• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
update:

Hosted by God and some of his bros
As always, out of state will have housing available from Friday (the 15th) through Monday (the 18th)

Who wants some?

There will be a $10 entry fee (this includes housing for the entire weekend, though) reduced to $5 if you bring an entire brawl set up. We'd also love it if you brought a copy of melee as well, for the Saturday tournament.

Do y'all kids reallly need info?
Brawl and Melee tournament - teams and singles
More or less the same rules as Fast1. But Luigi's Mansion is banned.
Melee tourney will start around noon on the 16th with teams first (Saturday)
$5 To get into lord karn's house $20 per team and $10 for singles
Brawl tourney will start around noon on the 17th with teams first (Sunday)
$10 To get into the center $5 if you bring a set-up $20 for teams and $10 for singles
Ladies get in free ;]

For you lazy peoples though who don't want to go through all of that here are the details in a nutshell:

The melee tourney will be at lord karn's Dad's house on Saturday and the address for that is:
2018 Brilliant Drive Raleigh, NC 27616.This is the address of the venue where the actual

Brawl tourney will be on Sunday:
12804 Norwood Road
Raleigh, NC 27613

We need as many TV 's/Wiis/Cubes/Powerstrips as possible. Please post if you can bring any of these.

So...if you have TVs/Wiis/Brawl, bring them. If your friends have any one of those 3 things and they are not going to Jubilee, kindly beg them to let you use them for this weekend. It will save you, if I'm doing the math right, $10 overall.

Also: make sure to MM as many people as possible :) Tons of people who are between "eh" and "not bad" ^_^

Gum

Smash Journeyman
Ugh can't wait for this **** to go down. Sooo many people to play against! Hope Dizo is there cuz that dude is hilarious. Oh and Roy the Flamboyant too. good times indeed.

toasty

Smash Hero
yeah she's mad cool and Dzo is indeed hilarious...I don't think the "Roytards" will be there though...not sure. Haven't heard anything from them >_> I just can't wait to hear the genuine call of the Catfish [sorry Riku, but no one can quite do it justice like the real NC boyz]

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
yeah she's mad cool and Dzo is indeed hilarious...I don't think the "Roytards" will be there though...not sure. Haven't heard anything from them >_> I just can't wait to hear the genuine call of the Catfish [sorry Riku, but no one can quite do it justice like the real NC boyz]
**** right. No one can do like dem NC boyz. I only lived there 4 two years.

toasty

Smash Hero
today..I find out if NDN is going to Jubilee. Slash: how much space do you have in your truck? Would it be you, Khalil, and one other [whodat?] and then I take NDN, Kadaj, Famous, and Killz?

Also: Anyone riding with....naw **** it, ANYONE REPPING SOVA: please please please make sure that you all take ****ing showers and wear clean clothes. We're going to be going on 3 hour drives with cars full of potentially smelly dudes, to a house (mansion) full of even MORE potentially sweaty dudes. We can't be contributing to that nastiness....nor do we want people being like "yo that one kid from SoVa? I couldn't even breathe around him! I hope he doesn't see us going to get food, I don't think I can handle being in a car with him"
......there were a couple people on the Critical Hit trip who, to be blunt, smelled awful and had smelly clothes [that's the problem, it was more than one so I could never pinpoint it to talk to that one person instead of posting here about it]

I'm just saying, it's common courtesy: be SOMEWHAT clean and do your laundry >_>

and no, I'm not some holier/cleaner-than-thou type...I don't shower every single day and I don't always wear fresh clothes, but I also don't smell like hot garbage...
the choice is yours haha

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of inside jokes

Yo Riku you mind filling me in on all of these wierd abbreviations Dobee was saying at the HS tournament?

Ohh man so many tourneys and fests I'm not going to.... ;_;
Like Dobee said, U don't need to know. Besides it's one of those u have to be there moments.

D0N

Smash Ace
Im looking to play either tonight or tomoro. ill play anywhere. I still want to play before i leave sunday.

rhan

Smash Hero
D0N said:
Im looking to play either tonight or tomoro. ill play anywhere. I still want to play before i leave sunday.
You willing to drive over the bridge and an hour into nothingness?!?!?!?1?!!??!1

If so, I'm down. :)

D0N

Smash Ace
Rhan: Tonight im leaning more towards places ive been to atleast once, but tomaro i may be willing to.

rhan

Smash Hero
D0N said:
Rhan: Tonight im leaning more towards places ive been to atleast once, but tomaro i may be willing to.
Ah cool. I was just joshing btw. You don't have to come all the way out here. I know how gas is these days.(Plus the toll doesnt help much either...) Unless you really would want to come out. Either way you're welcomed here anytime.

D0N

Smash Ace
Ah cool. I was just joshing btw. You don't have to come all the way out here. I know how gas is these days.(Plus the toll doesnt help much either...) Unless you really would want to come out. Either way you're welcomed here anytime.
ive driven far to parts unknown to play before as long as its wihin an hour or so drive, just not often because of the gas issue, and i know how it is to live in the middle of nowhere. you should see the city my college is in, we have a mall thats more like a hallway and a movie theater with only two theaters. but i dont ussually drive that way and forgot theres a toll, so maybe another time. I ussually get lost somehow and im afraid id end up paying the toll twice.

toasty

Smash Hero
To people going to Jubilee:

bring blankets and pillows.

Also, about the "smelly" issue I mentioned:
If you are in my car, and I can smell your hot garbage self, I WILL call you out, pull over at the nearest gas station/7 eleven, and make you get deodorant, or Febreze (depends on what smells). :) I hope that's more effective than the "advice" I gave before...
so take a bath.
do your laundry.
if I smell, call me out =D

gahhh someone needs to give Khalil a ride...I'm finding out if ndn can make it or not...****it Slash :( I understand what you told me though, wise decision.

Just so people know:
originally I had talked to Slash/Khalil/ndn/Ether separately about going to Jubilee. Then when it was decided that I would team with Kadaj, so he was next on the list. Then Famous asked me about giving him and Killz a ride too, and then Whodat asked me.
Dobee didn't say he was gonna go, as far as I know(?), and Ether said he wasn't going. And then I said Kadaj, Famous, and Killz could probably come since I totally forgot that I told Slash I would give him a ride. Slash then says he can drive with Khalil. And now Slash isn't going anymore.
If Khalil can't find a ride, I'm gonna make an executive decision and tell ndn he can't make it since he probably has less interest in the event than Khalil does....AND he went to Chu's last biweekly >_>

I hope someone else decides to go and drive so that Khalil and Whodat can make it :)

Also: since Melee is on Saturday and Brawl is on Sunday [it was changed twice and I thought Brawl teams was saturday morning], I won't be leaving SoVa AS early. Plan to leave SoVa at 10:30 instead of 9 :)

Don't forget that there are TWO venue fees [both of which you can drop to $5 if you bring a full Brawl setup], one of which covers housing for the whole weekend as well as whatever food is provided :)

Jubilee is toooo goodz, for real everyone. It's an amazing event. And NOT because of the actual tourney. Huge weekend NC tourneys are sights to behold.

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
Jubilee is toooo goodz, for real everyone. It's an amazing event. And NOT because of the actual tourney. Huge weekend NC tourneys are sights to behold.
Jus ask about "RED MARTH" and the famous "CHOKE CORD"

CStick

Smash Lord
so, whats the deal with Jubliee this weekend?

I gotta work Friday night, but I'm off Saturday AND Sunday. I doubt I'd be able to ride up with people, but I can maybe find my way if I'm up to it.

toasty

Smash Hero
update: my car will be taking Kadaj, Famous, Killz, and Khalil

Sorry Whodat :( I hope you find a ride...

@Cstick, if you find a ride: take Whodat? haha :) hope you can make it as well dude
Melee teams saturday morning, singles later. Brawl is sunday but not at Karn's house, at a venue nearby

CStick

Smash Lord
I got a feeling that I'd have to drive myself, which means that I could maybe pick up Whodat if he pays gas, or something. I dunno though. I'm not gonna make promises because I may end up not going. If I do, its gonna be so spur-of-the-moment that it won't even be funny.

also, if ndn is gonna go and drive, then ask him if he would gimme another ride with me supplying gas moneyz again. But, it depends on when he's leaving, so unless people are gonna be leaving around 11pm at night... I may have to suffer a late night drive by myself.

whodat

Smash Apprentice
Toasty- I understand your decision and I'm not mad.

If anyone else is going and can give me a ride call me 757 593 8366. If not then good luck to everyone else.

Batmansince1939

Smash Journeyman
Well ladies and gentlemen I have officially moved to brawl but with the Tag of KF! beside it...

Plan to start training and festing once again, and once i come back from the big state of FL on sat. I plan to host a fest the upcoming week

the details have yet to be figured out...

but any help finding smashers in the state of FL would be great, laugh

toasty

Smash Hero
Mashi's not going

also, I got a text from Otis saying:

next 3 fridays I will be holding brawl at my place...possibly mini tourneys

(but he didn't know about the 30th or Jubilee...no Jubilee for him but he's down for the 30th and I told him get to SC4 players too, and he is bringing them =D)

but I guess you can call him on the next 3 fridays to come over and play Brawl :)

unrealperson4564

Smash Apprentice
Virginia Beach, VA ; I think I'm becoming a Sonic
Jus ask about "RED MARTH" and the famous "CHOKE CORD"

Moar liek infamous m i rite?

W00t otis tourney fests are like SOO walkable from where I live so Thanks for the info toast!

No matter how amazing this is I almost swore at the computer screen after hearing this wannabe's "nickname"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=985gQXDNO5g

In other (un)related news I saw BlackHeartlee at Farm Fresh today when I was bagging groceries. It felt like my soul was being torn to peices when he gave me that neutral glare O_o

Batmansince1939

Smash Journeyman
Hahaha maybae but drews is out of town and im playing brawl here!
This is where you need to be mashi!
yea malco good idea just invite mshi over acutally invite everyone on the boards you know to have big blast at my place while i am gone

....laugh j/k

hey mashi i got a new phone, and i need that number of yours

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
Well ladies and gentlemen I have officially moved to brawl but with the Tag of KF! beside it...

Plan to start training and festing once again, and once i come back from the big state of FL on sat. I plan to host a fest the upcoming week

the details have yet to be figured out...

but any help finding smashers in the state of FL would be great, laugh
Did you check out their massive statewide FL thread? They've got every other state pretty much beat as far as friend finding goes with regional listings, maps divided by locale listings, tourney/event archives, history volumes, etc. They even list all of their upcoming events for the entire state in a one-post, organizd format. You dont even have to post or even scroll down beyond the first page to find out about whats going down there.

It's really cool...

CStick

Smash Lord
Otis: I'm coming to your fest, and I'm bringing Melee

also, I'll be free tomorrow and Sunday for those not going to Jubilee. Mashi? Ndn? Malco?

just hit me up with a text, voicemail, whatever sometime after noon.

Top Bottom