• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Deleted member

For those of us who can't / don't want to look at these KH3 spoilers, what's your most wanted Square Enix character that isn't from a series on the list (aka no Super Mario RPG, Kingdom Hearts, Chrono, Final Fantasy, or Dragon Quest characters)?

For me, I'd love 2B from NieR: Automata.
Gex :4pacman:

In all seriousness though, probably Neku

OpticalBlast

Smash Journeyman
I had a dumb idea/daydream where Nintendo revealed the next character in a Super Bowl ad.
This is all so weird to me. As someone who only ever played Kingdom Hearts 1 and just understood the series to be a Disney/FF crossover, it's been really strange to hear how much that aspect's been dialed back. I know KH really went its own way after a while plot-wise, but I always hoped that if I went back to the series there'd be some fun appearances by characters from FF games I liked a little more than VII/VIII/X. Vivi was in KH2, right?

No limits, no rules, no possibility of ever happening? JC Denton.
This is the correct answer.

D

Deleted member

Actual football being advertised in american football? That would be awesome.
And there will be a new Smash mode

Where, instead of home-run contest and target blast (I think that was what it was called lol), you try to launch a soccer ball and destroy as many targets as you can.

nah we're getting TECMO BOWL QUARTERBACK IN SMASH!!
OH ****.

REVEAL WHEN

Rumble Red

Smash Journeyman
Don't be silly, now. Since Piranha Plant's made Mario enemies fair game, it's gotta be Chargin' Chuck.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
For those of us who can't / don't want to look at these KH3 spoilers, what's your most wanted Square Enix character that isn't from a series on the list (aka no Super Mario RPG, Kingdom Hearts, Chrono, Final Fantasy, or Dragon Quest characters)?

2B hands down. She's the one character other than Joker without a notable Nintendo appearance that I want in Smash just because NieR Automata is the best game I've ever played.

Other than her, Neku Sakuraba from The World Ends With You.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I am. Generally speaking I like polls, they feel like democracy.
And considering that the threads current topic of discussion is most wanted characters that are not on the list, it's the perfect time.

Last edited:

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599

I always was intrigued to see how Lara Croft from Tomb Raider would be handled in Smash.

D

Deleted member

I'm really liking how often Neku shows up. He's my number one pick.
From what I've noticed he's kind of a middle ground. The one that almost EVERYONE can agree would be ****ing awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

Lara. She's basically IMO the only one of their franchises not on the list worthy of being on it.

With the exception of maybe Braverly since it's so tied to Nintendo.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

A Bravely Default character for sure. Honestly, it's the only Square franchise I'm really interested in.

Although I would be completely fine w/ 2B as well.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Yeah. Add in the fact that the most FF representation we got in KH3 was a Bahamut mention and a Cactuar, FF representation is in a weird place.
Ugh. I really hate how that series got the shaft in this game.
Especially considering how it was part of the founding crossover appeal in the first place.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Neku and 2B seem to be the primary characters not on the list. There's also the Eidos owned characters like JC Denton and Lara Croft.

Rumble Red

Smash Journeyman
Dammit, I'm getting into a Why Doesn't Square Enix Just Make Their Own Versus Game Already kind of mood again.

D

Deleted member

I feel my brother would love Neku from The World Ends With You, so he's an option. TWEWY also has a killer soundtrack so that's a good boon for it.

Another option would be Lara, because we really don't have many humans with modern day equipment doing human things. This is coming from someone who's never seen Tomb Raider in action, but I think it would be unique. Another one of those classics.

A lot of people are saying 2B, but I have so little interest in Nier Automata to care about her. Sorry y'all.

I played Bravely Default, but I didn't feel it much. I was there for the story, and when the story turned to ****, suddenly the game became more and more of a slog. Granted, I'm biased against class systems in RPGs because I suck at RPGs. What I did enjoy from the game, I enjoyed. That soundtrack is amazing and the character interactions were charming. I wouldn't be opposed to the idea. Hell I bet Sakurai can make a very interesting fighter out of Agnes by giving different class skills.

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
You know, I wonder how Geno would make a transitions to Kingdom Hearts. It's been a thing that has bugging me for a long while now, especially with some of the things in KH3 making my ponder. I imagine a KH Geno would be different from the SMRPG Geno, kinda like how KH Cloud is very different from FFVII. That goes with all the KH FF reps honestly. I just wonder how they would apply Geno's nature to the logic and lore of the KH universe. There would definitely be no Marioverse references, that's for sure.
There's a puppet heartless in KH3 that looks very similar to Geno

here's an image of it.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dn098TtWsAEV_sH.jpg

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
So he's a heartless now eh? Guess that means the Geno nobody superboss, Ognex, is somewhere in the code.
What, is there an Organization XIII that is made up of rejected Smash characters?
That is actually a pretty cool/funny image. Imagine Waluigi in a black coat.

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
A minor nitpick but Zexion was never norted. His eyes remain blue.
That's because Zexion was revived as a normal Huma
So he's a heartless now eh? Guess that means the Geno nobody superboss, Ognex, is somewhere in the code.
Not all nobodies have Xs in their names just the ones that are supposed to be Xehanort vessels take Namine as an example of that. Also before you say it, yes I know you were probably joking with the whole naming thing you did there but I enjoy being a pedantic **** sometimes. ;)

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
I will also say, and I will avoid any possible spoilers when I say this, but what is a big star related thing in KH3? And what is Geno to the Mario universe, all things considered? It's one of the things about KH3 that has got me thinking...

Edit: I will say this about the reveal idea, that choice of music is even more fitting when you recall that Square themselves have referred to Geno as Pinocchio.
To answer your question all the worlds are stated as being stars in the night sky in the universe of KH. So it's really not a case of what's star related in KH3 so much as what's star related in KH as a whole.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Not Waluigi. Awxgiuil
I am going to assume that some of the other members of this Organization are Asaxci, Alexshy, Sxatahne and Edex.
Not all nobodies have Xs in their names just the ones that are supposed to be Xehanort vessels take Namine as an example of that. Also before you say it, yes I know you were probably joking with the whole naming thing you did there but I enjoy being a pedantic **** sometimes. ;)
Who is to say that this Organization is not being used in a similar way? You don't know this Smash Bros fan made lore.
To answer your question all the worlds are stated as being stars in the night sky in the universe of KH. So it's really a case of what's star related in KH3 so much as what's star related in KH as a whole.
I was more thinking along the lines of the star beings at the Final World. It intrigued me and I reminded myself that when you get down to it, Geno is pretty much an angel possessing a toy, with his original form not being too dissimilar to how Chirithy is before it makes it's Dream eater form.

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
Yes, but they only ever appear in Twilight Town. We never went to Shibuya in Dream Drop.
That wasn't Twilight Town it was Traverse Town, Twilight Town doesn't even appear in Dream Drop Distance.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
That wasn't Twilight Town it was Traverse Town, Twilight Town doesn't even appear in Dream Drop Distance.
...Whoops:facepalm:. Sorry, sometimes that happens with me. My point still stands though, no game series worlds have appeared in Kingdom Hearts as of yet, so a TWENY world being a thing is pretty big.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace

Randi from Secret of Mana, hands down

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord

Probably Neku because TWEWY is one of my favorite games and I think his moveset would translate pretty well into Smash

(Also can’t believe John Madden from Madden 08 got confirmed for Smash at the Super Bowl last night)

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
i really love how the entire fanbase just go into a state of shock when Kumazaki posted Erdrick's Shield with Kirby on instagram.

It could be him posting random stuff again, but who really knows?

User Name String

Smash Apprentice

Tiz Arrior from Bravely Default

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
i really love how the entire fanbase just go into a state of shock when Kumazaki posted Erdrick's Shield with Kirby on instagram.

It could be him posting random stuff again, but who really knows?
If we were to take him literally by his Instagram, this means Evangelion is in Smash, and my final dream for Smash has come true.
:4pacman:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
How many of y'all will be upset if it is Erdrick?

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I will simply and firstly because it won't any longer feel like a "character you wouldn't expect to be in Smash", to me anyway it already doesn't. I'm gonna keep expecting bigger reveals for the remaining DLC characters, no less.

If we were to take him literally by his Instagram, this means Evangelion is in Smash, and my final dream for Smash has come true.
:4pacman:
Is this what Shinji asked for during the Human Instrumentality project? boi finally got in the freaking robot and got redeemed then.

Last edited:

kirby3021

Smash Journeyman
I'd be, but that's more out of a desire for the leakers to be wrong. I wouldn't mind him as a character, even though there are others from Square I'd prefer.

Last edited:
Top Bottom