• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
She just said something exciting will be revealed tomorrow. Don't know what for but it might be for the game in question. Hype?
Watch Nintendo do an out of the blue direct (which I doubt happen and is a joke based on Spawn Wave claim that he had heard whispers of a direct on Thursday)

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
View attachment 190708
Off topic, but apparently, Edelgard from upcoming Fire Emblem Three Houses voice actress posted this on twitter on Monday:bluejump:
Will you look at that... It seems like Fire Emblem is getting another character xD Just like I have said for months
You know, I said I didn't want Shantae in, but if there's any way to avoid another goddamn FE character, I'll f***ing take it! Hell, I'll take a heavily-censored Velvet Crowe or Cross (because both are the same VA) over another one of those f****ers.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Yes because this is Nintendo we are talking about. The same people that acted like they wanted to use the ballot for DLC, yet they added Corrin and Bayonetta as DLC for the sake of marketing.. and having a character would be a good promotion of a game that has next to nothing right now.... And your comment even helps my statement since mostly everyone doesn't expect a Fire emblem character right now because "they are so many".

Saw that now. And she wrote that three hours ago
No.
Stop.
Nintendo? Oh the greedy money-centered jerks who gave us K. ROOL, RIDLEY, DAISY, CHROM, DARK SAMUS, ISABELLE, JOKER...ALL IN ONE FREAKING GAME! Indisputable big fan requests, some of them for decades!
This is so incredibly unfair. This is the card that's always busted out for a new FE rep when Nintendo has PROVED the Switch generation is the generation they fix themselves and their business practices.
You know who else they added as DLC? Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy, all veterans who people pleaded to have back, Ryu, a fighting game icon, and CLOUD, the mother of ALL "NEVER GETTING IN" Smash requests. But instead of assuming they'll follow this philosophy of pleasing fans due to having even LESS room for marketing-only characters this time, we're now assuming they're gonna revert to the Corrin days, where they ****ed up ONCE and faced heavy backlash for it.

Sorry if I come off as harsh, but I hate seeing this point about the same game that will end up having 80 CHARACTERS, including SOLID FREAKING SNAKE.

Nintendo is pulling their head out of their asses this gen, and they've proved it with Smash.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
There's no way this is a Smash hint but if it means Velvet gets to be the Tales rep I'd lose my darn mind.

No.
Stop.
Nintendo? Oh the greedy money-centered jerks who gave us K. ROOL, RIDLEY, DAISY, CHROM, DARK SAMUS, ISABELLE, JOKER...ALL IN ONE FREAKING GAME! Indisputable big fan requests, some of them for decades!
This is so incredibly unfair. This is the card that's always busted out for a new FE rep when Nintendo has PROVED the Switch generation is the generation they fix themselves and their business practices.
You know who else they added as DLC? Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy, all veterans who people pleaded to have back, Ryu, a fighting game icon, and CLOUD, the mother of ALL "NEVER GETTING IN" Smash requests. But instead of assuming they'll follow this philosophy of pleasing fans due to having even LESS room for marketing-only characters this time, we're now assuming they're gonna revert to the Corrin days, where they ****ed up ONCE and faced heavy backlash for it.

Sorry if I come off as harsh, but I hate seeing this point about the same game that will end up having 80 CHARACTERS, including SOLID FREAKING SNAKE.

Nintendo is pulling their head out of their ***** this gen, and they've proved it with Smash.
This is why you're the best. I'm so tired of the Edelgard boogeyman. We got Solid Snake and Cloud back, we got King K. Rool. Corrin was only added because the team proved to Sakurai they had a unique moveset. I'm so tired. Nintendo's done so much better this gen than last.

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
You know, I said I didn't want Shantae in, but if there's any way to avoid another goddamn FE character, I'll f***ing take it! Hell, I'll take a heavily-censored Velvet Crowe or Cross (because both are the same VA) over another one of those f****ers.
I don't one more either (and FE is my bread and butter) but the cynical in me can't help but think that they are at least adding one promotional material and FE is one of (if not the most) most likely on that regard.

No.
Stop.

Nintendo is pulling their head out of their ***** this gen, and they've proved it with Smash.
Yeah, but they still added Corrin and Bayonetta for the sake of marketing acting like DLC was going to be ballot only.... and if they are all for adding Erdick... yes, Erdick is huge in Japan, but it is well known that Square wants to market DQ better in west.. when Square have a more worldwide appeal character like Sora.... What stops them to do some personal marketing of their own? Nothing. And if you want to point out how big DQ is in Japan for an argument of adding Erdick as DLC... Guess what franchise is at its biggest in Japan too? Fire Emblem, Especially after the release of Fire Emblem Heroes (the mobile game) in the country where mobile gaming is at is biggest

I'm not saying that this is 100% but I think it's foolish to act that it's impossible all things considered. Especially when its NoJ that is choosing them from the start and not Sakurai

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Bayonetta was still a highly requested character. Just because you didn't have people shoving her down your throat didn't mean no one wanted her.

Hell, a lot of users here were hostile to people who dared suggest her

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Okay first of all how ****ing dare you re:Bayonetta when she was my friend's ballot choice and consistently scored crazy high on every fan poll.

I actually went back and watched literal hours of people reacting to Bayo's announcement the other day because I was sad and needed cheering up and SO MANY PEOPLE just ACCEPTED that she was the ballot winner because if you strip away all the revisionist history this stupid fandom likes to dump on her after the Evo fiasco you'll realize she really WAS that popular. People were hype for her and it made sense that she placed where they said she did - high in certain regions and worldwide top five in realizable characters. In fact many reaction videos figured it was between her and Sora.

Sure, she had a new game out, a game that reviewed insanely well and performed well at the Game Awards I might add, and that contributed to why she got so many votes but **** outta here if you compare her to Corrin when every single bit of data we have backs up the claim that she stood toe to toe with the veterans at least in the ballot. Stop this stupid **** just because she might not have had a big thread on some niche internet forum.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Bayonetta was still a highly requested character. Just because you didn't have people shoving her down your throat didn't mean no one wanted her.

Hell, a lot of users here were hostile to people who dared suggest her
-raises hand slowly-

Oh god. The attacks, the names, the stuff that was said to me.

The sheer audacity and gall of me to suggest she was even a likelyhood?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
People were hype for her and it made sense that she placed where they said she did
Bro... people are hype for hype for anything and everything.
I actually don't think I've ever seen a negative reaction video to any smash reveal.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Bro... people are hype for hype for anything and everything.
I actually don't think I've ever seen a negative reaction video to any smash reveal.
Umm, the november direct. But that was partly because of all the expectations.

osby

Smash Obsessed
"Bayonetta is promotion" is one of the weirdest conspiracy theories this fandom has ever came up with, considering she revealed alongside with Corrin and they were just "yeah, we were looking for a character to promote a game" about them and not about her.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Also I'm pretty sure Ms. Vee's game is going to be Overwatch.

When they revealed Ashe they said the next hero wasn't very far off behind her compared to the usual spacing between heroes.

Ashe came out in November. It's early Feb now.

Calling it she's the voice actress for a new Overwatch hero.

Rumble Red

Smash Journeyman
I can't imagine Smash Bros is a very exciting acting gig. Of course it's cool to be in a big, popular thing, but all you get is a bunch of grunts and yells and maybe six lines of dialogue.

Unless you're Makiko Omoto. I bet she has fun.

Oh, and of course Xander does too.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I can't imagine Smash Bros is a very exciting acting gig. Of course it's cool to be in a big, popular thing, but all you get is a bunch of grunts and yells and maybe six lines of dialogue.

Unless you're Makiko Omoto. I bet she has fun.
Grunts and yells and six lines of dialogue that will be memed up forever.

Do you know how many people can recite "Mina miteite kurei" despite not speaking Japanese at all?
Because I can do exactly that.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The greatest injustice they did to Sonic was replacing ''You're too slow."

They killed a meme that day.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
The greatest injustice they did to Sonic was replacing ''You're too slow."

They killed a meme that day.
It's a shame they went the cheap route and just used archival recordings of Roger Craig Smith instead of calling him in to do VO work.

D

Deleted member

Miiverse was hell for me when Cloud was revealed for Smash 4.
I felt like the only one who was happy about him being in the roster, because almost the whole site literally chased anyone who liked him because of the Playstation thing and the pathetic anime swordmen “”argument””.

I just hope that history doesn’t repeat itself if Erdrick gets revealed.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Miiverse was hell for me when Cloud was revealed for Smash 4.
I felt like the only one who was happy about him being in the roster, because almost the whole site literally chased anyone who liked him because of the Playstation thing and the pathetic anime swordmen “”argument””.

I just hope that history doesn’t repeat itself if Erdrick gets revealed.
It's going to repeat itself, you just need to take your victory and laugh at the haters.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
View attachment 190708
Off topic, but apparently, Edelgard from upcoming Fire Emblem Three Houses voice actress posted this on twitter on Monday:bluejump:
Will you look at that... It seems like Fire Emblem is getting another character xD Just like I have said for months
I'm telling you guys, Sakura Matou is being added to Smash because Sakurai knows Heaven's Feel is the best route.
Also I'm pretty sure Ms. Vee's game is going to be Overwatch.

When they revealed Ashe they said the next hero wasn't very far off behind her compared to the usual spacing between heroes.

Ashe came out in November. It's early Feb now.

Calling it she's the voice actress for a new Overwatch hero.
Oh that's my belief as well, Overwatch is still pretty huge and there's lots of lines to record for it compared to a small non-union gig like Smash. Plus the devs just love pumping out female Heroes for some reason.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Oh that's my belief as well, Overwatch is still pretty huge and there's lots of lines to record for it compared to a small non-union gig like Smash. Plus the devs just love pumping out female Heroes for some reason.
Well the last video did tease that robot chick so it would probably be her.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
So when does Polarpanda think the direct will happen?
As someone who is in contact with Polar every day and one of his souroces as well, we are still waiting to get any word or clue of when. My personal guess would be next week because most directs happen on mid month, usually past the 10th. To be honest it's long due, it's been already 4 months and almost half, of wait. The longest wait we've had so far for a direct. If the UK retailer leaked those games' release dates, I would hope that means the direct is really close now, as that could definitely be an indicative.

D

Deleted member

I made this don’t hate on me please

The square rep

Idk if eddy is the se rep. It could be someone different like crono terra or gex lol. When leakers and insiders say he’s in I don’t believe it when I see it therefore I’m doubting him being the se rep I’m not saying I don’t want erdrick in I’m just saying I’m gonna wait for an official word from Nintendo/sakurai saying if he’s in or not so this whole se nonsense would stop

Last edited by a moderator:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Um excuse me hi if anyone wants to dog my babe Bayonetta you're gonna have to go through me okay

But naw, I know there is controversy in a lot of ways about her placement in the polls and the timing in which she was being planned, but... Bayonetta is and was hugely popular. I didn't vote for her in the ballot (that went to K. Rool), but I wanted to see her in, that's for sure. I was really pumped to see her in, even though I didn't buy her DLC. I'd just lost too much steam for Sm4sh by then and didn't want to spend the money at the time.

Bayonetta was a popular request, though. I see no reason to doubt that.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
I think there is a healthy level of doubt to apply to leaks so there isn't anything inherently wrong with what you said, though I think you come off as saying you straight up think it isn't Erdrick because the leakers are saying it is him which may or may not be what you were trying to say.

Um excuse me hi if anyone wants to dog my babe Bayonetta you're gonna have to go through me okay

But naw, I know there is controversy in a lot of ways about her placement in the polls and the timing in which she was being planned, but... Bayonetta is and was hugely popular. I didn't vote for her in the ballot (that went to K. Rool), but I wanted to see her in, that's for sure. I was really pumped to see her in, even though I didn't buy her DLC. I'd just lost too much steam for Sm4sh by then and didn't want to spend the money at the time.

I think the main thing I always see whenever Bayonetta is brought up is that she was added before they could have known she would be popular. I would suggest that they probably had some idea of what their fans wanted before the ballot so it's not like she wasn't added due to her popularity but I don't think it's unfair to suggest she didn't get in because of the ballot.

That said I remember being unsurprised that Bayonetta got in due to how often I felt like I heard her name leading up to it.

Last edited:

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
OHH SACRAMENTO, SACRILEGIO

It's ok buddy, no one have the right to HATE you because of you intuition/Skepticism

But wasn't Bayo presented as "The most requested character in X place"? I always though it was like "The most plausible between the requested"

Last edited:

helloiamhere

Smash Journeyman
Look at what Nintendo has done. Society is breaking down without a Nintendo direct and Sakurai to free us from Purgatory.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
But wasn't Bayo presented as "The most requested character in X place"? I always though it was like "The most plausible between the requested"
It was a mixture of characters that could be realized (in such short notice, meaning a more left-field third party like Banjo would be out of the question), most requested in Europe (where Bayo was most popular), and whether she scored high enough in polls worldwide. With those factors combined, she came out on top in Europe and in the top five in the US/Japan/elsewhere.

That being said, that means we don't know who might have 'actually' won the ballot in terms of requests that couldn't be realized at that time. In terms of what could be done for Sm4sh in particular, it was Bayonetta.

Top Bottom