• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
For a DQ stage, I want a tour-type stage.
It can be explored while the figters Battle on top of either Ramia, the Legendary bird, or floating magical platforms (that can be found on dungeons, particularly Dragon Quest 4 and beyond).
So, either a tour through Alefgard (which Even people who bought Builders will immediately recognize) or a tour through the memorable events of DQ history.

For a Chrono stage, it's settled. Fighting on top of Epoch (piloted by Lucca, Marle, and Frog) as it cruises through all time periods.

Sephiroth, I agree that Planet's Core would be great.

Sora, have to go with The World that Never Was.

Geno's forest Maze is a no brainer. How I picture it though? A big stage (slightly smaller than New Pork City) where you fight on top of tree branches. And exiting through one walk off, will make you appear on the opposite Side of the screen.
But here's the gimmick. Because it's a Maze, it's programmed sort of Lost Woods style from Zelda. So you aren't going to simply reappear on the exact opposite Side of the X axis. You could reappear on a higher/lower path, on the same or other side.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, I wonder how Geno would make a transitions to Kingdom Hearts. It's been a thing that has bugging me for a long while now, especially with some of the things in KH3 making my ponder. I imagine a KH Geno would be different from the SMRPG Geno, kinda like how KH Cloud is very different from FFVII. That goes with all the KH FF reps honestly. I just wonder how they would apply Geno's nature to the logic and lore of the KH universe. There would definitely be no Marioverse references, that's for sure.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Finally finished the set.

I like how some turned out, like Roxas and Saix, but some also look weird, like Zexion and Xaldin. I'll need to revisit this later, but for now I'll take a break on Kingdom Hearts.

COMPLETE: Roxas, Xion, Axel, Saix, Xemnas.
Needs finishing touches: Lexaeus, Vexen, Demyx, Marluxia, Luxord, Xigbar.
Needs a revamp: Larxene, Zexion, Xaldin.
A minor nitpick but Zexion was never norted. His eyes remain blue.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Well, since it pertains to the SE rep...

Apparently, according to this interview, the creator of DoA (within which Ryu Hayabusa is most well-known in the modern day, as opposed to the retro Ninja Gaiden) has never spoken to Sakurai about Smash at all.

If I'm not misinterpreting, doesn't that completely debunk that popular 5chan rumor, since it listed Ryu Hayabusa? Surely talks within Koei-Tecmo would be a thing with all parties involved with Ryu's series if he was in.
i really don't wanna retype anything i said several times already

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
HOLY **** THAT SECRET ENDING TO KHIII THAT GOT PATCHED. OMFG

Lmfao, the crazy leaker was kinda right in the end, holy crap
Nomura's wild ride never ends
we Nomuraverse now

HERE'S JOHNNY!
his designs reminds me a lot of Ganon for some reason

Not that you're wrong on that other post (because you're right on the info), but that comment by Ovaltine Ovaltine was covered in the replies left below his', so there's no need to correct it.
its fine then.
i was looking at a older post by accident anyways, hahaha.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Not that you're wrong on that other post (because you're right on the info), but that comment by Ovaltine Ovaltine was covered in the replies left below his', so there's no need to correct it.
That would be hers, actually.

But yeah, that post was long, loooong corrected, so that kinda surprised me to see that, haha...

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I just realized how perfect a Sora and Geno shared trailer could be if they were able to license out Disney things even for a hot minute.

What is Geno? A fan wish.

What is Geno? A star spirit.

Imagine a glimmering star in the sky that just lands into a doll as an instrumental version of that plays. Geno's splash screen starts and you fade into Forest Maze.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I just realized how perfect a Sora and Geno shared trailer could be if they were able to license out Disney things even for a hot minute.

What is Geno? A fan wish.

What is Geno? A star spirit.

Imagine a glimmering star in the sky that just lands into a doll as an instrumental version of that plays. Geno's splash screen starts and you fade into Forest Maze.
I will also say, and I will avoid any possible spoilers when I say this, but what is a big star related thing in KH3? And what is Geno to the Mario universe, all things considered? It's one of the things about KH3 that has got me thinking...

Edit: I will say this about the reveal idea, that choice of music is even more fitting when you recall that Square themselves have referred to Geno as Pinocchio.

Last edited:

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
Geno and Sora both sharing a trailer and getting in?

Now that's my thing.

totally didn't post only to show the waluigi gif

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
After months of torment and pain from this ****ing thread, it has shifted into it's final pre-Direct form.

Masked Marshmallow's sprite thread.

Pretty good transition

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
After months of torment and pain from this ****ing thread, it has shifted into it's final pre-Direct form.

Masked Marshmallow's sprite thread.

Pretty good transition
It's the evolution of all things on the internet. The thread was made for high class and informative speculation, now it's for sh*t posting and art sharing with the occasional flame war. I don't mind that though(Well, besides the flame war bit, obviously).

D

Deleted member

If we're posting art, I am sketching the entire roster. Enjoy

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

It looks great dude! Its great to see so many people with artistic talent here. Keeps me motivated to become better myself.
Yeah. Art's great. I love seeing great fanart. You can bet I'll be drawing the DLC characters when their portraits are revealed. Also plan on just randomly sketching Smashified renders and other random characters I want in Smash Bros or am at least interested in. Catch me later when I sketch Sora and Erdrick.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
It looks great dude! Its great to see so many people with artistic talent here. Keeps me motivated to become better myself.
I don't even know where to start when it comes to art. Would love to make things of my own, but I just can't seem to go out and really try, despite me often coming up with tons of ideas for such things.

D

Deleted member

I don't even know where to start when it comes to art. Would love to make things of my own, but I just can't seem to go out and really try, despite me often coming up with tons of ideas for such things.
I started drawing stick figures from 2009 to 2012 before I felt bold enough to start drawing mediocre blobs. How you start really does not matter in the long run as long as you just start and make progress. Draw what you want, see what you can do to improve it, ask for advice, and keep at it even if it gets in the way of your real life priorities. If someone tells you your drawings suck, it usually comes from a place of wanting to see you improve. If they don't actually offer advice or perspective, it's best to say they're not worth your time.

Also take an art class somewhere down the line. While boring and challenging, it'll teach you some very important techniques and principles that will drastically reduce some strain. If classes are not your style, the internet is available with a **** ton of art tutorials and lessons. YouTube has its fair share of dedicated art channels like Draw With Jazza and the like. Speedpainting videos are also good if you want to watch someone's process and steal techniques and ideas.

If it sounds like a lot, it's because it is, but dedicated arting every day can go the mile. Most people don't start out drawing because they're good. It's to get ideas out of their head. Start there and see where you can go.

D

Deleted member

Also also: a good forum can be a good online community to show your artwork and ask for criticism. The web comic forum I go to, Comic Fury, has a dedicated critique section for people to get their stories and art judged for the long-term good.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, I feel like we should try to put up a new poll for this thread. The last one has been done for a while and another poll could easily bring up some new discussion. It's just a question of what the new poll would be about.

D

Deleted member

You know, I feel like we should try to put up a new poll for this thread. The last one has been done for a while and another poll could easily bring up some new discussion. It's just a question of what the new poll would be about.
Maybe we can make a SE general poll, or make one outside the current 7.

D

Deleted member

What are you thinking when it comes to the general option?
Add some characters that we've seen requested or mentioned in the thread. Characters like 2B, Neku Sakuraba, Lara Croft, Chocobo, Terra, Eight(DQ), Madason, and so on have been mentioned a few times during the threads.

Could be cool to have a poll with more choices and multiple ones, and instead of likehood which characters you like or would want to see.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Add some characters that we've seen requested or mentioned in the thread. Characters like 2B, Neku Sakuraba, Lara Croft, Chocobo, Terra, Eight(DQ), Madason, and so on have been mentioned a few times during the threads.

Could be cool to have a poll with more choices and multiple ones, and instead of likehood which characters you like or would want to see.
I think that would be fun. I forget though, what is the max poll number you can do?

Rumble Red

Smash Journeyman
I'm jonesing for another fake image leak. All we've had recently is that one with the sound test icons, with DQ and MonHun. I wanna see some questionable renders, y'know?

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Tfw you want a Dragon Quest character but you don’t want it to be Erdrick so nobody ends up latching onto one of the billion fake leaks with him in it

Whelp guess I’m a Luminary stan now. Catch me growing out my hair to look like the McDonalds arches to appease our lord and savior

Last edited:

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
So just finished KH3 and saw the secret ending....... Nomura what on earth! I’m incredibly excited and confused at the same time.

I’m not going to spoil it, but let’s just say for those who were saying Sora doesn’t do crossovers in other games because of Disney. This ending literally threw that out the window!

I’m very curious if this ending was considered when choosing Smash Bros Ultimate DLC.

Also hope everyone here is doing well!

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
So just finished KH3 and saw the secret ending....... Nomura what on earth! I’m incredibly excited and confused at the same time.

I’m not going to spoil it, but let’s just say for those who were saying Sora doesn’t do crossovers in other games because of Disney. This ending literally threw that out the window!

I’m very curious if this ending was considered when choosing Smash Bros Ultimate DLC.

Also hope everyone here is doing well!
Hey, watch out man. Telling people how you feel about it is considered a spoiler by some. :o
Big no-no

Jokes aside, yes, pretty insane right?

Long time no see, btw!

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
TBH I watched that ending, and I don't see the connection to Smash in any way.
I can think of a dozen potential crossover destinations in that particular setting though.

What's this "fans of a certain other franchise will be excited" thing from a few Pages back?

.....twewy?

Top Bottom