• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Deleted member

I thought all this MK talk was about the other MK, and was thinking about poor Cloud, Link, Mallow and Geno.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Where did the Link VS Cloud thing start anyway? It seems to have been a thing for years, but I never understood where it came from.
The gaming community of the late 1990s was debating on what was the best game of all time, and the crowd was split between Ocarina of Time and FFVII, alongside SM64. But given how Zelda and FF were bigger adventures with sword wielding blond hair protags, the comparisons were endless. The old Nintendo fanbase was also split in the end bc of this. These games rocked the gaming world at the time, and it was basically kids' playground talk to imagine who would win in a fight. Death Battle is a mere reflection of a much bigger thing that happened in that period.

For real tho if Cloud rode the motorcycle he stole from Shinra it'd be pretty sick and further the Link vs. Cloud thing since they'd both be in MK8.
Having a course based on Midgar with the "Crazy Motorcycle Chase" as the music for the track would blow my freaking mind

EDIT: So uh.......
Is Mizumi legit claiming Sora is indeed in Jump Force?
To give some info to those who are unaware, there has been a rumor regarding Sora in Jump Force since this showed up:

Last edited:

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Its a joke related to the secret ending of Kingdom Hearts 3. Not serious.
Like, I understand the joke, but it's uncanny, given the VJump scan here. There has been a rumor for a few weeks that Sora is actually in the game
Then again, I haven't seen anyone dare to translate to see if this holds any merit.
A Ayumi Tachibana , care to give an insight on this?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think that page only lists the contents of the magazine and says the numbers of pages that cover the respective games. Jump magazines regularly contain info regarding popular upcoming games, including Square-Enix ones.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
I think that page only lists the contents of the magazine and says the numbers of pages that cover the respective games. Jump magazines regularly contain info regarding popular upcoming games, including Square-Enix ones.
Thanks for pointing that out! That might be the case.
And, tbh, this would make the rumor quite hilarious.

Last edited:

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
KH3 will recieve special feature segment and that's it. Jump Force also will get 19 pages. They are not related.

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
KH3 will recieve special feature segment and that's it. Jump Force also will get 19 pages. They are not related.
Jump force is getting 19 ****ing pages?

Man, I hope there's a few more character reveals. All I want is Gintoki and Kagura and I'm set for Jump Force.

D

Deleted member

Are there any actual gag or comedy series in Jump Force at the moment? Feels weird that a Jump game doesn't have Gintoki, Ryotsu, or Arale. Kinda got interested due to Dai being in the game, but no Gintoki nor Arale makes me think the game is just dropping comedic characters.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Are there any actual gag or comedy series in Jump Force at the moment? Feels weird that a Jump game doesn't have Gintoki, Ryotsu, or Arale. Kinda got interested due to Dai being in the game, but no Gintoki nor Arale makes me think the game is just dropping comedic characters.
Not particularly. But still, At least in the case of Gintama, it still pulled off the battle shonen well when it wanted to even if it was first and foremost a comedy series.

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
I just realized I need this in my life. At least I got Yugi if nothing else.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
For God's sake how about we don't spoil a game that just came out in a thread for an unrelated game especially when considering said fanbase is likely playing said game right now

Last edited:

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
For God's sake how about we don't spoil a game that just came out in a thread for an unrelated game especially when considering said fanbase is likely playing said game right now
Oh yeah. Because saying if they liked the ending or not (a concept that is 100% subjective) is a spoiler...
Come on dude... No need to mislabel the conversation like that.

D

Deleted member

Yep, that Direct is coming soon. No launch date announced in the video
Thought for a sec there that Cloud would come to MK. XD

I laughed out loud with the quirky humor Nintendo already pulled off by referencing the "Attack when its tail is up........."

Thought you were talking about the other MK for a moment. Cloud could have some pretty sick fatalities not gonna lie.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, I feel like we have not discussed stage possibilities as much as we should have on this thread besides the really general stuff. Each character in the DLC will cone with a stage after all.

D

Deleted member

You know, I feel like we have not discussed stage possibilities as much as we should have on this thread besides the really general stuff. Each character in the DLC will cone with a stage after all.
Forest Maze

D

Deleted member

But what would it be like as a stage? What would be it's gimmick or layout that makes it unique?
goofy arrows could rain down and freeze opponents.
Yeah, and a certain button could be locked if an arrow hits that button (for instance, you can't shield if the arrow hits your shield button).

There could also be those log pipes that take you to a different part of the stage

D

Deleted member

For Erdrick, I would like to see an Alefgard tour with monsters popping in every transition from place to place and either having to defeat them or wait until they run to move next part of the stage.

For Sephiroth, only one I can think of is the Planet's core or the forgotten Capital. Have one of Jenova forms attack you while in the stage

Sora, The world that never was or Hollow Bastion. Can't think of gimmicks apart from heartless, nobodies and the Org. XIII.

Chrono, pretty much a tour around the world in the Epoch with various events affecting it (Reptites flying around the epoch, Lavos in 1999 destroying the world around you, present era being peaceful, medieval era having magus power causing turbulence, future era have johnny racing along the epoch).

Masked Marshmallow

Smash Lord
Forest Maze could take place mostly on top of a tree stump, like in Bowyer's boss battle. Bowyer would appear in the background atop another tree stump and would eventually shoot arrows like you guys said. If the arrow hits a player, they get stunned for a moment. Sometimes a button will spawn and if an arrow hits it, that button is locked for a few seconds. Players can hit the arrows to ricochet them away. Some random enemies can be seen walking around in the background and Bowyer's arrow servants would be lined up on the sides watching.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
As someone who loves the opening of KH2 I'd love Twilight Town as a Sora stage. Maybe take some cues from 3 with a Heartless tidal wave and some Nobodies could randomly spawn. Lots of rooftops to jump around on.

Last edited:

Rumble Red

Smash Journeyman
I saw an extremely fake Direct leak earlier that had the Tower of Rubiss as Erdrick's stage. I don't think that'd be too interesting on its own, but it'd make a good part of an Alefgard tour stage. Not just because it's an important location (and tower dungeons are pretty common in DQ), but because Toriyama might finally have to do an official design for Rubiss.

For a Chrono Trigger character, obviously a time-travel stage with a bunch of eras would be ideal, but if they had to settle on just one era for budget reasons I think I'd want something from 65,000,000 B.C. It gets the time travel theme across, and there are plenty of opportunities there to do something unique.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
As someone who loves the opening of KH2 I'd love Twilight Town as a Sora stage. Maybe take some cues from 3 with a Heartless tidal wave and some Nobodies could randomly spawn. Lots of rooftops to jump around on.
Maybe they could have a stage on the clock tower.

Thought you were talking about the other MK for a moment. Cloud could have some pretty sick fatalities not gonna lie.
Now I'm thinking of what a version of Mortal Kombat with all the Smash characters would be like, fatalities and everything included, and.... not gonna lie, it'd actually be hella fun

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
If we were to see a stage for Sora I'd hope for Destiny island. Have the palm tree leaves used as platforms and it transitions to the fight with darkside as a stage boss.
If not destiny island then traverse town I'm not sure what the gimmick there would be though.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Would be neat for using as a stage transition to the Umbra Clock Tower
And how cool would it be to have the 358/2 crew appear on the stage doing their usual sea salt ice cream break? Would be a nice way to implement the characters in a meaningful way besides slating one of them as an assist trophy(Which would probably go to Riku, all things considered) or a spirit.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Here's Square Enix's Jesus aka best TWEWY character.

I'm out of ideas of who to do now. Any suggestions?
You know, I only really know about TWENY because of a certain let's player and I recall that he would refer to this character as Jesus all the time whenever he is brought up. Anyway, I would say either a fully hooded black coat just to do the look in a general sense or some SMRPG characters.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
You know, I only really know about TWENY because of a certain let's player and I recall that he would refer to this character as Jesus all the time whenever he is brought up. Anyway, I would say either a fully hooded black coat just to do the look in a general sense or some SMRPG characters.
Joshua is supposedly Jesus' original name.
Too bad the TWEWY character is such a piece of **** that the association is laughable.

Top Bottom