• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
brown power knows no bounds

frills though, how are you going about doing this o_O

also: just watched tropic thunder again with a friend. still ****

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
I really hope the scene here explodes with the coming semester. New and returning kids from CNU and ODU will be a fantastic addition, I project.
Sometime during the first 2-3 weeks of class, we will advertise and host a large tourney at CNU. This should help us recognize and meet the prospective new talents :D

50\/4 f0r |1f3

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
Otis is looking to go to C3.

He's also planning on going to EVERY C3 from now on.

If people didn't see this:
BlackheartLee is back in the gaaamee sonnnnn

apparently he's been following the metagame consistently and has the Japanese Brawl threads in his back pocket [figuratively].

Serpent: someone at Jubilee had the zero-tripping mod but I forgot to ask how much time it took etc >_> but apparently: it worked. =D

@Caboose: <3<3<3!!! Can't wait til you're back...miss your Korean Teddy Bear Rapist self ^_^ I'm probably seeing Tropic Thunder again Saturday night haha...can't wait. By the way Caboose: got any tips? got any tips? hahahahaha I can't even go into more detail about ANYTHING until all of SoVa has seen this movie. For real.

@ SoVa: Chudat is ****ing inspiring. I'm adding Kirby to my list of "need to learn". For real the Grand Finals for Brawl were actually exciting.

@Kadaj: gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm still mad :( :( :( That's really unfortunate that you couldn't go. Everyone was asking about you too >_> It's cool though cuz we're gonna effin TAKE that GnT tourney....gonna be tooooo goodz. *looks at Mashi/Jwolf*

@Slash: haha.

Back to Caboose:
Sherri used to work at OSAL where they handle all the events for students and she told me how the system works. Once the semester starts, I'm gonna talk my charming lil brown *** off in their office ^_^ I'm glad you recognize the Brown Magic

Also:

I'veJihadIt = one of the coolest ****ing people ever.
[it's also fair to say that you can replace I'veJihadIt's name with just about any of the main NC boys and you'd still be spot on:)]

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
YO ANYONE WITH GOOD QUALITY RECORDING EQUIPMENT CALL ME IMMEDIATLY!!!!! I HAVE VIDS THAT MUST BE POSTED AT ONCE!!! IF ANYONE CAN RECORD THESE VIDS CALL ME AT ONCE!!!

Yea toasty we got it in the bag!
(GnT)

But for the record I thought you meant teaming with you at c3 lol :laugh:

Kukulza

Smash Apprentice
Toasty i miss the smash scene, teach me how to play/enjoy brawl! I recently found out my strategy consisted of just spamming uptilt with squirtle, rock smash with charizard and getting edge hogged with ivysaur.

toasty

Smash Hero
@Juan: gahhh I miss youuuu...and yeah dude we'll have fun playing Brawl, no worries :) just...try other characters/strats than what you mentioned because...well...it makes me sad to read that :(

@Slash: nvmd.

On friday I have to work in Newport News...no telling how long it'll take me to get back over here. Slash/Gum, are you guys working at ODU on friday? If so, and if you plan to go to O-NO's that night, do you think you can give Caboose a ride? PM him your numbers or something :) I can give him a ride back to ODU

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
lol yes. PM me your numbers. cz i can totally contact you...:p

i MAY yet have a functional computer upon going back though. I reinstalled windows and just gotta activate it/download all necessary drivers off of ResNET

lawls at juan. hopefully you can get into the swing of things, though PT is almost completely untouched. play CF instead with me :D

HERE'S MY MOTHERFUKKIN FARM. <3 toasty

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
to toasty. you could just do like 15-30 people $10singles $10teams. 40+ $5singles $10teams. just so payout could be better for the singles person. or something along those lines.

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
lol yes. PM me your numbers. cz i can totally contact you...:p

i MAY yet have a functional computer upon going back though. I reinstalled windows and just gotta activate it/download all necessary drivers off of ResNET

lawls at juan. hopefully you can get into the swing of things, though PT is almost completely untouched. play CF instead with me :D

HERE'S MY MOTHERFUKKIN FARM. <3 toasty
Boose just Wario-waddle your way over to Games N Trade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=168741

go......

@ toasty.....well @ everyone really...

1) C3, i DONT plan to hit EVERY C3. but i did realize that as long as i have this job, hitting up C3 is not a problem for me. i do plan to go to MANY more C3 events in the next few months and into next year. 1st one im going to for sure in sept.

2) Next 2 Fridays at my place. 5$ venue, 5$Brawl singles, 10$ (per team)brawl teams. id also like to host some kind of additional fighting game tourney. im thinking, crew battle style or 2v2. mvc2, 3rd strike or, even sc4.

3) I think that as a whole, SoVA need to get a "buy in, to person ration" going for tourneys. events i host at my place usually result in 10-15+ people. depending on how many people i try to get. ill normally drop a 5$ venue and 5$ enterys on these things. its fun "casual/competitive" play so i keep the prices low. i think that something like a bi/tri-weekely NEEDS to have a venue of 5$+ (depending on the venue) and 10$ entry for COMPETITIVE PLAY (note its no longer casual) anything major like a monthly or just big event in general usually has entry fees of 15$ or more. SoVA just needs to get used to it. if your gonna do some kind of casual thing at a game store venue every week, id say 5$ is fine. bi weekelys NEED TO BE 10$. appeal to the scene, let new players join in on casual stuff until they feel like they can hold there own. but dont drag the scene down by holding the hands of kids that need to learn how to walk before they try to run with the rest of the pack.

4) that being said, i think that the major tournament holders in sova should have some kind of meet. im hosting at my place the next 2 fridays. i think we should do that on the 29th. people im looking to see....Toasty, slash, khalil, C-stick, Whodat, Dragon charlz, Schoolie D.

Also, if anyone is going to the GnT tourney the following saturday (the 30th) your more than welcome to say over my place that night. so if any of Team Richmond wanna come down Friday, thats cool.

HOLLA!

D0N

Smash Ace
I wanna try marvel, if not a tourney then a money match with someone it just depends who. And im pretty sure ill be there friday. My school messed up housing so i have to go home to pick up half my stuff.

Kadaj: You couldnt go? Dam I was looking forward to hearing how you did over there. oh well

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=168741

go......

@ toasty.....well @ everyone really...

1) C3, i DONT plan to hit EVERY C3. but i did realize that as long as i have this job, hitting up C3 is not a problem for me. i do plan to go to MANY more C3 events in the next few months and into next year. 1st one im going to for sure in sept.

2) Next 2 Fridays at my place. 5$ venue, 5$Brawl singles, 10$ (per team)brawl teams. id also like to host some kind of additional fighting game tourney. im thinking, crew battle style or 2v2. mvc2, 3rd strike or, even sc4.

3) I think that as a whole, SoVA need to get a "buy in, to person ration" going for tourneys. events i host at my place usually result in 10-15+ people. depending on how many people i try to get. ill normally drop a 5$ venue and 5$ enterys on these things. its fun "casual/competitive" play so i keep the prices low. i think that something like a bi/tri-weekely NEEDS to have a venue of 5$+ (depending on the venue) and 10$ entry for COMPETITIVE PLAY (note its no longer casual) anything major like a monthly or just big event in general usually has entry fees of 15$ or more. SoVA just needs to get used to it. if your gonna do some kind of casual thing at a game store venue every week, id say 5$ is fine. bi weekelys NEED TO BE 10$. appeal to the scene, let new players join in on casual stuff until they feel like they can hold there own. but dont drag the scene down by holding the hands of kids that need to learn how to walk before they try to run with the rest of the pack.

4) that being said, i think that the major tournament holders in sova should have some kind of meet. im hosting at my place the next 2 fridays. i think we should do that on the 29th. people im looking to see....Toasty, slash, khalil, C-stick, Whodat, Dragon charlz, Schoolie D.

Also, if anyone is going to the GnT tourney the following saturday (the 30th) your more than welcome to say over my place that night. so if any of Team Richmond wanna come down Friday, thats cool.

HOLLA!
Will there be any food?

toasty

Smash Hero
hahaha Kadaj you have selective vision or some ****, for real...seeing only what you want and vice versa...you're most certainly not a tourney organizer :)

@Otis: I see what you're saying, but I wanna talk to you about this some more [that meeting sounds like a good idea]

@Malco: you, sir, know what's up.

whodat

Smash Apprentice
I may be able to hit up that meeting, but I can't guarantee. I will talk to DragonCharlz about it though.

Edit: Serpent how is it going with the hi-score videos?

rhan

Smash Hero
Nc was effing amazing! Wish the people that didn't go went....:(

Toasty and the SoVA peeps that let me tag along, thank you so much. It was such a great experience and everyone one of ya'll made it even better. :)

SoVA love <3!!!!!!!!!

sk1zz0t

Smash Rookie
yo yo

you guys should let me in on some practice sometime, all my friends are really bad at smash :p

I was the white dude with the wavebird (lol) at the high score tourney a few weeks ago

getting a new car soon too! :D

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I know I'm not supposed to be up in here, but I agree with Toasty. Good stuff happened right there, and I almost forgot. To be fair, VA was effing amazing too.

Also Toasty, I watched that Firgate match. That was soo messed up man.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
serpent needs the bracket from gum in order to label the video of hiscore. so after gum gives the bracket to serpent he can post vids.

rhan

Smash Hero
Dr Peepee said:
I know I'm not supposed to be up in here, but I agree with Toasty. Good stuff happened right there, and I almost forgot. To be fair, VA was effing amazing too.

Also Toasty, I watched that Firgate match. That was soo messed up man.
Toasty went out like a G! I shed tears for that match. It was some way to go out...

Also I don't have a problem with you being on the thread.

toasty said:
<3 Rhan

and dude your sig is HILAAAARIOUS

that was one of the better moments of the weekend hahaha ^_^
Yeah it was. Tope is hilarious. XD

EDIT: Now that I think about it. The "Orange" comment at the 7-11 was pretty hilarious also. Now I'm stuck on a debate with myself....-.-

toasty

Smash Hero
lmao @ "orange"...forgot about that...

also: I'm posting Jubilee videos and have more to upload...

www.youtube.com/curiousenver

Thanks DRPP, Rhan, and anyone who bust through the entrance of the JCC when they saw my death through the door from the other end of the venue...though my morale was completely destroyed in that second match [which greatly lent itself to my failure in the 3rd match], it warmed my heart to get that support haha =D

For those wondering what they're talking about...watch til the very end of this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IiSlE-Xmus

whodat

Smash Apprentice
I was highly upset that you went out like that. Literally you were winning the match. Although it could have gone both ways I thought you were going to pull it out.

rhan

Smash Hero
toasty said:
lmao @ "orange"...forgot about that...

also: I'm posting Jubilee videos and have more to upload...

www.youtube.com/curiousenver

Thanks DRPP, Rhan, and anyone who bust through the entrance of the JCC when they saw my death through the door from the other end of the venue...though my morale was completely destroyed in that second match [which greatly lent itself to my failure in the 3rd match], it warmed my heart to get that support haha =D
Don't worry about it. We all have at least one ******** death. *CO-YYG-UGH*

We still love you for reping SoVA to the fullest in the tourney! TOASTY TOAST! :D

P.S. - I felt bad after everyone came in and I sorta rub a little bit of that death in your face...cause at first I didn't know it was a tourney match... :( If I would have found out, I would have cheered you on for the last match. And I subcribed.

P.S.S - O-No's imagination can make even the manliest of men cry. Captain Falcon is eatting ice cream in bed crying himself to sleep now....

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
its the winners grand finals......toasty is up by 70%....victory is just a matter of one solid f-smash....

to get to this tourney, toasty was flown out to californina by the people organizing the tourney. he was thrilled. he was in the company of some really cool smashers and was thought to be a sure bet on the win. as fas watched on and cheered for him. the 1st prize pot of $6000 was sounding nice. in toasttys mind it was more than just money and, the reason he had fought so hard to get to the top. it was just the bit of money he needed to help his mom pay for his grandmothers surgery......

as the match draws to a close...the final blow is sure....10:52....BRAWL happens.....

11:33.....Toasty is pronounced dead...doctors say self inflicted gunshot wound to the face is the cause......

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
I would say that beats out the last top Orpheon-gay that happened to Jwolf vs either Kadaj or Whodat where he Dair'd through the insanely small crack between the vertical moving platform and the stage itself...

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
Needless to say it was like in deep tourney =/

laaaaaame

*****es need to man up and come to Games N Trade EVERY DAY!!!!!!!!!

I've been playing BlackG, I laugh at the Whorenado now, while backflipping, shooting lasers, and moving so fast it makes a PING noise.

Jeff.....

Smash Rookie
It was in the loser finals =[

I would come to games and trade but i have no idea where its at and i dont want to drive for for only casuals...

Possible money matches?

Top Bottom