• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
Match A pairing between two people in the bracket. The two people play each other until a winner is determined. For example, the final Match in in the tournament determines who gets 1st and who gets 2nd. A Match is 2 out of 3 games.

Game A Game is just what you think it is... a single game between 2 players. For example, a game in Super Turbo is over when someone wins 2 out of 3 rounds. A game of Capcom vs SNK 2 is over when one player loses his last character. Make sure you understand the difference between a Match and a Game.

lol...evo rules. =]

oh yeah and it's in smash rules...so iono lol. i'm used to it being called games.

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
well, as far as the actually match go, i do want a more solid rule set rather than just "3 matches".

i know its not in your nature Don, but i dont want the 3 matches to turn into you counter picking me 3 times X.x

3 matches is fine, but shall we run it as a 3 out of 5 set, tourney rules?

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice
yea. it doesn't look so good for us, cause PTZR seems like hes lying.
but if he doesnt take rhan to the tourney, hes outta the crew. so either way, its a burden off our chest.
Hahah that sucks!
Youre really gonna kick him out?
Well you know I drive?

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
my badz Mashi :(
I realized I was wrong earlier this morning >_>

hah, Otis: doesn't that defeat the purpose of the gimmick in Don's challenge? Also: he can't counterpick you. If he loses once you get $20.

*stops speaking for others*

S-man:..............please only text me stuff that matters >_> I don't have an unlimited plan :(

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
my badz Mashi :(
I realized I was wrong earlier this morning >_>

hah, Otis: doesn't that defeat the purpose of the gimmick in Don's challenge? Also: he can't counterpick you. If he loses once you get $20.

*stops speaking for others*

S-man:..............please only text me stuff that matters >_> I don't have an unlimited plan :(

what i mean is are we gonna do like, double blind? or is he gonna stay DK.

D0N

Smash Ace
Toasty: Most of what you said was right. I wanted 3 matches, not 3 sets. And I cant counterpick because m not supposed to lose.

Kadaj: NO!

O-NO - I see your point of a rule set. I didnt want to have three counter pick stages against me so i did have some kind of rules in mind.

The matches are 3 stock with the usual sova time limit (7:00 or 8:00 i forgot)

The stages are your pick between Smashville, Battlefield, and FD.

As far as characters go ill stay DK UNLESS you pick D3, in which case I can either (one or the other) change characters (either ICs, Falco, or Zelda) or pick from the full list of Sova stages. For every other charcter you pick i must stay DK.

Ussual Sova Bans apply.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
i think i remember which one. it was posted awhile back. coming up. =P. well if some people go i will too. it's brawl/melee.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Yeah. it doesn't look so good for us, cause Pitzer trying to go but mhis mom is being a you know what.
OMG HAXORZ
Great! Im glad to be out of that dumb crew, made me pissed off anyways ;P. So dont expect me to talk to you ever again! :D Makes my life way easier

LOL LMFAO ROFL Tatter tots !!!!!!!1!1!!!!!one! And Merry Christmas.... :O :p

Titan44

Smash Apprentice
.....I never really know what's going on in this thread, but maybe it's for the best.

So when will people be playing again next? I won't be able to do anything Friday since I have duty, but I'll be free Sat and Sun. Wed and Thur might also work, as long as it's after 5PM. No more SSB2: Tournament Edition though, plz :urg:

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
titan: this saturday, 6th, 4-11pm at ODU can you come? brawl fest officially but if O-NO comes prolly other games too. there'll be at least one melee setup there (always is)

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
I cant make it Saturday. i work until 1030 pm. and after that im driving to Richmond ^.^

Oh yea, i also forgot to say this a second ago....stop turning this thread into a ****ing "High School Musical" thread. really, no one here cares if you no long want to be associated wit ha crew, or if you think some ones moms is a @#$%#@.

we just wanna play smash, and talk about that.

if however you guys where joking....STILL stop. make a social HS BS thread for that garbage.

toasty

Smash Hero
I couldn't find a good way of wording it because I was beyond aroused after watching that...

too excited to say "got 5th at Chu's, where THIS happened"...

ehhh I gotta get home manz :( sorry! I want to...I also don't have my controller on me right now...gahhhh **** youuuuzzzz maybe I'll come through after all >_>

rhan

Smash Hero
aw PTZR! jking.
Hi people.
im a noob at smash!!!
This is what you call spam. Really Dn4 not to be mean but stop posting dumb stuff. -.-

Edit:

Hahah that sucks!
Youre really gonna kick him out?
Well you know I drive?
Malco you wanna be super awesome and take me and S-Man?!

jk I know you probably don't wanna drive a couple of kids around. :p

Great! Im glad to be out of that dumb crew, made me pissed off anyways ;P. So dont expect me to talk to you ever again! :D Makes my life way easier
*Sigh* Nothings going down YET.

Plus what ever happened to being nice to your mom? I know how you talk to your moms sometimes and it wouldn't kill you to fake being nice. <.<

*amazing crew
I agree.

toasty

Smash Hero
<3 toasty
awww in that case, yeah I'll be over around 7? maybe a lil after...
~.~;

Tope, i need some back up....>_>
Cereal Bidness.
Also, Toasty, come play Brawl at my place tomorrow.
sorriez...work and then final exam review >_< miss you homie
This is what you call spam. Really Dn4 not to be mean but stop posting dumb stuff. -.-
Please.

Listen to your friends.

They're trying to help you.

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
oh man. that inui vid. soooo much hammer **** (GTFO MY STAGE)

edit: reposting for titan and whoever needs it
Dec.6 Brawl fest at ODU!!!!
Where:
Virginia House on ODU campus:
4603 Elkhorn Avenue, Norfolk
[you'll see a group of massive dorm buildings next to Elkhorn between 43rd and 49th St. The building in the back left is Virginia House]
As Caboose said, you have to have someone open the doors from the inside and the windows for the common room [where this fest will be] are to the right of the dorm entrance, so just knock on the windows or call me so we can open the doors for you.

Parking:
1) On 49th St. and Blue Stone the gate at Webb Center will probably be open. You may see cars there already, but it doesn't look like a parking lot at all...so if it's empty and you think "nah that can't be it"...it probably is]
2) the garage on the corner of 43rd and Elkhorn. Park on the 2nd floor. If you're bringing setups, pull up next to where the dorms are on Elkhorn, give us a call, and we'll come get the setups, and then you can park. that way you won't have to lug a TV + other crap from the garage :)

When: whateverdateitisimtootiredtochangeit. All post-midnight festivities can be moved up to Caboose's room or anywhere that ends up working out afterward. We've got options though, so don't worry =D [we may even be able to go to....MY HOUSE?!?!?!..............................................maybe not >_>] thisneverhappensever

FEES:
NONE. IT'S A FEST. WHICH MEANS: NOT A TOURNAMENT.

BRING MELEE SETUPS, PLEASE. TVS. WIIS. GAMECUBES. MELEE. MEMORY CARDS. oh and maybe some brawl setups toowe'll provide wiimotes if you forget controllers .....Seriously people, it's been a while now >_>

I will not be recording. I WILL, however, bring my recording EQUIPMENT. I'll have the cables and the software for anyone who wants to record onto THEIR laptop. So bring your laptops and harddrives or whatever you need. But don't expect me to handle the recording/posting of vids for this fest.

We have plenty of chairs/tables...a LOT actually, so that won't be an issue.

PM toasty for my number (grames). 757-683-1796 for caboose's dorm landline

Top Bottom