• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spider-Manfia: (Game Over! Roles Posted)

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
But again, we've seen some different roles in the last few games. Just keep that in mind

Does it seem like the likely possibility? No, but you can't count anything out right now.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
So... what's next to discuss? (I need some sort of discussion that I can really join in on...)

Handorin

Smash Hero
Also, you keep talking about daykilling SKs, and put the mafia wiki quote up as evidence that they exist. Kirby King pointed out to you (although you seem to have missed it) that the quote you gave makes no mention of any daykilling serial killers.

I'm not saying they don't exist, but the fact that they're not mentioned in the wiki indicates to me that they're rare, which makes it strange that they would be the first thought you had about Nick's likely alignment.
Reread it. It says it. If you think I edit the quote when I put it in there, go read the wiki yourself.

Also, the reason I keep talking about it is because OTHER PEOPLE keep talking/asking me about it.

If you don't consider the possibility, you are being naive.

My answers are clear until you guys cloud them.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Okay...
so

What do people think of a no lynch? Right now, I don't believe we really have anything to run with right now, sort of like HP Mafia for those who played. We've been debating Handorin's semantics, and Nick's fake daykill.

If we HAD to vote, I would vote Hando right now, but right now I don't see why we shouldn't think about a no lynch at this time.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I would be for a no lynch but as you said yourself, we haven't tossed around anything really viable for discussion. It's been a seemingly empty day, or well empty is the wrong word. It's just been a run of the mill day, there have been some weird happenings here and there but nothing to make me want to rest on my laurels yet.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
against a no lynch right now. there've been things pointed out against eor, handorin, iggy, and rockin, maybe some others and i'm personally leaning towards a tmw lynch

Handorin

Smash Hero
against a no lynch right now. there've been things pointed out against eor, handorin, iggy, and rockin, maybe some others and i'm personally leaning towards a tmw lynch
requoting because I put italics on tmw, but that doesn't work in quotes.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I also against a no lynch right now. So far I think discussion has been pretty good and I feel like we've made some progress. I personally want to hear more from Eor and the whole Freudian slip thing.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
No Good Spidey-Lovers:

junglefever (1): Handorin

Handorin (1): Sharpevil

Ignatius (1): Nothing Rhymes With Circus

Kirby King (1): Eor

Rockin (1): MexicanBJ

tmw_redcell (1): Marshy

Marshy (1): KevinM

With 17, it takes 9 to lynch!

Deadline clarified as noon on the 22nd. Reminder: No majority = no lynch.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I disagree with a no-lynch, but unless we reach a decision soon, that's what we might end up with. Ignatius, I'm still waiting for your response to my question.

Also... with regards to who we lynch, I'd consider voting for Handorin, Ignatius, Rockin, or KevinM, as they are the ones who've I've gotten scum tells on.

Handorin

Smash Hero
The whole time I thought you were just getting your feelings hurt by my posts instead. Guess I was wrong again.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
@ nick's earlier question: how bout we discuss who's suspicious and needs lynchin' since deadline's up soon. or why we should no lynch

tmw because he hasn't given much for us to work with. he's been inactive and everyone's dealing with it and i don't get why. though i prefer he just post about his suspicions and go from there but until then i'd be ok with his lynch.

no one has more than 1 vote on them. 7 votes spread out across different players isn't pressure and perhaps that's why certain people aren't responding. pressure on people you'd like to get responses from non-voters aka over half the players?

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
You know what, I'd find it agreeable to pressuring tmw. (Could we get a mod prod on him?) Vote tmw

I'll unvote when he provides some of his suspicions.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I disagree with a no-lynch, but unless we reach a decision soon, that's what we might end up with. Ignatius, I'm still waiting for your response to my question.

Also... with regards to who we lynch, I'd consider voting for Handorin, Ignatius, Rockin, or KevinM, as they are the ones who've I've gotten scum tells on.
You keep mentioning you have scum tells on players, care to actually point some of them out or are you just blowing smoke.

I'm always extremely wary of people that sing their own praises by saying they have picked up scum tells on people without pointing out where they got it from.

It's like you're attempting to look valuable without actually posting anything of substance.

also I agree with the prodding of TMW, I kinda forgot he was even in this game.. Has he posted at all?

Handorin

Smash Hero
tmw has made seven posts. One to enter the game.

User Name Posts
Handorin 61
junglefever 48
Tom 47
Nicholas1024 43
Kirby King 40
Evil Eye 39
KevinM 33
MexicanBJ 27
Macman 21
Marshy 15
Rockin 13
mentosman8 12
Mediocre 11
Nothing Rhymes with Circus 11
Eor 11
Sharpevil 8
tmw_redcell 7
Ignatius 5
Yaya 3
Wario-man5780 1

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I think everyone up until Macman has some explaining to do.

How do you have less then 20 posts at this stage in the game?

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
You keep mentioning you have scum tells on players, care to actually point some of them out or are you just blowing smoke.

I'm always extremely wary of people that sing their own praises by saying they have picked up scum tells on people without pointing out where they got it from.

It's like you're attempting to look valuable without actually posting anything of substance.

also I agree with the prodding of TMW, I kinda forgot he was even in this game.. Has he posted at all?
I had voiced my suspicions on all of them at one point or another... but if you need the recap, then...

Handorin:
He was being quite confusing and jokey on everything and calling that "his playstyle", advocating that it made him hard to read for both town and mafia. I wasn't the only one who called him on it. Suspected Mafia/independent. He'd be my first choice.

Ignatius:
I'm waiting for him to answer my question at the moment. My primary problem with him is that in response to Kirby king's question (the one about would you vote for me if I had done a real daykill), is that he said he'd lynch me, not so much because he thought I'd be mafia, but because I'd be a danger to town, and because I'm incompetent. Even after Kirby king pointed out the flaws in this plan, he stuck to his answer. I'm still waiting for a response from him on WHY he thinks I'm incompetent.

Rockin:
Not too much to go on here, however, he was the only one (besides you) to vote me for my fake daykill, which was the second vote on me at the time. Perhaps it was an overreaction at my vote, however, someone (I think it was Tom), raised the possibility that he might have been trying to get his vote on early in case a bandwagon developed.

KevinM:
You've pretty much dropped out of recent discussion, however, back before my jokevote, you had voted MexicanBJ on no other grounds than "I think he's scum", and then expecting him to give you a response. You also voted me for my fake daykill, but as you're the one that I had aimed at, that is understandable.

So yeah, I have gotten the tells, and I have voiced them before. Don't accuse me of feigning activity.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Hando: is there a reason you still have a vote on me?

Also, like Marshy said, the way things are spread out, it's going to be a no lynch. I think it's going to be too difficult to come to a majority agreement on who to vote (I've never really advocated lynching an inactive [unless it is the infamous Karthik King)).

Nicks pretty much summed up a few people who I missed that have generated discussion. However, (to those of you who haven't answered) do you think it is enough to gain a majority vote on one of these people?

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
I'm not for a no lynch. We're not flailing about with no information; it's not like HP mafia where (IIRC, and I'm not double checking so I could be wrong) there were compelling name claims among both viable lynch candidates.

If nothing else I'd lynch Hando, but since I still think he's more likely independent than scum I'd rather use that as a fall back lynch than a primary target.

I'd definitely like redcell and Iggy to address outstanding questions aimed toward them. I'm also sort of wondering where Eor went, and since he's yet to respond to my post directed at him, vote: Eor.

I'm thinking we should try to put our "final" votes down by Saturday night (or earlier?) so that we have Sunday/Monday morning to get a majority (or at least decide that we actually don't want to lynch, rather than just not lynch because we couldn't settle on someone on time).

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
I like setting an early deadline actually. That sounds like a good idea.

What happened in HP Mafia is that we spent most of our days discussing the flavor of what M3D gave us instead of trying to generate discussion. We have seen some good discussion, and we have a few options, they just aren't...strong options in my opinion.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
No Good Spidey-Lovers:

tmw_redcell (2): Marshy, Nicholas1024

Eor (1): Kirby King

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Reread it. It says it. If you think I edit the quote when I put it in there, go read the wiki yourself.
I believe you. I just somehow passed over it when I read the quote from the wiki.

Also, the reason I keep talking about it is because OTHER PEOPLE keep talking/asking me about it.

If you don't consider the possibility, you are being naive.
Alright.

But not every possibility is equally likely. Giving them all equal consideration is both nonsensical and counterproductive.

Frankly, your defensiveness on this issue is strange. It's okay to acknowledge that an example you gave was poor, but you seem to be unwilling to do that. Still, that doesn't make you mafia, or even particularly scummy, in my eyes. It just makes you oddly stubborn.

I'm going to Vote: Eor right now.

He has as few posts as me, but each of them, from what I can see, has far less content. He's really only discussed three topics. Tom's black text, my "Freudian slip", and his suspicion of Kirby King for introducing discussion of hypothetical situations, when the discussion of them has already led to some of the more valuable conversation we've had on Day One.

Everything he's said so far has been both nonsensical and divisive. From the few posts that he's made (and, admittedly, I've made just as few), it's hard to gauge his alignment. However, I think there's a perhaps 25% chance that he's mafia, and if not, he's definitely inactive and inattentive.

In my opinion, lynching Eor is the best option from a risk/reward perspective.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Per my opinion of him all day, I would support an Eor lynch, and am placing my vote there.

vote: Eor

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
No Good Spidey-Lovers:

tmw_redcell (2): Marshy, Nicholas1024

Eor (3): Kirby King, Mediocre, Tom

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I'm going to Vote: Eor right now.

He has as few posts as me, but each of them, from what I can see, has far less content. He's really only discussed three topics. Tom's black text, my "Freudian slip", and his suspicion of Kirby King for introducing discussion of hypothetical situations, when the discussion of them has already led to some of the more valuable conversation we've had on Day One.

Everything he's said so far has been both nonsensical and divisive. From the few posts that he's made (and, admittedly, I've made just as few), it's hard to gauge his alignment. However, I think there's a perhaps 25% chance that he's mafia, and if not, he's definitely inactive and inattentive.

In my opinion, lynching Eor is the best option from a risk/reward perspective.
You know, due to his inactivity (and all the other activity going on in this game), Eor has been completely under my radar... but that ends now. Anyway...

True, none of his posts have contributed anything whatsoever, unlike almost every other person on the list. However... inactivity isn't the best basis to lynch someone. (However, it would be better than a no-lynch.) Also, after Kirby King responded to Eor's comment on his hypothetical situation, Eor never responded...

At any rate, a bandwagon seems to be developing on Eor. I'll give him a little time to explain himself, but unless he does so soon, he'll have my vote as well.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
I want Eor to address these matters before I jump on pressure bandwagon. If he hasn't said anything by the time I get back from the Tigers game tonight, then I will help pressure him unless enough votes are there to pressure.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I agree with the general consensus that inactive players should be getting some spotlight. I realize I have one of the lower post counts in this thread, but post quantity is not what I think we should be focusing on. Specifically, the fact that some players are being called out and are still not speaking up is fishy to me.

Eor is getting enough pressure without me, so...

Unvote
Vote: tmw

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
I've been really busy the last few days, I should be able to catch back up and make a post in the early AM tonight.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
So what's going on here?

Evil Eye says, "Deadline's coming up, guys."

"Let's take a break, everyone replies!"

Also, since he's the person who currently seems to be the top lynch candidate, and he hasn't posted in five days now, I think I'm justified in asking for a modprod on Eor.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
If a majority isn't reached by deadline, there will be a No Lynch, which I think would be a failure after all the discussion we had today.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Its Friday evening, and we still don't have a reply from Eor. At this point, I'll support his lynch.

Vote Eor

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I'm sorry guys, I haven't been on smashoards a lot. You can check my recent posts, I haven't posted a lot at all, nor been on AIM.

But pretty much, I'm not really sure how I can defend myself. I made a poor joke and I'm going to die form it. I've explained that joke, it was pretty convoluted and stupid, but that's just how I post, I figured people would get it.

If you are going to lynch me, I'd rather you let me claim first.

I asked everyone for one word answers to a simple question. I then asked a follow-up question to a subset of those who responded (and only the people I thought had interesting answers). If you claim this is a "massive derailment," Eor, you must hold that (a) this discussion is fruitless, which I would argue already isn't true, (b) this discussion is preventing other discussion from taking place, when it's designed to target only those whose one word answers were of interest, minimizing its scope, and (c) this discussion has actually "massively derailed" other ongoing (presumably legitimate) discussion. I challenge you to prove your claim, or else admit that you're just throwing around baseless accusations to look important.
A derailment doesn't have to be from an already going discussion. I found the discussion to be useless. It might, say, make someone intelligent become suspicious of someone, but unless that person slips up elsewhere, which would also make the person suspicious, there's no way we could use your discussion to lynch someone, which is the main purpose of the day.

I'd also like to know what you think of Mediocre. Does his long-winded response to my question raise any flags for you, especially after Marshy posted about why we shouldn't be providing easy outs to questions that no one asked us?
No, it raised no flag. That's Mediocre being Mediocre. I've played a lot of games with Medi, that's how he posts.

If I need to explain the Freudian slip again, I was making fun of myself. You guys play South Park Mafia II? Look it up and read what Dr. Twist did about saying "lol you just leaked you were town!". It was suppose to be similar to that, but unlike Dr. Twist I'm not ******** and I was joking.

Handorin

Smash Hero
But pretty much, I'm not really sure how I can defend myself. I made a poor joke and I'm going to die form it. I've explained that joke, it was pretty convoluted and stupid, but that's just how I post, I figured people would get it.
Some people in this game just don't know how to take a joke.

Top Bottom