probably will be at the Direct."

Note that this fits other things that Emily Rogers has heard, where she said an old wii u game will be ported ( Pikmin 3), and there will be eshop games thsi year (Boxboy). Aligns quite well.

D

Deleted member

Sounds like my info was right. Kingzell now says the 13th is a good day for a direct.

Also, I heard "Erdrick" is soon from somebody reliable here (*cough* xenother *cough*) so maybe Brave will be over and done with. Maybe.

Additionally, Kingzell listed a few 2019 games that may or may not be in the direct (definitely not Pokemon):

"Including Pikmin 3, Mario Maker 2, Boxboy, and of course the 2D Zelda and Pokemon. MPT probably will be at the Direct."

Note that this fits other things that Emily Rogers has heard, where she said an old wii u game will be ported ( Pikmin 3), and there will be eshop games thsi year (Boxboy). Aligns quite well.
What does MPT stand for?
Edit: Nvm, it probably refers to Metroid Prime Trilogy.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

pikmin hype.

now for Pikmin 1 & 2 ports and for the Pikmin team to get Pikmin 4 on the roll.

sadly I see the trilogy definitely isn't Mother although I'm interested in Metroid so I may get MPT too.

Last edited:

Rumble Red

Smash Journeyman
There is no force in the universe that'll stop me from vouching for Puyo Puyo or Gargoyle's Quest.

Or TWEWY for that matter.
Puyo Puyo is absolutely my #1 from SEGA, above Yakuza or SMT, even. It'd just fit so well.

Advance Wars is my most-wanted first party, and my most wanted period. And my absolute favourite Nintendo franchise. RIP.

I'm still appalled that there's no Tetris stage.

What does MPT stand for?
Metroid Prime Trilogy.

D

Deleted member

I found a copy of Dragon Quest XI for PS4 at 25€ that isn’t second hand.
I may try to buy it with the help of my friends tomorrow if my mother doesn’t catch me.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Well to keep the discussions up are there any other franchises that you want in smash either 3rd party or Nintendo owned that you guys want in the game? Mine are Ys,No more heros,Resident Evil and Ninja Gaiden
Hmmm well I'm still heavily rooting for Banjo Kazooie. I would also still like a Tales of rep because, come on Namco…
For first party, i have no idea… definitely Travis is one of my wishes that comes to mind now, but I would certainly want other 1st party characters and not just 3rd party for all DLC.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I found a copy of Dragon Quest XI for PS4 at 25€ that isn’t second hand.
I may try to buy it with the help of my friends tomorrow if my mother doesn’t catch me.
I have played a bit of it and it is fun! Once KH3 is done, I am eager to get back into it.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

Hmm... all very interesting stuff here.

Kinda surprised they may port Pikmin 3 and actually do a sequel for Mario Maker instead of a port.
Maybe they'll actually say something about Pikmin 4.

As for the Smash stuff, I just hope it really is in this direct, regardless of what character it is.

Couple of questions though:
Any release dates for Final Fantasy VII or IX? I still find it weird they announced the dates for X and XII, but not these 2.

Any other notable 3rd party games being speculated to be in the Direct?

Xenosaga is the big one for me.

I'd also be fine w/ these other series: Tales, Granblue Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Banjo-Kazooie, Halo, Rayman and Crash Bandicoot.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The 13th huh? Well, guess I'm gonna get Happy Death Day 2U and a Direct on the same day.

What privilege.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Well, other than DQ

3rd party:
- Chrono
- Doom
- Ninja Gaiden / Shinobi
- Kunio-Kun

(This is really it, but if I had to vote for a Namco Rep and a Microsoft Rep)
- Soul Calibur
- Battletoads

Nintendo:
- StarTropics
I don't think there's anything else that isn't in spirit form already, and I believe spirits 95% deconfirm characters, otherwise
- Sin & Punishment
- Golden Sun
- Nazo no Murasame

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Was the first one any good?
It's like only one of the best horror comedies of recent years. It's just a joy of a film with a nice little story arc for it's final girl and the lead actress is definitely one to watch because she MAKES the movie and it's journey well worth it.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
It's like only one of the best horror comedies of recent years. It's just a joy of a film with a nice little story arc for it's final girl and the lead actress is definitely one to watch because she MAKES the movie and it's journey well worth it.
Cool, surprised to hear that it is a comedy. Only ever saw the horror part in the trailers when the movie was coming out.

Anyway, I realized that there is one thing that I don't recall this thread ever talking about once. Final Smashes. I mean, we have talked about movesets, but never what each characters final smash would be in detail, even though I am sure that all of the characters on the list can offer some great ones.

Last edited:

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
For SE Rep my Ideal is giving Twewy some love, but I also really like the idea of SMRPG or Kingdom Hearts. Dontget me wrong, if anyone else on the list shows up I wouldn't mind either, just reaction will be small because of just how expected it is at this rate.

The non-SE series I wanna see (greater) representation in smash most are:
-Wonderful101
-Nindendo/Advance/Whatever Wars
-Style Saavy
-Golden Sun
-Sin & Punishment
-Tales of
-Rayman
-Banjo-Kazooie
-Ace Attorney
-Professor Layton

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master

Hoping this ends up true. Mario Maker is my most wanted game on Switch at the moment.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Cool, surprised to hear that it is a comedy. Only ever saw the horror part in the trailers when the movie was coming out.

Anyway, I realized that there is one thing that I don't recall this thread ever talking about once. Final Smashes. I mean, we have talked about movesets, but never what each characters final smash would be in detail, even though I am sure that all of the characters on the list can offer some great ones.
You're right.
Let's see...
Trying to keep it true to their games, I'd Say:

Crono:
- Luminaire (giant Blast of electric light all around him)
- Delta Force (Marle and Lucca appear yo cast the triple tech Delta Force which uses Lightning, fire and ice Magic at once)

Erdrick:
- Kazap: Extremely powerful Lightning storm attack, which condenses into a giant Ball of Lightning.
- Command?: Party members appear and each take a turn to deliver their most powerful Attack: (Mage does Kaboom, Martial Artist delivers a devastating punch, Bunny girl (cause why not?) Delivers a Crítical hit with a hammer, and Erdrick wraps it up with Kazap.

Geno: Geno Whirl

Luminary: Quadra Slash (I think it was called)

Sephiroth:
- Supernova
- "Aeris killer" dive
- Dark Flare

Slime:
- King Slime
- Rocket Slime tank

Sora: (no idea)

Additionally, Kingzell listed a few 2019 games that may or may not be in the direct (definitely not Pokemon):.
Oh man oh man oh man!

Coming soon? I take it not TOO soon, like, next direct soon, but the one after that, hopefully! It's great to have someone else finally Say something about Erdrick on the way.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Sora's Could be something like Trinity Limit/Final Form, or if they wanted to take from KH3 they could do Second Form or one of the other form changes.
I almost think they would go with some combination of anti form and rage form. It would be notable representation of both KH2 and KH3 and would be a great form to showcase a powerful and flashy fury of attacks.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
"heard the most" =/= it's gotta be that guy
I don't get the logic behind some people here, if the list is supposed to be leakbait, and three names are from the same franchise, that franchise becomes the least likely to me, cause otherwise it's TERRIBLE leakbaiting. It's like people skip everything Verge says and remain with the last two words of what he said (wouldn't be the first time people say that). And even if he believes it's Erdrick cause he heard his name the most, that's stupid logic, specially if we know we are dealing with red herring/leak baiting right here right now. Leakbait is supposed to misdirect people, not make it OBVIOUS that that's what we are getting. Call it denial, I just don't have the same perspective than most, I guess.
Vergeben actually said it Erdrick from his own end as well
not just from the 7 list of S-E names

View attachment 190708
Off topic, but apparently, Edelgard from upcoming Fire Emblem Three Houses voice actress posted this on twitter on Monday:bluejump:
Will you look at that... It seems like Fire Emblem is getting another character xD Just like I have said for months
*facepalm*

and in response to Smash twitter speculation of her tweet:
1549663947343.png

please don't circle jerk voice actor tweets to figure if they're hinting JUST BECAUSE Adam Howden got away with it once.
also this indicates Edelgard/Velvet/Shantae isn't under NDA like Dante (which Itsuno shot down yesterday) and poor Medusa in the past

also this has nothing to do with 7 Squares stuff

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Aight... safe to assume it isn't Smash then.

Weeeeeeeelll crap.
And so continues the drought
xQ0Dtu.gif

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Verg specifically said it was Erdrick he heard the most.

He never has come out and said that he thinks he's indefinitely in. He believes he's fairly likely, though, but isn't willing to confirm him because he's not even sure he's definitely in. He actually is avoiding outright confirming things till he's entirely sure. It's part of why there's a good chance he heard incorrect information about Minecraft(that said, Steve could still get in, but it could be unrelated to what he heard).

They're two different things. Entirely.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
The further away we're from another Fire Emblem character, the much better for me.
Also, hope Xenother's right on Erdrick coming, that sure as hell will put me in peace.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Verg specifically said it was Erdrick he heard the most.

He never has come out and said that he thinks he's indefinitely in. He believes he's fairly likely, though, but isn't willing to confirm him because he's not even sure he's definitely in. He actually is avoiding outright confirming things till he's entirely sure. It's part of why there's a good chance he heard incorrect information about Minecraft(that said, Steve could still get in, but it could be unrelated to what he heard).

They're two different things. Entirely.
This 100% ^

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm 100 percent expecting Brave to be a surprise.

I just have this gut feeling that we're not going to get Erdrick in such a televised manner. If Square was going to put one of their biggest icons as a guest in a game. They wouldn't have him known so far in advance and I just....

I feel that.

Cloud leaked like a day before from one person cryptically.

Erdrick is a RPG icon of his calibur and he's been known for what half a damn year?

No. That ain't right.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion

I just have this gut feeling that we're not going to get Erdrick in such a televised manner. If Square was going to put one of their biggest icons as a guest in a game. They wouldn't have him known so far in advance and I just....

I feel that.

Erdrick is a RPG icon of his calibur and he's been known for what half a damn year?

No. That ain't right.
Remember it's freaking Nintendo… I already learned to expected whatever after that last smash direct where they left freaking Ken and Incineroar as the final base roster reveals… yeah… I hope it's a surprise too ,of course, god knows I do, specially a character that truly feels like one "you wouldn't expect to join smash" as reggie said they would be.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896

I feel that.

No. That ain't right.
I agree I feel like Nintendo is going to surprise everyone with who Brave is, and if Brave is not the 2nd Square rep. Then I also expect the 2nd Square rep to be a surprise. I wouldn't mind if Im wrong about this and Erdrick is in, but I have that same feeling you have that Nintendo just might fool everyone and completely surprise everyone.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I agree I feel like Nintendo is going to surprise everyone with who Brave is, and if Brave is not the Square 2nd rep. Then I also expect the 2nd Square rep to be a surprise. I wouldn't mind if Im wrong about this and Erdrick is in, but I have that same feeling you have that Nintendo just might fool everyone and completely surprise everyone.
I seriously hope so. I mean, after all, good leakbait would mean the least obvious thing, and 3 DQ names honestly was making it too obvious to be a DQ rep. I really hope we get super surprised. I wanna trust they keep the surprises at the level Joker was

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Assuming Brave isn't Erdrick, they could be from that Tales of game that "Brave Vesperia" is from. Yuri Lowell, was it? Namco has certainly earned a second character and after learning just how big Tales of is in Japan I wouldn't be surprised.

D

Deleted member

Assuming Brave isn't Erdrick, they could be from that Tales of game that "Brave Vesperia" is from. Yuri Lowell, was it? Namco has certainly earned a second character and after learning just how big Tales of is in Japan I wouldn't be surprised.
Yuri is one of the most popular protagonists in the series. I could absolutely see him happening, and personally I would be really happy too. I've been playing Tales of Vesperia lately and it's really good.

However, I think a lot of people seem to be under the assumption that Erdrick *has* to be Brave or else he's deconfirmed which... isn't true at all lol. I don't even think that Brave is him, but that he's still likely later on.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I agree I feel like Nintendo is going to surprise everyone with who Brave is, and if Brave is not the 2nd Square rep. Then I also expect the 2nd Square rep to be a surprise. I wouldn't mind if Im wrong about this and Erdrick is in, but I have that same feeling you have that Nintendo just might fool everyone and completely surprise everyone.
The fact that you say that when you've got some kind of idea of how Square operates (as you've stated in the past, no?) is fascinating to me. Who knows? I'm positive on Erdrick right now, but I'd love to be genuinely surprised again like I was with Joker.

Top Bottom