• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ARandomZoomer

Smash Apprentice
Well folks I just had a dream they revealed that the next fighter pass character was Mike Tyson so pack it up because I think we know who Brave is.
Huh. I also had a dream reveal except it was King Boo holding a scepter and the stage was based on a Mario Party board

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Well I'm guessing now it's just waiting for next week's direct and hope the SE dilemma gets resolved. Just curious, not a specific character, but if the next reveal wasn't an SE one, what developer do you think it could be? Namco? Capcom? Microsoft? etc. Usually we talk about characters we want, but I want to know which dev/company would be the next one in your mind if you don't think of a specific character in particular, just to have a different twist or perspective on predictions.

I can't remember right off my head if there are any special dates or events for either companies or franchises, that could fit well for a reveal of a character of theirs into Smash. In case anyone is more informed on that and can add it to their predictions.

Also… Am I truly the only one who thinks they won't be limiting the newcomers to one per company/developer? I truly believe the chances of two SE, two capcom, namco, or two whoever's reps is a thing that could happen if the characters are both big enough.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Well I'm guessing now it's just waiting for next week's direct and hope the SE dilemma gets resolved. Just curious, not a specific character, but if the next reveal wasn't an SE one, what developer do you think it could be? Namco? Capcom? Microsoft? etc. Usually we talk about characters we want, but I want to know which dev/company would be the next one in your mind if you don't think of a specific character in particular, just to have a different twist or perspective on predictions.

I can't remember right off my head if there are any special dates or events for either companies or franchises, that could fit well for a reveal of a character of theirs into Smash. In case anyone is more informed on that and can add it to their predictions.

Also… Am I truly the only one who thinks they won't be limiting the newcomers to one per company/developer? I truly believe the chances of two SE, two capcom, namco, or two whoever's reps is a thing that could happen if the characters are both big enough.
Namco for sure. THough, I'm not sold on one company getting 2 characters in the pass. That feels like too much like "putting all your eggs in one basket" to me. I feel the love will be spread around and not giving one company more of a spotlight than others.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Namco for sure. THough, I'm not sold on one company getting 2 characters in the pass. That feels like too much like "putting all your eggs in one basket" to me. I feel the love will be spread around and not giving one company more of a spotlight than others.
Well that's why I didn't specify if in this pass, just in general. But yeah I also think Namco would be the next, it's my guess as well.

D

Deleted member

What are y'all gonna do if the direct on the 13th happens and we don't get any smash news?
I just hope that I get a trailer for Ultimate Alliance 3 if the Direct ends up happening.
Seeing Erdrick or anything related to DK, Dragon Quest or Metroid would be cool too doh.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
What are y'all gonna do if the direct on the 13th happens and we don't get any smash news?
My expectations range from nothing, to Joker gameplay. Since I don't really have any attatchment to Joker (nothing against him) yet, I don't expect anything from that direct to blow me away.

D

Deleted member

Nintendo, Sega, or Namco. I expect Microsoft is E3.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
I'll be fine, I've endured worse. Take the gap between Persona 4 and Persona 5, for example. Can't say the same for everyone else though.

This is probably the closest image that visualizes the madness/meltdown that would ensue.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
I want you all to know that I back ZenythSmash ZenythSmash as a valid leaker. Well, to clarify, he's not really trying to leak things himself, but the bits of info he says are true, like that Erdrick is ALSO coming from Verge's end. Zenyth has amazing connections, so trust him.
i'm just an ear, keep in mind. no inside info on my own end.
i want insiders to work together to unravel something instead of throwing rocks at each other :D

...wait Zenyth is a leaker?

oh
oh ****
nono, JUST AN EAR
i hear and share what i heard with other insiders so they can figure out something. some times if they come across something they need to verify, i share my personal knowledge and experience so they can have a clear view if its reliable to share and trust.
sometimes i may have to craft something for public info to spread cleanly, but i've been super busy as of late. *shrugs*

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Hopefully they've realized how stupid an episodic release schedule would be.
Same. Just release it as a full game at once, even if it still requires more than one disc. It wasn't a serious issue to the point that it stopped sales of previous games, after all. I mean, it's better than dual-layered, as that can have so much data on one disc that it causes slowdown. It's like too overloaded with memory, pushing the limit. One of Brawl's biggest issues. Not that I don't get why; having it on more than one disc might be fine for a storyline-driven game, but it can be awful for games that aren't a long-ass storyline like Smash is. What'd you have to do, put in a disc for SSE each time? Sounds annoying, right?

Rumble Red

Smash Journeyman
Same. Just release it as a full game at once, even if it still requires more than one disc. It wasn't a serious issue to the point that it stopped sales of previous games, after all. I mean, it's better than dual-layered, as that can have so much data on one disc that it causes slowdown. It's like too overloaded with memory, pushing the limit. One of Brawl's biggest issues. Not that I don't get why; having it on more than one disc might be fine for a storyline-driven game, but it can be awful for games that aren't a long-*** storyline like Smash is. What'd you have to do, put in a disc for SSE each time? Sounds annoying, right?
It's not a storage media issue, it's a development cost issue. Or a profit issue, however you want to put it. They can't charge you twice if they sell you the whole thing at once, and with a ludicrous modern Final Fantasy budget that probably is actually necessary.

I honestly wish FFVII had been remade at the tail end of the PS2 era or something. A remake made then could've still been relatively faithful but still been a big upgrade from the original, and today we'd probably be playing an HD remaster of that, perfectly content. Though I guess it'd probably have Compilation stuff in it, so maybe not.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's not a storage media issue, it's a development cost issue. Or a profit issue, however you want to put it. They can't charge you twice if they sell you the whole thing at once, and with a ludicrous modern Final Fantasy budget that probably is actually necessary.

I honestly wish FFVII had been remade at the tail end of the PS2 era or something. A remake made then could've still been relatively faithful but still been a big upgrade from the original, and today we'd probably be playing an HD remaster of that, perfectly content. Though I guess it'd probably have Compilation stuff in it, so maybe not.
True, true. I mean that some games can't hold that much data as is, so trying to fix it all on one disc is a choice by the developers. That's why I referred to Brawl as a problematic game design due to how it was development. I wasn't really speaking on development costs, just the decision in itself, just to be clear.

And yeah, I can see that. Best way to make people pay more is releasing 'em in parts.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Essentially, like always, the main issue with Square is greed.
And severe lack of leadership and actually talented people in the right positions.
Nomura being the director for FFVII Remake is a TERRIBLE mistake.
Sakaguchi and the original FF team is long gone. The Enix team is the only one that is consistent, with top tier games they usually produce these days. But even then, it has been hard for them to pump out new games.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Keep in mind the distribution of money isn't automatically going to Square-Enxi no matter how much they're involved with a project. By that, I mean the composers are paid separately. So I don't think it's entirely about greed. I think it plays a role, but it's not that simple. We don't exactly know how they're paid to really call it that alone. The greed seems closer to "smart business decisions to make the highest gross pay", but if they're paying everyone well, isn't that kind of necessary? The development costs to make a game are exceedingly high, and we notable pay a far cheaper amount for any single game. So it takes sometimes a lot of time to break even with the cash flow alone.

It's part of why I don't think it's nearly that simple. Though it'd help if people stopped blaming SE for the lack of FF songs in Smash. I do agree they didn't work with Sakurai well enough due to the lack of SE content as a whole, though.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Arguably they're cheap for not bothering with paying for music rights while other companies could.

And in regards to selling the VII remake in episodic chunks for profit, that's definitely greedy.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Arguably they're cheap for not bothering with kidney for music rights while other companies could.

And in regards to selling the VII remake in episodic chunks for profit, that's definitely greedy.
There's definite greed there, yeah. Not all of it is about that, but it exists.

More or less what I mean by it being not that simple. Also, to be fair, charging for the music in their own games can be rather annoying sometimes. We have to remember that every time they develop a game, they start losing money till it sells enough to even out. So spending less money on this stuff does have logic to it.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Aha! He said it yesterday. That's after the date this leak was posted. Keen.
He said thirteen. If that date just so happens to be a Direct announcement while the Direct itself comes the next day, it may have been a chance, but otherwise, I don't see this happening.
Jedah buddy. Directs don't come out on Wednesdays. Besides, plenty of people have been speculating that that's what he meant anyway.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I don't think Team Fortress 2 ever has a chance of being a crossover in anything.

Valve is a ****lord when it comes to characters they own appearing off the Steam platform even if they've appeared elsewhere prior.

See Bill Overbeck in Dead by Daylight. Left out of console versions because ''uWu Steam Exclusive uWu"

That immediately throws out the leak before you even get to the other unbelievable stuff like Mother 3 and 2B.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Jeddah buddy. Directs don't come out on Wednesdays. Besides, plenty of people have been speculating that that's what he meant anyway.
First, it's Jedah, and second, there's one way that leak can go down and it's by simply announcing a date different from next Thursday, and that's what makes me hesitate it, there's more than enough days for the Direct to happen. But, I can't recall the last time a Direct happened just a day later after being announced, so maybe I might be missing something.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Aha! He said it yesterday. That's after the date this leak was posted. Keen.

Jeddah buddy. Directs don't come out on Wednesdays. Besides, plenty of people have been speculating that that's what he meant anyway.
Imma be real with ya why would the protagonist from persona 3 be an echo for joker that makes no sense at all this is fake

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Imma be real with ya why would the protagonist from persona 3 be an echo for joker that makes no sense at all this is fake
I dunno. Why is Dark Samus is an echo of Samus, or Daisy an echo of Peach when canonically, they're all quite different from each other in moveset?

I mean, in a potential game where even lawyers can join the fight, I don they're willing to make a few stretches. Especially considering the Bowser Jr. Alts.

First, it's Jedah
Oh, you can blame swype for that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom