• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spider-Manfia: (Game Over! Roles Posted)

Handorin

Smash Hero
In the first bit, Handorin was being confusing on purpose, and later said that he was joking. I had voted him because he had been using a faulty line of reasoning to end with a vote. However, being that he had been joking (I thought otherwise, since everyone else was getting serious), I dropped my vote. (However, his maneuver did give me some suspicions.)
Jokes tend to be on purpose. Also note that my votes were during the joke vote phase and your reference was on page 2. (I am not denying that I have been using jokes through out the game)

*snipz*
More from me to come later. TLI Mafia is in a very important phase and it demands the majority of my thought.
I agree with this post, but mainly with the part I left in.

If Hando is town and he wants his side to win, he should be able to express that himself.
I want town to win.

Drum roll please...........thoughts you were so eagerly waiting I couldn't tell if you were shaking with anger or anticipation:

1) Tom- A MafiaTom would find no trouble defending me. In the case I flip town, it gives him kudos. However, he does speak many truths that town should listen to. Overall Town.

2) tmw_redcell- That cat is ugly. Oh and not a lot has raised flags. Seems to have slightly jumped on my wagon.

3) Rockin- His vote on Nic for the daykill was odd. Only one decent post really.

4) KevinM- I don't think he deserved as much attention as he got. Again mainly because Nic is grasping at straws. (Again meaning I typed this after Nic. I just copied and pasted this list from the first page and typed as I thought)

5) Eor- While there are a few things I agree with, most of it hasn't been pleasing to my eye. Scummy, but I'm not sure.

6) mentosman8- Same as Medi

7) Macman- Hasn't said a whole lot of worth.

8) junglefever- Seems to be wishywashy. Like, last few posts, he votes me, but then agrees with me that there isn't a great lynch candidate.

9) Mediocre- Not nearly as active as I know he can be. He should step up his game.

10) Nothing Rhymes With Circus- Anytime I make a decent sized post taking to other people, he comes in and tries to tear it apart. Go away and go talk about someone else. (And I'm sure he will come in and say something about this and how I'm wrong because he has talked about other players somewhere)

11) Sharpevil- New to the game. Half his posts have been about me. I don't know.

12) Yaya Ignatius- Yaya's two posts were worthless. Since Iggy took over, nothing has stood out in my mind.

13) Marshy- He can do better. Not really any flags.

14) MexicanBJ- He seems to follow the general consensus. Also has the odd thought that being defensive is anti town. I'm not sure where he gathered that thought.

16) Nicholas1024- He's grasping at straws. Could be a mafia that made an early desperate attempt to set in a lynch, or it could be him being new. Some of the things he does seems to feign activity, like those last set of questions. Those are pretty worthless. I also find it odd how he just said he would vote Iggy even though it was pretty much a tie between me and KevinM not to long ago.

17) Kirby King- Tries too hard to turn everything I say into something bad. Hard to say he might be scum without it sounding like an omgusvote

Also note that a lot of these I just had to type a general impression because I had to look at the "Who's Posted" thing to find their posts.

So I guess this time has come to ask this question: Should I name claim, role claim, or both?

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Neither. This is the sort of post I've been looking for. I'm satisfied for the moment. Unvote

By the way, the time when my suspicion was divided between you and KevinM was back before my fake daykill. That was quite a while ago.

However, does anyone else think I've been trying to hard (or as Handorin put it, "grasping at straws")?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I'm away for the majority of today but I'm

Unvote

And I have to say with what we've got so far especially since the only players with some pressure on them are real power players, I have to say.

Vote No Lynch

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
@MexicanBJ: I asked you a question in my last post. I would like an answer (and would like it if you didn't skim the last few long posts, as I suspect you did). It also looks like you're playing follow the leader with Nic, and I don't like that.

@Kevin: What made you change your mind about Handorin?

Unvote
Vote: Marshy

You're really just going to vote for Eor because you want to lynch someone and Eor's next in line?

Super gigantic FOS on all three of you for swinging the lynch so drastically in the course of two hours without explaining yourselves at all (and posting about an hour apart from each other).

Hey Tom, I forgot to mention before, thanks for pointing out the bandwagon accusations of other people bandwagoning before. It was really interesting and I didn't take too much notice of it at first.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Am I invisible? Why does no one think they have to explain their actions anymore?

Guys, we still have the rest of today and ALL of tomorrow for discussion. There's no reason to race toward a decision, especially without any explanation.

Macman, why is your vote on Eor? Be specific. Your answer should not be one line long.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
what do you mean by voting him because he's "next in line"
He's the next closest player to being lynched (in fact, he's now the closest player to being lynched). And no discussion has lead to this. I would like someone to explain themselves in a way other than just "I agree with so-and-so."

@Handorin: I actually agree with you 100%.

Mexican, seriously. Would you please explain why you are voting for Kiki? "Everything Tom said" isn't a good reason.

It's like this whole thread just fell off into a pit of vague reasoning after Nic's last post.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
You're really just going to vote for Eor because you want to lynch someone
yeah. i almost always want someone lynched. it's not like i just drew his name out of a hat if that's what you're implying

and Eor's next in line?
part of my reasoning. he needed maybe 4 votes after i voted him and i think he's suspicious anyway. with a day left i doubt a convincing case could be made for someone else that we'd be able to get 9 votes on them

as for why i find him suspicious it's mostly because of his reaction to kiki asking people about the daykill thing. calling it a massive derailment seems like an exaggeration and more importantly if you think it's pointless why not wait for it to actually be proven pointless before you call him out on it? seemed a bit eager to cast suspicion towards someone and we saw iggy (someone whose lynch i'd also be okay with toDay) give an interesting reaction, one that i think could be a big reason to justify his lynch day 1

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I cannot be helped to fully catch up and post my thoughts, but I did read what Kiki responded to me with and I see the legitimacy in what you said. A little note that I shouldn't have said "summary," and I knew I shouldn't have, but I was blanking on the correct word, I would have said "paraphrase." Post rubbed me the wrong way and got me on a real roll.

Circus, it was not a drastic change, even out of context. One unvoted, one changed a vote, and nobody put anyone past L/2 in a ruleset where if majority is never reached it goes to auto-no-lynch. In context, it is the end of the day and a lot of people do not like the idea of going into Night without lynching, especially on the day when it is arguably safest (no Lylo, Mylo troubles on Day 1 or I will hunt EE down myself).

Another question to posit: do you find Marshy scummier than Eor? Because going into end of day, your vote is your opinion.

Also, you are not being ignored, but a consensus must be reached or EE must extend deadline, which I've heard nothing about. If we are going to lynch someone (and I am comfortable with an Eor lynch atm), we should let the target know before we off him so that he can name claim, etc.

@Eor: yes, that means my vote is staying, and as far as I know, if you get uncomfortably close to a lynch, you can consider claiman.

@MexicanBJ: your vote is not a vine, Tarzan. Also, note that you're agreeing with me, but you're not even voting with me. What does that tell you?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I am pretty sure I put Eor past L/2.

Tom do you think Handorin should have claimed, seeing as how he had the same amount votes Eor down now only a few hours ago?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I am pretty sure I put Eor past L/2.

Tom do you think Handorin should have claimed, seeing as how he had the same amount votes Eor down now only a few hours ago?
dont be nitpicky and wrong at the same time, it doesn't suit you taranskeet.

I said "Circus, it was not a drastic change, even out of context. One unvoted, one changed a vote, and nobody put anyone past L/2 in a ruleset where if majority is never reached it goes to auto-no-lynch," in response to Circus's comment that they were at fault "for swinging the lynch so drastically in the course of two hours without explaining yourselves at all (and posting about an hour apart from each other)."

This was before your vote. So yes, congratulations that you can count to five and divide five by nine, but i was acting in response to Circus's statement about MexicanBJ, Marshy, and KevinM's actions, not what you did afterwards.

On the other point, I told Eor to claim if he feels so inclined / in danger of a lynch. I hold Handorin to the same standard. If he felt endangered, he could have claimed to try to get heat off of himself, but he didn't have to.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
=o

i must have read that wrong...

and circus, I am not ignoring you. I have my reasons for my vote.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Being cute so close to the deadline is not clever.

and @ Circus, I changed my vote because Hando is a great player and to lynch someone just because he ****** around to much on day one can put me in a serious position to lose the game, and should put you in as well if you have the interests of town in mind. If he persists, its a detriment but on day one there's plenty of other discussion being sparked.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
if ive told you once, ive told you a thousand times - i cant help how cute i am.

and macman, we still cool. brofist: macman
dont leave me hangin'

Handorin

Smash Hero
if ive told you once, ive told you a thousand times - i cant help how cute i am.

and macman, we still cool. brofist: macman
dont leave me hangin'
Can we lynch Tom for messing up his 'restriction'?
:lick:

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
edit by way of post:

EBWOP:

and macman, we still cool. brofist: macman dont leave me hangin'

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Can we lynch Tom for messing up his 'restriction'?
:lick:
Well I most definitely could no longer 'quick edit' like the countless number of other times i messed up the php tags and then quickly fixed it because you felt the completely ******** need to quote it, and then i would be making you look like some kind of liar. Did you really ****ing have to do that? it seemed like a good idea? did it even OCCUR TO YOU that if someone screws up a posting restriction they are punished and can have a certain number of strikes? I'm tempted to ask if you've ever modded a game with a post restriction but that would just make you look like a ****** with no reason to do what you just did.

DO YOU THINK ABOUT THINGS BEFORE YOU DO THEM? OR HAVE YOU JUST DECIDED TO KEEP UP THIS RIDICULOUS "HEY IM NOT TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY SO YOU GUYS CANT GET A GOOD READ ON ME OH **** WHY ARE YOU LYNCHING ME NOW GUISE THATS NOT KEWL Y SO SRS" BULL**** EVEN AFTER IT ALMOST GOT YOU LYNCHED?

YEAH I KNOW, TOM RAGE AND ALL THAT, BUT SERIOUSLY BRO. YOU'RE EITHER ******** OR I DONT KNOW WHAT. THANKS A MILLION FOR SAVING THAT IN POSTERITY FOR ME INSTEAD OF ALLOWING ME TO FIX IT IN THE ALLOTTED TIME.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I'm tempted to ask if you've ever modded a game with a post restriction but that would just make you look like a ****** with no reason to do what you just did.

Yes, and I mod killed him.

DO YOU THINK ABOUT THINGS BEFORE YOU DO THEM? OR HAVE YOU JUST DECIDED TO KEEP UP THIS RIDICULOUS "HEY IM NOT TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY SO YOU GUYS CANT GET A GOOD READ ON ME OH **** WHY ARE YOU LYNCHING ME NOW GUISE THATS NOT KEWL Y SO SRS" BULL**** EVEN AFTER IT ALMOST GOT YOU LYNCHED?

YEAH I KNOW, TOM RAGE AND ALL THAT, BUT SERIOUSLY BRO. YOU'RE EITHER ******** OR I DONT KNOW WHAT. THANKS A MILLION FOR SAVING THAT IN POSTERITY FOR ME INSTEAD OF ALLOWING ME TO FIX IT IN THE ALLOTTED TIME.
It was bound to happen from someone.

Also, I was not aware that we could edit in this game at all. It is not in in the first post, and I have only seen/remember one game here where it was allowed.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
are you aware that there is a period of time where you can edit and it doesnt show up? obviously, this window of opportunity is perfect because it allows you to quickly change a spelling mistake or a formatting error but you dont have enough time to notice and get rid of that freudian slip without it showing up as an edit

It was bound to happen by someone? Are you sure you understand me here? You ninjad me before I could do anything, so I had to EBWOP

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Also, the first post doesn't say how to vote, or doesn't say that you have to unvote before voting a new player, it doesn't say anything about what constitutes "cheating" besides "dont do it." All these things are now simply understood because Evil Eye did not bother / care enough to put them in the first post. So citing "first post doesn't say" doesn't matter. Common says "says."

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
All right. I've decided while waiting on my last table at work that I really don't like my reasoning for voting off Handorin yet.

So

unvote
Vote: No lynch

I brought the idea up, and i stand by it. We've had great discussion, but I don't like any of our lynch candidates enough to actaully lynch them.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Also, the first post doesn't say how to vote, or doesn't say that you have to unvote before voting a new player, it doesn't say anything about what constitutes "cheating" besides "dont do it." All these things are now simply understood because Evil Eye did not bother / care enough to put them in the first post. So citing "first post doesn't say" doesn't matter. Common says "says."
When did voting come into this?

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
No Good Spidey-Lovers:

Handorin (2): Sharpevil, Ignatius

Kirby King (2): Eor, MexicanBJ

Eor (5): Mediocre, Tom, Kirby King, Marshy, Macman

Can't We All Just Get Along? (2): KevinM, junglefever

Marshy (1): Nothing Rhymes With Circus

With 17, it takes 9 to lynch!

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
When did voting come into this?
are you ****ing SERIOUS

do you know what an EXAMPLE IS??? I was explaining how quick-editing can be UNDERSTOOD, just how unvoting before revoting can be UNDERSTOOD without LITERALLY being in the rules, because it was YOU who brought this argument to semantics like "oh i dont see that in the first post."

Also, when quoting my rant at you, why did you conspicuously omit the section EXPLAINING quick-editing?? You took that out and, now out of context, my rage looks like I was cheating by editing. But with the explanation of the quick-edit without timestamp, it is legitimate.

Why are you not acknowledging my other points? Why won't you explain WHY you did that instead of dismissing it as "oh well someone else would have" or just flat out being an idiot? SOMEONE ELSE WOULD HAVE? 1) WHY WOULD YOU MAKE *YOURSELF* THAT SOMEONE ELSE? DO YOU *NEED* ANOTHER SHOVEL DO DIG THAT HOLE YOU'RE IN??? 2) IF YOU HADNT QUOTED IT, I COULD HAVE QUICK-FIXED IT. ITS BEEN DONE BEFORE.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Also, when quoting my rant at you, why did you conspicuously omit the section EXPLAINING quick-editing?? You took that out and, now out of context, my rage looks like I was cheating by editing. But with the explanation of the quick-edit without timestamp, it is legitimate.
I quoted the stuff I responded too and left out the extra stuff.

Why are you not acknowledging my other points? Why won't you explain WHY you did that instead of dismissing it as "oh well someone else would have" or just flat out being an idiot? SOMEONE ELSE WOULD HAVE? 1) WHY WOULD YOU MAKE *YOURSELF* THAT SOMEONE ELSE? DO YOU *NEED* ANOTHER SHOVEL DO DIG THAT HOLE YOU'RE IN??? 2) IF YOU HADNT QUOTED IT, I COULD HAVE QUICK-FIXED IT. ITS BEEN DONE BEFORE.
Because it was a joke. I even put the little smiley there. I wasn't pushing for your lynch in the slightest, and I didn't even vote you.

And assuming you do have strikes, I don't know why you would be so worked up about it and I'm surprised from the received reaction.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I quoted the stuff I responded too and left out the extra stuff.

Because it was a joke. I even put the little smiley there. I wasn't pushing for your lynch in the slightest, and I didn't even vote you.

And assuming you do have strikes, I don't know why you would be so worked up about it and I'm surprised from the received reaction.
I seriously just read this post of yours and uncontrollably shouted at my monitor, "ARE YOU DENSE?"

You quoted the stuff you responded to. That's fine, that's even OBVIOUS. My point is: why didn't you RESPOND to the quick-edit. You haven't even acknowledged it ONCE in this spat, almost as if you REFUSE TO ADMIT YOU DID SOMETHING POTENTIALLY HARMFUL TO ANOTHER PLAYER FOR NO REASON.

"It was a joke," WHAT IS ****ING NEW. I DONT CARE IF YOU QUOTED IT AND THEN RESPONDED WITH YOUR UNDYING LOVE FOR CHIMICHANGAS AND BEA ARTHUR. YOU STILL QUICKLY QUOTED IT.

"Assuming you do have strikes, I don't know why you would be so worked up about it," IF A CAT HAS NINE LIVES, AND YOU DECIDE TO KILL HIM ONCE, YOU THINK HE'S JUST GOING TO SHRUG IT OFF? FAIL LOGIC IS HORRIBLY HANDORINLY FAIL.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Step 1: Tell a joke*
Step 2: Get major flak, become center of attention, endangering yourself
Step 3: Don't learn your lesson
Step 4: Repeat Step 1

*joke: something particularly unfunny, devoid of all merit or wit, after the joke vote phase is over

Handorin

Smash Hero
To put it simple, I did not know that if you edited your post soon after you clicked submit that it wouldn't appear. I'm sorry I don't know all the little quirks here at SWF. I quoted, made a joke, done.

MexicanBJ

Smash Journeyman
yea ok seriously, just stfu and chill out (although this will prolly just make you madder but w/e). a mistake's a mistake, it's over.

no explain my vote on kk, i thought tom's analysis of kk's accusations of hondo made sense and how he was simply trying to spin all of hando's posts in a negative light, which were actually usually very rational

which i thought was scummy

qed

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
You didn't prove anything...

QED wouldn't be applicable in that situation as you didn't make any logical proof.

Also really scummy move by Macman, you may have your reasons, but we'd like to hear them especially this close to the deadline.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
To put it simple, I did not know that if you edited your post soon after you clicked submit that it wouldn't appear. I'm sorry I don't know all the little quirks here at SWF. I quoted, made a joke, done.
Was it that hard to simply admit instead of dancing around the situation? You either didn't read the part of my post on quick-editing or you just ignored it, and most certainly didn't gain any favor with that dumb "when did voting come into this" crap.

yea ok seriously, just stfu and chill out (although this will prolly just make you madder but w/e). a mistake's a mistake, it's over.
If it isn't evident (though I'm fairly sure it is), I'm angry with Handorin not only because of what he did but his refusal (until now) to recognize that he made a mistake. So I'm not angrier with you, though your logic on this next part is a bit questionable:

no explain my vote on kk, i thought tom's analysis of kk's accusations of hondo made sense and how he was simply trying to spin all of hando's posts in a negative light, which were actually usually very rational
Tagging your opinion onto someone else's statements if legitimate, but it is almost necessary to make your own opinions, even if they are regurgitation of someone else's statements, known when you vote. That way people can recognize what you agree on and what you disagree on and aren't simply saying "yeah!" and voting. This is compounded by the fact that I didn't even vote Kiki, I kept my vote on Eor I even recognize the legitimacy in his response to what I said, but you apparently don't because you haven't remarked on it. Also, for clarity, I said that I thought Kirby King was skewing Handorin negatively using a single of his posts that was rational, not that he was spinning "all of hando's psots" negatively. To say that Handorin's posts are "usually very rational" would sadly be mistaken.

If today ends in a No Lynch, I guess I'm content. I'm also now content with either of the lynch candidates in front of me, which I see as Handorin or Eor.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
so guys...today's the last day.

Have we made a decision on who to lynch or we officially gonna take the gay route and go for a 'no lynch?'

I only ask cause, you know, I hate for Mafia to take the first shot.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I'm afraid no-lynch looks pretty likely at this point. There just isn't a very good option. I don't feel that Eor is scummy enough to merit a vote, and lynching Handorin probably wouldn't get us anywhere.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I'm afraid no-lynch looks pretty likely at this point. There just isn't a very good option. I don't feel that Eor is scummy enough to merit a vote, and lynching Handorin probably wouldn't get us anywhere.
Then let's choose someone else.

seriously, it isn't good for town to let Mafia have the first shot at us. I'm not trying to sound like I don't care about Town's wellbeing and whatnot, but a no-lynch on the first day? Eff that >=(

There just has to be at least someone worthy to lynch. Maybe not Hando or Eor, but there has to be someone at least...

Top Bottom