• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spider-Manfia: (Game Over! Roles Posted)

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Why does there HAVE to be someone? What if we lynch, and miss? Then we are down 2 townies, maybe three if tehre is an SK.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Why does there HAVE to be someone? What if we lynch, and miss? Then we are down 2 townies, maybe three if tehre is an SK.
It doesn't always have to be somone on Day 2+. It's just stupid IMO that we let Mafia hit us on the first day. Yeah, we may mislynch, but it'll give us more information.

now let's think about this for a second. There's been the slip with tom, the fake daykill by nicolas, Eor being evasive somewhat, Hando's weird play, Iggy's disregard for Nic regardless if he's townie or not,Kevin picking on Mexican (somewhat), Macman's post, the bandwagon...the list goes on. We had ourselves a tremendous amount of discussion

are you all ****ing saying we can't even find a **** person to lynch on DAY ONE -DESPITE- all that's been talking about? Hell, lynch me if you have to >>

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Yes. That is EXACTLY what I'm saying. Just because we've had great discussion doesn't mean we have nearly a decent lynch candidate.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Then let's choose someone else.

seriously, it isn't good for town to let Mafia have the first shot at us. I'm not trying to sound like I don't care about Town's wellbeing and whatnot, but a no-lynch on the first day? Eff that >=(

There just has to be at least someone worthy to lynch. Maybe not Hando or Eor, but there has to be someone at least...
TLI mafia had a nl happen d1. >____>

Also, the last few posts have been past the deadline. We are just waiting on EE to post results.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
we're not going to have a better time to afford a mislynch than now and the top candidates are both suspicious

eor needs 4 more votes and hando needs 7. i think both of their lynches are justified. doubt someone'll make a convincing enough case for someone else that 8 other players will vote them by the end of the day. not to say that people should stop voicing their suspicions on others

Handorin

Smash Hero
Just to clarify, when I asked EE when the deadline was, he said noon central today. It's 2:19.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
TLI mafia had a nl happen d1. >____>

Also, the last few posts have been past the deadline. We are just waiting on EE to post results.
That was because we had a vote canidate, but several failed to either vote or we assumed that the day would go by with the highest vote. *shrugs*

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
eek, I was assuming the deadline would be when today ended. That's pretty whack, it looks like we have a NL.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Yes. That is EXACTLY what I'm saying. Just because we've had great discussion doesn't mean we have nearly a decent lynch candidate.
If we don't lynch, we're just gonna talk about the same discussion with possible little info. If we lynch, we may get more information out of it. I understand if a no-lynch was on Day 2 or 3, but not on day 1.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
If we don't lynch, we're just gonna talk about the same discussion with possible little info. If we lynch, we may get more information out of it. I understand if a no-lynch was on Day 2 or 3, but not on day 1.
I don't understand that at all. On D2 and D3, we have more information to make an informed lynch decision. I know you don't want the mafia to "take the first shot" but they're going to kill every night regardless of whether or not we NL. If we NL on D1 (which I guess we did), D2, or D3, it's all the same. We lose a lynch. The difference is, on D1, we have the least amount of information. If there's any Day that makes sense for a NL, it's D1.

@Tom: I suppose I may have overreacted, in retrospect. The vote swing just looked funny to me because it happened so fast with no one even saying anything. Handorin was 2 votes ahead of Eor and then, for no discerible reason, Eor became 2 votes ahead of Handorin. Obviously that still didn't put Eor in serious lynch danger, but it happened really quickly with no one other than Nic really explaining himself. Of course, after the fact, I realized Kevin's vote wasn't even on Handorin before.

Unvote (if I still can?) because Marshy gave me what I wanted. Not that it matters anyway.

@Macman: I guess there's no use getting into it now if the deadline's already passed, but on D2, I'll probably hound you to explain your vote.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I don't understand that at all. On D2 and D3, we have more information to make an informed lynch decision. I know you don't want the mafia to "take the first shot" but they're going to kill every night regardless of whether or not we NL. If we NL on D1 (which I guess we did), D2, or D3, it's all the same. We lose a lynch. The difference is, on D1, we have the least amount of information. If there's any Day that makes sense for a NL, it's D1.
a no lynch on day 2 or 3 would be the same reason it's been said by several: not able to find an acceptable lynchee. It could also be the fact to see how said person may react upon the next following day. Least, that's the mindset I got for a no-lynch

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
No Good Spidey-Lovers:

Handorin (2): Sharpevil, Ignatius

Kirby King (2): Eor, MexicanBJ

Eor (5): Mediocre, Tom, Kirby King, Marshy, Macman

Can't We All Just Get Along? (2): KevinM, junglefever

Marshy (1): Nothing Rhymes With Circus

After a lengthy tabled discussion, some seemed ready to kill. Some did not. Some flipped between the two. Ultimately, those who wished to avoid bloodshed had their wish.

One man stood from the conference table.

"It's been a long, long day," he mutters. "Let's get some sleep and think this over in the morning."

Everyone murmurs in agreement and heads off to their respective rooms.

A deadline for night actions has been set for Jun 24th at 11:00pm CST

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
When the Sinister Seventeen reconvenes, one man can't help but utter the obvious.

"Holy **** on a stick -- LOTS OF DEAD BODIES!"

Indeed, it was quite clear that the traitorous types had been afoot.

In one room, the body of The Burglar (mentosman8; SS-alligned mason leader) is found slumped against a heavily damaged wall. His wrist broken, nose broken, and chest deeply impaled. Shell casings are scattered all over the floor, and his switchblade lies on the floor covered in goo and blood.

In another room, the charred remains of Bullseye (tmw_redcell; mole-alligned hitman) and Crown (Tom; SS-alligned bomb) are found. Several objects around the room are broken apart, and Bullseye's shuriken are found embedded in the wall. All that remains of the two are tattered pieces of clothing and an unusual opaque black smoke. In the middle of the chaotic scene rests a single knife, covered in the dark matter and oozing the majority of the black smoke.

Lastly, the body of Carnage (junglefever; independent serial killer) is found in the hallway, neck broken and chest pierced in several dozen places. His body has been moved.

The Sinister Seventeen slips into the conference room with no small amount of trepidation, beads of sweat at the brow being the only dress code.

"It's pretty clear now," offers one. "We need to push an agenda. Now."

Day 2 begins! A deadline has been set for friday, july 10th, at 5pm CST!

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
4 deaths... well it was pretty good for us, considering Tom was able to carry out his duty and we have rid ourselves of not one but 2 anti town players.

So it looks like mafia targeted Tom, and mentosman seems to have been killed by Junglefever. Which leads me to wonder who killed the SK? My first thought is to think maybe a vig had done it, but it is generally not considered to be a smart play to shoot N1.

What do people think about name/roleclaim now?

Do you feel as though we should have lynched someone yesterday?

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Well, I'd be more inclined to believe that it was a vigilante, simply because three anti-town killing roles would be overkill(no pun intended). I think that its too early for a nameclaim/roleclaim.

As for the no-lynch yesterday... well, it was regrettable, but I didn't see a viable target.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Silence, stop having bad ideas.
I think it was a vig shooting JF and a mismason for mentos.
Need-less to say, we need to do better today
Three deaths I hope is not possible later
Vote: Handorin
Unvote: Handorin

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
The best non-vig explanation I can come up with is: redcell killed Tom, thus killing redcell; junglefever also tried to kill Tom and thus died too (and his body was moved for some reason I'm not sure of); and mentos tried to mason with mafia? @Handorin, SK/vig/mafia kills are usually simultaneous, so unless JF got blocked we'd see his kill.

Re: claiming, I still don't see how that will put the town at an advantage. My best guess is name claiming (still) won't be terribly insightful if everyone who claims is a bad guy, and we'll (I'll) have to leave it up to other people to evaluate the solidness of anyone's claims. And if a role claim didn't make sense yesterday I'm not sure why it would make any more sense today. So I'm going to stick with what I said yesterday: if your game is broken by a claim D2 you didn't set it up very well. (And I expect EE of all people would know that now.) But by all means feel free to convince me otherwise.

And yeah we should have lynched someone yesterday, because unsurprisingly both of the people who had any significant number of votes towards the end of D1 are still alive. Even if we had lynched Handorin we would have eliminated another option for us to worry about D2. For now, though:

@Rockin: were you really not paying attention to deadlines at all? You certainly weren't alone in that, but you were the only one to offer yourself as a lynch... a couple hours after the deadline had passed. I don't suppose that offer still stands?

@Sharpevil, Ignatius: guess who has as many posts as redcell did, you do, you do! Can you promise to post a little lot more today?

@Macman: you want to, um, explain that vote from yesterday? That two people have asked you about already?

@Everyone: do you want to try an early deadline like was proposed (but not really implemented) D1? What do you think of requiring that whichever player/no lynch has the most votes (even if not a majority) be lynched, by making everyone vote for that person before the deadline?

@Eor: you going to play today?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I doubt if JF died because he hit the bomb too that his body would be moved. It doesn't really make sense.

I voted because Eor was my vote for the day. I noticed that in the only other game I have played with him, Nowhere Man, that he talked/posted way more than he has been now. And he was town in the game. Also the fruedian slip thing was bothering me because of the way he double posted again to say just kidding. It's not the 'just kidding part' that bothered me, but the way he tried to divert attention away from what appeared to be his slip by adding a tidbit of information that actually pertained to the game and discussion. I forgot what it was he said though, but that had bothered me.

I voted for no reason given because I wanted to gauge reactions specifically from him. I wanted to give him a reason to post [to call me out on my lack of reasoning]. So that I/other could ask him direct questions that he couldn't avoid/ignore. Though at that time, I was under the impression that we would have another full day left.

And because I was bored.

anyways kiki, Why do you think that Mafia decided to kill Tom last night?

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Yeah, I dunno why JF's body was moved, and unless someone has more insight on that I'm probably not going to figure it out. But if his body was moved it suggests it was moved from somewhere. So.

Mafia probably killed Tom for the same reason mafia ever kills Tom: he's a good player and he keeps the game moving. It's also possible that there's more to it than that--i.e. Tom was suspicious of one or more of them--but in the games I've played here it's been more common that mafia NKs have been meant to provide no useful information, or incriminate someone else. (Dunno if that tends to be the case in DG games too, or if it's more of a BRoom thing.) So I'm hesitant to read into it any more than that.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Also, if JF died from the bomb, he would be in 'charred remains' as well. And it wouldn't make sense for EE to point out the stab wound and broken neck.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
4 deaths... well it was pretty good for us, considering Tom was able to carry out his duty and we have rid ourselves of not one but 2 anti town players.

So it looks like mafia targeted Tom, and mentosman seems to have been killed by Junglefever.
i thought tom was mafia. why would mafia try to kill one of their own? less i'm misreading something

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
oh wait. sinister 17 are the good guys. i always thought red = mafia. oops

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
You are misreading it. The names in red are the loyal members of the sinister seventeen, while the name in blue is one of those no good spidey lovers.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Vote: Sharpevil

Redcell's flip just further solidified my suspicion of quiet players. That means you. But I have good news—you're going to get to be really active toDay!

What do you make of the activities last Night? Any hypotheses on how the deaths wound up the way they did? What do you think of Eor, Handorin and Kirby King right now?

@Kirby King: It might be a good idea to try the early deadline thing again. But I don't know that it would be smart to try and get everyone to vote for the top lynch candidate. In that scenario, if the lynchee were to flip town then the mafia has an excuse for their vote ("Hey, it was the day before the deadline; I had to vote for him. You even said so!"). And if the lynchee flips mafia, then we can't use motives to very effectively figure out who might have been mafia since they would just be forced to bus or wait for everyone else to vote for their scumbuddy.

Not to mention we can't actually force anyone to vote for someone if they don't want to.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
No I think he means TOWN, hubby.

Please remember not to talk to me about anything about the game, because I want to serve as an emergency replacement if no other clean replacements can be found!

Evil Eye's nightkill flavor was so amazing, I begged and pleaded that he allow me to quote it in my bah post and he obliged to make an exception and allow me to post it because he is the best moderator ever! GO TOWN!

Evil Eye's Nightkill Boom Boom PM said:
You sit at the conference table a while, smirking. You know you dominated the discussions today. Hopefully the traitorous bastards would fall into your trap. Only time will tell. Content with your performance for the time being, you rise, walk to your personal quarters, pass the retinal scan, and go inside. You relax, and read a very good comic for a while. It's called "X-Men". You're pretty sure it will catch on one of these days.

Suddenly, BULLSEYE LEAPS INTO YOUR ROOM FROM OUT OF NOWHERE. You turn to him.

"COME TO KILL ME?" you roar. "WELL COME ON THEN!"

Bullseye obliges with a nod, snapping a lamp off of the table and breaking it over his knee before hurling it at you like a javelin. You bend your mass to wave around it, and end up right in the path of Bullseye's incredibly badass running frontflip spin kick, which launches you back into the wall.

"RAAAAARRGH!!!" Your right arm grows and punches Bullseye right in the face, sending him tumbling across the room. You watch him intently; he unsnaps several shuriken from his belt buckle and toss them all simultaneously. They dig into your hands and chest and pin you to the wall... until you forges holes in yourself to pass through them and launches yourself at him. You trade blows for a while, until Bullseye manages to get his hand on a brass table leg and knock you to the ground. As you're recovering, he gives you another good kick in the jaw before tossing the knife straight into your head.

An unusual blackness starts to seep around your eyes, nose and mouth, as you feel an almost instant fiery coldness burdgeoning within your body.

"RAAARRRRGGHHGHGH!!!!"

Bullseye grins. "You're good, baby, but me -- I'm magic!"

But he's not grinning as the blackness starts to seep from every pore. You can read the expression on his face -- What in the hell? Why is it so cold all of a sudden?

"RAAAAAAAAARRRHGHGHGHGHHGHGHGHGHGHHG!!!!!!!!"

You lunge forward, body about as consistent as molasses, and wrap yourself around him before he can struggle. And suddenly you feel your body simultaneously freezing and erupting from every blood vessel, speeding up and slowing down, dying and living forever. The blackness eats away at the both of you, until it completely consumes the two of you for all eternity and blinks away.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Vote: Sharpevil

Redcell's flip just further solidified my suspicion of quiet players. That means you. But I have good news—you're going to get to be really active toDay!

What do you make of the activities last Night? Any hypotheses on how the deaths wound up the way they did? What do you think of Eor, Handorin and Kirby King right now?

@Kirby King: It might be a good idea to try the early deadline thing again. But I don't know that it would be smart to try and get everyone to vote for the top lynch candidate. In that scenario, if the lynchee were to flip town then the mafia has an excuse for their vote ("Hey, it was the day before the deadline; I had to vote for him. You even said so!"). And if the lynchee flips mafia, then we can't use motives to very effectively figure out who might have been mafia since they would just be forced to bus or wait for everyone else to vote for their scumbuddy.

Not to mention we can't actually force anyone to vote for someone if they don't want to.
Is there any reason that you focused on Sharpevil and not Ignatius? Or was it just an arbitrary choice?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Is there any reason that you focused on Sharpevil and not Ignatius? Or was it just an arbitrary choice?
It it not arbitrary, though Ignatius is also on my radar for similar reasons. I've found Sharpevil to be particularly difficult to get a read on. I've played and followed mafia games with Iggy in them before and generally have a better feel for him as a player (doesn't make him town). Iggy also had to replace into the game, so I give his post count more leniency than I do Sharpevil's. Though I do have other reasons for looking at Iggy that I'm sure many others also have.

I'm choosing to focus on Sharpevil first and will very likely move on to other players as the Day goes on (unless Sharpevil does something that makes me want him dead).

But while I'm talking to you, Nic, your vote wasn't on anyone before the deadline. Do you regret that at all? In hindsight, do you think we should have made a concerted effort to lynch someone and, if so, do you think it should have been Eor?

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Well, I really dislike no-lynch, but as I said before, I just didn't see a viable target. As for making a concerted effort to lynch someone, I think that if you think you've found a scum, then go for it. However... I don't think it should have been Eor. I haven't seen him as scummy just yet. (However, he has been inactive... I'd like to hear his input on the situation.)

MexicanBJ

Smash Journeyman
really sorry guys, im currently on vacation in alaska, and will be going on a cruise tomorrow for about a week, can't post until after!!!

Sharpevil

Smash Rookie
I'm sorry I haven't been posting, but my low post count isn't me trying to skate by unnoticed. The only games I've played before this were much faster than this one, so I've mostly been trying to learn scumtells. As it is, I've only been posting when I've had content to share. I don't want to clog up the thread with fluff.

As it is, I don't have any suspicions right now. Handorin struck me as independent more than mafia, so while not entirely cleared in my mind, I don't think he deserves my vote. I do want to do one of those pressure votes, however.

Unvote Handorin (If the votes carry over)
Vote: Eor

You alive there, buddy? Say something.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Does Eor usually lurk this much?

As for other stuff... I think its time to bring Ignatius into the spotlight. He's posted the least (or close to the least) of everyone in this game, and as for the posts he has made, they were mostly regarding Kirby king's hypothetical question (the one about would you vote for me had my daykill been real), and my response to that. In addition to that, the answer he gave to Kirby King's question, was definitely not the best course of action. It might not be the most to go on, but for now I'm going to Vote Ignatius

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I think with Eor's extreme lurking and extremely scummy behavior he's an easy lynch candidate in my mind.

Vote: Eor

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
@Rockin, Iggy, Eor: can you answer the questions I asked you?

@all but Circus: thoughts on the questions I posed @everyone before?

@Kevin: interested in looking into anyone else today, or are you just going to be deadset on lynching Eor? Seems a bit early to be putting a lynch vote down on anyone.

Top Bottom