• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SPOILER ALERT] - The Sevens Squares. - A Square-Enix general support threads.

Who do you think is the most likely possible Square-Enix Newcomer? (Two Choices possibles)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Hey, watch out man. Telling people how you feel about it is considered a spoiler by some. :o
Big no-no

Jokes aside, yes, pretty insane right?

Long time no see, btw!
Yes it was definitely an ending that I would not have expected. And yes long time no see hope you’ve been doing well :).

TBH I watched that ending, and I don't see the connection to Smash in any way.
I can think of a dozen potential crossover destinations in that particular setting though.

What's this "fans of a certain other franchise will be excited" thing from a few Pages back?

.....twewy?
I didn’t say the ending was directly tied to Smash. Only that it shows that Disney is clearly giving more freedom to Square and Nomura when it comes to Sora. This potentialy could show Disney would also allow Sora in Smash as they are giving Square more freedom. I’m not saying for sure this relates to Smash, only that it’s a possibility.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I didn’t say the ending was directly tied to Smash. Only that it shows that Disney is clearly giving more freedom to Square and Nomura when it comes to Sora. This potentialy could show Disney would also allow Sora in Smash as they are giving Square more freedom. I’m not saying for sure this relates to Smash, only that it’s a possibility.
Oooh I see. Well in that case, gven the context, then yeah! It looks pretty likely now!

I wonder if Disney ever thought about having him explore the other company's territories.

Like have him visit Zanarland, or Truce's Millenial Fair, or Lara's Mansion, or even Rad Racer, lol

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I also need to point out that he posted Dragon Quest stuff a while ago too.
Among other things
The thing that catches my eye is that he call it the brave's shield. Pretty much solidifying the idea that the hero can be brave, because now there is evidence of Erdrick being called The Brave.

But yeah. Nothing too big yet. We'll see.

Last edited by a moderator:

Untouch

Smash Master
I don't think this is a hint, but there is something notable.
He calls it "Brave's" shield.

D

Deleted member

I don't think this is a hint, but there is something notable.
He calls it "Brave's" shield.
Yuusha translates directly to Brave, I don't really think it's too noteworthy in terms of all this.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
I want to say that I really like that shield. I don't think I ever noticed before, but the symbols on it spell out "Roto." That's kind of a neat touch.

D

Deleted member

This account makes me want a Kirby plushie game, funny how plush Kirby interacts with the environment.

Pretty much it cements DQIII popularity.
So just finished KH3 and saw the secret ending....... Nomura what on earth! I’m incredibly excited and confused at the same time.

I’m not going to spoil it, but let’s just say for those who were saying Sora doesn’t do crossovers in other games because of Disney. This ending literally threw that out the window!

I’m very curious if this ending was considered when choosing Smash Bros Ultimate DLC.

Also hope everyone here is doing well!
I never understood the whole argument against Sora regarding crossovers, his first encounter was with Squall. And pretty much KH1, KH2 and DDD have him interacting a lot with FF characters and TWEWY.
Who's Shinya Kumazaki. Quick google search pins him as a HAL employee. Anything else I should know?
IG profile says he is General Director of the Kirby series.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

This account makes me want a Kirby plushie game, funny how plush Kirby interacts with the environment.

Pretty much it cements DQIII popularity
Now I want a game like that too... And, was anyone even doubting that in the first place?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
So just finished KH3 and saw the secret ending....... Nomura what on earth! I’m incredibly excited and confused at the same time.

I’m not going to spoil it, but let’s just say for those who were saying Sora doesn’t do crossovers in other games because of Disney. This ending literally threw that out the window!

I’m very curious if this ending was considered when choosing Smash Bros Ultimate DLC.

It does make me hope that a change in direction is on the horizon and that other gaming franchises and characters will get some focus.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Must contain hype! This means nothing. This means nothing!

It's probably Yuri Lowell's hobby sculpture of Erdrick's shield. Or there's probably a Bravely Default cart behind it. :p

Ok, or it's just a little tribute to a beloved game series in Japan. But holy hell is it fun to think about.
Nice find. I think that, if anything, it's at least something you can show someone who doesn't believe that 'brave' could easily be used for dq heroes by japanese developpers :p So it's a kirby dev that likes DQ?
Technically, wouldn't any hero called yuusha be the same though?

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
So, how many of us are up for a wants poll for this thread? It was discussed a bit earlier, but I am curious of a wider opinion.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion

Forgive me if I'm wrong but

Isn't it just TWEWY? Which has already been in KH anyway? It's still an SE franchise.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Forgive me if I'm wrong but

Isn't it just TWEWY? Which has already been in KH anyway? It's still an SE franchise.
True, but here is the things...

We have never been able to go to worlds based on different Square properties. It's only ever been Disney or Kingdom Hearts originals. So seeing a TWENY world is quite shocking and opens some new possibilities. Heck, it's part of the reason I have been wondering about Geno X Kingdom Hearts, because this revelation might mean more of a Square focus in the future. Another factor in all of this is that Yozora was also introduced as video game character, making the idea of a more Square focus even more fitting.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

We have never been able to go to worlds based on different Square properties. It's only ever been Disney or Kingdom Hearts originals. So seeing a TWENY world is quite shocking and opens some new possibilities. Heck, it's part of the reason I have been wondering about Geno X Kingdom Hearts, because this revelation might mean more of a Square focus in the future. Another factor in all of this is that Yozora was also introduced as video game character, making the idea of a more Square focus even more fitting.
...but the TWEWY cast is literally in Dream Drop?

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace

Not only that, but the FF Versus XIII callbacks were also pretty real.
The world itself, while having TWEWY elements in the Sora scenes, also had FFVXIII tainted in the Riku ones (which were in Shinjuku, with a remixed version of Somnus playing in the background), hence why people were speculating on Square properties even coexisting in the same worlds.
Either way, Sora and co. being more free to explore non-Disney worlds that aren't original is a huge breath of fresh air for the series, and opens up new opportunities for even other kinds of crossovers, possibly.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Not only that, but the FF Versus XIII callbacks were also pretty real.
The world itself, while having TWEWY elements in the Sora scenes, also had FFVXIII tainted in the Riku ones (which were in Shinjuku), hence why people were speculating on Square properties even coexisting in the same worlds.
Either way, Sora and co. being more free to explore non-Disney worlds that aren't original is a huge breath of fresh air for the series, and opens up new oportunities for even other kinds of crossovers, possibly.
I heard about that. that does only helps the idea more. I do wonder what other Square worlds Sora and Riku could visit. There is certainly a lot of potential choices. That reminds me, I also recall that Nomura had actually once described Noctis being like Sora's brother, yet his opposite. Perhaps they are going to jump on that relationship dynamic with Yozura, due to him being a clear Noctis expy.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
I heard about that. that does only helps the idea more. I do wonder what other Square worlds Sora and Riku could visit. There is certainly a lot of potential choices. That reminds me, I also recall that Nomura had actually once described Noctis being like Sora's brother, yet his opposite. Perhaps they are going to jump on that relationship dynamic with Yozura, due to him being a clear Noctis expy.
Well, FFVII world is a given, both because of the remake and the plotline Nomura started back in KHI.
And yes, I bet this might be a dynamic he will go for with Yozura. A bit sad how FFXV didn't become what he wanted though. If he could, Noctis himself would definitely be in the game.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Well, FFVII world is a given, both because of the remake and the plotline Nomura started back in KHI.
And yes, I bet this might be a dynamic he will go for with Yozura. A bit sad how FFXV didn't become what he wanted though. If he could, Noctis himself would definitely be in the game.
I wonder... Do you think this is Nomura trying to take a second shot at what he wanted FFXV in at least some shape or form through the Kingdom Hearts series?

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
I wonder... Do you think this is Nomura trying to take a second shot at what he wanted FFXV in at least some shape or form through the Kingdom Hearts series?
100%
S-E won't let him create a remake of FFXV so soon, and he would hardly have time to create a new FF of his own.
He will use KH to use the most of his time to get what he wanted.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Except most of the FF characters claimed to have come from Radiant Garden as their home.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Except most of the FF characters claimed to have come from Radiant Garden as their home.
Yeah. Add in the fact that the most FF representation we got in KH3 was a Bahamut mention and a Cactuar, FF representation is in a weird place.

helloiamhere

Smash Journeyman
I'm the biggest Erdrick homer here and that instagram pic doesn't say much.

1. We know that Yuusha already translates directly to Hero, and "Hero" and "Brave" are basically interchangeable in Japanese.
2. Some Erdrick detractors need to be reminded of this constantly it seems, but Dragon Quest is a cultural phenomenon in Japan, obviously game devs are gonna have some merch for it.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Oops!
Forgot about that one! Nice memory!
I guess I forgot about it after the FF representation being close to zero after a certain point. And when it did have, its characters were pretty off-character, to the point of being disconfortable. XD

Yeah. Add in the fact that the most FF representation we got in KH3 was a Bahamut mention and a Cactuar, FF representation is in a weird place.
Actually, there was a small Cloud cameo at the very beginning of the game as a statue, but that was it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm the biggest Erdrick homer here and that instagram pic doesn't say much.

1. We know that Yuusha already translates directly to Hero, and "Hero" and "Brave" are basically interchangeable in Japanese.
2. Some Erdrick detractors need to be reminded of this constantly it seems, but Dragon Quest is a cultural phenomenon in Japan, obviously game devs are gonna have some merch for it.
Pretty much this. Many seem to take it as confirmation for Erdrick but it's really nothing.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
For those of us who can't / don't want to look at these KH3 spoilers, what's your most wanted Square Enix character that isn't from a series on the list (aka no Super Mario RPG, Kingdom Hearts, Chrono, Final Fantasy, or Dragon Quest characters)?

For me, I'd love 2B from NieR: Automata.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
For those of us who can't / don't want to look at these KH3 spoilers, what's your most wanted Square Enix character that isn't from a series on the list (aka no Super Mario RPG, Kingdom Hearts, Chrono, Final Fantasy, or Dragon Quest characters)?

Neku or 2B definitely.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Oops!
Forgot about that one! Nice memory!
I guess I forgot about it after the FF representation being close to zero after a certain point. And when it did have, its characters were pretty off-character, to the point of being disconfortable. XD

Actually, there was a small Cloud cameo at the very beginning of the game as a statue, but that was it.
Then I guess we are both wrong, because you forgot that the Cloud cameo was then followed by an Auron cameo. Still lacking representation for a series originally based on the idea of Disney X Final Fantasy.

D

Deleted member

There's a lot for me. Bartz is my absolute #1, but also DQ5's protagonist or Neku would be fantastic.

Rumble Red

Smash Journeyman
This is all so weird to me. As someone who only ever played Kingdom Hearts 1 and just understood the series to be a Disney/FF crossover, it's been really strange to hear how much that aspect's been dialed back. I know KH really went its own way after a while plot-wise, but I always hoped that if I went back to the series there'd be some fun appearances by characters from FF games I liked a little more than VII/VIII/X. Vivi was in KH2, right?

No limits, no rules, no possibility of ever happening? JC Denton.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace

As far as Square characters that not on the list: I have three: Neku, Noctis, and 2B would be my other most wanted Square characters next to Sora and Erdrick. Square is just one of those companies that just has so many options (like Capcom) in terms of characters and content for Smash, and it sucks that they don’t use it!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Characters that I would like? Agnes from Bravely Default, Lara Croft, or Adam Jensen if we're not counting series on the list.

beans

Smash Lord

Neku or someone from one of the old titles, before the fusion between Square and Enix.
The only one that I can see getting enough people behind them is Randi tough, since we actually got a Secret of Mana remake.

Top Bottom