• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Deleted member

Well to keep the discussions up are there any other franchises that you want in smash either 3rd party or Nintendo owned that you guys want in the game? Mine are Ys,No more heros,Resident Evil and Ninja Gaiden
As characters? Definitely Bomberman and Banjo. I would also appreciate Paper Mario, Soul Calibur, Viewtiful Joe (or any other Capcom series in UMvC3) Dragon Quest, Advance Wars, Custom Robo, No More Heroes, Shovel Knight, Golden Sun, Undertale, Crono Trigger. So many possibilities.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Actually, they didn't need to "proceed working on it" because the game has already been in steady development for a year or so now. You mean the PR will finally move on, which is what Nomura confirmed. It's a matter of time before we get news. Imagine if it's in the next Direct!! :o
Yeah Nomura (or Kitase, can't remember) Just recently teased news to come now in 2019, they said "7" and "most awaited" as key words for 2019. One of them also said multiple events planned, so who knows, aside from the obvious E3 that is.
I hope we get something already before E3, god knows I can't get older enought already lol.
Screen Shot 2019-02-08 at 11.32.23 AM.png

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Yeah, SE may be hard to work with but KONAMI is just "Stupid", at least for me who was lovely attached to the origins of the Company.
Now it's like "NOPE MINE" on DDR Music, etc and "NOPE, DEAD" with pretty good franchrises like Castlevania

But hey, they announced PES 2020 :4pacman:
yeah, that game....(i don't know what that is)

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
Yeah Nomura (or Kitase, can't remember) Just recently teased news to come now in 2019, they said "7" and "most awaited" as key words for 2019. One of them also said multiple events planned, so who knows, aside from the obvious E3 that is.
I hope we get something already before E3, god knows I can't get older enought already lol.
View attachment 190965

They're probably talking about FF7R since KH3 is done Nomura is shifting gears into FF7R development since Square put him in charge of that game as well and since he said he would shift gears to it after KH3's release.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Alright guys, there is a big chance the direct will be on the 13th.
1549641060428-1.jpg

In case you ask, yes, he is reliable and hasn't been wrong.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

King Zell mentioned it right?

Edit. Nevermind, saw your edit. Its probably the direct or announcement of the direct.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Pre Evolution Soccer (?

Hope it's Right.. We are S e e t h i n g for a direct right now
Guy hasn't been wrong and has leaked plenty of stuff as we know, so it's most probably true, unless there is a sudden change of dates internally between now and then lol, hopefully that doesn't happen tho.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Guy hasn't been wrong and has leaked plenty of stuff as we know, so it's most probably true, unless there is a sudden change of dates internally between now and then lol, hopefully that doesn't happen tho.
thank god for Wednesday it just needs to hurry up

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Hopefully true. But he also said there'd be a direct soon at the start of january and that didn't happen. And I wouldn't count the uk's indie highlights as one later in the month.

But I saw somewhere that they're still planning a direct, and acknowledge that it's been a while since the last one. That probably means it's close to about time to have one.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Hopefully true. But he also said there'd be a direct soon at the start of january and that didn't happen. And I wouldn't count the uk's indie highlights as one later in the month.

But I saw somewhere that they're still planning a direct, and acknowledge that it's been a while since the last one. That probably means it's close to about time to have one.
"soon" isn't exactly a date we can debunk now can we lol. He probably didn't know the date then, just "soon". And we know "soon" is a term that variates with each person's perspective, so god knows what nintendo considers themselves for "soon" after all.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Thinking about it further, what does Nintendo themselves have to gain from the 5chan leak? All third parties from different companies means a lot more royalties to pay and they have nothing to promote for themselves.

I'm not saying the fireden leak (with Edelguard, Sylux, Banjo, etc.) is real, but I can't help thinking you'd be a little foolish to believe there wouldn't be 1st party promotional picks in the pass.

And honestly, people are gonna get butthurt no matter what, but could you look past who the character is for one second? I myself did not bat an eye when Cloud was announced, but I went and bought him anyway only to see how fun he really was. Same thing happened for Incineroar, where my hate turned to love and now it's one of my favourite characters for single-player and FFAs.

Sorry I know I ranted a bit there but I just wish people wouldn't hyperfocus on who characters are so much.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Thinking about it further, what does Nintendo themselves have to gain from the 5chan leak? All third parties from different companies means a lot more royalties to pay and they have nothing to promote for themselves.

I'm not saying the fireden leak (with Edelguard, Sylux, Banjo, etc.) is real, but I can't help thinking you'd be a little foolish to believe there wouldn't be 1st party promotional picks in the pass.

And honestly, people are gonna get butthurt no matter what, but could you look past who the character is for one second? I myself did not bat an eye when Cloud was announced, but I went and bought him anyway only to see how fun he really was. Same thing happened for Incineroar, where my hate turned to love and now it's one of my favourite characters for single-player and FFAs.

Sorry I know I ranted a bit there but I just wish people wouldn't hyperfocus on who characters are so much.
Fans of those games buy Switches and Smash and the fighter pass. Also helps relations with third parties in regards to Switch support

Teeb147

Smash Legend
"soon" isn't exactly a date we can debunk now can we lol. He probably didn't know the date then, just "soon". And we know "soon" is a term that variates with each person's perspective, so god knows what nintendo considers themselves for "soon" after all.
That's some bull****ty logic there. But anyway, i dont know why you're taking that route, I was just saying we can't rely on what people say, they throw stuff out there sometimes that doesn't pan out. Sometimes it's intentionally vague so that they have more of a chance to be right.
This time it's a pretty direct claim, so let's see how that goes :O

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
yeah I wouldn't really debunk soon.

people will say something is coming soon and it ends up coming much later, even in official stuffs.

at least he gave a real date this time.

So, the direct will be SoonTM.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
That's some bull****ty logic there. But anyway, i dont know why you're taking that route, I was just saying we can't rely on what people say, they throw stuff out there sometimes that doesn't pan out. Sometimes it's intentionally vague so that they have more of a chance to be right.
This time it's a pretty direct claim, so let's see how that goes :O
Except this guy hasn't been wrong with what he has been leaking so far. And it's not a bull****ty logic, it's a fact. "soon" is not an exact date, nor it's a given range between specific dates either, and it's tied to what everyone perceives as "soon", which variates from each person to person. If you can't accept that then you're deceiving yourself with a definition that doesn't belong to the word "soon". Plus, King Zell also leaked the recent Indie Showcase if I'm not mistaken, and back then he said a Direct would happen in early February. If you don't want to trust someone who has a background of not being actually wrong, that's up to you, but you can't deny the reality of him as an insider/leaker, whether you trust him or not. Feel free to doubt him if you want anyway, nobody is making you trust him. Guy has an undeniably good background as leaker nonetheless, it's not like the other leakers.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

View attachment 190969
In case you ask, yes, he is reliable and hasn't been wrong.
HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPPPPPPPPPEEEE!!!!

Though I hope it's not Wednesday because that means I'm skipping a class or having to watch it late. Worst case scenario, I just don't go on the internet for the whole day, which is possible.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I dont give leakers the benefit of doubt.
Except this guy hasn't been wrong with what he has been leaking so far. And it's not a bull****ty logic, it's a fact. "soon" is not an exact date, nor it's a given range between specific dates either, and it's tied to what everyone perceives as "soon", which variates from each person to person. If you can't accept that then you're deceiving yourself with a definition that doesn't belong to the word "soon". Plus, King Zell also leaked the recent Indie Showcase if I'm not mistaken, and back then he said a Direct would happen in early February. If you don't want to trust someone who has a background of not being actually wrong, that's up to you, but you can't deny the reality of him as an insider/leaker, whether you trust him or not. Feel free to doubt him if you want anyway, nobody is making you trust him. Guy has an undeniably good background as leaker nonetheless, it's not like the other leakers.
It's bull**** logic because it's like lawyer perspective. Using technicalities to make a point rather than going with common sense.
Also, It's not smart to give the benefit of the doubt to leakers, even when they've had some things right. You just give more weight.
You don't say 'soon' to desperate gamers when it's 1 month and a half later.

Now lay off cuz I'm not in the mood to debate useless ****. if you want to believe claims that's your business. dont try to convince me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

On the topic of King Zell's reliability, we can use this direct release date as a means to judge him. There's an alternate outcome to his claim. If he ends up being wrong, we'll certainly use that against him for the future.

On the subject of him being vague, well, yeah. If they don't know, all they can say is "Eh. Expect one to happen." Technicality, sure, but not something I'm unused to with these types of leaker discussions. I keep up with Vergeben. This type of detail happens all of the time.

That's not entirely true. He has a good track record but rumors are rumors and can end up false for one reason or another.

Still, what he says is worth considering.
Also this. Seems he's not 100% or is really good at being vague. Either way, his correct claims are worth keeping in mind. Either way, we're practically predicting a direct to happen every next week when there isn't one, so nothing too out of the ordinary.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I might also just be tired of the whole leak culture.

In any case, I'd be surprised if there's no direct this month. And what I really want is the next character reveal in it. Which I'm actually a lot more hopeful for now.

D

Deleted member

I might also just be tired of the whole leak culture.

In any case, I'd be surprised if there's no direct this month. And what I really want is the next character reveal in it. Which I'm actually a lot more hopeful for now.
I'd be shocked if we got no newcomer reveal. Those are always a big deal when it comes to any direct. I'm trying to remember, but what direct has not mentioned Smash Bros newcomers in recent times? I would imagine the only time was the waiting period between Smash 4 and Smash Ultimate when DLC for 4 was finished.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'd be shocked if we got no newcomer reveal. Those are always a big deal when it comes to any direct. I'm trying to remember, but what direct has not mentioned Smash Bros newcomers in recent times? I would imagine the only time was the waiting period between Smash 4 and Smash Ultimate when DLC for 4 was finished.
There's been quite a lot of directs at some points, so there couldn't be smash stuff in each one, but this is the longest we've gone without one. I think the chances are pretty good for something.

I dont know all the reveal dates, but there is a list of all the nintendo directs.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Hmmmm so a potential Direct next week...February 13th....Sounds like Joker is about to steal our hearts before Valentines Day!

I had always thought that would be a great time to announce Joker's official release date or pull a Cloud and have them available after the Direct.

Doubt Square Rep will be announced...but we do have some Final Fantasy Games that have yet to have a release date for the Switch.

EDIT: I forgot, there was another Direct that talked about Cloud then released him. My bad, just getting a wee bit hype (If true)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hmmmm so a potential Direct next week...February 13th....Sounds like Joker is about to steal our hearts before Valentines Day!

I had always thought that would be a great time to announce Joker's official release date or pull a Cloud and have them available after the Direct.

Doubt Square Rep will be announced...but we do have some Final Fantasy Games that have yet to have a release date for the Switch.
The thing is don't they always reveal a newcomer after they talked about their info? There's always that, "But before we go, here's one more thing!"

I'm willing to bet on a newcomer just on recent events.

D

Deleted member

Yeah if Erdrick is happening I doubt he would be next, since Tansut said he wouldn't be announced soon a little over a month ago.
Any other SE character though, if it isn't Erdrick, is fair game for the next I suppose. But, I can't see any of the others being announced this soon either.

D

Deleted member

Yeah if Erdrick is happening I doubt he would be next, since Tansut said he wouldn't be announced soon a little over a month ago.
Any other SE character though, if it isn't Erdrick, is fair game for the next I suppose. But, I can't see any of the others being announced this soon either.
Eh. Soon could mean it would be a month or two wait. We've already discussed in this same page how soon is relative.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Us right now:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Hopefully King Zell is right. I've already driven to my mom's workplace against my will to fulfill a need of bothering someone about how Nintendo hasn't given us further Luigi's Mansion 3 info yet, while she stands there bewildered. It's 100% Nintendo's fault.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Possible, but Brave should be the next reveal. And it'll be funny if it's not anything like erdrick.
Personally, I think if they're in, they'll be the next reveal. Not set on it, and I'm just curious what'll really pop out. ;p

D

Deleted member

Eh. Soon could mean it would be a month or two wait. We've already discussed in this same page how soon is relative.
True. Though from the wording he used he said he "wasn't very far down the pipeline" so that makes me think that would he on the later end of "soon".

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Wait... so if Tansut is right about Erdrick not being revealed soon, possibly ruling out whenever our next Direct is (assuming Erdrick is DLC), what would that mean for Brave?

It would make sense for Brave to be revealed next, since they are the only other character in the datamine that has not been revealed yet.

Of course it could just be one of the 3 characters we know nothing about, but it would be kinda weird, at least to me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

True. Though from the wording he used he said he "wasn't very far down the pipeline" so that makes me think that would he on the later end of "soon".
Could be. We could just get an animated trailer like we did with Joker. Joker might be at a 75% by now while Brave could be at a 15%, which is more than enough for a reveal.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Could be. We could just get an animated trailer like we did with Joker. Joker might be at a 75% by now while Brave could be at a 15%, which is more than enough for a reveal.
He said wasn't far in development. Could still be the most developped after joker.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Wait... so if Tansut is right about Erdrick not being revealed soon, possibly ruling out whenever our next Direct is (assuming Erdrick is DLC), what would that mean for Brave?

It would make sense for Brave to be revealed next, since they are the only other character in the datamine that has not been revealed yet.

Of course it could just be one of the 3 characters we know nothing about, but it would be kinda weird, at least to me.
See this is a little odd. A majority of people would think Brave would be the next character announced because we have seen 'evidence' of its existence in the games code.

So surely, Brave is our next character to be announced. YET, we have a reliable insider coming out awhile ago and stating that "Brave will not be announced anytime soon" ......???

Truly this is odd. However, my money on the next character announced could be with the whole Xbox Live on Switch reveal. It's just too perfect.

EDIT: Correction he said Dragon Quest wasn't far along, no mention of Brave. Sooooo eeeehhhh!?!?!?

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
inb4 they only said Brave won't be revealed anytime soon because they think Brave is Erdrick.

but in reality, Brave is either our boi Steve Minecraft or our pals Bear & Bird.

of course it could also be that they have more codenames in another build and Jack + Brave happened to be in the 2.0.0 build because they oof'd.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Just to clarify, Tansut said
"DQ isn't terribly far along, from what I've gathered"

(So, didn't mention brave)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The "brave" datamine public knowledge came well after Tansut said that, Tansut only replied about Erdrick when the 5ch leaks became prominent. Particularly the one with only the P5 info. Unless Tansut was part of the circle that knew about the datamine for a month, I wouldn't say he necessarily knew about it by then.

Top Bottom